• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad news for ASU

Started by Lions84, January 07, 2013, 09:27:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions84

B. Kirk

January 07, 2013, 09:38:37 am #1 Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 12:36:42 pm by B. Kirk
UAPB is slipping.

zebradynasty

Wish the article provided more detail. Some of those schools are in places that I have never heard associated with high crime. Sounds like UA, ASU and UCA need to contact UAPB for advice!

redwolf143

January 09, 2013, 11:08:38 am #3 Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:10:51 am by redwolf143
go to the business insider article, it has more info, but still proves sketchy at best.

UAPB did not qualify as they are below 10k students, the threshold for the survey.

Breitontime

I've been on 11 of the campuses listed. Never had any trouble.

Somewhat surprised to see MIT. Though, I assume that has more to do with Boston than anything.

Peety

Never had any problems at ASU. This thing is a joke.

Breitontime

January 09, 2013, 11:30:51 am #6 Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:33:37 am by Breitontime
I wouldn't call it a joke if it's crime data compiled by the FBI.

ricepig

Quote from: Peety on January 09, 2013, 11:29:36 am
Never had any problems at ASU. This thing is a joke.

I guess you never crossed Johnson.

xtremewildcat

The reason ASU and the other schools are ranked so high is because there was a homicide on campus a couple of years ago.

The death at ASU was an honor student that was shot by a jelous boyfriend. All the parties were from Helena by the way, and they all knew each other.

There was nothing anyone could have done to prevent that murder. But, it still goes down as a campus homicide.

OBTW, the reason the coward did it where he did it was because he knew the other young man didn't bring a weapon to the school apartment. Would have had a different outcome had he tried it when the victim was at home.

ricepig

Quote from: xtremewildcat on January 09, 2013, 11:36:19 am
The reason ASU and the other schools are ranked so high is because there was a homicide on campus a couple of years ago.

The death at ASU was an honor student that was shot by a jelous boyfriend. All the parties were from Helena by the way, and they all knew each other.

There was nothing anyone could have done to prevent that murder. But, it still goes down as a campus homicide.

OBTW, the reason the coward did it where he did it was because he knew the other young man didn't bring a weapon to the school apartment. Would have had a different outcome had he tried it when the victim was at home.

So, are you saying it would have a normal gang shootout  lots of bodies?

xtremewildcat

Some people think everytime there is a gun fight, there has to be "gang" activity.  I guess that helps some to compartmentalize violence.

Without getting into that.

It was a "personal" beef. Nothing more. If the coward had confronted the guy at home, he(just like most us) would have had a better shot at protecting himself.
When you are in a controlled envirionment, you tend to let your guard down.

Breitontime

Which is why people choose to attack in said environments.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Breitontime on January 09, 2013, 12:16:33 pm
Which is why people choose to attack in said environments.

I agree.

zebradynasty

Quote from: redwolf143 on January 09, 2013, 11:08:38 am
go to the business insider article, it has more info, but still proves sketchy at best.

UAPB did not qualify as they are below 10k students, the threshold for the survey.

Just because ASU was on the list is no guarantee that UAPB would be on such a list.

redwolf143

Quote from: zebradynasty on January 09, 2013, 11:12:31 pm
Quote from: redwolf143 on January 09, 2013, 11:08:38 am

Just because ASU was on the list is no guarantee that UAPB would be on such a list.
I agree, but UAPB not being on the list doesn't make them safer than ASU.

True Believer

Yes!  Yes!   This is so true that I would not dare to walk across Campus at night.

*rolls eyes as big as I can*

Good grief.  This is so funny I can't stop laughing...haha.  Slow night in Hooterville???

R. A.™

universities have to include all crimes that happen off campus on property that is adjacent to university property.

Lions84

It is sad for UALR since we had a student murder across the street a year or so ago.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas