• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heber Springs @ Rivercrest

Started by Ghost of Colts52, November 10, 2018, 08:26:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WHO YA GOT?

Heber Springs
25 (34.7%)
Rivercrest
47 (65.3%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Ghost of Colts52

42 points??? I'm honestly not sure any 4a team can do that too the colts.

Panther101

Quote from: luxora4life on November 14, 2018, 09:21:46 pm
Here we go again.  Win or lose ,Rivercrest Defense will not give up that many point to no team in 4a.

Both teams will drive the ball and both will score. This will be a pretty high scoring game, mark my words. Big plays on both side will come into play without a doubt. It's high school football and there are always surprises. Keep your frame of mind and you'll be the one that's sitting there surprised.

bootlegger

I agree luxora,I don't think either team makes the forties.I will say more like 28 to 20 colts

501Arkansas

Here we go again.  Win or lose ,Rivercrest Defense will not give up that many point to no team in 4a.
I agree

Panther101

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 14, 2018, 10:57:25 pm
I agree

Of course y'all do! It's either your home team or your conference. Weakness will be exposed and exploited!

phdefense

Calm down Francis

Yes yes we know Rivercrest won 3A last year and you have done fairly well in a weak conference and against a 5 seed. You know who else used to be a powerhouse in 3A? Fountain Lake...Now ask them what they'eve done in 4A. Hint: the same as Rivercrest not much.

Panther101

Quote from: phdefense on November 14, 2018, 11:29:01 pm
Calm down Francis

Yes yes we know Rivercrest won 3A last year and you have done fairly well in a weak conference and against a 5 seed. You know who else used to be a powerhouse in 3A? Fountain Lake...Now ask them what they'eve done in 4A. Hint: the same as Rivercrest not much.

Now "I agree"

501Arkansas

Quote from: Panther101 on November 14, 2018, 11:21:32 pm
Of course y'all do! It's either your home team or your conference. Weakness will be exposed and exploited!
Not my home team or conference

LakeRat

Calm down Francis

I agree...

luxora4life

Calm down Francis

[/quote

It would be much easier for me to ask you what have Heber Spring done in 4a.

Kevin

HeberFan

Quote from: luxora4life on November 15, 2018, 07:53:37 am
Calm down Francis

[/quote

Your comments are not connected with reality.

Kevin

HeberFan

Quote from: Kevin on November 15, 2018, 08:22:49 am
Maybe not 20, but colts are gonna win this game

Maybe... should be a good game.  I don't know much about the Rivercrest kicker. Colts made field goals this year?

Panther101

Quote from: Kevin on November 15, 2018, 08:17:46 am
Colts by 20!

LOL I always liked a little shock and awe, especially the confused expression you will have. I'm sure at the end you'll be cheated by the refs or something. Always ends that way it seems when there is a major upset. 

HeberFan

I think this game is about who has the best FOUR quarters of football. Both teams have a history of starting flat, then, catching a spark in the second quarter. Who comes out hot Friday night?

PermaBan

Calm down Francis

Rivercrest has been in the 4a before and did well in the early 2000s. Aren't you from Stuttgart? The team claiming state championships from the 40s and 50s.

Panther101

I hear the train a comin', come Friday it'll rollin' 'round the bend into Rivercrest! Can't wait to see those panthers roll!!!

HeberFan

Quote from: Panther101 on November 15, 2018, 12:17:20 pm
I hear the train a comin', come Friday it'll rollin' 'round the bend into Rivercrest! Can't wait to see those panthers roll!!!

Johnny Cash is from Kingsland, ya' know.... between Fordyce and Rison.

Panther101

Quote from: HeberFan on November 15, 2018, 12:20:55 pm
Johnny Cash is from Kingsland, ya' know.... between Fordyce and Rison.
Yes I do, especially since that's where I was raised. Lol

HeberFan

Quote from: Panther101 on November 15, 2018, 12:22:26 pm
Yes I do, especially since that's where I was raised. Lol

That's cool.

How high's the water, mama ?

Ghost of Colts52

I just don't understand it. Rivercrest has been a force and a prestigious program at both 4a and 3a. One of the winningest programs in state history by percentage. I just don't get how every year we are complete under dogs in the playoffs. Like last year we heard it.  "Rivercrest is going to get exposed against Mayflower", "Mcgehee is just going to man handle the colts, They would've been 5th seed in our conference", "Junction City will dismantle the colts at the rock. south arkansas football is on a different level"

We've heard your stories. Make sure to get the basketballs aired up and the court waxed because Rivercrest is going to dominate HS tomorrow.

richboy

November 15, 2018, 06:23:42 pm #72 Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 06:29:05 pm by richboy
Quote from: PermaBan on November 15, 2018, 11:02:12 am
Rivercrest has been in the 4a before and did well in the early 2000s. Aren't you from Stuttgart? The team claiming state championships from the 40s and 50s.
pretty hypocritical to say that when your claiming yall did well in 4a in the early 2000s lol ... Stuttgart won state in 2012

redandgray

Heber Springs is a good team.  It should be a great 2nd round game tomorrow night.  Praying for the safety of Heber players and fans as they travel to The TEZ.

PermaBan

Quote from: richboy on November 15, 2018, 06:23:42 pm
pretty hypocritical to say that when your claiming yall did well in 4a in the early 2000s lol ... Stuttgart won state in 2012
Rivercrest won state most recently in 2010 and 2017...What's your point?I'm gonna tell it to you like this, Rivercrest would've done well in the 4a the last 10 years. You people act like Rivercrest can't field a team that can "compete" in the 4a.

ISU7

November 15, 2018, 10:40:31 pm #75 Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 10:48:49 pm by ISU7
Calm down Francis

[/quote

Good luck to both teams. Its seems like Crest is the most hated team in the state. A little  success brings that with it.

ISU7

Quote from: PermaBan on November 15, 2018, 11:02:12 am
Back when they were leather helmets 😂🤣

ISU7

Quote from: Panther101 on November 15, 2018, 09:45:51 am
LOL I always liked a little shock and awe, especially the confused expression you will have. I'm sure at the end you'll be cheated by the refs or something. Always ends that way it seems when there is a major upset.
So you call a 1 seed team one season removed from 3A losing to a 2 seed 4A school a major upset. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

phdefense

November 15, 2018, 11:25:08 pm #78 Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 11:26:53 pm by phdefense
Quote from: PermaBan on November 15, 2018, 08:20:01 pm
Rivercrest won state most recently in 2010 and 2017...What's your point?I'm gonna tell it to you like this, Rivercrest would've done well in the 4a the last 10 years. You people act like Rivercrest can't field a team that can "compete" in the 4a.
Yep Rivercrest really lit it up in 2006-2007. This year is the first year Rivercrest has looked good in the 4A since the last major classification overhaul in 2006. The Colts were strong in the 3A just like Fountain Lake was and Clinton, Harding Academy, Glen Rose, Prescott & Charleston are.  All those teams year to year can compete with good 4A teams on a game to game basis, but only Booneville has been a force in both classifications. So until you have done it you haven't. Crowing early usually results in getting to eat it.

LakeRat

November 16, 2018, 05:02:48 am #79 Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 05:04:19 am by LakeRat
Calm down Francis

You must be new here... search the 4A forum here on Fearless Friday for the Heber Springs Play Action Pass™...

bigchief72455

This thread is going to be lit in about 13-14 hours.

HeberFan

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 16, 2018, 07:53:27 am
This thread is going to be lit in about 13-14 hours.

Lit like a roman candle, then, quickly fizzle and move to the next game. Fearless Friday really gets quiet in the last few weeks of the season when so many teams are finished.  Colts vs. Panthers should be an exciting game.

bigchief72455

There are a few really good 2nd round games tonight. Warren/Arky and Nashville/Bauxite will be really good as well.

HeberFan

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 16, 2018, 07:58:44 am
There are a few really good 2nd round games tonight. Warren/Arky and Nashville/Bauxite will be really good as well.

Agreed. This is the best week of the season, by far, as traditional powerhouses meet. Next week's games might be less exciting, actually.

jjsmith

Will this game be streamed anywhere we can view?

RabAlumni

Good Luck Panthers... Rep the 2-4A tonight!

PermaBan

Quote from: phdefense on November 15, 2018, 11:25:08 pm
Yep Rivercrest really lit it up in 2006-2007. This year is the first year Rivercrest has looked good in the 4A since the last major classification overhaul in 2006. The Colts were strong in the 3A just like Fountain Lake was and Clinton, Harding Academy, Glen Rose, Prescott & Charleston are.  All those teams year to year can compete with good 4A teams on a game to game basis, but only Booneville has been a force in both classifications. So until you have done it you haven't. Crowing early usually results in getting to eat it.
Booneville got their chance to show they could play up to 4a competition because that's the classification they were put in. RC has not been given that chance since we were in 3a since 2007. RC didn't have a chance to show they can play with 4A teams, but I know they could have. Oh and 2006-2007 RC team was probably the worst team we've ever had. It happens (2013,2014,2015 Birds) man y'all really were tough those years! lol

phdefense

November 16, 2018, 01:07:18 pm #87 Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 01:11:15 pm by phdefense
Quote from: PermaBan on November 16, 2018, 12:20:26 pm
Booneville got their chance to show they could play up to 4a competition because that's the classification they were put in. RC has not been given that chance since we were in 3a since 2007. RC didn't have a chance to show they can play with 4A teams, but I know they could have. Oh and 2006-2007 RC team was probably the worst team we've ever had. It happens (2013,2014,2015 Birds) man y'all really were tough those years! lol
Rivercrest was regularly playing 4A teams during that time (mainly Gosnell) and was competitive, but not dominate. If you are on the same level as Gosnell most years you do not need to be chest thumping and acting like games against good 4A teams are a foregone conclusion. Let's talk about 2010 a year I am sure you are familiar with as it is relative to the opponent Rivercrest are facing today. Rivercrest won a 3A championship that year beating Harding Academy 14-10. Heber Springs also played and beat Harding Academy that year 28-14. Heber Springs went on to lose in the first round of the playoffs in that year. The gap between the 4A and 3A may not be huge, but there is a noticeable gap.

Oh and ask Warren(The 2014 Champion) if Stuttgart was an easy win in 2014. I remember talking to LJ06 in the press box after that game. The sentiment was definitely not that Stuttgart was an easy win.

HeberFan

Some teams in 3A can beat some teams in 4A, fair enough.

Tonight's game could be a blast! First team to 30 wins.

ISU7

Quote from: phdefense on November 16, 2018, 01:07:18 pm
Rivercrest was regularly playing 4A teams during that time (mainly Gosnell) and was competitive, but not dominate. If you are on the same level as Gosnell most years you do not need to be chest thumping and acting like games against good 4A teams are a foregone conclusion. Let's talk about 2010 a year I am sure you are familiar with as it is relative to the opponent Rivercrest are facing today. Rivercrest won a 3A championship that year beating Harding Academy 14-10. Heber Springs also played and beat Harding Academy that year 28-14. Heber Springs went on to lose in the first round of the playoffs in that year. The gap between the 4A and 3A may not be huge, but there is a noticeable gap.

Oh and ask Warren(The 2014 Champion) if Stuttgart was an easy win in 2014. I remember talking to LJ06 in the press box after that game. The sentiment was definitely not that Stuttgart was an easy win.
Didn't Gosnell beat Heber Springs in the 2nd rd of the playoffs last season.

bigchief72455

Nevermind the game. i m popping popcorn just to watch this thread.

HeberFan

Quote from: ISU7 on November 16, 2018, 01:25:34 pm

Heber lost to Gosnell, which lost to Joe T. Robinson, which lost to Warren, which lost to Arkadelphia.

phdefense

Quote from: ISU7 on November 16, 2018, 01:25:34 pm
Yes they did and got blasted by Robinson the next week. Which supports the point I am making. Teams can be good enough compete with 3A champions and still not be good enough to sniff a title in the 4A. McGeHee played the Colts pretty good last year too. Guess what McGeHee did in the 4A? Not much.

HeberFan

Quote from: phdefense on November 16, 2018, 01:37:41 pm
Yes they did and got blasted by Robinson the next week. Which supports the point I am making. Teams can be good enough compete with 3A champions and still not be good enough to sniff a title in the 4A. McGeHee played the Colts pretty good last year too. Guess what McGeHee did in the 4A? Not much.

Your "point" is based on individual teams on individual nights. Way too small a data set.

phdefense

Quote from: HeberFan on November 16, 2018, 01:42:50 pm
Your "point" is based on individual teams on individual nights. Way too small a data set.
You do realize I am defending Heber here right?

4-2A  ::)

HeberFan

Quote from: phdefense on November 16, 2018, 01:47:01 pm
You do realize I am defending Heber here right?

4-2A  ::)

I see your point, yes.  Heber will have its hands full at Rivercrest tonight, regardless of whether the Colts mode up or down. Just saying some 3A teams do well against 4A competition. But to be accurate, lots of 4A teams do poorly against 4A competition.

Some of those old Junction City teams. for example, were dangerous. Regardless of class.

phdefense

Quote from: HeberFan on November 16, 2018, 01:50:40 pm
I see your point, yes.  Heber will have its hands full at Rivercrest tonight, regardless of whether the Colts mode up or down. Just saying some 3A teams do well against 4A competition. But to be accurate, lots of 4A teams do poorly against 4A competition.

Some of those old Junction City teams. for example, were dangerous. Regardless of class.
Actually my point was that Rivercrest should expect to have their hands full with Heber.  8)

HeberFan

Quote from: phdefense on November 16, 2018, 01:53:27 pm
Actually my point was that Rivercrest should expect to have their hands full with Heber.  8)

I think it can be a great game. Colts have a huge line and very good running game. Heber hopefully has a more explosive offense and better kicking game. Should be a blast.

bigchief72455

Quote from: HeberFan on November 16, 2018, 02:10:50 pm
I think it can be a great game. Colts have a huge line and very good running game. Heber hopefully has a more explosive offense and better kicking game. Should be a blast.
he Colts passing game isn't that bad either.

Coach79

Hopefully you guys on here do not believe that the "Rivercrest posters" on here truly represent the Colt fanbase.  Other than RedandGray, now he is part of the family.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas