• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A 2019 Girls State Championship

Started by 54Bearkatz2014, March 04, 2019, 11:54:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins: Melbourne Lady Bearkatz or the Riverside Lady Rebels

Bearkatz
41 (93.2%)
Rebels
3 (6.8%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: March 11, 2019, 12:54:21 pm

54Bearkatz2014

What are the thoughts and opinions on this game? Melbourne has beaten them three times, but we all know beating a good team 4 times is a tall task.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Being an outsider looking in.  Melbourne gets the nod.  Riverside is 35-7 & 3 of those 7 came from Melbourne.   
But it is hard for a team to beat a team that many times in a season.  And 1 of Melbourne's loses came from Marmaduke. So it could be done.  I think in order for Riverside to pull off the upset. They will need to keep the score in the 30s. 
Congrats to both teams!!! 

AR Ball Junkie

Got to watch Melbourne a couple of times at Carlisle last week.  They have several players that can score in double figures.  They shoot the ball extremely well and they defend.  I didn't see any holes in this team.  It will take a big effort by Riverside. 

bbfan89

The rebels short roster (not be able to guard or pressure for fear of foul trouble)
will catch up to them, still a great accomplishment to be in the final. Melbourne is going to be god for a while.

Frank Abagnale Jr.

I think Melbourne wins this one by 10+. Riverside will have to play perfect while Melbourne is a little off for any other outcome to happen. Good luck to both teams!

MomaLion

501 to 870

Melbourne. This is a bad matchup for Riverside. Melbourne pushes the tempo and Riversde doesn't have enough to stop Melbourne from doing what they do! I would be surprised if Riverside gets within 10.

Mustang_4

I think it will be a good game for about midway through the 3rd and Melbournes depth will take over. It's definitely a good accomplishment for Riverside to be in the finals considering the players they lost at the beginning of the year.

54Bearkatz2014

Quote from: Mustang_4 on March 07, 2019, 09:28:49 am
I think it will be a good game for about midway through the 3rd and Melbournes depth will take over. It's definitely a good accomplishment for Riverside to be in the finals considering the players they lost at the beginning of the year.

What was the story on Riverside losing so many players? Is the coach just that unbearable?

TruthHurts

Melbourne wins this year, Melbourne wins next year, the year after that, and the year after that...

Mustang_4

Quote from: 54Bearkatz2014 on March 07, 2019, 11:04:36 am
What was the story on Riverside losing so many players? Is the coach just that unbearable?

Well I'm sure someone can tell more about it than me. All I know is there was some disagreements with the coach but they would have no doubt IMO been better. They lost one that cld shoot lights out and from at least 30 ft and that's no joke. One of the others was a really good physical post player. I believe he the coach is hard to play for but he seems to know a lot about the game.

54Bearkatz2014

Quote from: Mustang_4 on March 07, 2019, 01:18:53 pm
Well I'm sure someone can tell more about it than me. All I know is there was some disagreements with the coach but they would have no doubt IMO been better. They lost one that cld shoot lights out and from at least 30 ft and that's no joke. One of the others was a really good physical post player. I believe he the coach is hard to play for but he seems to know a lot about the game.

Decent coaches know the game. Great coaches know how to handle kids, are game managers, and know the game. It's up to the coach to get the most potential for a team out of a student body.

Mustangfans

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Mustangfans on March 09, 2019, 07:34:43 pm
Anyone know the score?

Games are running way behind....Clarendon/England went in double overtime, Mills/Magnolia went into overtime

Mustangfans

Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 09, 2019, 07:42:41 pm
Games are running way behind....Clarendon/England went in double overtime, Mills/Magnolia went into overtime
Ok, thanks HorseFeathers

RunninJoe

Melbourne leads 17-8 with 3:55 to go in the half.

RunninJoe

Melbourne  21
Riverside    12

Half

Mustangfans

RunninJoe

Quote from: Mustangfans on March 09, 2019, 08:33:28 pm
Not looking good for Riverside

It's not the blow out I was expecting after everything I've read/heard about Melbourne. It's a really low energy game to end the week.

emceedd

Quote from: RunninJoe on March 09, 2019, 08:42:47 pm
It's not the blow out I was expecting after everything I've read/heard about Melbourne. It's a really low energy game to end the week.

Yeah, you could see Melbourne was the better team but I was kinda disappointed in the overall performance.

elvis26

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas