• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

El Dorado

Started by boogercat, February 22, 2019, 02:18:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

boogercat

February 22, 2019, 02:18:33 pm Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 02:36:03 pm by sevenof400
Back to the baiscs of El Dorado. How is off-season going with Jones? Gate maybe you can find time to answer the question that I asked. Do you really think Jones would had got the job at El Dorado if he wasn't the head coach at Junction City? That would mean Jones would still be the OC at Searcy.

purpleswag

Quote from: boogercat on February 22, 2019, 02:18:33 pm
Back to the baiscs of El Dorado. How is off-season going with Jones? Gate maybe you can find time to answer the question that I asked. Do you really think Jones would had got the job at El Dorado if he wasn't the head coach at Junction City? That would mean Jones would still be the OC at Searcy.

You can complain all you want but the guy got the job...deal with it

WHITEchicken

I would say probably not. People love a champion. Jones proves he could head coach a winning football team at JC. If Carpenter had not retired he wouldn't have been the head coach there and would not have proved that. I'm not sure what you have a problem with Jones. If your problem is just with Eldo since your best friend didn't get the job or what. If you really support Eldo athletics give the guy a chance.

OB11

Honestly, going from a 6A OC to a 6A head coach makes more sense to me than a 2A head coach to a 6A head coach. I'm sure the head coaching experience didn't hurt anything at all. But I'm sure him being at Searcy as the OC helped him in getting the El Do job.

boogercat

Quote from: WHITEchicken on February 22, 2019, 05:32:43 pm
I would say probably not. People love a champion. Jones proves he could head coach a winning football team at JC. If Carpenter had not retired he wouldn't have been the head coach there and would not have proved that. I'm not sure what you have a problem with Jones. If your problem is just with Eldo since your best friend didn't get the job or what. If you really support Eldo athletics give the guy a chance.

Jones got the job at Junction City because he was from there. My problem is with Jones, this fall after week 5 people will see what I'm talking about.

i40traveler

You're going to get blocked soon.  This is ridiculous.

boogercat

Quote from: i40traveler on February 25, 2019, 01:28:51 pm

For having an opinion?

Jimbo Morphis

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: i40traveler on February 25, 2019, 01:28:51 pm

I can't believe he hasn't been blocked already...

Banter is fine, opinions are cool - but it is the same regurgitation every post now.

Jesusfreak

February 26, 2019, 04:03:51 pm #9 Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 08:22:55 pm by Jesusfreak
Re: El Doradooaching thread it was the opinion of a poster that Eldo's stadium was only 5th or 6th in 6a. What teams do you put ahead of them?
I have been to every 6a venue except S.Springs, Search, Mountain Home, Marion, and W. Memphis, and most stadiums could not hold all of Eldo's fans on their visitors side. Eldo's stadium dwarfs most teams stadium, and is the 3rd largest in the state behind Quigly in LR and Arkansas High.
Memorial is an actual concrete stadium, not just metal bleachers and scaffolding like most places. It has just a great football atmosphee w, with a history of games going back almost 70 years, and is in great shape despite being so old, and could last another 70 yearsAccess to concessions and restrooms is great. Pressbox issues are being addressed, and as far as visitors lockerrooms well...a. stategy maybe ,lol?
I will admit parking is very insufficient for such a large venue, with many having to park in nearby business lots and streets.

Hogman2018

Benton , Siloam Springs, Russelville , Greenwood and West Memphis are better than Eldorado stadium no doubt!!

YoungThunder

Quote from: Hogman2018 on February 26, 2019, 08:15:51 pm
Benton , Siloam Springs, Russelville , Greenwood and West Memphis are better than Eldorado stadium no doubt!!

As a former player for El Dorado in the 2001-2003 era, I have always thought the locker rooms needed a major upgrades. I'm not really sure why they haven't had any upgrades or anything like that before. They have the money to do it. The stadium itself is old and has a lot of history to it.

WHITEchicken

It's not as easy to upgrade anything in that stadium because the school can't just say "we are upgrading this or that". They don't own the stadium.

ClutchFactor62

Searcy's stadium is impressive. Probably the largest in 6A. Have never been to ElDo though.

YoungThunder

Quote from: WHITEchicken on February 28, 2019, 09:05:13 am
It's not as easy to upgrade anything in that stadium because the school can't just say "we are upgrading this or that". They don't own the stadium.

The stadium at El Dorado has been the same for number of years. It finally got turf back in either 2007 or 2008, and a new score board came about as well. You telling me those two things are only thing that El Dorado can do since the 90's? El Dorado can easily tell the city, we will build our own stadium if you can't fix the issues with it. That will force the city to make the changes, if not the stadium will just sit and rot for no reason. Give me a break. I played there at El Dorado from 01-03. The locker room itself really needs a major overhaul, not sure if you ever been in them or not.

WHITEchicken

I have seen them. I agree but if you think it is just as easy as getting money to do upgrades then you are mistaken. There has to be a vote. There are a lot of other things in Eldo that needs attention besides the stadium.

incogneto

Quote from: ClutchFactor62 on February 28, 2019, 11:41:11 am
Searcy's stadium is impressive. Probably the largest in 6A. Have never been to ElDo though.
I didn't think Searcy stadium was bad but I wouldn't call it impressive either.  NLR, Ft. Smith SS and Bentonville are impressive. 

Rick Swines

Let's all let the coach "coach" a few years before judging. I think he will do great.

ClutchFactor62

Quote from: incogneto on March 03, 2019, 09:38:17 pm
I didn't think Searcy stadium was bad but I wouldn't call it impressive either.  NLR, Ft. Smith SS and Bentonville are impressive.

It is better than Pine Bluff, Jonesboro, West Memphis, Marion, Mountain Home, etc. I said it is probably larger than most in 6A. Not near as impressive as the ones you had listed, though.

searcysports

Searcy's stadium is nice but pretty basic, really. And I really don't think it's as big as Memorial Stadium. Maybe it's the concrete, but it seems way smaller.

POWERCAT PRIDE

The newer stadiums in 6A (can't speak for other classifications since I don't go to the games) in my opinion are all cookie cutter with no character. Yes they are nice and modern with updated scoreboards (which all look the same), metal bleachers and nice turf fields.  But no character.  I actually like Pine Bluff's field once you get inside. You are right on top of the action. 

AHS06

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on March 11, 2019, 01:02:20 pm
The newer stadiums in 6A (can't speak for other classifications since I don't go to the games) in my opinion are all cookie cutter with no character. Yes they are nice and modern with updated scoreboards (which all look the same), metal bleachers and nice turf fields.  But no character.  I actually like Pine Bluff's field once you get inside. You are right on top of the action.
I totally agree with you on this one.  The newer stadiums all look similar just swap the mascots LOL 

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: AHS06 on March 12, 2019, 09:14:25 am
I totally agree with you on this one.  The newer stadiums all look similar just swap the mascots LOL

AHS I think us and you guys have the stadium jewels. But did they fix the hole in yall's turf when yet? :) I miss the Arkansas High vs Eldo rivalry

bleudog

AHS06

AHS06

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on March 12, 2019, 12:22:56 pm
AHS I think us and you guys have the stadium jewels. But did they fix the hole in yall's turf when yet? :) I miss the Arkansas High vs Eldo rivalry
LOL We first got turf in 2005 and it was replaced around 2016.  I don't recall the hole...but I do remember the mound on our grass field.

The pressbox will transform the appearance of Memorial Stadium.  With the overhaul we completed in 2017 and new pressbox in the near future, Arkansas High and Eldo will continue to lead the way!  And hopefully the rivalry will resume soon!

Jesusfreak

Quote from: AHS06 on March 13, 2019, 12:39:57 pm
LOL High We first got turf in 2005 and it was replaced around 2016.  I don't recall the hole...but I do remember the mound on our grass field.

The pressbox will transform the appearance of Memorial Stadium.  With the overhaul we completed in 2017 and new pressbox in the near future, Arkansas and Eldo will continue to lead the way!  And hopefully the rivalry will resume soon!

Yes, I hope the Texarkana/ Eldo rivalry will resume also. Texarkana always has tons of speed, size, and athletes, and the two teams match up well always, as Eldo is ne er lacking in the aforementioned attributes either.

I am sure the Eldo Camden game will never go away, and Eldo likes to schedule a 7a school in nonconference it seems. Having a game with Texarkana would be good preparation for Eldo for the conference and playoffs, because Eldo will probably not face a more speedy and athletic team the rest of the year most cases. Camden always fills the strands and is another team that seems to always have an abundance of speed and athletes.

y

YoungThunder

What are they doing on the El Dorado High School campus? They are building something where the practice field was, is that going to be a dome like there is at Barton Jr High?

bleudog

Quote from: YoungThunder on March 27, 2019, 01:00:25 pm
What are they doing on the El Dorado High School campus? They are building something where the practice field was, is that going to be a dome like there is at Barton Jr High?

Maybe this:  CLICK HERE

YoungThunder

Quote from: bleudog on March 27, 2019, 01:27:58 pm
Maybe this:  CLICK HERE

That is not what I'm seeing when I drive by the high school. What I see is a building that is long as a football field. IF you went by the El Dorado High School on Parnell Road, you will see what used to be a practice field for the football team and now a big long dome type building is being built. I was wondering If it's actually is a indoor facility type dome with turf. What you posted is something for transportation, maintenance and food services building. There's not enough room at the location I'm referring to put this at and to hold all the school buses.

zebrafan

ED getting a new indoor facility?

YoungThunder

Quote from: zebrafan on March 27, 2019, 05:22:57 pm
ED getting a new indoor facility?

I asked someone who works for the district yesterday and they did confirm, a 100 yard indoor facility is being built where the practice field once was. 

zebrafan

Quote from: YoungThunder on March 28, 2019, 08:13:09 am

I asked someone who works for the district yesterday and they did confirm, a 100 yard indoor facility is being built where the practice field once was. 
🔥👀 anyone have any renderings of the facility?

YoungThunder

March 30, 2019, 08:01:13 pm #33 Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 08:10:38 pm by YoungThunder
Coach Sprawls has resigned and got hired on at Cabot under Coach Reed.

BlueCrew4U

So assistant football/ Track job open at El Do..... who's up for that one? 
Would allow Jones to bring in one of his guys I would guess.

zebrafan

Quote from: zebrafan on March 28, 2019, 02:09:12 pm
🔥👀 anyone have any renderings of the facility?
Nvm I saw it on coach Jones Twitter....very nice!

bleudog

April 02, 2019, 05:03:08 pm #36 Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 08:28:57 pm by bleudog
Quote from: zebrafan on April 02, 2019, 02:35:05 pm
Nvm I saw it on coach Jones Twitter....very nice!

Here's a construction progress shot

bleudog

Rida4Life

So is the rumor true that Outlaw the HC at Bearden is the new DC at ElDo?

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: Rida4Life on May 01, 2019, 09:05:52 am
So is the rumor true that Outlaw the HC at Bearden is the new DC at ElDo?

I haven't heard anything personally...but I hope not. Jones better be finding a DC that can stop Greenwood and Benton's offense. I don't see Outlaw as that person.

GotInfo?

True. Took the Job Monday of last week.

Rick Swines

Outlaw did a good job at Wynne.  Led the 5A in defensive scoring in 2017.  He will be good

YoungThunder

El Dorado is going turn into a dumpster fire now under Stephen Jones. They should had either promoted Vaughn or went outside somewhere else. The Jones hire itself is a concerning hire. I wonder who all actually applied for the job and from that list surely there was one that was better than Jones but that's hard to say because we won't know who all actually applied for it anyway. I know it's all said and done but I don't see Jones staying at El Dorado long term, I think his going have his hands full. I could be wrong about things with him. I assume Jones is going go after coaches in the 2A to be his top assistants instead of looking elsewhere for them. Good luck El Dorado in 2019. Going be interesting to see how the season folds especially when they go to Cabot and go against Coach Reed new improved panthers.

i40traveler

Quote from: YoungThunder on May 01, 2019, 10:36:58 am
El Dorado is going turn into a dumpster fire now under Stephen Jones. They should had either promoted Vaughn or went outside somewhere else. The Jones hire itself is a concerning hire. I wonder who all actually applied for the job and from that list surely there was one that was better than Jones but that's hard to say because we won't know who all actually applied for it anyway. I know it's all said and done but I don't see Jones staying at El Dorado long term, I think his going have his hands full. I could be wrong about things with him. I assume Jones is going go after coaches in the 2A to be his top assistants instead of looking elsewhere for them. Good luck El Dorado in 2019. Going be interesting to see how the season folds especially when they go to Cabot and go against Coach Reed new improved panthers.

You and Powercat Pride should have lunch together

POWERCAT PRIDE

So my opinion that Outlaw needs to be able to stop the most prolific offenses in 6A is somehow offensive to you and your high regard to Outlaw, and that puts me in the same class as Thunderboy? I think you misread my post.

i40traveler

No it wasn't because of 1 specific post of yours. 

POWERCAT PRIDE

I40 i apologize for offending you with my past posts,obviously in your opinion, insulting 2A football. I actually think Jones was a good hire..just not the best. There were more proven applicants. I am not in the same cheering section for Vaughn as Boogercat/Thunderboy though.  As a fan I am supporting Jones and pulling for him. As a person who personally knows Jones, I am definitely pulling for him.  As i stated above, his litmus test will be beating Greenwood and Benton. He hasn't seen anything like them in 2A. You cannot get to War Memorial without going through them..usually twice in a season. Getting to WM is the ONLY goal Cat's fans have in the near future. If he has an answer for GW and Benton, he will be a God in Eldo and I will be the first to eat crow.

i40traveler

Sounds like we both are rooting for him!

YoungThunder

bleudog

May 01, 2019, 05:26:14 pm #49 Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 05:30:40 pm by bleudog
Quote from: YoungThunder on May 01, 2019, 01:00:08 pm
4-6

Jones is taking over a 5-6 team.

(and 4 wins will probably qualify a 6A team for the playoffs so I'm guessing your guess would be 4-7)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas