• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A Central Region @ Quitman

Started by spursfan, February 17, 2019, 04:35:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

STATGUYQHS

STATGUYQHS

End of 1st Boys Final
England 28
Pangburn 8

keohog

Rackjack74

Good grief Charlie Brown!  Like any of that changed a thing...

STATGUYQHS

Halftime Boys
England 44
Pangburn 26

keohog

STATGUYQHS

STATGUYQHS

Pangburn cuts the England lead down to 8 with 3:24 leftingame.

STATGUYQHS

keohog

England coach taking his foot off the gas in the first half almost cost us.

Ctucker

Quote from: keohog on February 23, 2019, 09:29:08 pm
England coach taking his foot off the gas in the first half almost cost us.
Even coaches learn lesson atleast it worked out! I bet he will probally not do that in state! Hopefully we will see all in semifinals if I looked at bracket right! Y'all have a good bunch it will be a challenge if it happens! Jagger played 10-12 minutes against Quitman looks like he will be good for state!

Ctucker

Quote from: Ctucker on February 24, 2019, 08:57:31 am
Even coaches learn lesson atleast it worked out! I bet he will probally not do that in state! Hopefully we will see all in semifinals if I looked at bracket right! Y'all have a good bunch it will be a challenge if it happens! Jagger played 10-12 minutes against Quitman looks like he will be good for state!
Never mind I looked at it wrong! Lol

LeftyWorld

Quote from: STATGUYQHS on February 23, 2019, 06:26:33 pm
Last time I checked you win a basketball game on the court not which dressing room your in.

Correct. However a team playing in black at home, dressing in the opposite dressing room, and shooting at the ends out of the order they are accustomed to can throw a team way off and possibly make a difference. Whether it's a good or bad difference is dependent on the team you have. But I do agree once post season hits you should play/dress/sit according to the bracket. I would think the only reason some coaches don't is because they think it's going to hurt their chances of winning. Otherwise they'd do it. But it's not a AAA rule as far as I know soooo

girlsbbfanatic

February 24, 2019, 11:03:22 am #113 Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 08:20:22 pm by girlsbbfanatic
Quote from: Rackjack74 on February 22, 2019, 09:41:44 pm
That will be him...everyone seems to have missed that whole episode.

girlsbbfanatic

Quote from: Ctucker on February 24, 2019, 08:57:31 am

agree-England coach needs to keep his foot in it

STATGUYQHS

February 24, 2019, 11:44:59 am #115 Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 01:29:32 pm by STATGUYQHS
Quote from: LeftyWorld on February 24, 2019, 09:06:20 am
Correct. However a team playing in black at home, dressing in the opposite dressing room, and shooting at the ends out of the order they are accustomed to can throw a team way off and possibly make a difference. Whether it's a good or bad difference is dependent on the team you have. But I do agree once post season hits you should play/dress/sit according to the bracket. I would think the only reason some coaches don't is because they think it's going to hurt their chances of winning. Otherwise they'd do it. But it's not a AAA rule as far as I know soooo
Heres the last four 2A Regionals Quitman has played at and result:
2016 Regional @Conway Christian  Quitman Regional Champions   State final Four
2017 Regional @ Pangburn   Quitman Regional Champions  State Champions
2018 Regional @ Magazine   Quitman Regional Champions
2019 Regional @ Quitman  Quitman Regional Campions

Hosting a regional gives you this advantage you are at home and you have your fans to support you.  Looks like the last four years it didn't matter where our girls played it was the same result.  It just looks like we have had the better team the last four years in our assigned Regional. 

STATGUYQHS

February 24, 2019, 11:49:01 am #116 Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 01:31:38 pm by STATGUYQHS
Heres the last four 2A Regionals Quitman has played at and result:
2016 Regional @Conway Christian  Quitman Regional Champions
2017 Regional @ Pangburn   Quitman Regional Champions   
2018 Regional @ Magazine  Quitman Regional Champions 
2019 Regional @ Quitman  Quitman Regional Champions   

Hosting a regional gives you this advantage you are at home and you have your fans to support you.  Looks like the last four years it didn't matter where our girls played it was the same result.  So don't fool yourself. and don't discredit our girls team,   It just looks like we have had the better team the last four years in our assigned Regional.  Enough said Its off to State!

RATTLER43

February 24, 2019, 12:45:59 pm #117 Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 12:48:26 pm by RATTLER43
"Heres the last four 2A Regionals Quitman has played at and result:
2016 Regional @Conway Christian  Quitman Regional Champions
2017 Regional @ Pangburn   Quitman Regional Champions   
2018 Regional @ Bigelow   Quitman Regional Champions 
2019 Regional @ Quitman  Quitman Regional Champions   

Hosting a regional gives you this advantage you are at home and you have your fans to support you.  Looks like the last four years it didn't matter where our girls played it was the same result.  So don't fool yourself. and don't discredit our girls team,   It just looks like we have had the better team the last four years in our assigned Regional.  Enough said Its off to State!"

I was pretty certain that Quitman girls won regional at our house instead of at Bigelow.
Your point is still accurate. Your data is not.

Rackjack74

Rattler is correct. The 2018 district was at Bigelow and the regional was at Magazine.

Rackjack74

Quote from: Rackjack74 on February 24, 2019, 01:11:38 pm
Rattler is correct. The 2018 district was at Bigelow and the regional was at Magazine.

Played Pangburn in District finals.
Played JC Westside in Regional finals. IIRC

STATGUYQHS

February 24, 2019, 01:22:10 pm #120 Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 01:30:37 pm by STATGUYQHS
Quote from: Rackjack74 on February 24, 2019, 01:11:38 pm
[/quoteThanks got confused but you got my point. I updated my mistake.

LeftyWorld

Statguy you need to read and fully comprehend before you respond. I was stating what being visitors in your home gym could do. Also stated it could be a good thing and a bad thing dependent on what type of team you have. Some can handle that curve ball, some respond well to it and play better, some play worse. I never once said anything about Quitman girls team. I was more interested in the boys game anyway. And the fact Quitman being home made the England side hard to find a seat. I said that once post season hits all teams should go by the bracket. But it's not a AAA rule for some reason so until then I guess it's the coaches call. Now please fully read before you start putting words in people's mouth.

Sportsfan77

Bigelow coaches are the ones who suggested Quitman keep their locker room and bench.  Then brought dark uniforms and said y'all be white and be home on scoreboard to limit confusion.   Officials agreed or it wouldn't of been allowed

LeftyWorld

Makes sense. And since there is no rule against it as long as the coaches agree and officials then it'll happen and legally so. By the way Quitman, y'all did a very nice job hosting the tournament. Hoping State is just as nice.

Sportsfan77

I also sat near WCC bench and I thought he was way over the line with his players.  I didn't hear all of the same names being called that were mentioned on here, but there was certainly derogatory name calling. All coaching styles are different and apparently his school doesn't have a problem with it, but if I were his administrator we would certainly be having a conversation of how to be a role model to his players. 

Sportsfan77

Quote from: LeftyWorld on February 24, 2019, 05:03:54 pm
Makes sense. And since there is no rule against it as long as the coaches agree and officials then it'll happen and legally so. By the way Quitman, y'all did a very nice job hosting the tournament. Hoping State is just as nice.

Thank you! Quitman staff and community work hard to make sure it's nice!  Now on to state....Good luck to your teams!

Ctucker

Quote from: Sportsfan77 on February 24, 2019, 05:41:06 pm
I also sat near WCC bench and I thought he was way over the line with his players.  I didn't hear all of the same names being called that were mentioned on here, but there was certainly derogatory name calling. All coaching styles are different and apparently his school doesn't have a problem with it, but if I were his administrator we would certainly be having a conversation of how to be a role model to his players.
ok guess maybe he did but I can tell you them kids seem to love him and I know he cares about them so really don't know what to tell you but like you said a lot of coaches have different style some coaches let their kids throw balls of other kids face on purpose  and there ok with it!

Sportsfan77

I believe there is a difference in student athletes behavior that should be and was addressed by the coach.  It is a schools responsibility to monitor the behavior of their employees including coaches. I would hate to think a teacher is allowed to call names like that in a classroom!  I'm not a school administrator, but that's just good business;)

Ctucker

Quote from: Sportsfan77 on February 24, 2019, 06:20:01 pm
I believe there is a difference in student athletes behavior that should be and was addressed by the coach.  It is a schools responsibility to monitor the behavior of their employees including coaches. I would hate to think a teacher is allowed to call names like that in a classroom!  I'm not a school administrator, but that's just good business;)
addresses he put him right back in the game my coach in school would have not let you see the court again until u ran enough he was sure you would not do that ever again and I can assure you it would have been a couple of games you would not have played that same quarter!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas