• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Longest losing streaks in state history (all classes)

Started by PokeyRedskinStudentScout, November 08, 2018, 09:07:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

So right now, Corning is at 43 straight losses, obviously the longest in the state. What are the longest known streaks in state history, and are they close.

HorseFeathers

Caddo Hills lost 59 in a row from 87-91(dropped football) and continued the streak when they restarted football from 01-03

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 08, 2018, 09:48:37 am
Caddo Hills lost 59 in a row from 87-91(dropped football) and continued the streak when they restarted football from 01-03
So they're basically a year and a half of nothing but losses from tying the record? But I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have a teams within the next few years

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on November 08, 2018, 10:54:52 am
So they're basically a year and a half of nothing but losses from tying the record? But I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have a teams within the next few years

Caddo Hills dropped football several years ago.  Not sure of the year.

HorseFeathers

I think 03 was the year they finally dropped it for good.... The losing streak started in the late 80's

game on

Seems the only way to fix some of the losing programs is, 8 man football or dividing the teams at the bottom into their own classifications or at least conferences of the lowly teams.  When they earn their way up, they move out.

friscokid

Quote from: game on on November 18, 2018, 01:17:41 pm
Seems the only way to fix some of the losing programs is, 8 man football or dividing the teams at the bottom into their own classifications or at least conferences of the lowly teams.  When they earn their way up, they move out.
Well, 8-man is now an option that more and more teams will be looking into.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas