• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

England vs. Clarendon Round 3

Started by FoxandHound34, March 03, 2019, 12:32:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KINGC

Sonofasonofasailor

riccoar

England  69
Clarendon  66
2:42

Clarendon shooting 2

riccoar

England ball after timeout

69 all

1:48

riccoar

England  71
Clarendon  71

England ball after TO

Lumberjackfan1978

riccoar

England 73
Clarendon 71

5.7 seconds
England ball after timeout

riccoar

England 75
Clarendon 71

4.8 seconds

Clarendon TImeout

JacketFan

bigworm

riccoar

March 09, 2019, 03:40:02 pm #61 Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 03:41:43 pm by riccoar
England 77
Clarendon 71

Final  2 OT

KINGC

We was almost there another heartbreaker for us Congrats England.

bdubyab60

Congrats to England. Great ballgame

mr.gametime

Did Clarendon coach not know they didn't have any timeouts?

riccoar

Quote from: mr.gametime on March 09, 2019, 03:44:06 pm
Guess not, but England had a 4 point lead then. Wouldn't have mattered. Just heat of the moment mistake.

bdubyab60

Guys in the radio seemed to be blaming it on the player. That's on the coach. Didn't matter it was 4 point game and was going to take something shocking to happen make a 4 point play.

Sounded like both teams layed it all on the line. England just came up with a few more plays

Lumberjackfan1978

keohog

jbtiger73

One of the best games I've watched in a very long time. But the timeout situation is definitely on coaching. But as spectators, we don't know weather he told them or not. People forget sometimes.

bdubyab60

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 09, 2019, 04:17:36 pm
One of the best games I've watched in a very long time. But the timeout situation is definitely on coaching. But as spectators, we don't know weather he told them or not. People forget sometimes.
If they had been down 3 would have been a bigger deal for sure

NEark tigers

Ctucker

Ctucker

Quote from: riccoar on March 09, 2019, 03:46:14 pm
Guess not, but England had a 4 point lead then. Wouldn't have mattered. Just heat of the moment mistake.
Didn't he do that same thing against MT last year!

Cheek

March 09, 2019, 05:20:23 pm #74 Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 05:24:57 pm by Cheek

Coach Hudson did an awesome job. He put them in a position to win, and the boys missed the shot.  He did not call the TO.  I saw him look at the player like why. TO or not, the game was over.  England was told not to foul, so even if Clarendon hit a three, England could have held the ball out of bounds until the buzzer.   It is not on Hudson at all. He made it to the finals again, without his star player down the stretch.   Congrats to the Clarendon Lions on a great year.

KINGC

Quote from: Ctucker on March 09, 2019, 05:16:22 pm
Didn't he do that same thing against MT last year!
Yes🤦🏾‍♂️ But it was over this time it was 4.8 seconds left they was up by 4. Only way it could've been in our favor is if someone hit a three point while getting fouled. That's not too realistic we had a chance to close the game in regulation but we blew it. England hit some dagger threes and had some great drives to the hoop down the stretch congratulations to them. I hope we can get back but we're going to lose Rod, Malik, and #12 after this year.

Ctucker

Quote from: KINGC on March 09, 2019, 05:25:42 pm
Yes🤦🏾‍♂️ But it was over this time it was 4.8 seconds left they was up by 4. Only way it could've been in our favor is if someone hit a three point while getting fouled. That's not too realistic we had a chance to close the game in regulation but we blew it. England hit some dagger threes and had some great drives to the hoop down the stretch congratulations to them. I hope we can get back but we're going to lose Rod, Malik, and #12 after this year.
. I hate that Malik had to miss his last  high school game

bigworm

Congrats to my Purple Lions!!! What a game!!

Congrats to Clarendon on an awesome year!!

That's what a championship game is supposed to be like!!

KINGC

Quote from: Ctucker on March 09, 2019, 05:30:36 pm
. I hate that Malik had to miss his last  high school game
Yeah hate it feel like he could've help more on crashing the boards but we still played great without em we had a chance to close out the game but we blew it ain't no excuses for that. We was up by 8 with like 4:20 to go. At that point instead of taking care of the ball we turned it over 3 times in a row. We should've made that final shot at the end of regulation but it looked like nerves got them and we missed that shot.

AR Ball Junkie

Wow.  What a game.  Congrats to England.  Folks, this was a title bout for the heavy weight championship. 

Ctucker

Quote from: riccoar on March 09, 2019, 03:16:18 pm
They need to review #15 for England shot in regulation at the 1:21 mark. I've rewound and slow motioned it. I believe he actually made the shot.
that's weird sure looked like it went in on TV

Bigditchlion

Great job purple lions! Wow, both teams refused to go away. People will be talking about this championship game for years to come. One of the most exciting games I've seen in years.
Some said after that this was the best game in the tournament. I'd have to agree.

hogsfan4life

March 09, 2019, 08:47:02 pm #82 Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 08:49:24 pm by hogsfan4life
Quote from: Cheek on March 09, 2019, 05:20:23 pm
Coach Hudson did an awesome job. He put them in a position to win, and the boys missed the shot.  He did not call the TO.  I saw him look at the player like why. TO or not, the game was over.  England was told not to foul, so even if Clarendon hit a three, England could have held the ball out of bounds until the buzzer. It is not on Hudson at all. He made it to the finals again, without his star player down the stretch.   Congrats to the Clarendon Lions on a great year.

Classy post Cheek. It was a shame Malik got hurt but I think Coach Hudson did a great job of getting the players ready without him.

It was an absolute awesome game. I feel like we are snakebit unfortunately. I was impressed with England's resilience. I can't remember how much exact time was left but England was down 8 with like 5 mins or so remaining and just clawed back. We got into OT and when #1 for England fouled out I thought for sure we had it. We had a very big opportunity to end the 1st OT but couldn't get the ball in the hoop.

England was down two fouled out players in the 2nd OT but they had others step up. I thought both coaches managed the game very well. A shame someone had to lose.

It's hard to beat a good team 3 times in a year but England was able to do that. Although it was a heartbreaker for me, England was the best team all year and deserved the title. Congrats!

bigworm

I told my wife on the way home that they should have handed out 2 title trophies in that one. Both teams played their nuts off. Neither deserved to lose.

Ctucker

Where is Big Baby? Haven't seen a post from him today!

Cheek

Quote from: Ctucker on March 09, 2019, 09:56:27 pm
Where is Big Baby? Haven't seen a post from him today!

Not Momalion. 

Ctucker

Quote from: Cheek on March 09, 2019, 10:00:00 pm
Not Momalion.
that's true maybe they will be on here tomorrow to congratulate England!

ISU7

Quote from: Bigditchlion on March 09, 2019, 06:54:07 pm
Great job purple lions! Wow, both teams refused to go away. People will be talking about this championship game for years to come. One of the most exciting games I've seen in years.
Some said after that this was the best game in the tournament. I'd have to agree.
That was before the Magnolia vs Mills game. Two classics. 8)

FoxandHound34

Where's BigBaby and Moma at?? Hibernating?

Lumberjackfan1978

jbtiger73

Bigbaby is probably getting his 2020 state championship speech prepared. Lol, yaw, naw, whip'd, hoopity hooplah, boopity boom boom.

bigworm

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on March 10, 2019, 10:50:09 pm
Have to agree

I didn't see that one. Did it go 2 OTs too?

Bigbaby and moma will be back.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek1 on March 08, 2019, 01:37:07 pm
Momma lion will be making excuses around 3pm tomorrow  :)
LOL...I have much better things to do with my time.  Go away troll.

MomaLion

Quote from: mr.gametime on March 09, 2019, 03:44:06 pm
Coach DID NOT call that timeout...a player did.

MomaLion

I was sitting right behind them and when the player called time out, Coach told him that we didn't have anymore timeouts left.  It was simply a player losing his head for a second.  Stuff happens.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on March 09, 2019, 05:20:23 pm
Coach Hudson did an awesome job. He put them in a position to win, and the boys missed the shot.  He did not call the TO.  I saw him look at the player like why. TO or not, the game was over.  England was told not to foul, so even if Clarendon hit a three, England could have held the ball out of bounds until the buzzer.   It is not on Hudson at all. He made it to the finals again, without his star player down the stretch.   Congrats to the Clarendon Lions on a great year.

Thank you Cheek, I feel the same.  Both Coaches did a fantastic job this season getting the guys prepared for the post season and getting them much farther than anyone expected after the slow start to the season.
Also, Congrats to England...y'all had the composure and depth to put it away.  You really can't ask for a better game.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: MomaLion on March 11, 2019, 03:29:48 am
I was sitting right behind them and when the player called time out, Coach told him that we didn't have anymore timeouts left.  It was simply a player losing his head for a second.  Stuff happens.
yeah that can happen

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on March 09, 2019, 10:00:00 pm
Not Momalion.
I took the day off social media lol...I was a bundle of emotions...sad for our kids having been so close and not finishing strong but also so very proud of them.  I have to say that i'm also extremely proud of our fans for lifting these kids up and congratulating them on an amazing season.  Yes we lost, but wow what a ride lol.

Congrats to England, y'all made the big shots when it really counted  :)

bdubyab60

Quote from: MomaLion on March 11, 2019, 03:44:14 am
I took the day off social media lol...I was a bundle of emotions...sad for our kids having been so close and not finishing strong but also so very proud of them.  I have to say that i'm also extremely proud of our fans for lifting these kids up and congratulating them on an amazing season.  Yes we lost, but wow what a ride lol.

Congrats to England, y'all made the big shots when it really counted  :)
Respect to you Moma. I know it was a tough one. But Clarendon laid it all on the line and came up just a play or two short. Maybe next year you guys can get that title game thing off your backs.  I sincerely mean that.

MomaLion

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 11, 2019, 03:32:47 pm
Respect to you Moma. I know it was a tough one. But Clarendon laid it all on the line and came up just a play or two short. Maybe next year you guys can get that title game thing off your backs.  I sincerely mean that.

Thank you Bdub, I appreciate that. It was tough at the time but now we're looking forward to next season and of course our new gym which will be open in October  :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas