• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

11/30 Scores

Started by BasketballNeverStops, November 30, 2018, 04:17:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BasketballNeverStops

Post them here. Marquee matchups include MVE at West Side and Concord at Rural Special in more 1A-5 Conference battles.

HorseFeathers

Wonderview girls at Two Rivers tonight as well....

Oxford Cat

Izard County 15
Pine Bluff 15
After 1

Oxford Cat

Izard County 32
Pine Bluff 25
Halftime

Cooper with 25

Oxford Cat

Izard County 49
Pine Bluff 36
After 3

cannon

Oxford Cat

Izard County 56
Pine Bluff 47
Final

Ctucker

game_day

Flobbito

baller334

Quote from: Oxford Cat on November 30, 2018, 07:02:52 pm
Izard County 56
Pine Bluff 47
Final

ICC looked good again tonight!! That was a nice win!!

Oxford Cat

Justus Cooper had 36 points and 25 rebs in the win tonight. Great overall team effort to beat a good Pine Bluff team.

arstatechamp13

Anybody know what's going on in Fox tonight?

Flobbito

I just read on another thread that concord beat them.

arstatechamp13

Yeah Flob I posted that cause that's what I heard here at Westside

Motownsportsfan

WV girls beat Two Rivers 51 to 36

hogheaven11

SG Final
Mammoth Spring-50
Armorel-32

SB Final
Mammoth Spring-72
Armorel-34

HorseFeathers

Girls
Concord 68 Rural Special 64

seen post on Twitter....Lady Pirates had 2 score 20+ tonight...

Fleaflicker

Guy 61
Shirley 50

Jesus what is Stump doing? Looks like Brown left for a reason that wasn't JUST Administration. He avoided this train wreck!

Bears_94

December 01, 2018, 08:37:17 am #19 Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 08:42:06 am by Bears_94
Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 30, 2018, 11:05:52 pm
Girls
Concord 68 Rural Special 64

seen post on Twitter....Lady Pirates had 2 score 20+ tonight...

I am surprised Concord won at Rural,  you play 8 there most of the time. The refs tend to miss a good game.

SportsFan5

Senior boys
Timbo 63
Sacred Heart 60

YSpanther

Quote from: Bears_94 on December 01, 2018, 08:37:17 am
I am surprised Concord won at Rural,  you play 8 there most of the time. The refs tend to miss a good game.
Got a taste of that last night at Deer.  ;)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: YSpanther on December 01, 2018, 12:28:01 pm
Got a taste of that last night at Deer.  ;)

Last game I watched at Deer got rougher than some football games I go to

Jawalpole

Red Devils of Mountain Pine fall to jesseville 53-65

YSpanther

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 01, 2018, 09:03:53 pm
Last game I watched at Deer got rougher than some football games I go to
Last night Deer 53  YS 51, since this is a score thread.  As of right now YS is 2-1 in the 1A 1, having played Jasper, Alpena and Deer.  Deer returns to Yellville in a few weeks.  Caden Young single-handedly won that game with his scoring.  Hats off to him. Lots of swallowed whistles on inside plays, with a lot of contact.

riccoar

Girls

GF Westside     59
Heber Springs  41

BasketballNeverStops

Boys
West Side-77
Heber Springs-73

Travis Gentry (WS): 33
Brenton Knapp (WS): 21
Adam Martin (HS): 29
Malachi Miller (HS): 14

This West Side team is shaping up to be something special. They are still learning but have such a high ceiling. Freshmen Twin Towers account for 55 of 77 total points.

HorseFeathers

West side girls by a lot over Timbo
Timbo 58-41 in the boys games

Are the Gammil boys Brothers for timbo? They combined for 45 pts and 25 boards tonight...

ballmember

Yes. Senior and sophomore

Sports Loser

I'm sure the refs were awful!   Those brothers are both pretty good.  I've watched them multiple times.  I didn't get to see any games tonight but wanted to see that one

Bigleague

Yes. Refs were awful it's pretty much public knowledge that WS always plays vs 8 at WS    Hehe

ballmember

Watched game livestream. And didn't really notice refs.

Bigleague

HorseFeathers

Wonderviee sweeps Guy

Girls won by 10ish
Boys by 30 or so....

riccoar

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 14, 2018, 08:20:53 pm
West side girls by a lot over Timbo
Timbo 58-41 in the boys games

Are the Gammil boys Brothers for timbo? They combined for 45 pts and 25 boards tonight...
Yes. The younger of the two shoots flat footed using only his body from the chest up.  But deadly accurate.  Unguarded, his 3's are more guaranteed than Larry Bird from the free throw line.  Timbo has a strong senior point guard, very smart, coupled with the older Gammil they are better than just pretty good.  Refs swallowed the whistle for most of the first 3 quarters, and rightfully so, so Knapp and Gammil could bang.  Once the younger Gammil had banged out four straight 3's the 4th was just played to get the game over wth.

Sports Loser

Always something to do with the refs!  Can't leave them out of it

ballmember

BigLeague---I noticed that Timbo shoots the 3 well; also smart and patient.  Westside has some promising young players and I really noticed I watched the game instead of yelling at officials. Which was good for me.

HorseFeathers

Not often does a team at any level start 3 freshman....

the Younger Gammil(Kolton I believe?) attempted 14 3's...that PG is good, I'm guessing he had something of an off night? Cause he came out firing at will before getting reigned in...

I thought the refs done a good job letting the game go....They called the obvious stuff, and the stayed out of the way...

riccoar

Quote from: Sports Loser on December 15, 2018, 06:55:27 pm
Always something to do with the refs!  Can't leave them out of it
Consistentcy matters. Timbo was losing in the call count 6 to 1. Still winning. Timbo was in no way really in a nail biter. The calls were like that from them just letting them play. They really weren't calling contact unless hard or just utterly unavoidable. I'll never know why when the calls pile up that lopsided, the refs start blowing any thing they can to close the call gap. Timbo was in no danger. That stupid crap of trying to make the calls even got in the way of a good hard game. Timbo will make it to State. They are good.

riccoar

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 15, 2018, 08:27:49 pm
Not often does a team at any level start 3 freshman....

the Younger Gammil(Kolton I believe?) attempted 14 3's...that PG is good, I'm guessing he had something of an off night? Cause he came out firing at will before getting reigned in...

I thought the refs done a good job letting the game go....They called the obvious stuff, and the stayed out of the way...
The younger Gammil took a 8-10 point lead into put in the subs territory.

SackAttack

Quote from: riccoar on December 15, 2018, 10:12:23 pm
Consistentcy matters. Timbo was losing in the call count 6 to 1. Still winning. Timbo was in no way really in a nail biter. The calls were like that from them just letting them play. They really weren't calling contact unless hard or just utterly unavoidable. I'll never know why when the calls pile up that lopsided, the refs start blowing any thing they can to close the call gap. Timbo was in no danger. That stupid crap of trying to make the calls even got in the way of a good hard game. Timbo will make it to State. They are good.
Yep I hope they ride this once a hundred year team to state! I caught that junior high team recently yeeeessshhhhh! Back to reality soon Sack says

YSpanther

Congratulations to Timbo this year, but I was a bit surprised by their success.  We played them last year and they were pretty decent, but nothing like they are turning in this year. Kolton Gammill is supposedly a sophomore, not a 9th grader. I assume maybe you were talking about last year, after junior high shut down and 9th grade can move up?  Because I don't think 9th graders are normally eligible unless there is an age issue like being held back and they couldn't play their senior year. But a good sophomore class can make a huge difference for a team from one year to the next. Can be the pieces that were missing before.

Oxford Cat

Quote from: SackAttack on December 15, 2018, 10:35:21 pm
Yep I hope they ride this once a hundred year team to state! I caught that junior high team recently yeeeessshhhhh! Back to reality soon Sack says
Sounds like sour grapes. Reality is Timbo's been a higher seed than GFWS for a couple of years now.  If we're talking Jr. High basketball there is a forum for that.

Bears_94

Quote from: Oxford Cat on December 16, 2018, 12:01:53 am
Sounds like sour grapes. Reality is Timbo's been a higher seed than GFWS for a couple of years now.  If we're talking Jr. High basketball there is a forum for that.
I wasn't impressed with Timbo. I think that will show when they play a good team. I believe Izard would take them by at least 30.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: riccoar on December 15, 2018, 10:12:23 pm

Timbo was also playing a more physical game....

riccoar

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 16, 2018, 10:54:48 am
Timbo was also playing a more physical game....
Yes, I would agree.  The problem is the foul count is displayed on the scoreboard.  If you watch the refs, you will see them consistently peeking up there and looking.  And some coaches will point out the disparity of calls when it happens.  The foul disparity Friday night was from exactly what you pointed out.  And to me, that's how it should be in a game like that.  Simply call a game loose or call it tight, but call it consistently regardless of whether one team has more fouls at a given time or not.  The older Gammil, IMHO, would be a hard target to try and pick to get into foul trouble.  Plays hard nosed, but very smart around the basket.

Oxford Cat

Sports Illustrated actually did a study a few years ago that said foul disparity affected officials more than any other factor. Other factors were home court advantage, score differential, etc.  Officials do notice it and try to even it out.

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: riccoar on December 16, 2018, 04:22:01 pm
Yes, I would agree.  The problem is the foul count is displayed on the scoreboard.  If you watch the refs, you will see them consistently peeking up there and looking.  And some coaches will point out the disparity of calls when it happens.  The foul disparity Friday night was from exactly what you pointed out.  And to me, that's how it should be in a game like that.  Simply call a game loose or call it tight, but call it consistently regardless of whether one team has more fouls at a given time or not.  The older Gammil, IMHO, would be a hard target to try and pick to get into foul trouble.  Plays hard nosed, but very smart around the basket.
He fouled out against Wonderview last week. But not before he dominated the game. I thought WV was gonna pull it out in the 4th when they came back and took the lead but the Timbo guard hit back to back deep threes. Daggers

riccoar

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on December 17, 2018, 01:44:38 pm
He fouled out against Wonderview last week. But not before he dominated the game. I thought WV was gonna pull it out in the 4th when they came back and took the lead but the Timbo guard hit back to back deep threes. Daggers
He and Knapp went at it pretty good, though the older Gammil was much more poised and showed in points.  The daggers were probably from his brother.  How he shoots from the shoulders is quick, accurate, and deadly.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas