• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood vs Siloam Springs

Started by Topdog1, September 30, 2018, 09:13:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Topdog1

SS got handled by Benton.  We see the same here by Greenwood?

Bigfootdogfan

Time to fine tune the machine. Playing time for many this Friday.

The Future

October 01, 2018, 07:49:18 am #2 Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 07:52:09 am by The Future
I agree. With the exception of Sheridan, after this week on out, gotta play our best ball. No more gimme games.
What I want to see from this game. I mean there's no PC way of saying it. Greenwood has a 99.999% chance of winning by 24+. So really the only thing you can want out of a game like this is work on anything that needs work and continue to improve everything else. Mental errors and penalties need to be erased. I want to see clean routes and caught balls and good wrap up open field tackles. I've been very impressed with how Holt has improved since week 1. I want him to have another good game and keep building his confidence. And also as in any game, no injuries. On either sideline.

We will also be able to get an on paper glance at how the Greenwood Benton game will go. Benton stomped Siloam 54-14. Even though it may have been against back ups, Siloam was able to put a little dent in the score.

Since Siloams upset of Greenwood in 2010, the previous  5 meetings have been Greenwood dominating with a combined score of 221-9 with the previous 3 being shutouts.

I'm sure Siloam will get at least one maybe two punches in late in the game. And I see Greenwood hitting 50 points for the first time since Southside week 2.
Greenwood 56
Siloam 7

Bigfootdogfan

Future, I agree with all your points. Living in Little Rock and my hunting buddy living in Benton I have gone to a couple of their games with him and at this point in the season I feel like they are the team to beat for the state championship BUT we are only half way through the season, things can change i.e. Injuries, other teams improving so we will see. We have improved a lot but still have some things to work on. Coach jones is very good at fine tuning the machine. On another note Bait just can't stand not posting on a GW topic can he? Oh well what would this site be without him. LOL!!!! They will have their hands full the next two weeks. GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!!!

Wildcat Football

October 01, 2018, 12:38:40 pm #4 Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 12:49:08 pm by Wildcat Football
Don't forget WM best defense in state on the other side, a little surprised Searcy game was not closer. Benton lost their starting QB Friday night in second quarter v SS after throwing 3 TD passes, but not sure how long he will be out.  He is recovering from torn ACL last year and heard he may have re-injured same knee.  The back-up QB is a soph & has a nice arm, but still just a soph v. senior at that position. To beat Benton, you gotta have strong LBs and D-Line...Zak Wallace (RB) is best player in 6A.

Wildcat Football

October 01, 2018, 12:39:39 pm #5 Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 12:43:26 pm by Wildcat Football
Congrats to GW Bulldogs, really thought we had a chance this game, but too many curve balls thrown at us, vintage Jones.

sssuperpantherfan2

It will be tough for SS, GW is still good. Hopefully we can tighten up our defense this and keep the game closer than we did Benton.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: Wildcat Football on October 01, 2018, 12:38:40 pm
Don't forget WM best defense in state on the other side, a little surprised Searcy game was not closer. Benton lost their starting QB Friday night in second quarter v SS after throwing 3 TD passes, but not sure how long he will be out.  He is recovering from torn ACL last year and heard he may have re-injured same knee.  The back-up QB is a soph & has a nice arm, but still just a soph v. senior at that position. To beat Benton, you gotta have strong LBs and D-Line...Zak Wallace (RB) is best player in 6A.

While Zak Wallace is a great player, Peyton Holt deserves to be in the conversation for best player in 6A as well. Makes for a great debate

Topdog1

Bigfootdogfan

October 01, 2018, 09:51:12 pm #9 Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 10:26:52 pm by Bigfootdogfan
Wildcat, you said WM had the best def. In The 6AEast.  First let's throw out non Conf games because WM played easier teams and several other teams play tougher teams in non Conf.  So let's just stay with Conf. Games just in your Conf. 6a east Pine Bluff has allowed only 12 pts and Marion has allowed only 29 points while WM has allowed 41.   does that mean by the end of the season WM will or will not have the best def. we will see. Just remember how many points did these other teams allow while their back up players were in? I am not saying WM doesn't have a good def. I just don't think they have the best def. in 6A east.

Wildcat Football

October 02, 2018, 09:02:00 am #10 Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 09:26:35 am by Wildcat Football
Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on October 01, 2018, 09:51:12 pm
Wildcat, you said WM had the best def. In The 6AEast.  First let's throw out non Conf games because WM played easier teams and several other teams play tougher teams in non Conf.  So let's just stay with Conf. Games just in your Conf. 6a east Pine Bluff has allowed only 12 pts and Marion has allowed only 29 points while WM has allowed 41.   does that mean by the end of the season WM will or will not have the best def. we will see. Just remember how many points did these other teams allow while their back up players were in? I am not saying WM doesn't have a good def. I just don't think they have the best def. in 6A east.
Well, I would add footnotes.  Searcy scored 21 points of those 41 allowed.  Searcy is much improved on both sides of the ball, and like to air it out on offense. So, besides looking at hard numbers, you have to add some footnotes.  I saw WM first game at War Memorial, and their D-Line is very good, especially #9.  Time will tell with future games and analysis, and injuries happen but I would put WM defense as my fantasy first pick D any day. Another footnote, as you noted, how much time did B team put in second half after games go mercy rule, that one is a little harder to pinpoint.

The Future

So much for Mr Debs preseason prediction of no team scoring more than 14 on this West Memphis team.

AT

Is this Coach Jones going for his 300th victory?

High Voltage

Quote from: Wildcat Football on October 01, 2018, 12:38:40 pm
The Benton QB injured his knee again. Hate to hear that. Hope he isn't out long. Hate to see a kid injured. Any news on his return?

Pr8hd

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 02, 2018, 03:06:48 pm
Is this Coach Jones going for his 300th victory?

Looks to be the case..him and Malham at Cabot both on the threshold.  Although I would think Jones will surpass Malham potentially by year's end  based on how their teams are doing currently or next year for sure since Malham is hanging it up. That is unless, CRJ rides off to the sunset as well.   

Lumberjackfan1978

Oldbadger

October 02, 2018, 10:56:45 pm #16 Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 11:00:31 pm by Oldbadger
Greenwood wins this one.

sssuperpantherfan2

It's our Home Coming night too, the new coach doesn't like playing easy teams.  Hopefully this pays off for us in years to come.

Bigfootdogfan

Bigfootdogfan

Well I guess he is hoping to charge up the Panthers with a big challenge. GW will not take SS lightly I promise. They are on a mission. We may not be as dominant as last year but these young men want to prove they can play with most any one. We have lots of things to work on and each game and each week of practice gives GW a chance to work on those things to get better. I know SS won't lay down history has shown that and Homecoming is a fun time but still lots of destractions. Just hope for a game with no injuries on both teams.

Mr_Deb

Quote from: The Future on October 02, 2018, 09:42:40 am
So much for Mr Debs preseason prediction of no team scoring more than 14 on this West Memphis team.

Yea well that was more of speculation than anything, I never actually stated that opponents wouldn't score over 14 and like someone alluded to already even then it doesn't tell the whole story of it all. It's the best defense I have seen in a looooooong time in WM certainly the best of Elmore's tenure.

sssuperpantherfan2

Bigfootdogfan

I would love to but I live in Little Rock and will be watching online stream. I pray this is a injury free game and both teams ..

FBGFDRUM

#12 for SS is bullying Greenwood's offense.

sssuperpantherfan2

GW is still GW! Maybe we can rattle the offense a little and slow them down some.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas