• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A West Regional at Danville

Started by dc3, February 18, 2019, 12:12:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LJ1985

Danville 40 Eureka 32 final
Advance to play Cotter tomorrow at 7:00

LJ1985

Hackett boys over Flippin 12-7 after one

LJ1985

LJ1985

Flippin boys up 28-25 over Hackett after three

LJ1985

LJ1985

West regional semi finals on Friday

4:00- Hector vs Lavaca girls
5:30- Mountainburg vs Yellville-Summit- boys
7:00- Cotter vs Danville- girls
8:30- Eureka Springs vs Flippin- boys

YSpanther

Quote from: Cheek on February 21, 2019, 03:29:38 pm
The South is not going to sweep the Central in Boys and especially not the Girls.
Never said a thing about girls, thought that was understood.  And that's why they play the games.

Some wise sage yesterday told me that Yellville was going to be beat by Lavaca by 15.  How did that turn out? I tell you, if there is no point of reference between the two teams or conferences, it really is hard to know for sure.

YSpanther

Quote from: 3 Dollar on February 19, 2019, 01:51:45 pm
Lavaca should oust Y-S by 15.
How you feeling on that bold prognostication now? I knew it would be a tough game and my Panthers might lose.  This right here is why high school basketball is fun.

LJ1985

Lavaca 13- Hector 0 after first quarter

LJ1985

LJ1985

Lavaca 35 Hector 11 at end of three

LJ1985

Lavaca advances to finals with 46-16 win Hector

LJ1985

Mountainburg 24 Yellville Summit 23 at half

LJ1985

Yellville 51 Mountainburg 43 final in boys

YSpanther

Quote from: YSpanther on February 19, 2019, 11:11:04 am
It took everything Flippin girls had to pull out a one point victory against Eureka. Eureka finished above Cotter and Flippin in the regular season.  If the 1 puts 3 girls teams to state, I fully think it will be Eureka, Cotter and then Flippin.

On the boys side, Flippin and Hackett have met once this year in a tournament, with Flippin winning by 10. Obviously Hackett has been playing better basketball lately, with Flippin losing one of their starters over the last few weeks to a "difference of opinions" with the coach.  I think not having his ball handling and outside shooting has hurt Flippin some since then.  I see Eureka probably taking down Danville, and I truly view the Lavaca vs. Yellville-Summit game a tossup.  It is truly unfortunate that the best 4 teams talent and record wise are playing each other in the first round of regionals because of the upsets in the 4.  Whatever happens, we will be sending a couple of boys teams to state that are less than the best.  But this is the time of year that getting hot can equalize a lot of things.

On the girls side, Eureka getting knocked off by 1 point puts them at the 3, very much like Lavaca on the boys side.  That is unfortunate for them and Danville.

On the girls,

Lavaca
Cotter
Danville
Flippin

On the guys

Eureka Springs
Yellville-Summit
Mountainburg
Flippin

purely from first round matchups.  If Lavaca survives Yellville, then put them at the top and Eureka second. If Hackett had hung with Mountainburg after that performance vs. Lavaca, I would've gone with them over Flippin.
I'm looking like a pretty smart prognosticator right now.  The only one I missed out on was Flippin in the girls.  They had been playing well above their normal level the last few weeks, seemed to be peaking at the right time.  Eureka Springs girls losing by one point in district cost them a trip to state just like it did for Danville boys and Lavaca boys.  If they had taken care of business at districts, they would've had much better matchups at regionals.  I was afraid the 1-2A was going to pay the price for having to face the best teams at the 3 and 4 seeds, but I guess the 1-2A wasn't the weakest conference after all, even if it was just by a nose in those first round matchups.  Yellville by 1, ES by 3 and Flippin by 3.  Mountainburg took care of Cotter, but they had been a distant 4th in the conference all year.  And Yellville just dispatched a good Mountainburg team to the consolation game.

LJ1985

LJ1985

Danville 46 Cotter 32

Danville va Lavaca round 4 for regional title Saturday at 7:00

dc3

Quote from: LJ1985 on February 22, 2019, 08:09:24 pm
Danville 46 Cotter 32

Danville va Lavaca round 4 for regional title Saturday at 7:00

Game starts at 6

LJ1985

You are correct. My bad.  Does start at 6:00

notcoachBrown

YSpanther

Eureka was winning pretty big, don't know the final score

ozarkmtnsman

A West Regional Boys
Eureka Springs 52
Flippin 38
Final

ozarkmtnsman

Earle Vs Clarendon for the 1/2

EPC Vs. Marked Tree for the 3/4

Y-S Vs. Eureka for the 1/2

Flippin Vs. Burg for the 3/4

The North is tough, not sure that it matters but I would say that Eureka and Yellville would rather not play Marked Tree in first round of state, but one of the two will do just that.

YSpanther

Quote from: ozarkmtnsman on February 22, 2019, 10:12:01 pm
Earle Vs Clarendon for the 1/2

EPC Vs. Marked Tree for the 3/4

Y-S Vs. Eureka for the 1/2

Flippin Vs. Burg for the 3/4

The North is tough, not sure that it matters but I would say that Eureka and Yellville would rather not play Marked Tree in first round of state, but one of the two will do just that.
While I agree with that sentiment, I am actually more concerned with Earle.  EPC is no picnic, but they have been very inconsistent, kind of like Yellville at times.  Hoping that the 4th time is the charm with Eureka. Cue Future Coach 3 or whatever his name is coming in and telling me that we haven't played anybody and that Eureka is the vastly superior team.  ::)

It would be nice to get some retribution on a neutral court, far from home for all playing in the seeding round.

ozarkmtnsman

IF Yellville loses, you most certainly will hear from future_couch (possibly current_player), if Yellville wins future_coach will not make an appearance.

notcoachBrown

Eureka don't want mt or Epc.. bad draw

future_coach®

Quote from: YSpanther on February 22, 2019, 10:23:32 pm
Cue Future Coach 3 or whatever his name is coming in and telling me that we haven't played anybody and that Eureka is the vastly superior team.  ::)

Not vastly superior at all. Just think the Highlanders are the better team. Hard to beat someone 4 times in a season. Should b a tremendous game.

YSpanther

Quote from: future_coach® on February 22, 2019, 11:15:22 pm
Not vastly superior at all. Just think the Highlanders are the better team. Hard to beat someone 4 times in a season. Should b a tremendous game.
Well they have proven it 3 times head to head. Smartest comment you have said this year.  I agree totally.

LJ1985

Girls consolation
Cotter 30 Hector 19 at half

LJ1985

LJ1985

Cotter wins consolation game 62-42 and will be three seed.  Hector will be the four seed

LJ1985

Flippin 12 Mountainburg 3 at end of one

LJ1985

Mountainburg 25 Flippin 23 at half

LJ1985

Mountainburg 49 Flippin 35 after third qtr

LJ1985

Mountainburg beats Flippin in boys for 3 seed

YSpanther

Quote from: LJ1985 on February 23, 2019, 03:05:02 pm
Mountainburg beats Flippin in boys for 3 seed
Thanks for all the updates.  That is what I expected the shakeout to be.  And Flippin should thank Mountainburg and Hackett for creating a situation where they get to go to state without having to face Danville or Lavaca in the first round of regionals as a 3 seed out of district.

LJ1985

Both championship games tonight will be live streamed on www.arkwest.com.   Just look for the live stream link on the bottom of the page.

LJ1985

Made

Danville girls 63-55 over lavaca in OT

LJ1985

Danville came from 12 down in third quarter to force OT

LJ1985

Yellville Summit 13 Eureka Springs 9 at half

LJ1985

Eureka springs win 32-31 over Yellville

YSpanther

Quote from: LJ1985 on February 23, 2019, 08:53:56 pm
Eureka springs win 32-31 over Yellville
Y-S gets EPC at 2:30 on Thursday, ES gets Marked Tree at 2:30 on Tuesday.  Not sure if ES didn't get a bad reward for winning this.  But any team out of the 6 is going to be a big handful

AR Ball Junkie

I haven't seen any of the West teams play so I'm not giving any predictions.   EPC has been playing good ball the last few weeks.  MT may be a little thin on depth, but, they are solid....being ranked #1 in 2A for much of the season.  Looking forward to some good ball next week. 

future_coach®

Quote from: ozarkmtnsman on February 22, 2019, 10:30:42 pm
IF Yellville loses, you most certainly will hear from future_couch (possibly current_player), if Yellville wins future_coach will not make an appearance.

Just here to prove you right ;-)

It was a great game. Lots of emotion on the Eureka Springs side with the recent news of the passing of 2 former teammates. Played with heavy hearts.

A crazy 24 hour time in these young men's life, capped off by an epic comeback. Storybook ending to our regional tournament.

ozarkmtnsman

Quote from: future_coach® on February 24, 2019, 10:33:48 am

It was a great game. Lots of emotion on the Eureka Springs side with the recent news of the passing of 2 former teammates. Played with heavy hearts.

A crazy 24 hour time in these young men's life, capped off by an epic comeback. Storybook ending to our regional tournament.

Congratulations to Eureka. Down 9 with 3 minutes to go and come up with the win.  I've watched Eureka about 7-8 times now, good athletes and good coaching. They are not really doing anything spectacular on the court, except winning. They know how to win games.

So know we will find out really how the West Region (or mostly 2A-1 conference) really stands going into state.

Thoughts and prayers are with the Eureka Springs community.

YSpanther

Quote from: future_coach® on February 24, 2019, 10:33:48 am

Congratulations.  At least this time I felt like our team played more like it is capable of doing instead of looking like deer in the headlights.  That's all I have wanted all year.  And my condolences on the terrible accident.  Yellville went through a scenario like that many years back in football, and it was an awful situation for a couple of years and the kids that were involved. Hope we both shock the world next week and maybe get a final rematch a few games in.

future_coach®

Quote from: YSpanther on February 24, 2019, 12:09:30 pm
Congratulations.  At least this time I felt like our team played more like it is capable of doing instead of looking like deer in the headlights.  That's all I have wanted all year.  And my condolences on the terrible accident.  Yellville went through a scenario like that many years back in football, and it was an awful situation for a couple of years and the kids that were involved. Hope we both shock the world next week and maybe get a final rematch a few games in.

The Panthers played well! I thought they played with a ton of energy and confidence until the press rattled them late.

With your size and athleticism, you guys have a chance next week. Good luck and I'd take a 5th game!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas