• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Championship contenders? Who you got?

Started by Ballhog07, February 16, 2019, 03:07:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballhog07

MT Legend

MT-Clarendon-WCC-Lafayette county just because they are number 1 on MPs

Ballhog07

MT don't have what it takes, no disipline at all..

YSpanther

Lots of upsets can happen in that first round of regionals.

While the 6 gave us like 3 of the last 4 left last year, and they are still good, Bay and Rector have been pretty decent lately and could eliminate one of those favorites from the 6, including MT, Earle, Clarendon.

The 4 did the North (3 & 6) a big favor. their lower seeds knocked off their two strongest teams at district and bumped their 1 and 2 down to 3 & 4.  So the West Regional has their 4 strongest teams playing each other in the first round, eliminating 2 of the best out of this region while having basically 3 & 4 are playing 3 & 4.  You basically have 2 teams guaranteed spots at state, and 3 of the 4 have 500 or losing records.  The west will be lucky to have one of their teams to survive the first round at state.

I think the best chance for a state champion comes out of the south and central, with Lafayette, Parkers, Junction and Dierks and the  Central with England, Cutter, White County, Pangburn etc.  And they don't have to play the North in the first round.  And this is a flaw in my opinion when it comes to state.  Matching districts up for regionals makes sense for travel.  Why do they act like it is just another round of regionals and make all the West play all of the North and all of the South play all of the Central.  Randomly assigning the 1-4 and 2-3 matchups equally amongst the 4 regions would get a bigger mix of the state, and could preserve better matchups for later in the tournament.  Sometimes you have 2 really strong regions, and 2 really weak regions.  If things don't get paired up well, you can have championship type games in the first round, and snoozers in the 2nd and 3rd rounds because some of the tougher teams all eliminated themselves.  I am sure there are some teams from the 6 deserving to go to regionals more than some of our teams in the 1 and 4, but that's life I guess.

So if i had to pick the ones with the best chance right now, I would go Marked Tree, Earle, England, Lafayette, White County and maybe Parker's Chapel.  All the other "good" teams have had head scratcher losses or played weak enough schedules I don't have the confidence they will make it to the semifinals even.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas