• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malvern

Started by THE D.O.C, September 07, 2018, 08:57:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

THE D.O.C

September 07, 2018, 08:57:29 pm Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 09:00:05 pm by THE D.O.C
Anyone care to elaborate on why Malvern has gone south the last 4 years?

Not looking so good this year, may go winless.

big lefty

Beaver Fever

It's not coaching, it's a Down cycle, every school hits one sometimes.  That conference is tough too, they were a 4 or 5 seed last year and nearly beat the winner of another conference in the playoffs

Ghs21

Quote from: Beaver Fever on September 08, 2018, 08:46:28 am
It's not coaching, it's a Down cycle, every school hits one sometimes.  That conference is tough too, they were a 4 or 5 seed last year and nearly beat the winner of another conference in the playoffs
nearly beat ? They were mercy ruled...

Ghs21

Beaver Fever

Dang, you were right. For some reason  I thought it was a close game.

i40traveler

There is nothing in Malvern but a prison.

beaverfan007

A prison 2 brick plants a saw mill churches ⛪ banks tractor supply more than a prison

beaverfan007

They have talent they hired a new offensive coordinator so there learning a new offense it's not the coaching just very little talent

THE D.O.C

Quote from: i40traveler on September 08, 2018, 03:26:18 pm
Well, what does Warren, Nashville, Ashdown and Glen Rose have that Malvern doesn't. Malvern's population is over 10,000 people.

THE D.O.C

What is going on in Malvern? It's sad to see this program in this shape. Malvern has always had talented kids throughout decades that has gone on to play at the next level. Malvern Alumni Organization hostess a football camp in the summer made up of former players who volunteer time to help young kids in the community and surround counties. I read on another blog that only a handful of people showed up for last nights game. I can't remember Malvern ever being so down. Anyone out there have answers to why?

AirWarren

This is some dumb crap. This state is comprised of 90% of towns like Malvern. Three areas of the state that isn't plagued by "Nothing" is NWA, Little Rock Metro, and I guess the Jonesboro area.

DeeGee

There is way more in Malvern than a prison. Malvern is much larger than Bauxite.  I felt so sorry and heartbroken for the Malvern players because they maybe had 10 people on their side. The Bauxite side was packed. How would you feel if you were running out on the field and you have no fans to cheer you on but the other team did? Would you put all of your heart and soul into your game? To look up in the stands and have no one there to support you. I was sad. I felt so bad for those boys. I'm sure they felt like what are we playing for, our own town, family and friends and other students don't even come to hype us up. The looked defeated before the game even started. Shame on you Malvern people. If you say it was the rain, there is this thing called an umbrella,  we all had one on our side.  Those boys deserve better. When my son played for GR, the Malvern games were always packed no matter where the game was. Now, they don't show up at all to support them boys. It just isn't right imo. Give them boys a chance a be there for them.

DeeGee

September 22, 2018, 03:35:03 pm #13 Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 03:43:20 pm by DeeGoldie
Quote from: THE D.O.C on September 22, 2018, 01:28:26 pm
What is going on in Malvern? It's sad to see this program in this shape. Malvern has always had talented kids throughout decades that has gone on to play at the next level. Malvern Alumni Organization hostess a football camp in the summer made up of former players who volunteer time to help young kids in the community and surround counties. I read on another blog that only a handful of people showed up for last nights game. I can't remember Malvern ever being so down. Anyone out there have answers to why?

I posted that and a picture. I was there. I felt so broken hearted for their players because they ran out on the field and just stopped  because there were maybe 10 people there while the Bauxite side was packed. It was like it instantly broke their spirit and will to even play.

DeeGee

September 22, 2018, 03:36:53 pm #14 Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 03:39:05 pm by DeeGoldie
Here is their stands last night. I think I counted 10 to 12 people there for them. This I took in the 2nd quarter.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PuiviPdSiK3W729U7

THE D.O.C

I'm with you when it comes to the kids, more parents, teachers and fans should have been in attendance for support. From the looks of the picture it seem like there were 20 fans. Between the players, cheerleader, band members, honor guards etc..... should have been more parents in attendance. The lack of attendance could be a message then anything else. I'm not going to speculate on this one, could have been weather related.

DeeGee

Quote from: THE D.O.C on September 22, 2018, 04:11:00 pm
I'm with you when it comes to the kids, more parents, teachers and fans should have been in attendance for support. From the looks of the picture it seem like there were 20 fans. Between the players, cheerleader, band members, honor guards etc..... should have been more parents in attendance. The lack of attendance could be a message then anything else. I'm not going to speculate on this one, could have been weather related.

Their band and cheerleaders left during the 2 hour game delay
When they came back om the field at 9:06 there were no cheerleaders,  no band, no color guards. Just a few people in the stands. But as a parent, I was there for my daughter. Even had to help save a boy's life that got hit by a car.  The need some kind of support. Weather is no excuse for me. When my son played for GR, I was at every game, hime and away, in the rain, sleet. Snow and ice. I wanted him to be able to look up and know I was there for him no matter if they were winning or losing.  It seems like some parents don't care these days. But I  felt so bad dor them. Playing their hearts out and no one to cheer them on.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas