• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conway Christian @ Quitman

Started by JHFootball37, October 08, 2018, 01:17:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JHFootball37

Should be a good game. Great start to the season by Quitman, but just like the years that Quitman is considered "decent" they then head into the hard part of their schedule. CC by a lot, but id like to hear you guys' thoughts.

hawgball3

FSUon3

Watch out for Lovelady and Alvarez this week. Big difference makers for the bulldogs.

bearfan

October 08, 2018, 01:30:04 pm #3 Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 03:33:30 pm by bearfan
Should be a decent first half but Conway Christian:28 quitman:6

cornernumber10

Good game first half. Eagles with a close one. 73-14

abcd1234

October 08, 2018, 01:35:51 pm #5 Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 01:58:49 pm by abcd1234
Can't wait for this matchup

thebigman3

I would usually pick CC by a lot, but not this time. I do think they win, but I don't think it comes easy.

thevoice

Quote from: bearfan on October 08, 2018, 01:30:04 pm
Should be a decent first half but Conway Christian:28 quitman:6

Quit, man. 

ballislife42

Wood and Lawrence dominate like always and lead the Eagles to a victory, Quitman puts up a solid fight against a team that tends to overlook the competition. I say 35-28 CCS, early lead but a run made by the bulldogs late keeps them in the game

BaseballPlayer11

Best team Quitman has had in several years IMO. However, CCS returns as always a dominant team. Quitman has some player makers, such as lovelady, but I don't think they can keep up with CCS's offense. I believe the score to be 28-21 CCS.

Flobbito

I heard on the Buzz this morning that R.J. Hawk and crew were going to be at this game.  This will be CCS's toughest 2A opponent to date, that said I think it will be a CCS victory of 3 scores or more.  CCS 52- Quitman 22

i40traveler

Quote from: Flobbito on October 11, 2018, 08:13:48 am
I heard on the Buzz this morning that R.J. Hawk and crew were going to be at this game.  This will be CCS's toughest 2A opponent to date, that said I think it will be a CCS victory of 3 scores or more.  CCS 52- Quitman 22

I do believe England is tougher than CC

Flobbito

Quote from: i40traveler on October 11, 2018, 08:59:24 am
I do believe England is tougher than CC

Did you mean England is tougher than Quitman?  England and CC played last week and the clock started running in the first half.

i40traveler

Yes I meant England is tougher than Quitman, not CC.

mrknowitall

JHFootball37

This game proved CC isn't just a one dimensional team. 42-0 at half and as usual Quitman had to be that team to keep throwing bombs while there was a mercy rule in effect. CC's D-line was all over the place last night. I saw this on another forum but it's true, Quitman is the diet coke version of CC.

thebigman3

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 08, 2018, 02:20:57 pm
I would usually pick CC by a lot, but not this time. I do think they win, but I don't think it comes easy.
Did I really say this?

abcd1234

Lovelady and Alvarez put up a great fight, but it ultimately wasn't enough to avoid the blowout.

coachdude75

all i'm saying is there was little to no fight till CC put their 2nd stringers in against quitman. seems like overall quitman came into the game thinking they were something because of their 5-0 game count and then got some sense knocked into them

STATGUYQHS

Quote from: coachdude75 on October 15, 2018, 07:24:41 pm
all i'm saying is there was little to no fight till CC put their 2nd stringers in against quitman. seems like overall quitman came into the game thinking they were something because of their 5-0 game count and then got some sense knocked into them
Conway Christian is just the better team overall they run they pass well! Don't talk out the side of your mouth.  Has nothing to do with thinking they are something.

Hawgpilot

Quote from: STATGUYQHS on October 15, 2018, 11:46:47 pm
Conway Christian is just the better team overall they run they pass well! Don't talk out the side of your mouth.  Has nothing to do with thinking they are something.

I heard that saying back in high school and I'm not sure I've heard it much since!  Thanks for the reminder.

thebigman3

I remember earlier in the year when CC got beat by Clinton... Quitman was talking pretty loudly about how they would beat them... so maybe he was right..

coachdude75

If you don't think that the team came into the game thinking they were something then you should have seen the first play/kickoff, and their team attitude and hype was down in the dirt with what i saw

PantherPower

Quote from: BaseballPlayer11 on October 10, 2018, 01:07:38 pm
Best team Quitman has had in several years IMO. However, CCS returns as always a dominant team. Quitman has some player makers, such as lovelady, but I don't think they can keep up with CCS's offense. I believe the score to be 28-21 CCS.

Bit off there man

edited for spelling

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas