• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Championship Junction City Vs Hazen

Started by Monsta, December 01, 2018, 08:33:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will be crowned the best in 2A

Hazen Hornets
81 (57%)
Junction City Dragons
61 (43%)

Total Members Voted: 142

Voting closed: December 06, 2018, 09:26:22 pm

Monsta

Pick_DA_EAGLES

hornetfan8

Monsta

Will be tough but I have the guys in purple by 10

Outloud

Gonna be a purple flood next week!!! Just hope the purple from up here around I-40 is the winning color!!

Monsta

That trophy coming down 167 South next week, good feeling it won't be runner up

HG Hornet

I think Hazen is gonna get their revenge next weekend.

amehr36

In something of a rarity. I am not willing to just blindly say JC will win. I need time to regulate my thoughts on this one.

cuz

IdaLions

Two very great teams playing, but i'll have to lean towards Hazen. Their defense is the best in the state in my opinion. Defense wins championships

who-knew

I'm a homer, so I gotta go with the Hornets in heck of a game and that Purple Haze Defense is the difference maker in this one. IMO

Dragon I

December 01, 2018, 09:12:54 pm #11 Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 07:34:01 am by Dragon I
Pick will tell you.  This will be the 1st legit offense they've faced.  They stop JC, they definitely earned it.  I'm figuring a game with both teams in the 20 to 30's.

Monsta

PC fan

Bulldogfan101

I have to go with the Hornets. After watching both teams against Hampton. Hazen impressed me more but it should be a great game!

hornetfan8

Hornet4ever

Dragon I

Obviously the homers are going to pick their own in these polls, but I'm surprised at the number of neutral fans picking against JC.  I could definitely see Hazen winning.  They look like a well oiled machine right now.  But I still thought it would be more split than it seems to be currently.

Monsta

Even though I'm biased, I can honestly say this game will a toss up and the team who wants it the most will win it

M.I. D

Haven't seen JC in person but the two best teams are playing! Hazen is really good on both sides. They have the tools. JC is always good. Outta be a slug fest!

Partsman

Quote from: hornetfan8 on December 01, 2018, 08:35:11 pm
This is gonna be one heck of a game.
This is gonna be one heck of a thread too. Ha

amehr36

If I had never seen either team I'd go JC based of experience and history. So for neutral fans to pick Hazen it tells me they are prob picking cause they "want" Hazen (for whatever slew of reasons there is). I honestly can't make an informed decision other than to say Hazen hasn't seen an O like junction and junction hasn't seen a D like that other than maybe Haynesville. So in pure homer fashion I'll say Junction wins but not saying by how much yet.

cuz

December 01, 2018, 10:10:51 pm #22 Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 10:12:23 pm by cuz
Quote from: Dragon I on December 01, 2018, 09:56:07 pm
Obviously the homers are going to pick their own in these polls, but I'm surprised at the number of neutral fans picking against JC.  I could definitely see Hazen winning.  They look like a well oiled machine right now.  But I still thought it would be more split than it seems to be currently.
I think it goes back to the Hampton game. JC won't get psyched out the way Hampton did. There won't be no 500 yds of PF's either. They're legit but we won't have the variables that Hampton had. Looking forward to a good game.....

CaptainSwarm25

Swarm squad by 2 tds. A little revenge for that 2014 game!!

whoknows

Dragon I

Quote from: Monsta on December 01, 2018, 10:00:28 pm
Even though I'm biased, I can honestly say this game will a toss up and the team who wants it the most will win it

I've never understood this saying.  You know every kid that steps on that field next week wants to win.  Sometimes, no matter how bad you want something, the ball doesn't bounce your way.  Sometimes, no matter how bad you want to win, the other team is just that much more talented or better coached.  One lucky bounce on a punt or KO, or any fluke play could be the difference next week.  That doesn't mean any team wanted it any more or less.  Not at this point in the season.

dragondad

I had tonight's game JC 31 - Foreman 20

Its gonna take me some time tomorrow to do my redneck cyphering before I make a prediction on this one.  I think both teams will see the best on both sides of the ball that they've  seen all year.... could be an extremely close game.

panther07

Quote from: Monsta on December 01, 2018, 10:00:28 pm

Goodness that's bad. Don't you think both teams want to win? It's the state finals. Has absolutely nothing to do with the outcome here. None. Whoever executes better wins. Not who wants it more.

Wilson

I'm not making a pick yet. . . give me a few days. . .I will say this if people are picking based on how both teams played  Hampton and those games outcome. . .that could be some fools gold they are looking at. . .cause I saw JC against Hampton live and also over the last 3 games. . and JC is playing heads and shoulders better right now than they were back when they played Hampton. . like watching 2 different teams

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I'm basing off seeing both teams in person. J.c. is deeper, but hazen is better at skill positions and l.b., line is a toss up. Hazen in a close one.

bigworm

Quote from: panther07 on December 01, 2018, 11:13:27 pm
Goodness that's bad. Don't you think both teams want to win? It's the state finals. Has absolutely nothing to do with the outcome here. None. Whoever executes better wins. Not who wants it more.

Exactly! I think i have witnessed teams lose that may have wanted it too much. Defenses that run themselves out of position by trying too hard instead of simply doing their part. It will come down to execution.

cuz

Quote from: bigworm on December 01, 2018, 11:25:38 pm
Exactly! I think i have witnessed teams lose that may have wanted it too much. Defenses that run themselves out of position by trying too hard instead of simply doing their part. It will come down to execution.
Tonights game against Foreman was picture book execution on both sides of the ball. You're possibly right turnovers could very well determine the outcome....

Dragon I

TO's and penalties when teams are this even.

bleudog

December 02, 2018, 01:23:26 am #33 Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 01:25:03 am by bleudog
LaLaLand doesn't have their "official" projection up yet, but they do have tonight's scores loaded and here's their project a matchup:

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2018] Junction City (AR) 28, [2018] Hazen (AR) 26

BO_KNOWS

I'll pick jc only because hazen has a trash fan base. I'll go with class over trash 35-20

Eslim03

I will say this, the junction team that came to foreman tonight will beat Hazen. It's just my opinion but that team is way better than the anything the 6 has to offer.

whoknows

Quote from: BO_KNOWS on December 02, 2018, 02:51:00 am
I'll pick jc only because hazen has a trash fan base. I'll go with class over trash 35-20

Stick around and you'll see the real JC 😎🤔...

Just kidding I was on the JC sideline during the Foreman game...I talked to a few JC fans...they were very classy and complementary of Foreman...was impressed with their away game crowd...

Old Scrapper

Quote from: BO_KNOWS on December 02, 2018, 02:51:00 am
LOL, 🍺 great comment from JC's little brother

who-knew

Quote from: Old Scrapper on December 02, 2018, 06:25:55 am
LOL, 🍺 great comment from JC's little brother
He must still be especially upset over that loss

Old Scrapper

Quote from: who-knew on December 02, 2018, 06:54:18 am
He must still be especially upset over that loss
I figured the sting would've eased up by now!

who-knew

bulldawg2016

Hazen is too good defensively! JC will bust some long ones on them but I don't think it will be enough!! Hornets win by a couple scores!

amehr36

For all the people saying Hazen by a couple scores, are you meaning like 42-28 or 21-7 or what?  Just curious.

who-knew

Quote from: amehr36 on December 02, 2018, 07:33:36 am
For all the people saying Hazen by a couple scores, are you meaning like 42-28 or 21-7 or what?  Just curious.
I don't see this being a couple score game and I'm a homer for Hazen.

Outloud

I guess Bo done started with the name calling!! Didn't a thread get locked when that started last week? Bo don't know diddly crap should be his name!!!!

mr.gametime

After watching both teams play a couple times...i will have to go with Hazen this is probably the 1st ever or 1st time in a while that J.city has went into a 2A championship game and wasn't the more talented team.

Wantobe

I haven't watched Hazen live but based on their scores, they've got a really good team. I know their offense is strong, so I look for them to see the end zone multiple times.
After watching JC' s huge O line and the speed of their backs against Foreman, it would be hard to imagine any 2A team keeping them out of the end zone. Foreman had a defense that held 5 shutouts and never allowed more than 14 points in regular season game and JC's offense ran right through them. One of the dragons press box crew told me that they had over 60 TD drives this year that took less than 1 minute off the clock.
My prediction is that it could go either way but I look for a game ending score in the 50's, possibly both teams exceeding 60 points. Just my opinion.
Good luck to both of these great teams.

who-knew

Neither team will reach 50 pt and doubt you could combine both scores and get 50

ISU7

Quote from: dragondad on December 01, 2018, 10:34:31 pm
I had tonight's game JC 31 - Foreman 20

Its gonna take me some time tomorrow to do my redneck cyphering before I make a prediction on this one.  I think both teams will see the best on both sides of the ball that they've  seen all year.... could be an extremely close game.
Good luck too yall  dragondad

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas