• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A conferences

Started by hornetfan8, December 12, 2018, 09:18:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hornetfan8

I know a couple years ago the conferences changed but Ive forgotten who is where now. someone mind posting the baseball conferences?

i40traveler

2A-1
Ark Arts Academy
Cotter
Decatur
Eureka Springs
Flippin
Haas Hall-Bentonville
Haas Hall-Fayetteville
Yellville-Summitt

2A-3
Bay
Buffalo Island Central
Marmaduke
Melbourne
Rector
Riverside
Salem
Sloan Hendrix

2A-6
Barton
Clarendon
Cross County
Earle
East Poinsett Co.
Kipp-Delta
Lee County
Marked Tree
McCrory

2A-5 North
Conway Christian
Des Arc
Nemo Vista
Pangburn
Quitman
Southside-Bee Branch
St. Joseph
White Co. Central

2A-5 South
Bigelow
Carlisle
Cutter Morning Star
England
Hazen
Magnet Cove
Maumelle Charter
Poyen

2A-4
Danville
Hackett
Hector
Lavaca
Magazine
Mountainburg
Westside-Johnson Co

2A-7
Acorn
Cossatot River
Dierks
Foreman
Gurdon
Horatio
Mt. Ida
Murfreesboro

2A-8
Bearden
Fordyce
Hampton
Harmony Grove-Camden
Junction City
Lafayette Co.
Parkers Chapel
Spring Hill
Woodlawn

i40traveler

YSpanther

Quote from: i40traveler on February 12, 2019, 10:54:11 am
2A-8 is BRUTAL
On the flipside, it looks like only 4 schools will even field a baseball team in the 1.  Arts Academy and Haas Hall Bentonville didn't even field a conference team in basketball, Haas Hall Fayetteville appears to only be playing basketball and Eureka is too busy dominating in basketball and track to field a team for the last couple of years.  Yay, all of us get to go to regionals.  ;D

Katdaddy

Yes the 8 is by far the toughest. I figure the State Champion will come from that conference.

i40traveler

2018's 1A, 2A, and 3A state champions are all in the same region, no?

baseball2012

No, Junction was upset in the regional I believe.

i40traveler

Quote from: baseball2012 on February 12, 2019, 12:12:08 pm
No, Junction was upset in the regional I believe.

Horatio will be the in that region, weren't they 3A champs or am I wrong

Eagle076

Don't know if 2A-8 will be tops. 2A-5 North may surprise you.

i40traveler

Quote from: Eagle076 on February 12, 2019, 05:28:36 pm
Don't know if 2A-8 will be tops. 2A-5 North may surprise you.

I figure they will be the 2nd best. But CC chokes every year, Bee Branch has to get a but better to top Wooldawn. Everyone else probably is so so.

Katdaddy

There will be a good team not make the state tournament out of that south region.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

i40traveler

baseball2012

Quote from: i40traveler on February 12, 2019, 12:15:23 pm
Horatio will be the in that region, weren't they 3A champs or am I wrong
You may be right, I misread your statement. 

baseball2012

Horatio was the runner up to Harding Academy.

Eagle076

Gotta agree with Pick. Des Arc for the Title.  Got a lot of talent that is at their peak.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: i40traveler on February 13, 2019, 10:04:27 am
DA is probably 3rd in their own league

doubtful, return all but one from last year and from what I hear, they added a key pitcher.

i40traveler

Still dont think they will beat CC or bee branch. Let alone JC, PC, or Woodlawn for state.

PUDGEMVP99

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on February 13, 2019, 03:17:43 pm
doubtful, return all but one from last year and from what I hear, they added a key pitcher.

Des Arc won't make it outta their conference for a regional....

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: PUDGEMVP99 on February 13, 2019, 04:13:08 pm
Des Arc won't make it outta their conference for a regional....

Cool. Can you look into your crystal ball and give out the Powerball numbers?

MUSTANGSALLY23

Quote from: i40traveler on February 13, 2019, 03:33:32 pm
Still dont think they will beat CC or bee branch. Let alone JC, PC, or Woodlawn for state.

Sally here from down the road!!!

I am going to say that Des Arc will win a state title!! PC lost a great hitter I hear (Freshman move out to Eldo) , JC will be suspended for using players from LA..... Woodlawn lost their studs. DA will have a cake walk...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MUSTANGSALLY23 on February 14, 2019, 02:18:00 pm

I am going to say that Des Arc will win a state title!! PC lost a great hitter I hear (Freshman move out to Eldo) , JC will be suspended for using players from LA..... Woodlawn lost their studs. DA will have a cake walk...

Easy now, nobody expects a cakewalk. Lol

PUDGEMVP99

Quote from: MUSTANGSALLY23 on February 14, 2019, 02:18:00 pm

LOL

MUSTANGSALLY23

Quote from: PUDGEMVP99 on February 15, 2019, 08:05:07 am
LOL

Nothing funny about that prediction!! I hear those Green Eagles can swing a bat and run realllllllllll gooooodddd

Cheek

England should make a run this year. 

NEArkSportsFan

If Bay plays to their full potential, they could be a tough team to beat come playoff times. Very talented and experienced team, with a lot of depth at the pitching spot.

Gravelbar

Quote from: NEArkSportsFan on March 02, 2019, 06:33:10 pm
If Bay plays to their full potential, they could be a tough team to beat come playoff times. Very talented and experienced team, with a lot of depth at the pitching spot.
Didn't Melbourne put a loss on them already last week?

NEArkSportsFan

March 04, 2019, 04:27:41 pm #29 Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 05:22:32 pm by NEArkSportsFan
Quote from: Gravelbar on March 03, 2019, 09:28:31 am
Didn't Melbourne put a loss on them already last week?

Yep, they did.

Greyhound#1

Better watch out for Salem.  Young and loaded. 

Mustang_4

BIC IS young but pretty talented. Off to a 4-1 start and 2-0 in conference with a surprising win over Melbourne.

Bobby123

Who the best 2a player

birddawg1986

Dont think that they are any teams in NEA to make a run at state title. All 4 from N will not be very good

Bobby123

Who is the best player in class 2a baseball

i40traveler

Probably whoever is the best player in the south region

Bobby123

I looked at stats on maxpreps and the best player in 2a by stats is Andrew Pitts of Melbourne.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

southside bee branch has a player with an offer from the hogs as a 9th grader.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: birddawg1986 on March 23, 2019, 06:06:31 pm
Dont think that they are any teams in NEA to make a run at state title. All 4 from N will not be very good

You better rethink that.  Salem is legit.  Undefeated in conference.  Salem Jr class is loaded with talent.

i40traveler

There is always a real good "contender" from that area that gets smashed r1 of state

TruthHurts

If you get a chance to watch Andrew Pitts work on the mound its worth your time.

YSpanther

Quote from: TruthHurts on April 02, 2019, 11:12:57 am
If you get a chance to watch Andrew Pitts work on the mound its worth your time.
The problem is when he gets to his 85 or 110 pitches, if they are in a dogfight against a Salem or good team, the supporting bullpen is not good enough to carry them over.  But in our districts last year at the 3A level, he shut YS right down.  They didn't do so well the next day because they had already used up their ace and didn't have much past that.  But he is a very good pitcher at this level.  And not that big of a kid, physically speaking.

birddawg1986

To McCrory peeps... Anything true about rumors of McCrory baseball having to forfeit ALL games up to this point because of illegal player?

Mactown on Top

big E

From what I was told the kids in question haven't even seen the field in a varsity game any truth to that? If so I dont understand why they have to forfeit.

MUSTANGSALLY23

Quote from: big E on April 11, 2019, 02:48:24 pm
From what I was told the kids in question haven't even seen the field in a varsity game any truth to that? If so I dont understand why they have to forfeit.

Sally here from down the road, I have a pretty close family friend that still has connections to Mac town and he said the player in question is from Wynne (Move in or school choice I dont know)  and has played in 17 Varsity games.
So I am not sure what to believe here at this point?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas