• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Semi-final picks/talk

Started by Warriors023, November 24, 2018, 01:02:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Warriors023

Post your picks and small talk about this weeks matchups

501Arkansas

Osceola over rison in a close game
Booneville over Prescott in a close one

ISU7

Bearcatdad

CURLEYWOLF24

elmerfudd

BAMA#16

Booneville over Prescott, should be a classic!!
Rison over Osceola, another good game.

CatPride

IMO, you definitely have the best 4 teams in the state left.
Booneville
Osceola

Clara Allen

IMO- Prescott
        Osceola

CoachWhite

High Voltage

Linebacker

Prescott over Booneville by 7 points.
Rison over Osceola by 7 points.

LJ1985

Should be two very good games.  Going to take Booneville by 12 and Rison by 8.

Warriors023

I've been doing some research, and I would LOVE see Booneville's Coach play his almamater in WMS

elmerfudd

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 24, 2018, 08:24:10 pm
I've been doing some research, and I would LOVE see Booneville's Coach play his almamater in WMS

That would be fun to see. I was hoping to see him coach against his former school, McGehee, as well.

bootsie84

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 24, 2018, 08:24:10 pm
Scott's alma mater is actually White Hall. However, his father, uncles, multiple cousins and two younger siblings were all Rison grads. His father moved the family back to Rison after Scott graduated from White Hall and his little brother played on the '90 championship team that stopped Barton's 63-game streak. So yeah, it's like he's from Rison.

Skip Baymore

Should be a great semis.  Probably the best 4 teams left and each playing the best team its seen all year.  Im gonna say Rison against the winner of Booneville/Prescott (best I can do at this point).

HG Hornet

Booneville beats Rison in two weeks.

ISU7

Quote from: CHG Hornet on November 24, 2018, 11:10:24 pm
Booneville beats Rison in two weeks.
Do you think Rison can play with Osceola?

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on November 24, 2018, 11:52:04 pm
Do you think Rison can play with Osceola?
I don't see how when they haven't played no one this year lol

nastynice

It wouldn't surprise me who wins the semi games or the Championship game. All 4 could do it.

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 25, 2018, 12:09:55 am
Could be true but you play who's on your schedule. Be careful what we say.

BuckHead

MamaKitty

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 25, 2018, 12:09:55 am

Honestly everyone keeps saying this. It is not Rison's fault that we were in the alleged "weakest" conference. However two of our teams were in the quarterfinals. We've played the highest scoring offense in the state and mercy ruled them. So I certainly hope people will start seeing Rison for the team they are instead of the conference in which they play.

BuckHead

I heard Rison has Shamar Bracey kid on the team. Is that true. Bracey was legit!! I've been kind of shocked by the lack of respect for Rison. I seen post last night where Osceola said Smackover wasn't a good team at all lol so a little taste of humble pie could be coming. Keep sleeping on the teams in South Arkansas if you want. Rison will wear a team down.

teh29

November 25, 2018, 10:08:33 am #25 Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 10:12:32 am by teh29
Osceola and Prescott. . If I'm forced to pick.  My observations..  Top to bottom..  Rison is probably the fastest team left..  Booneville is probably the biggest.  Keys to the game for both is clock/ball control. For rison and Booneville to win..  The have to run the ball (which they both do very well)  and keep prescott/osceolas playmakers on the sidelines.  I pick Prescott and Osceola to win because I feel like both have enough team speed on defense to slow down the other offenses.  Either way..  Both should be great games.  And like another poster said..  Any 4 of these teams have a legit shot at taking it all..  And it wouldn't surprise anyone if any 4 did win it all.  Looking forward to 2 great games..  Safe travels to those on the road.

teh29

Also question for the Prescott fans,  I was at the osceola/prescott game last year..  Did your qb from last year graduate? #9 I believe..  But I could be wrong.  That kid is/was a game changer and a handful by himself.  If he is still on the team this year,  he alone is capable of taking over a game. 

501Arkansas

Quote from: MamaKitty on November 25, 2018, 08:52:26 am
Honestly everyone keeps saying this. It is not Rison's fault that we were in the alleged "weakest" conference. However two of our teams were in the quarterfinals. We've played the highest scoring offense in the state and mercy ruled them. So I certainly hope people will start seeing Rison for the team they are instead of the conference in which they play.
The whole schedule was weak not just conference play but that's not their fault though

KOJACK

Quote from: teh29 on November 25, 2018, 10:11:04 am
Also question for the Prescott fans,  I was at the osceola/prescott game last year..  Did your qb from last year graduate? #9 I believe..  But I could be wrong.  That kid is/was a game changer and a handful by himself.  If he is still on the team this year,  he alone is capable of taking over a game.
He's at Fayetteville now.

MamaKitty

Quote from: BuckHead on November 25, 2018, 09:30:02 am
I heard Rison has Shamar Bracey kid on the team. Is that true. Bracey was legit!! I've been kind of shocked by the lack of respect for Rison. I seen post last night where Osceola said Smackover wasn't a good team at all lol so a little taste of humble pie could be coming. Keep sleeping on the teams in South Arkansas if you want. Rison will wear a team down.

Yes it's true! Shamar's son is Jamarien Frye #11. And Jamarien is also legit.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: BAMA#16 on November 24, 2018, 08:58:42 am
Booneville over Prescott, should be a classic!!
Rison over Osceola, another good game.

Booneville / Rison would be an interesting match up.
Both the Booneville head coach and band director are from Rison, if I'm not mistaken.

CoolBreeze

November 25, 2018, 01:20:56 pm #32 Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 01:25:16 pm by CoolBreeze
Quote from: MamaKitty on November 25, 2018, 08:52:26 am
And they had the easiest route to the semis. But that's not their fault, either. They beat whoever they faced, most of them by at least comfortable margins.

And by the way, Rison wasn't in the weakest conference. That dubious honor belonged to Clinton and Harding Academy. Rison's was only the 2nd weakest.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 25, 2018, 01:20:56 pm
And they had the easiest route to the semis. But that's not their fault, either. They beat whoever they faced, most of them by at least comfortable margins.

And by the way, Rison wasn't in the weakest conference. That dubious honor belonged to Clinton and Harding Academy. Rison's was only the 2nd weakest.

It's all past history, but that weak conference has a total of 15 state championships among them.  Rison, McGehee, Barton, Dollarway... Barton and Dollarway are a little down now, but don't count on that being a long term thing.

blackandoldgold

http://calpreps.com/2018/ratings/Arkansas_leagues.htm

According to this, Rison's conference beat out 3 - 3A & 1 - 4A conferences in strength.

Glad everything is settled on the field & not by votes though as in the college game.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on November 25, 2018, 01:28:51 pm
It's all past history, but that weak conference has a total of 15 state championships among them.  Rison, McGehee, Barton, Dollarway... Barton and Dollarway are a little down now, but don't count on that being a long term thing.
Barton has been down for quite a while. Last state championship--1997; last conference championship--2003. And Dollarway's last state championship was in 1993. Just in case you haven't noticed, that was 25 years ago.

BuckHead

Quote from: MamaKitty on November 25, 2018, 11:28:27 am
Yes it's true! Shamar's son is Jamarien Frye #11. And Jamarien is also legit.
And he's only a sophomore? Wow. I remember playing Rison when they were 7AA. Always kept a good team. Osceola may have a chance if they spread them out but Rison is a team that is big and physical so they try to wear you down. That Chavis kid is a certified baller too.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 25, 2018, 01:45:58 pm
Barton has been down for quite a while. Last state championship--1997; last conference championship--2003. And Dollarway's last state championship was in 1993. Just in case you haven't noticed, that was 25 years ago.

I guess you saw the first four words of my post?
Yes, Dollarway and Barton have been down for a spell, but they have been to the Rock plenty.
Dollarway has had athletes, still does - needs a coach to get it organized and rolling again.
Barton won't fade too far into the background.

MR#1

I'm a Rison Wildcat fan. I am not a conference fan at all (made popular by the SEC, SEC, SEC, ... chants of the '90s). I respect other teams, but I don't care if we beat Lamar or Fordyce or Lake Village or Barton. And, I don't care how those teams perform in the playoffs. Again, I'm a Rison fan, not a conference fan.

Go Cats! Beat Osceola!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on November 25, 2018, 03:44:14 pm
I guess you saw the first four words of my post?
Yes, Dollarway and Barton have been down for a spell, but they have been to the Rock plenty.
Dollarway has had athletes, still does - needs a coach to get it organized and rolling again.
Barton won't fade too far into the background.
Yes, I saw those words, but the language suggested to me that they had had a few bad years, as if in rebuild mode and could be counted on to be back on top any time now. My point was that it has been a rather long down time for each and there is no greater reason to suspect that they will rise to the top than any other team with a comparable record this season.

And everybody has good athletes. The difficulty is motivating them and focusing that ability to achieve a desired result.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas