• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arvest Tournament

Started by YSpanther, November 05, 2018, 04:40:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whsbballfan

NEA,  thanks for the kind words.  It means so much.

NEA Razorback olfan

November 17, 2018, 07:44:15 am #51 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:55:37 am by NEA Razorback olfan
What did I say was false?
Westside won by around 50 pts...Their coaches do a good job getting them prepared for the games, Players spend extra time shooting in gym,  their press is really tough, they have had numerous talented groups come up through Jr high. So their  would naturally be able to keep scoring with a big lead.

whsbballfan

November 17, 2018, 08:08:27 am #52 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 08:10:02 am by whsbballfan
The next opponent on the schedule, after these finals, has an enrollment of over 2,600.  Will we be the underdog?  Most definitely!  By my calculations. We are roughly a little over twice as large as YS while Bryant is about six times larger than us.  The fact of the matter is Bryant will probably exploit our weaknesses and help us figure out how to get better.  My point to y'all is why not look at from our perspective and let it be a chance to improve yourself. 
  As for the pressing,  we picked up in a 3/4 court or 1/2 court trap because YS guards were their weakness.   We were not going to drop back and just let their bigs bully us down low.  And yes, all 20 some odd players played significant minutes.

NEA Razorback olfan

We are just trying to get better also.
Best of luck against Bryant

YSpanther

Quote from: whsbballfan on November 17, 2018, 08:08:27 am
The next opponent on the schedule, after these finals, has an enrollment of over 2,600.  Will we be the underdog?  Most definitely!  By my calculations. We are roughly a little over twice as large as YS while Bryant is about six times larger than us.  The fact of the matter is Bryant will probably exploit our weaknesses and help us figure out how to get better.  My point to y'all is why not look at from our perspective and let it be a chance to improve yourself. 
  As for the pressing,  we picked up in a 3/4 court or 1/2 court trap because YS guards were their weakness.   We were not going to drop back and just let their bigs bully us down low.  And yes, all 20 some odd players played significant minutes.
State says 2087, but really 5 times isn't much different than 6 though.  Good luck.  I will be surprised if you aren't in the championship game again.

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/18-20Reclass-OtherSports.pdf

Bomberman

18-18 end of 1. Norfork girls and Melbourne

Bomberman

Bomberman

Bomberman

67-48 Lady Panthers. Arvest champions 3 peat

Bomberman

14-11 end of 1. JW up on Deer

Bomberman

29-28 Westside up on Deer at the half.

Bomberman

50-40 end 3. Jonesboro westside up

Bomberman

71-48 final. Jonesboro Westside wins.

baller334

They only won by 23?? Sorry couldn't help it 😂

87DAWG

Quote from: baller334 on November 17, 2018, 09:00:40 pm
They only won by 23?? Sorry couldn't help it 😂
Just saw the Norfork/Melbourne score! Man was I wrong! Norfork handled them today!

baller334

Quote from: 87DAWG on November 17, 2018, 09:11:31 pm
Just saw the Norfork/Melbourne score! Man was I wrong! Norfork handled them today!

Yea thats kind of surprising

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas