• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Osceola @ Smackover

Started by 501Arkansas, November 16, 2018, 09:42:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who you got?

Osceola
47 (58.8%)
Smackover
33 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 80

501Arkansas

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 18, 2018, 08:52:50 am
ISU some people don't understand coaching. There are people in Smackover that blame the coaches for the state championship loss for Smack a few years back on coaching.
+1 Don't understand coaching at all

Paperman

Quote from: ISU7 on November 18, 2018, 08:16:28 am
Lol really and how did you come too that conclusion. Coach Hooks has been at Osceola two years and he has a 22-4 record as of now. His first season at Osceola he was one play away from making it to the 2017 3A state finals finishing the season at 11-3 with 2 of those losses to the 2017 state finalist teams the other too a 5A playoff team.  8)
Saying Osceola doesn't have good coaching is probably the most uninformed quote someone could make.

sax2play8

Now im not saying osceola has bad coaching cause I have never seen them play, but just because you have wins doesn't mean you have good coaching. You could just have some really good athletes. In 2005 smackover went 13-1 because we had great talent all over the field. I thought the coaches were just ok that year.

ISU7

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 18, 2018, 08:52:50 am
ISU some people don't understand coaching. There are people in Smackover that blame the coaches for the state championship loss for Smack a few years back on coaching.
And the 2015 semifinal loss to Crest when they thought for sure moving the game to Eldorado would give them a speed advantage with Jones and crew. They said Crest outcoached them.😂🤣💯

ISU7

November 18, 2018, 12:44:07 pm #54 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 12:45:38 pm by ISU7
Quote from: sax2play8 on November 18, 2018, 12:15:37 pm
Now im not saying osceola has bad coaching cause I have never seen them play, but just because you have wins doesn't mean you have good coaching. You could just have some really good athletes. In 2005 smackover went 13-1 because we had great talent all over the field. I thought the coaches were just ok that year.
🤣🤣 If you haven't seen them play how do  you know about how they're being coached? Are you from the physics and friends network.  🕰🔍🕯🔮🤣🤣

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on November 18, 2018, 12:35:23 pm
And the 2015 semifinal loss to Crest when they thought for sure moving the game to Eldorado would give them a speed advantage with Jones and crew. They said Crest outcoached them.😂🤣💯
😂😂

CoolBreeze

Quote from: ISU7 on November 17, 2018, 10:51:06 pm
How accurate is calpreps predictions?
Calpreps  picked HA by 7 over Lamar.

sax2play8

Quote from: ISU7 on November 18, 2018, 12:44:07 pm
🤣🤣 If you haven't seen them play how do  you know about how they're being coached? Are you from the physics and friends network.  🕰🔍🕯🔮🤣🤣

I didnt comment about whether there coaching was good or bad. I was commenting on the arguement of there record making there coach good

ISU7

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 18, 2018, 12:52:57 pm
Calpreps  picked HA by 7 over Lamar.
Lol they are good at predictions. Rd one of the playoffs I went 53-5 on FF pick ems but this past week I went 26-10. It happens  Breeze

ISU7

Before I make my pick ems  pick on this game can anyone tell me how good is Smackover defense  do they have problems against a really good RPO quarterback  if so they might be in big trouble. 💯

Smackover Fan

Quote from: ISU7 on November 18, 2018, 02:44:07 pm
Before I make my pick ems  pick on this game can anyone tell me how good is Smackover defense  do they have problems against a really good RPO quarterback  if so they might be in big trouble. 💯

Our first test against an actually productive RPO was Danville. I think the coach will have that "weakness" sealed up. Passing a lot is a bad idea, and hoping speed alone gets it is a bad idea. Our defense is fast and loaded with playmakers. Overrunning plays has been our weakest link.

WHITEchicken

I must have missed something. When did Danville run Rpos?

teh29

The comment about Osceola coaching is very uninformed.  The year before coach Hooks got there..  Osceola went 2-8. He took the exact same team to the semifinals the following year.  He has 5 career losses at Osceola.. 2 to Rivercrest by a combined 5 points..  2 to blytheville who won the 5a east this year (later forfeited this year's game)..  And junction city in the semis last year.  I don't make bold predictions..  But Osceola has plenty of team speed all over the field.  I wont go so far as to say they are the fastest team in 3a.. But I wouldn't be surprised if they are.  They have playmakers all over the field as well.  You can't key on one player cause several of them have the ability/speed to go to the house on any touch..  They run a 3/4 wr look RPO..  The qb can get it done on the ground and in the air..  Should be a great game.  Good luck,  safe travels,  and may the better team come out on top. 

501Arkansas

Quote from: teh29 on November 18, 2018, 04:21:21 pm
The comment about Osceola coaching is very uninformed.  The year before coach Hooks got there..  Osceola went 2-8. He took the exact same team to the semifinals the following year.  He has 5 career losses at Osceola.. 2 to Rivercrest by a combined 5 points..  2 to blytheville who won the 5a east this year (later forfeited this year's game)..  And junction city in the semis last year.  I don't make bold predictions..  But Osceola has plenty of team speed all over the field.  I wont go so far as to say they are the fastest team in 3a.. But I wouldn't be surprised if they are.  They have playmakers all over the field as well.  You can't key on one player cause several of them have the ability/speed to go to the house on any touch..  They run a 3/4 wr look RPO..  The qb can get it done on the ground and in the air..  Should be a great game.  Good luck,  safe travels,  and may the better team come out on top.
+1

imtie

The noles will be most affective with the QB running. Passing a lot on Smackover will eventually bite you. For the most part they defend the pass pretty good.(every now and then they miss a read ::)) There running game if their is any will not be any good. With the exemption of the QB

501Arkansas

Quote from: imtie on November 18, 2018, 05:02:32 pm
The noles will be most affective with the QB running. Passing a lot on Smackover will eventually bite you. For the most part they defend the pass pretty good.(every now and then they miss a read ::)) There running game if their is any will not be any good. With the exemption of the QB
They won't stop Osceola passing game. They "MIGHT" slow it down just a little. Osceola won't have a problem moving the ball on smackover

imtie

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 18, 2018, 06:09:07 pm
They won't stop Osceola passing game. They "MIGHT" slow it down just a little. Osceola won't have a problem moving the ball on smackover
I agree they will move the ball with the QB running but you will be surprised on the passing, it will be slowed down

501Arkansas

Quote from: imtie on November 18, 2018, 06:37:04 pm
I agree they will move the ball with the QB running but you will be surprised on the passing, it will be slowed down
They Will move the ball either way running or passing

BuckHead

Passing on Smackover will be difficult. Prescott found that out quick. Smackover is just too athletic in the secondary to consistently do that against. I'm not saying Osceola won't be able to but no one has done it at will all year against us. #23 will not give you that much time to throw. He will be coming all night long.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 18, 2018, 07:06:34 pm
And so will the Bucks.   

On another note.  Field is in terrible shape after the rain today.  Went to the batting cages late this afternoon and went out and checked out the condition of the field.  Tried walking across it with tennis shoes on and got my feet soaking wet.  I look for Friday nights game to be in El Dorado.

501Arkansas

Quote from: BuckHead on November 18, 2018, 07:49:17 pm
Passing on Smackover will be difficult. Prescott found that out quick. Smackover is just too athletic in the secondary to consistently do that against. I'm not saying Osceola won't be able to but no one has done it at will all year against us. #23 will not give you that much time to throw. He will be coming all night long.
Sounds good

imtie

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 18, 2018, 07:06:34 pm

nope only running game you will have is the QB. your backs will not have a good night.

Warriors023

501Arkansas

Quote from: imtie on November 18, 2018, 10:39:30 pm

nope only running game you will have is the QB. your backs will not have a good night.
Lol

The Voice Seminole Nation

Osceola is a very good team all the way around.  Diagnosing Osceola's offense will be a difficult task for anyone.  Coach Hooks is very smart when it comes to running a formation or plays that has never been seen on film.  He has 1,000 different plays in numerous formations that makes it difficult to stop.  As far as playmakers go, Osceola has them everywhere.  No way you key in on one player and expect that to be the key.  He will beat you with several different players. As far as defense, Osceola is very quick and tackles very well.  Smackover has explosive players but so did Rivercrest who I compare Smackover too.  Yes Osceola lost that game 16-14 but Osceola held that explosive team to just 16 points and were still playing different players in different positions trying to find the right mix in certain positions. I see Osceola's defense playing well in this game, they will have no trouble rising to the occasion. The keys to this game for me for Osceola to have a chance to win this game is making sure that they don't turn the ball over and minimizing the penalties.  If they can do that, I feel Osceola has a chance to win this game.  It is also bitter sweet that Osceola gets their hoss and bruising middle line backer back this week from injury.  This will be a huge boost for a already dominate defense. Folks, this is what its all about in High School Football, I've always believed that to be the man, you got to beat the man, I feel Osceola will rise to the occasion this week, The Seminoles will move on to the Semi-Finals after a big win over the Buckaroos!!!!  P.S. Before I get the Smackover is a good team also, I know Smackover is a good team. Watching them on film shows that they are that good.  I just feel that Osceola is built for teams like this and we fare well against this type of team.  Good Luck to both teams but I have to go with the Seminoles in this one!!!!

501Arkansas

Quote from: The Voice Seminole Nation on November 18, 2018, 11:11:59 pm
Osceola is a very good team all the way around.  Diagnosing Osceola's offense will be a difficult task for anyone.  Coach Hooks is very smart when it comes to running a formation or plays that has never been seen on film.  He has 1,000 different plays in numerous formations that makes it difficult to stop.  As far as playmakers go, Osceola has them everywhere.  No way you key in on one player and expect that to be the key.  He will beat you with several different players. As far as defense, Osceola is very quick and tackles very well.  Smackover has explosive players but so did Rivercrest who I compare Smackover too.  Yes Osceola lost that game 16-14 but Osceola held that explosive team to just 16 points and were still playing different players in different positions trying to find the right mix in certain positions. I see Osceola's defense playing well in this game, they will have no trouble rising to the occasion. The keys to this game for me for Osceola to have a chance to win this game is making sure that they don't turn the ball over and minimizing the penalties.  If they can do that, I feel Osceola has a chance to win this game.  It is also bitter sweet that Osceola gets their hoss and bruising middle line backer back this week from injury.  This will be a huge boost for a already dominate defense. Folks, this is what its all about in High School Football, I've always believed that to be the man, you got to beat the man, I feel Osceola will rise to the occasion this week, The Seminoles will move on to the Semi-Finals after a big win over the Buckaroos!!!!  P.S. Before I get the Smackover is a good team also, I know Smackover is a good team. Watching them on film shows that they are that good.  I just feel that Osceola is built for teams like this and we fare well against this type of team.  Good Luck to both teams but I have to go with the Seminoles in this one!!!!
+100 you couldn't have said it any better. Noles have too many weapons on both sides of the ball. Noles will be tough to beat

Headhunter15

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 18, 2018, 11:16:44 pm
+100 you couldn't have said it any better. Noles have too many weapons on both sides of the ball. Noles will be tough to beat

And Smackover doesn't have any "weapons" or something? Somebody explain to me lol

501Arkansas

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 18, 2018, 11:57:36 pm
And Smackover doesn't have any "weapons" or something? Somebody explain to me lol
I never said they didn't

Headhunter15

neutral field
[2018] Smackover (AR) 40, [2018] Osceola (AR) 31

Calpreps takes the buckaroos at a neutral site by 9

Common opponent in Fouke where Osceola won 62-7 and the bucks won 49-0

Notable win for Osceola is against the Newport greyhounds

Notable wins for Smackover are foreman, junction city, Prescott, And Camden harmony grove.

Bucks have beat 2 top 3 teams in 2A and went to Prescott and stole a victory and played a close game with a very good CHG team who went to glen rose and upset the beavers.
I'm taking Smackover by 12 in a high scoring game. The bucks defense will have to get some turnovers to win this game.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Headhunter15 on November 19, 2018, 12:12:59 am
neutral field
[2018] Smackover (AR) 40, [2018] Osceola (AR) 31

Calpreps takes the buckaroos at a neutral site by 9

Common opponent in Fouke where Osceola won 62-7 and the bucks won 49-0

Notable win for Osceola is against the Newport greyhounds

Notable wins for Smackover are foreman, junction city, Prescott, And Camden harmony grove.

Bucks have beat 2 top 3 teams in 2A and went to Prescott and stole a victory and played a close game with a very good CHG team who went to glen rose and upset the beavers.
I'm taking Smackover by 12 in a high scoring game. The bucks defense will have to get some turnovers to win this game.
Sounds good

xadboy

1,000 different plays? Hate to carry that playbook around. How long do you practice to be able to learn that many plays? 7 or 8 hours each day maybe?

Jimbo Morphis

Why is it bittersweet to get your hose back? Also Smackover is not the man yet.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: ISU7 on November 18, 2018, 02:44:07 pm
Prescott's QB was having his way with us the first half of the game.  Defense tightened up a little bit the second half.  But if we hadn't knocked him out of the game, we probably would have lost by at least two touchdowns.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 19, 2018, 06:31:54 am
Prescott's QB was having his way with us the first half of the game.  Defense tightened up a little bit the second half.  But if we hadn't knocked him out of the game, we probably would have lost by at least two touchdowns.
+1 Now let's move on, good luck Friday against the Noles.

ISU7

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 19, 2018, 06:31:54 am
hmmmm sounds like I maybe going with the Noles. Thanks for the info.

ISU7

November 19, 2018, 07:25:46 am #85 Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 07:30:57 am by ISU7
All those weapons on offense the Colts held them to 14 points 9-zip at the half @ Osceola  ;D hmmmm Colts defense must be tough .Just  messing with you Mr Voice. Good luck to yall Friday night in Eldo.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ISU7 on November 19, 2018, 07:25:46 am
All those weapons on offense the Colts held them to 14 points 9-zip at the half @ Osceola  ;D hmmmm Colts defense must be tough .Just  messing with you Mr Voice. Good luck to yall Friday night in Eldo.
Rivercrest is 4A, there is a board for 4a.

ISU7

Quote from: Oldman on November 19, 2018, 08:24:20 am
Rivercrest is 4A, there is a board for 4a.
Lol you sound happy they are  ;D.  Crest was brought up in a post on here by a 3A team poster that I happen to know. I've seen you post on the 4A forum, plus  Crest is the defending 2017 3A state champs until this season is over so they are allowed on the 3A forum until... ;D ;D

The Voice Seminole Nation

Quote from: Oldman on November 19, 2018, 06:29:45 am
Why is it bittersweet to get your hose back? Also Smackover is not the man yet.

It's Bittersweet because this is going to make an already great defense into awesome status.  The defense just plays better when their leader is in the game.  As for Smackover not being the man, when you are the #1 Seed from your conference and a good win over a tough Prescott team, I would say that puts you in the category with the man status.  It's the best of the best now, to be the man...you have to beat the man!!!!  The Seminoles will be looking for the man this Friday night!!!

501Arkansas

Quote from: The Voice Seminole Nation on November 19, 2018, 10:11:37 am
It's Bittersweet because this is going to make an already great defense into awesome status.  The defense just plays better when their leader is in the game.  As for Smackover not being the man, when you are the #1 Seed from your conference and a good win over a tough Prescott team, I would say that puts you in the category with the man status.  It's the best of the best now, to be the man...you have to beat the man!!!!  The Seminoles will be looking for the man this Friday night!!!
+1

Horse Shoe

Quote from: The Voice Seminole Nation on November 19, 2018, 10:11:37 am
Well, as far as I'm concerned, "The Man" is coming to South Arkansas Friday Night.  I just hope the Bucks are ready for the welcoming party.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ISU7 on November 19, 2018, 08:35:20 am
Lol you sound happy they are  ;D.  Crest was brought up in a post on here by a 3A team poster that I happen to know. I've seen you post on the 4A forum, plus  Crest is the defending 2017 3A state champs until this season is over so they are allowed on the 3A forum until... ;D ;D
I post on 4a more. Fishing is better there.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 19, 2018, 10:41:51 am
Well, as far as I'm concerned, "The Man" is coming to South Arkansas Friday Night.  I just hope the Bucks are ready for the welcoming party.

Reverse physcology. I like it.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 19, 2018, 10:41:51 am
Lol yes sir I hope so also

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 17, 2018, 10:49:58 am
Supposed to rain tomorrow.  Word around here is if we get enough rain to saturate the field again, we'll be back in El Dorado.  AAA's call. The field will be good if we only get a light rain with the front coming through tomorrow.  Forecast looks good for the rest of the week.
Didn't work out to well last time makeover pulled that on a Mississippi county team. If you can play on your own field all season long in the rain, why change now. And if smackover field is that bad, as a should make them play all games away until it's updated.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 19, 2018, 11:25:00 am
Didn't work out to well last time makeover pulled that on a Mississippi county team. If you can play on your own field all season long in the rain, why change now. And if smackover field is that bad, as a should make them play all games away until it's updated.

Not pulling anything. AAA is involved in this one. Last time Smackover did that. It came out that they did it to benefit themselves with speed.

Coltfan2005

They don't want Osceola on turf...it will end poorly

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 19, 2018, 03:38:10 pm
Yeah, we've been hearing that.  I think we will probably still play the game anyway.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on November 19, 2018, 03:38:10 pm
Most in NE Arkansas prefer grass.

WHITEchicken

Grass, turf, the parking lot, it doesn't matter. The Buckaroos will be ready.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas