• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bentonville Goes 2-8

Started by Thatoneguy2, September 13, 2018, 11:15:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Thatoneguy2

Bentonville this fall will get trampled in their conference. Bentonville will be a disappointment this year because of their new talent, well not really talent just numbers on the team because they are not good. Harrison will have a let down of a season this year he will under perform on all levels. Bentonville from this stand point will lose 7-8 games this year due to the lack of a good coaching staff being able to produce talent and lack of performance. Bentonville will be terrible this year so dont get youre hopes up.

Razorback Red

Quote from: Thatoneguy2 on September 13, 2018, 11:15:08 am
Bentonville this fall will get trampled in their conference. Bentonville will be a disappointment this year because of their new talent, well not really talent just numbers on the team because they are not good. Harrison will have a let down of a season this year he will under perform on all levels. Bentonville from this stand point will lose 7-8 games this year due to the lack of a good coaching staff being able to produce talent and lack of performance. Bentonville will be terrible this year so dont get youre hopes up.

Take a breath and relax.  Yes, BHS is down this year, but they are not terrible.  You must not of been around when BHS was the home-coming game for every other team in the old 4A.  I have been disappointed in the play-calling on offense so far, but they have played 3 good teams.  It's not like they've lost to  any bad team.  It's also the first time in years BHS doesn't have a stud play-maker.  They have very good players, but not a Scroggins or KMH.  Should they be 2-1, yes, but they're not.  They are 0-3 and in a hole.  The D will be OK, they just ran into an extremely talented Aledo team last week.  My concerns are on the offensive side of the ball.  They have to improve the run to open up the pass, not going to win a lot without running the ball. 

All that said, they are 0-0 in games that matter.  Beating FHS and West (if WJ is back) will be a challenge, but every other conf game is winnable.  I will be shocked if they don't find a way to win 4-5 games.  The key is improving as they go through the season to get ready for the playoffs.  Based on what I've seen (and I haven't see all the teams yet), there are 2 elite 7A teams this year and then several good teams.  BHS can be one of those good teams by the end of the season.  I would have said 3 elite before last week, but Bryant is puzzling.  West gave them a fight while missing their 2 best offensive players. 

businesstron

With the Rogers and Van Buren schools  they won't get trampled.  Despite what everyone has said I think they'll get better.   That's probably dumb optimism on my part though.  I remember people saying last year Bentonville was dead in the water and then they came out on fire in Conference play.   

Harber   --  Bentonville should win.  I don't think Harber is that good this year.  It should be a fight.
Van Buren -- They are improved but Bennie should win this.
Heritage  -- Easy win.
Fayetteville -- Honestly they might be the only state title contender in the West.....right now. This will be a loss  with a big BUT.  The last time Fayetteville beat Bentonville I was a single dude outta college a year into moving to Northwest Arkansas......2005.   So if they lose to Fayetteville it will be a extraordinary event.
Rogers  -- Easy win
Springdale -- Springdale is better but honestly this will be a close game at the very least.
Bentonville West -- It's a rivalry and it should be close even with  Jarrett healthy.

Bentonville has played some good team and honestly i don't think anyone expected that Aledo game to be a game.  But the 7a is weaker than usual this year so they should be okay. 

Brian G

So the OP is saying that BHS will sweep the Rogers schools?

Thatoneguy2

Quote from: B.G. on September 13, 2018, 07:33:21 pm
So the OP is saying that BHS will sweep the Rogers schools?
well of course, use your head.

Rob Van Winkle

Why would you specifically call out a player on the BV team? Man that is pretty sorry

Thatoneguy2

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on September 14, 2018, 09:40:20 am
Why would you specifically call out a player on the BV team? Man that is pretty sorry

It can be used as motivation.

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: Thatoneguy2 on September 14, 2018, 10:00:46 am
It can be used as motivation.
Yeah I am sure he looks to this forum for motivation......... Stay classy

Thatoneguy2

September 14, 2018, 10:25:52 am #8 Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 10:57:54 am by Thatoneguy2
Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on September 14, 2018, 10:17:33 am
Yeah I am sure he looks to this forum for motivation......... Stay classy
Well maybe their 2-8 record at the end of the year will motivate them.

Baitshop

This guy reminds me of the old RGP days when he would drop into a thread, plop a big turd in the middle of the room, and wait for the fun to start....ahh, the good ol' days.

brock

No chance at all that they don't finish above .500 at the worst as bad as the west is this year.

Razorback Red

1-0 in games that matter!  Always a good way to begin conf play. 

SouthpawSensation

Somebody better hope Bentonville goes on a long losing streak ... otherwise ... is there anybody here who specializes in preparing crow?

Thatoneguy2

Well just wait they will go 3-7 at best. Also what does cooking a crow have to do with foootball. Do some research before posting on here.

Razorback Red

Quote from: Razorback Red on September 21, 2018, 10:42:41 pm
1-0 in games that matter!  Always a good way to begin conf play.

2-0 in games that matter and they play the weakest team in all of 7A this week.  Should be 3-0 heading into FHS game. 

Still work to do, but the offense is getting better.  I don't want to get too optimistic yet, but I'm liking the adjustments I'm seeing. 

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: Thatoneguy2 on October 01, 2018, 11:40:43 am
Well just wait they will go 3-7 at best. Also what does cooking a crow have to do with foootball. Do some research before posting on here.
Hmmm ... let me go through my notes ...
• Bentonville has NEVER lost to Rogers Heritage, although it needed a late field goal to win a game a few years back.
• Bentonville has won the last 11 meetings with Rogers, averaging 44.5 points per game while allowing an average of 4.0 points in those contests.
• Bentonville has won the last 12 regular-season meetings against Fayetteville.
• Bentonville has won the last 11 meetings against Springdale, averaging 39.8 points per game while allowing 6 points per game.
How's that for research? In the meantime, you might want to get your palate ready ...

thebigshot

I like how all the NWA guys says since Bentonville is down the whole 7A is down.

whatsamountie

Bentonville's performance this year appears to have become the trend. Real traction occurs about the fourth game and they're strong through the playoffs.

5tooldad

Bentonville lead in their first two losses, only to fritter those games away.  Their third game against Aledo TX......that team was just awesome.  Bentonville could very well run the table through conference play.    VB and Heritage wins don't tell us much but the Har Ber game was never a game.   Should get a great idea of where they are this week.  But the OP is high.  And Harrison is having a great year. 

Ambient

Quote from: Thatoneguy2 on October 01, 2018, 11:40:43 am

Eating crow has nothing to do with football specifically, just your "mouth".
Wikipedia....
Eating crow is a colloquial idiom, used in English-speaking countries that means humiliation by admitting having been proven wrong after taking a strong position. Crow is presumably foul-tasting in the same way that being proven wrong might be emotionally hard to swallow.

SouthpawSensation

Next prediction by "Thatoneguy2" ... Dewey beats Truman.

Thatoneguy2

Bentonville's downfall starts now they are gonna lose.

Razorback Red

Quote from: Thatoneguy2 on October 16, 2018, 11:32:26 am

Against Rogers this week?  I know you are just stirring the pot, but at least pick Springdale or West week. 

Razorback Red

It was not a pretty win, but still 5-0 in conf play. 

BHS looked like a team tonight coming off of a big win last week and playing down to the level of their opponent.  Not clean at all tonight and really bad play-calling. 

A win is a win and they can't let this next week at Sdale be a trap.  Just take care of business and set up the week 10 battle. 

5tooldad

Quote from: Razorback Red on October 19, 2018, 10:13:02 pm
It was not a pretty win, but still 5-0 in conf play. 

BHS looked like a team tonight coming off of a big win last week and playing down to the level of their opponent.  Not clean at all tonight and really bad play-calling. 

A win is a win and they can't let this next week at Sdale be a trap.  Just take care of business and set up the week 10 battle.
that bad play calling is becoming a habit.   I don't understand.

Thatoneguy2

Quote from: 5tooldad on October 19, 2018, 10:58:39 pm
that bad play calling is becoming a habit.   I don't understand.

Which means not many scoring chances then losses

Thatoneguy2

Bentonville was surprising this year but will lose early in the playoffs. how early earlier than 2nd round

Billyo62

HA!  I fart in your general direction....

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Billyo62 on October 25, 2018, 12:08:28 pm
HA!  I fart in your general direction....

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!  😀😀😀

Thatoneguy2

Thatoneguy2

This year I think bentonville has looked weak and have had a let down of a year but are getting better. cant wait for playoffs

Thatoneguy2

why oh why is the 7a west so weak in competition

Billyo62

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 25, 2018, 02:18:17 pm
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!  😀😀😀

Well Played... ;D

TigerHawg

Bump...just for the fun of it ;)

Ambient

Quote from: Thatoneguy2 on October 16, 2018, 11:32:26 am

Well, well, we'll.... look where we are sitting now.  As always Bentonville improves every week to the point that they are now 7-0 in conference play and win the 7AWest like, 10 or 11 years straight?  No big playmakers you say....well everybody is doing their job and their coaching and work ethic is phenomenal. That old saying that "defense wins championships" may again be true.  "Eating crow" is another old saying you may want to remember.  Need some ketsup?

rzrbackfan

Quote from: Ambient on November 07, 2018, 07:39:53 am
Well, well, we'll.... look where we are sitting now.  As always Bentonville improves every week to the point that they are now 7-0 in conference play and win the 7AWest like, 10 or 11 years straight?  No big playmakers you say....well everybody is doing their job and their coaching and work ethic is phenomenal. That old saying that "defense wins championships" may again be true.  "Eating crow" is another old saying you may want to remember.  Need some ketsup?

I love it!!! Lets be real 7A hasn't been the best this year.   Bentonville has a 7 - 3 record. 
W against 4 - 6 Harber who 5A Pulaski Academy beat 50 - 14 this year
W against 4 - 6 Van Buren
W against 0 - 10 Rogers Heritage
W against 8 - 2 Fayetteville
W against 2 - 8 Rogers
W against 7 - 3 Springdale
W against 6 - 4 Bentonville West
4 of their 7 wins are against teams that have a combined win record of 10!  4 teams who if you add all their wins together only get to 10!!!  Bentonville improves every week?  I hope so, they only played 3 real teams in Conference!

Billyo62

Quote from: rzrbackfan on November 07, 2018, 04:16:42 pm
I love it!!! Lets be real 7A hasn't been the best this year.   Bentonville has a 7 - 3 record. 
W against 4 - 6 Harber who 5A Pulaski Academy beat 50 - 14 this year
W against 4 - 6 Van Buren
W against 0 - 10 Rogers Heritage
W against 8 - 2 Fayetteville
W against 2 - 8 Rogers
W against 7 - 3 Springdale
W against 6 - 4 Bentonville West
4 of their 7 wins are against teams that have a combined win record of 10!  4 teams who if you add all their wins together only get to 10!!!  Bentonville improves every week?  I hope so, they only played 3 real teams in Conference!

And beat them all, can only play your schedule..

Yellowcake

Yeah, count out bentonville. See how that works out for you....

rzrbackfan

Quote from: Billyo62 on November 09, 2018, 02:01:18 pm
And beat them all, can only play your schedule..

Did they cancel first 3 games? 

Already lost to Conway 24 - 21
North Little Rock beat Conway 35 - 14
Bryant beat Conway 40 - 10

Lost to Midwest City 28 - 25 in OT and Aledo, TX 51 - 14

Hey but you beat Rogers and Rogers Heritage!!!  I think those cancel out the loses.

5tooldad

Quote from: rzrbackfan on November 12, 2018, 12:31:36 pm
Did they cancel first 3 games? 

Already lost to Conway 24 - 21
North Little Rock beat Conway 35 - 14
Bryant beat Conway 40 - 10

Lost to Midwest City 28 - 25 in OT and Aledo, TX 51 - 14

Hey but you beat Rogers and Rogers Heritage!!!  I think those cancel out the loses.
lol....you mean the non conference games that mean jack squat other than getting you ready for conference play?   Play calling and penalties cost Bentonville the Conway and MWC games.....both losses and learning games.   The Aledo game wasn't even as close as the score.  Aledo wins that game 10/10 times by a huge margin.   But it made this BHS team so mucc better.  It was a smart game. 

It's funny....in the parent meeting before fall camp started, coach Grant talked specifically about playing Aledo.   Said something like "we scheduled that game with one thing in mind.....getting back to Little Rock and playing NLR.

Those three games you mentioned mean nothing.  I'd take this Bentonville team the way they are playing now over Conway in the playoffs.   

Hawkeye

Thatoneguy2 failed miserably in his preseason prediction.  The demise of Bentonville football didn't hold up very well.  (Thatoneguy2 is probably a sophomore at Bentonville West) After three tough non-conference games the 17 new starters the Tigers started winning.  And didn't stop.  1st place 7a West. Undefeated in conference.  Capped off reg season with a pantsing of rival Bentonville west hs.  All in all a pretty poor commentary dont you think, sophomore?

rzrbackfan

Quote from: 5tooldad on November 12, 2018, 02:29:56 pm
lol....you mean the non conference games that mean jack squat other than getting you ready for conference play?   Play calling and penalties cost Bentonville the Conway and MWC games.....both losses and learning games.   The Aledo game wasn't even as close as the score.  Aledo wins that game 10/10 times by a huge margin.   But it made this BHS team so mucc better.  It was a smart game. 

It's funny....in the parent meeting before fall camp started, coach Grant talked specifically about playing Aledo.   Said something like "we scheduled that game with one thing in mind.....getting back to Little Rock and playing NLR.

Those three games you mentioned mean nothing.  I'd take this Bentonville team the way they are playing now over Conway in the playoffs.   

Obviously the conf ones don't matter either.  (2 - 10) Rogers, and (4 - 8) Van Buren made the 7A playoffs.

Billyo62

Quote from: Baitshop on September 14, 2018, 06:00:18 pm
This guy reminds me of the old RGP days when he would drop into a thread, plop a big turd in the middle of the room, and wait for the fun to start....ahh, the good ol' days.

Not even close to the eye gouging RGP, kid could bring it....

CBag21

Ahhh its been too long. I've forgotten the ignorance of these forums.  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas