• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Absolutely tragic news.

Started by SandLizard04, April 10, 2010, 09:15:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl is my Hero!!

^^^Yeah, us old fat guys are sensitive. Be careful what you say to us.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on April 14, 2010, 11:03:11 am
^^^Yeah, us old fat guys are sensitive. Be careful what you say to us.
lol, not about you Earl. I am in the Old fat guy club...............

bulldogs1159

Quote from: Baitshop on April 10, 2010, 09:17:56 am
Quote from: Ramblin' Man™ on April 10, 2010, 09:15:03 am
My heart absolutely aches for Poland right now.

I was there not even two weeks ago.

For those of us who don't give a rats butt about Poland on a regular basis, would you like to expound on what has driven you into this grief stricken abyss...??..??..??
You really are trying to defend that this wasn't a smart arse d-bag way to ask what happened?

The Reality is back...

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on April 14, 2010, 01:54:26 pm

For those of us who don't give a rats butt about Poland on a regular basis, would you like to expound on what has driven you into this grief stricken abyss...??..??..??
You really are trying to defend that this wasn't a smart arse d-bag way to ask what happened?

Oh my God, FRICKIN Thank you.

redwolf143

No, but two wrongs don't make a right, especially when Bait was remorseful for his phrasing as he expressed in his next comment.  I can't say the same for AoC derailing a thread about a plane crash just to insult a few of the old guys.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: redwolf143 on April 14, 2010, 02:08:07 pm

No, but two wrongs don't make a right, especially when Bait was remorseful for his phrasing as he expressed in his next comment.  I can't say the same for AoC derailing a thread about a plane crash just to insult a few of the old guys.
Interesting.

Quote from: Baitshop on April 11, 2010, 04:48:01 am
Quote from: Agent of Chaos on April 10, 2010, 05:51:21 pm

Do you, like, watch the news or have a homepage?

Actually, I own and/or operate four businesses, I am putting a daughter through grad school, and have a son who I will begin putting through grad school in January. I'm on the Board of Directors for two local organizations and am on the Executive Committee of another. I donate copious amounts of time to Church League Baseball, the American Cancer Society, the Ft. Smith Girls Shelter and anything that has to do with Southside High School.

What I don't do is go to school 15 hours a week, play intramural sports, hang out with my buddies all weekend, and visit other countries on someone else's dime.....because of that, yeah, sometimes I miss stuff......

My most humble apologies to those described above.....we old farts must be such a burden to the intellectually superior, but responsibility and financially unburdened youth of America.....

Oh, and my condolenses to the good folks of Poland......a tragedy indeed...
Do three wrongs make a right? I mean was it really called for to take shots at college kids and in a back door way taking a shot at Ramblin Man for traveling?

You all can try to put all the blame in this on AoC, but you would be incorrect.

Baitshop

Nothing to defend.....vague/indulgent thread title and OP......

In the spirit of said thread title and OP, an overly emotional/indulgent straightforward question.....RM was kind enough to answer (quickly, I might add) and give quantification to his newfound and deeply felt grief.....end of story....

UNTIL....other's found it necessary to expound upon, much like yourself, the tone and tenor of my question.....a three day pissing contest ensued including much discussion of idiocy, old fartedness, youthful bravado and many accusations of douchebaggery.....followed by a heartfelt and very much appreciated apology....

The "train" was then put back on the track, and the thread was on it's way back to mourning the tragedy that has befallen the wonderful people of Poland (RM was just there a couple of weeks ago, if you didn't know)......

And then you show up, four days late, and attempt to stir waters that had finally been calmed......douchebaggery if I have ever seen it.....

This thread, sir, is about the people of Poland, I and the others would ask that, out of respect for the Polish people, that you would strive to stay on topic....

Baitshop

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on April 14, 2010, 02:22:24 pm

Interesting.

Actually, I own and/or operate four businesses, I am putting a daughter through grad school, and have a son who I will begin putting through grad school in January. I'm on the Board of Directors for two local organizations and am on the Executive Committee of another. I donate copious amounts of time to Church League Baseball, the American Cancer Society, the Ft. Smith Girls Shelter and anything that has to do with Southside High School.

What I don't do is go to school 15 hours a week, play intramural sports, hang out with my buddies all weekend, and visit other countries on someone else's dime.....because of that, yeah, sometimes I miss stuff......

My most humble apologies to those described above.....we old farts must be such a burden to the intellectually superior, but responsibility and financially unburdened youth of America.....

Do three wrongs make a right? I mean was it really called for to take shots at college kids and in a back door way taking a shot at Ramblin Man for traveling?

You all can try to put all the blame in this on AoC, but you would be incorrect.

Do you find anything in your highlighted post that is not true.....??

Comparing the two individuals having the conversation, myself and A of C, do you have any doubts from the tone and content of AofC' OP that he felt like I was backward or behind the times....??  And do you believe that from a responsibility and financial aspect, that AofC carries a heavier burden than I do, considering the explanation of my current financial and responsibility obligations....??

I think that perhaps we have come upon another "20 something" that feels as though the older generation just does not appreciate the witty reparte and grasp of real world issues that the unencumbered youth of today have......my suggestion is that you go back and read the entire thread and see if you can jump on the bandwagon of reconciliation that we have developed of the past several days....

Again, this thread is about the people of Poland.....let's stay on topic.....shall we??

bulldogs1159

So when push comes to shove its ok for you to make sarcastic and/or d-bag comments but when someone else does its a problem? Is that what you are trying to tell me?

As for being a few days late I have been working my butt off the last few days and haven't had time to come check up on the board. So forgive me for not being on your time table.

I have read the entire thread. All I read is how you feel you are far superior to all of us "20 somethings". We work as well, its not just you.

The Reality is back...

Quote from: Baitshop on April 14, 2010, 02:39:19 pm

Interesting.

Comparing the two individuals having the conversation, myself and A of C, do you have any doubts from the tone and content of AofC' OP that he felt like I was backward or behind the times....??  And do you believe that from a responsibility and financial aspect, that AofC carries a heavier burden than I do, considering the explanation of my current financial and responsibility obligations....??

I think that perhaps we have come upon another "20 something" that feels as though the older generation just does not appreciate the witty reparte and grasp of real world issues that the unencumbered youth of today have......my suggestion is that you go back and read the entire thread and see if you can jump on the bandwagon of reconciliation that we have developed of the past several days....

Again, this thread is about the people of Poland.....let's stay on topic.....shall we??

Do you try to be an arrogant jerk, or is it natural? You keep coming after 20somethings, and then saying WE have something to prove? Or are uncombered? You keep saying you dont care what we think about you, those close to you are all that matter, especially not the opinions of 20 somethings, yet you make 2 posts about US, and throw your opinion of US our way. So, other's opinions don't matter, just yours. And your theories of us are correct, but our opinions of you(that you're an arrogant hick, in case you were wondering) are wrong?

Who has more of an inferiority complex here? You're the one who, out of NOWHERE, had to justify your accomplishments as a business owner and a father, when really, that isn't pertinent to this thread at all. So, really, YOU derailed the thread, and when I finish, you and redwolf make it a point to keep it going.

Seriously, is life that bad for you?

Quite Frankly

I somehow feel left out here.

The Reality is back...

Quote from: QF© on April 14, 2010, 03:05:02 pm

QUICK! DO SOMETHING DRASTIC!

*QF punches Xtreme*

I SAID DRASTIC!

bulldogs1159

April 14, 2010, 03:25:14 pm #62 Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 03:26:55 pm by bulldogs1159™©
Quote from: QF© on April 14, 2010, 03:05:02 pm
Skalliwag! (better?)

Billyo62

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on April 14, 2010, 02:54:34 pm
Quote from: Baitshop on April 14, 2010, 02:39:19 pm

Interesting.

Do you try to be an arrogant jerk, or is it natural? You keep coming after 20somethings, and then saying WE have something to prove? Or are uncombered? You keep saying you dont care what we think about you, those close to you are all that matter, especially not the opinions of 20 somethings, yet you make 2 posts about US, and throw your opinion of US our way. So, other's opinions don't matter, just yours. And your theories of us are correct, but our opinions of you(that you're an arrogant hick, in case you were wondering) are wrong?

Who has more of an inferiority complex here? You're the one who, out of NOWHERE, had to justify your accomplishments as a business owner and a father, when really, that isn't pertinent to this thread at all. So, really, YOU derailed the thread, and when I finish, you and redwolf make it a point to keep it going.

You need to quit picking on Bait, he's Old, Successful and very busy...and he ate some really bad food in China recently and is still pooing it out randomly and the timing of the episodes he can't control...so in short he's a little cranky...

Maybe in time you will understand the Bait's perspective on life and his point of view...but you will have to earn it, it takes time and it's not in any book!

bulldogs1159

So you have to earn the ability to make shortsighted smart arse comments and then get mad when you are called on it?

Baitshop

Do you try to be an arrogant jerk, or is it natural? You keep coming after 20somethings, and then saying WE have something to prove? Or are encumbered? You keep saying you dint care what we think about you, those close to you are all that matter, especially not the opinions of 20 somethings, yet you make 2 posts about US, and throw your opinion of US our way. So, other's opinions don't matter, just yours. And your theories of us are correct, but our opinions of you(that you're an arrogant hick, in case you were wondering) are wrong?

Inferior to what??

I don't have to justify anything in regards to my accomplishments as a businessman and father.....the facts that I stated are just that,...the facts....there is no disputing facts....

What was, and is still not pertinent to this conversation, is your  question of whether I "watch the news or have a home page".....I asked a direct question in regards to the subject of this thread, was given an answer, and then you found it necessary to chime in with you sarcastic, condescending comment......the derailing began immediately after you found it appropriate to comment on your opinion of the possible reasons that I may not be up on the current events....I then decided to explain to you how our circumstances may differ and how my situation might keep me from having the same level of awareness of said current events that you may have.....you then began a not so well conceived and less effectively administered attempt to make this about how your getting an education was, somehow, bad in my opinion.....once you were not able to prove that point, we started on the douchebaggery diversion.....another non-starter for you.....and finally we came to your apology for the potentially, unnecessary "gas on the fire" comment.....I said all is well, lets get back to the topic at hand and have said not one word until our friend 1159 decided that he needs to get his two cents worth....

1159 falls under the same category that I discussed earlier.....I have no desire to allow a young one that has not felt the full weight of life take shots at me without comment.....my respect and tolerance for another mans opinion hinges on his knowledge and experience in life.....

I compare it to the guy that builds model airplanes trying to tell a guy that works for NASA how to build the space shuttle.....

Scorp

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on April 14, 2010, 03:58:38 pm
So you have to earn the ability to make shortsighted smart arse comments and then get mad when you are called on it?

Can I call you on this one then   d-bag?

OUSoonersOU

Poland does not have a lot to offer the World, but they do have 4 time strongman champion Mariousz Pudzianowski.  He is now fighting in MMA and has a record of 1-0.  He is fighting ex-UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim "The Maineiac" Sylvia next.  Pudzianowski is a national hero in Poland.  So it's not like Poland has no pride.

The Reality is back...

Quote from: Baitshop on April 14, 2010, 04:44:00 pm
Do you try to be an arrogant jerk, or is it natural? You keep coming after 20somethings, and then saying WE have something to prove? Or are encumbered? You keep saying you dint care what we think about you, those close to you are all that matter, especially not the opinions of 20 somethings, yet you make 2 posts about US, and throw your opinion of US our way. So, other's opinions don't matter, just yours. And your theories of us are correct, but our opinions of you(that you're an arrogant hick, in case you were wondering) are wrong?

Inferior to what??

I don't have to justify anything in regards to my accomplishments as a businessman and father.....the facts that I stated are just that,...the facts....there is no disputing facts....

What was, and is still not pertinent to this conversation, is your  question of whether I "watch the news or have a home page".....I asked a direct question in regards to the subject of this thread, was given an answer, and then you found it necessary to chime in with you sarcastic, condescending comment......the derailing began immediately after you found it appropriate to comment on your opinion of the possible reasons that I may not be up on the current events....I then decided to explain to you how our circumstances may differ and how my situation might keep me from having the same level of awareness of said current events that you may have.....you then began a not so well conceived and less effectively administered attempt to make this about how your getting an education was, somehow, bad in my opinion.....once you were not able to prove that point, we started on the douchebaggery diversion.....another non-starter for you.....and finally we came to your apology for the potentially, unnecessary "gas on the fire" comment.....I said all is well, lets get back to the topic at hand and have said not one word until our friend 1159 decided that he needs to get his two cents worth....

1159 falls under the same category that I discussed earlier.....I have no desire to allow a young one that has not felt the full weight of life take shots at me without comment.....my respect and tolerance for another mans opinion hinges on his knowledge and experience in life.....

I compare it to the guy that builds model airplanes trying to tell a guy that works for NASA how to build the space shuttle.....

STOP POSTING IS YOU'RE SO MUCH BETTER THAN US!

"my respect and tolerance for another mans opinion hinges on his knowledge and experience in life"

Which you absolutely know nothing about, since you don't know him. Which, I believe, is the point you were trying to make to me about 2 pages ago, but again, your actions don't match your words.

Baitshop

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on April 14, 2010, 03:58:38 pm

I asked a question, how in the world you can quantify that question as "shortsighted" is beyond me......

Was the question posed in a potentially sarcastic manner..??..possibly.....

Was RM's OP vague and perhaps, self indulgent..??....possibly....

Was AofC's comment/question necessary and/or pertinent to the subject of the thread..??...I think not....

Did AofC's comment/question anger me..??.... certainly not.....he did ask a pointed question that I tried to answer with the same degree of respect that it was asked.....

Did we, over a couple of days and a couple of pages of posts, come to some form of agreement.....I'm not sure about that, but I do think that we found enough common ground to part the conversation with a new understanding what the others initial intentions were and an ability to move forward.....IMHO, you can's ask for more than that.....

Obviously, you feel differently, so if you would like to rehash this entire though process....you know what they say "my time is your time".....

Quite Frankly

How am I not in this mess?  I must be tired.

Earl is my Hero!!

Did you hear the one about the Polock, the Mexican, and the hick Bag?

Billyo62

Quote from: QF© on April 14, 2010, 05:07:00 pm
How am I not in this mess?  I must be tired.

QF..I think you should Microwave some popcorn kick back and hit the Refresh button now and then just to witness more " Tragedy" on this thread.

This is great!

In the near Corner wearing the Powder Blue Boxers.. The Old Guy ..Bad Boy Baitshop

In the Far Corner..wearing sponge Bob Pull ups...The Brainy Young Guys!

Fight fair and come out swingin Boys! 

Ding-Ding-Ding...Let's get it on!

Baitshop

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on April 14, 2010, 04:54:13 pm
Quote from: Baitshop on April 14, 2010, 04:44:00 pm
Do you try to be an arrogant jerk, or is it natural? You keep coming after 20somethings, and then saying WE have something to prove? Or are encumbered? You keep saying you dint care what we think about you, those close to you are all that matter, especially not the opinions of 20 somethings, yet you make 2 posts about US, and throw your opinion of US our way. So, others opinions don't matter, just yours. And your theories of us are correct, but our opinions of you(that you're an arrogant hick, in case you were wondering) are wrong?

Inferior to what??

What was, and is still not pertinent to this conversation, is your question of whether I "watch the news or have a home page".....I asked a direct question in regards to the subject of this thread, was given an answer, and then you found it necessary to chime in with you sarcastic, condescending comment......the derailing began immediately after you found it appropriate to comment on your opinion of the possible reasons that I may not be up on the current events....I then decided to explain to you how our circumstances may differ and how my situation might keep me from having the same level of awareness of said current events that you may have.....you then began a not so well conceived and less effectively administered attempt to make this about how your getting an education was, somehow, bad in my opinion.....once you were not able to prove that point, we started on the douchebaggery diversion.....another non-starter for you.....and finally we came to your apology for the potentially, unnecessary "gas on the fire" comment.....I said all is well, lets get back to the topic at hand and have said not one word until our friend 1159 decided that he needs to get his two cents worth....

STOP POSTING IS YOU'RE SO MUCH BETTER THAN US!

"my respect and tolerance for another mans opinion hinges on his knowledge and experience in life"

Which you absolutely know nothing about, since you don't know him. Which, I believe, is the point you were trying to make to me about 2 pages ago, but again, your actions don't match your words.

AofC....I have the right to quantify and qualify another persons opinion as I choose....just like you have a right to your opinion that I am a jerk or douchey....

I have never said that I am better than you or any of your young friends.....you can't find that anywhere in my posts just like you can't find where I inferred that getting an education was a bad thing.....you are trying to throw stuff up on the wall and see what sticks....

My description of college life, that you seem so offended by, comes from my own personal experience, my experience with putting my daughter and son through college, and what many of my friends, who have kids in college, say their experience with their kids has been......I said in an earlier in reply #13..."So, yes, I think that I have an idea about what most college students are like. All of them...??  No...there are exceptions to every rule....."

I've done what you say you are currently doing.....paid for every single dime of my college education.....IMHO, as difficult and challenging as that was, it was not and is not the same amount of pressure and responsibility that I have today as a husband, father, and businessman.....however, when I was your age and in your position, I felt exactly as you do.....and I also didn't want to hear it from the old farts that I wasn't "a man"......there is no amount of someone in my generation trying to explain it to you that will convince you, just like it was when I was your age.....it will come to you over the next few years as you graduate, get your first "real" job, find Mrs. Chaos, buy a home, and have a couple of little Chaotics.....

You guys are fine right now, and are where most of us have been before, we had the same opinions and ideas that you have now....

In ten years call me and I will buy you, your lovely wife and the two little Chaotics, a Diet Mountain Dew and we can laugh about the past 4 days drama.....

Until then, enjoy your lack of encumbrance...... ;)

Quite Frankly

April 14, 2010, 05:39:09 pm #74 Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 05:43:46 pm by QF©
Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on April 14, 2010, 05:17:28 pm
Isn't that what is unfolding in here?

Baitshop

April 14, 2010, 05:42:20 pm #75 Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 05:44:18 pm by Baitshop
Quote from: QF© on April 14, 2010, 05:39:09 pm
Isn't that what is unfolding here?

QF....did I fix that for you..??..??

Baitshop

Dude, don't forget about the old fart and the idiot.....

Quite Frankly

In a sidebar.... is there a limit to the number of times you reheat delivered pizza?

Quite Frankly

Anyone notice how they are investigating if the President forced the pilot to land the plane even though the pilot was possibly against it?

A previous incident cost a pilot his job when he refused with this same president to land in a rough storm.

Baitshop

Quote from: QF© on April 14, 2010, 05:46:12 pm
In a sidebar.... is there a limit to the number of times you reheat delivered pizza?

Who reheats pizza..??..??   :-\

Baitshop

Quote from: QF© on April 14, 2010, 05:51:01 pm

Anyone notice how they are investigating if the President forced the pilot to land the plane even though the pilot was possibly against it?

Was the President a "20something"..??..??

Was the pilot an old fart douchebag..??..??

I'M KIDDING!!!

The Reality is back...

Quote from: Baitshop on April 14, 2010, 05:55:25 pm
Quote from: QF© on April 14, 2010, 05:46:12 pm

Who reheats pizza..??..??   :-\

I think we may have found common ground.

If you have leftover pizza....and you better have a good reason for not eating it all.....you don't reheat. If you left it out, if you put it in the fridge, doesn't matter. You eat is AS IS. With beer.

Quite Frankly

Baitshop

April 14, 2010, 08:58:53 pm #83 Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 09:03:49 pm by Baitshop
Quote from: QF© on April 14, 2010, 08:54:42 pm
Two words:

Sensor Reheat.

What is that..??..??

NM....I did what I should have before I posted.....duh, Google.....

Microwaving make the crust too chewy, IMO....

And THAT, for me, is "Absolutely tragic news"....

Quite Frankly

Leftovers are leftovers.

Air crash to school brats vs senior citizens to pizza etiquette.

I think we've got things pretty well covered.

RD™

Warming up left over pizza is for wussies.

Real men eat cold pizza.

Quite Frankly

Not 4 days later.  Next day maybe.

RD™

Quite Frankly

Well, I'm allergic to penicillin.

The Reality is back...

Quote from: QF© on April 14, 2010, 09:24:59 pm
Leftovers are leftovers.

That is SOOOOO ff.

Scorp

Quote from: Agent of Chaos on April 14, 2010, 09:34:44 pm
Quote from: QF© on April 14, 2010, 09:24:59 pm
Leftovers are leftovers.

That is SOOOOO ff.

What air crash?  Was there an air crash?   That's tragic.

RD™

Quite Frankly

Quote from: Scorp on April 14, 2010, 09:37:19 pm
What air crash?  Was there an air crash?   That's tragic.

Absolutely.

Quote from: Rebel Dog™ on April 14, 2010, 09:39:20 pm
You're such a woman.
Opinions vary.  It's very likely that I'm more womanly than some Baylor Lady Bear basketball players.

(I say we take this thread off to a record level of tangents)

RD™

Quote from: QF© on April 14, 2010, 09:41:37 pm
Quote from: Scorp on April 14, 2010, 09:37:19 pm
What air crash?  Was there an air crash?   That's tragic.

Absolutely.

Quote from: Rebel Dog™ on April 14, 2010, 09:39:20 pm
You're such a woman.
Opinions vary.  It's very likely that I'm more womanly than some Baylor Lady Bear basketball players.

(I say we take this thread off to a record level of tangents)
We can always re-invent the good stuff.

Gus Invented It

and/or

The Simple Life Thread

Quite Frankly

I know of those or course, but I believe it predates my participation rise.  I'm pretty sure QF is not on either of those classics.

BTW, I consider being allergic to penicillin a blessing.

Scorp

QuoteIt's very likely that I'm more womanly than some Baylor Lady Bear basketball players.

Yes indeed!  Don't you think there should be some sort of mandatory testing done??

Anyone know the best way to reheat (if necessary) leftover tex-mex food?

And which mod gave OU his privileges back (speaking of new rants!)

RD™

Quote from: Scorp on April 14, 2010, 09:50:27 pm
QuoteIt's very likely that I'm more womanly than some Baylor Lady Bear basketball players.

Yes indeed!  Don't you think there should be some sort of mandatory testing done??

They tried to test Brittney but she gave them a right hook and slapped em with her atom's apple. While singing it's Raining Men.

Re-heating Tex-Mex violates Man Law 1359.3-1 (a) - "served Tex-Mex will be eaten whole or not eaten at all"

Quite Frankly

Scorp

Quote from: Rebel Dog™ on April 14, 2010, 09:53:16 pm
Quote from: Scorp on April 14, 2010, 09:50:27 pm

They tried to test Brittney but she gave them a right hook and slapped em with her atom's apple. While singing it's Raining Men.

Re-heating Tex-Mex violates Man Law 1359.3-1 (a) - "served Tex-Mex will be eaten whole or not eaten at all"

uhhh ....errr.... yeah I knew that ......  it's for the wifey  ;D

Scorp

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas