• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover/Grove

Started by WHITEchicken, October 10, 2018, 09:31:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

According to the film I have seen they do. They like to use the edge to run the ball as well.

Wrestlingbeaver13

What is the link to this game. Would love to watch it

WHITEchicken

Smackover wins this one by 21+

CoolBreeze

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 17, 2018, 06:44:59 pm
You are 100% correct, and the Bucks were too until they beat Prescott, which was very much a quality win.  All we can do is eat cupcakes until it's time to try to eat some meat & potatoes.  It's coming.........
Great post, Hornet.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 17, 2018, 06:44:59 pm
You are 100% correct, and the Bucks were too until they beat Prescott, which was very much a quality win.  All we can do is eat cupcakes until it's time to try to eat some meat & potatoes.  It's coming.........
Agree, and I really don't like that some are using the JC game as a comparison either.  JC was without at least two of their playmakers when we faced them. 

HG Hornet

Quote from: Horse Shoe on October 18, 2018, 01:37:22 pm
Agree, and I really don't like that some are using the JC game as a comparison either.  JC was without at least two of their playmakers when we faced them.
THANK YOU.  I said that a long time ago that without JC#10, the Dragons weren't nearly as good on either side of the ball.  If we would have played them without him, I think we would have beat them by 3 scores, which is what Smackover did the very next week.   

Smackover Fan

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 18, 2018, 02:08:13 pm
THANK YOU.  I said that a long time ago that without JC#10, the Dragons weren't nearly as good on either side of the ball.  If we would have played them without him, I think we would have beat them by 3 scores, which is what Smackover did the very next week.   

If we are adding players, Smackover gets to add "he who shall not be named" which means JC would have scored more, but Smackover likely would have as well, and I'm just not convinced that ANYONE can run at will against our defense, with or without lord..."he who shall not be named." A lot of hypotheticals for nothing. We will find out in 3 weeks.

WHITEchicken

+1 Smackover fan for the great potter reference.

Proud Buckaroo

Well... we can talk about this game.

imtie

Is there really much to talk about??

CoolBreeze

Quote from: imtie on October 26, 2018, 09:41:05 pm
Maybe about whether the Smackover will smack them all over as bad as Prescott did.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: imtie on October 26, 2018, 09:41:05 pm

I don't think so. It was worth a shot. 😅

Smackover Fan

Now that we are here, and last night happened, I'm going with Smackover by 20. My only concern now is that the boys have no respect for CHG and get shocked into a halftime realization.

WHITEchicken

CoolBreeze

It all depends on how CHG responds to last night's smackdown. If they let it get them down and come into the game with their tail between their legs it could get as ugly as the Smack/Bismarck game. But if they get mad and have something to prove, they could make it close.

WHITEchicken

Emotions make up for some things but not enough to keep this one close.

imtie

October 27, 2018, 08:40:00 pm #66 Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 08:58:31 pm by imtie
They will have their starters back that were in a ffa trip with wanting rebound I bet it's a 30-7 half 48-13 game

1wildcat

Smackover will have to apply the mercy rule in this one.

imtie

Quote from: 1wildcat on October 27, 2018, 08:49:03 pm
Smackover will have to apply the mercy rule in this one.
very possible

flow51

As bad as I would like to see Grove win by at least 2 points... I don't see it happening. Heard they had some players out last night? If they don't get these guys back then it could end a lot like it did last night.

Horse Shoe

I'm just not as confident as some of y'all. I really don't think that the Prescott game is going to affect Grove a whole lot, confidence wise, coming in to Smackover Thursday night.  I just hope that our players come out with their minds right, ready to play.  If CHG comes out hot, and gets an early lead.  Could easily turn in to a long night for the Bucks. I'll be surprised if CHG comes out flat. 

Skip Baymore

Smackover will beat a pretty good Camden Harmony Grove team this week.  Cant call them "Grove" at this point, but Im not in the middle of that conference.   I think the Bucks take care of business this week.

ghoti

dont compare scores to quickly in this one, prescott did not turn the ball over in this one like in the smackover game. had they done so it would have been closer.

WHITEchicken

Had grove forced them to fumble then they would have.

imtie

Quote from: WHITEchicken on October 28, 2018, 12:53:57 pm
Had grove forced them to fumble then they would have.

Thank you! I guess our defense didn't cause the Prescott fumbles

ghoti

forced fumbles or not forced fumbles still puts the ball on the ground. my comment was had prescott turned the ball over as they did vs smackover regardless if it was forced or not would have resulted in a much closer game

Proud Buckaroo

No. CHG didn't have their first or second string QB there. Even if Prescott fumbled. It wouldn't have been closer. MAYBE 28-0. Which technically is closer. But still a goose egg.

WHITEchicken

Nope they didn't. They just forgot their sticky gloves the night they played us.

WHITEchicken

Smackover is averaging around 4 forced fumbles a game. (Not sure of the accuracy of that statement but it has to be close) I figure Grove puts the ball on the grass around the same amount Thursday night. With Smackover a predictable play calling I'm sure the defense will have to win it for the Bucks...hahaha

CoolBreeze

Quote from: WHITEchicken on October 28, 2018, 02:16:36 pm
Smackover is averaging around 4 forced fumbles a game. (Not sure of the accuracy of that statement but it has to be close) I figure Grove puts the ball on the grass around the same amount Thursday night. With Smackover a predictable play calling I'm sure the defense will have to win it for the Bucks...hahaha
I seem to remember a legendary NFL coach whose plays were quite predictable. One of two plow horses in the backfield would get the ball on almost every play. But even though everyone knew what he was going to do, nobody could stop them. They just didn't have the hosses. The name--Vince Lombardi.

My point--You don't have to fool the other team if you are bigger, stronger, faster, and tougher.

The A-Team

Smackiver by 24. CHG haven't played anyone.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: The A-Team on October 29, 2018, 07:19:33 am
Smackiver by 24. CHG haven’t played anyone.
Somewhere an English teacher is crying.

JeffSavagIV

This one is over before halftime. Smackover won't underestimate or come out flat. These guys are locked in on taking it one week at a time to War Memorial and they want the first round bye so they're coming into Thursday locked and loaded. Smackover by 35 at least.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: JeffSavagIV on October 29, 2018, 08:50:40 am
This one is over before halftime. Smackover won't underestimate or come out flat. These guys are locked in on taking it one week at a time to War Memorial and they want the first round bye so they're coming into Thursday locked and loaded. Smackover by 35 at least.
I hope you're right. But I can't help but remember a Bucks squad, that beat a very good Fordyce team, only to come out the next week and lay an egg to a subpar CHG team.  It just seems to me, that CHG plays their best against Smackover.  I may be wrong, but I look for this one to stay close.

JeffSavagIV

Quote from: Horse Shoe on October 29, 2018, 03:32:06 pm
I hope you're right. But I can't help but remember a Bucks squad, that beat a very good Fordyce team, only to come out the next week and lay an egg to a subpar CHG team.  It just seems to me, that CHG plays their best against Smackover.  I may be wrong, but I look for this one to stay close.
Lol sounds like you're talking about my senior year at SHS

Horse Shoe

Quote from: JeffSavagIV on October 29, 2018, 03:42:07 pm
Lol sounds like you're talking about my senior year at SHS
I thought you might notice that.  I'm not trying to rub salt in an old wound, but I'm sure you understand my concerns.  We have a lot to lose Thursday night, and I'm sure CHG would love to play the spoiler.

Proud Buckaroo

Think the boys might have more to play for this Thursday. Not going into details. The ones that know, know... the ones that don't. It's not my business to tell.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Horse Shoe on October 29, 2018, 03:53:33 pm
We have a lot to lose Thursday night, and I'm sure CHG would love to play the spoiler.
They surely would.  With all the big talk and bold predictions being made, the Buckaroos have to blow CHG out or it'll almost be a letdown.  Pressure is on them to win and win big.  There's no pressure on us so all we gotta do is show up and play ball and see what happens.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 29, 2018, 06:47:18 pm
Think the boys might have more to play for this Thursday. Not going into details. The ones that know, know... the ones that don't. It's not my business to tell.
I heard about that and this goes beyond football.  Prayers to those involved.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 29, 2018, 06:48:55 pm

Thanks, man. It's terrible and my heart breaks for all involved.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 29, 2018, 06:48:55 pm
+1

Smackover Fan

I hope they do work and show out, they need to end this week with a showing. I don't mean on the scoreboard, it's bigger than that. They need to have a blast to clear their minds, even if it is just for 4 quarters.

WorkOrder

Sounds like CHG should just stay home. Smackover has this one won already ::)

Horse Shoe

Quote from: WorkOrder on October 30, 2018, 12:49:56 pm
What ever makes you feel better.

JeffSavagIV

Quote from: WorkOrder on October 30, 2018, 12:49:56 pm
Well that is what y'all did last week?

WHITEchicken

Dang that was savage.haha

The A-Team

imtie

Quote from: JeffSavagIV on October 30, 2018, 02:35:12 pm
I do believe we will win big but don't count on a 0. They will score. Prescott played them without their QBs. They will be back this week. It will be a better game than last week.

WorkOrder

Quote from: JeffSavagIV on October 30, 2018, 02:35:12 pm

I don't remember anyone from Prescott saying we were gonna beat CHG by 35+.

WHITEchicken

I remember someone from Prescott saying we wouldn't hold y'all to 21.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas