• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 4A Top Ten--Week 2

Started by Mike Bonds, September 06, 2018, 09:28:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bonds

1.   Warren
2.   Rivercrest
3.   Joe T. Robinson
4.   Bauxite
5.   Nashville
6.   Dardanelle
7.   Batesville Southside
8.   Dumas
9.   Pottsville
10.   Fountain Lake

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 06, 2018, 09:28:12 am
1.   Warren
2.   Rivercrest
3.   Joe T. Robinson
4.   Bauxite
5.   Nashville
6.   Dardanelle
8.   Dumas
9.   Pottsville
10.   Fountain Lake

Pick_DA_EAGLES

1.   Warren
2.   Rivercrest
3.   Joe T. Robinson
4.   Bauxite
5.   Nashville
6.   Dardanelle
8.   Dumas
9.   Pottsville
10.   Fountain Lake

Bauxite at 4? so if you do a 2A poll, des arc would be number 1? :o :o

scrapman

Would love to see Rivercrest play Warren, Joe T, or Nashville. I'm saying that gets them knocked out of the top 10

OrangeCrush.

1.   Warren
2.   Rivercrest
3.   Joe T. Robinson
4.   Bauxite
5.   Nashville
6.   Dardanelle
8.   Dumas
9.   Pottsville
10.   Fountain Lake

Don't do drugs kids.

Mike Bonds

Quote from: scrapman on September 06, 2018, 09:41:54 am
Would love to see Rivercrest play Warren, Joe T, or Nashville. I'm saying that gets them knocked out of the top 10

Lots of teams are going to lose to Warren--maybe every team they play.

AirWarren

September 06, 2018, 09:50:48 am #6 Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 09:53:46 am by AirWarren
Quote from: OrangeCrush. on September 06, 2018, 09:47:09 am
Don't do drugs kids.

Serious question, what do you see as the issue? I have an idea, but I want to see yours. At this juncture of the season.....these rankings mean squat.

Here is another publications rankings:
1. Warren (1-0)
2. Joe T. Robinson (1-1)
3. Nashville (2-0)
4. Southside Batesville (1-1)
5. Rivercrest (1-0)
6. Arkadelphia (0-2)
7. Gosnell (1-1)
8. Ozark (0-1)
9. Hamburg (2-0)
10. Pottsville (1-0)

Not sure what the super six is from the ADG yet. And I don't think we are doing a FF poll this year.

cuckoobird

The only problem i see is warren at #1 but that will be taken care of tomorrow night...

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 06, 2018, 09:53:10 am
The only problem i see is warren at #1 but that will be taken care of tomorrow night...

LOL.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: AirWarren on September 06, 2018, 09:50:48 am
Serious question, what do you see as the issue? I have an idea, but I want to see yours. At this juncture of the season.....these rankings mean squat.

1. Warren (1-0)
2. Joe T. Robinson (1-1)
3. Nashville (2-0)
5. Rivercrest (1-0)
6. Arkadelphia (0-2)
7. Gosnell (1-1)
8. Ozark (0-1)
9. Hamburg (2-0)
10. Pottsville (1-0)

Not sure what the super six is from the ADG yet. And I don't think we are doing a FF poll this year.

that one seems close

cuckoobird

Rivercrest may very well run through the 3-4a but come playoff time get punched in the throat by a 2 or 3 seed from another conference. Heck maybe even a 4 or 5 seed

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: AirWarren on September 06, 2018, 09:50:48 am

1. Warren (1-0)
2. Joe T. Robinson (1-1)
3. Nashville (2-0)
5. Rivercrest (1-0)
6. Arkadelphia (0-2)
7. Gosnell (1-1)
8. Ozark (0-1)
9. Hamburg (2-0)
10. Pottsville (1-0)

I agree rankings are pointless. That's why I don't understand why so many put them out, especially this early.  The ranking you posted looks pretty good. 4A could get wild this year.  Top 4 should be Warren, Robinson, Arkadelphia, Nashville.  After that just start flipping a coin.  There is no way Bauxite should be anywhere close to the top 5.  Putting Rivercrest above Robinson makes no sense.  But again, it doesn't really matter.  I'll be absolutely shocked if the final four this year is not at least 3 of the top 4 I mentioned.

nuttinbuthogs

How long has it been since a 1-4A was in the top ten?  Looking like a very down year in the 1-4A at this point.

AirWarren

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on September 06, 2018, 10:06:30 am
How long has it been since a 1-4A was in the top ten?  Looking like a very down year in the 1-4A at this point.

Good point.

It's weird not seeing PR, PG, or Shiloh not in it.

bigchief72455

Quote from: AirWarren on September 06, 2018, 10:09:14 am
Good point.

Still 9 games left so who knows.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: AirWarren on September 06, 2018, 10:09:14 am
Good point.

I think all three of those teams were mentioned as top 10 preseason.  Small schools typically run in cycles but to have all the upper deck teams down at the same time is unusual.

Ghs21

Quote from: cuckoobird on September 06, 2018, 10:03:49 am
Rivercrest may very well run through the 3-4a but come playoff time get punched in the throat by a 2 or 3 seed from another conference. Heck maybe even a 4 or 5 seed
they won't beat gosnell

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I would flip SS Bville over Nashville. SS has at least played someone. Scrappers have played 2 nobody's. Throw Rivercrest at 5 then Rock Paper Scissors between the Badgers and Scrappers. Don't know why Hamburg is there either. Drop them down and replace with Shiloh or PG.

cuckoobird

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 06, 2018, 10:18:01 am
I would flip SS Bville over Nashville. SS has at least played someone. Scrappers have played 2 nobody's. Throw Rivercrest at 5 then Rock Paper Scissors between the Badgers and Scrappers. Don't know why Hamburg is there either. Drop them down and replace with Shiloh or PG.

Hamburg beat a media day team called Ashdown. So, I'm sure that holds some sort of weight.

scrapman

Didn't know WC was a nobody. They went undefeated in the 5a south last year. (Yeah I know that conference was down.)Ranked top 10 in 5a polls this year. They can't help who they play just like Warren can't help that other than them the whole 8-4a is terrible. Not sold on SS either. Warren crushed them and didn't even play their good dudes. SS spent more time cramped up then actually playing.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: scrapman on September 06, 2018, 11:17:48 am
Didn't know WC was a nobody. They went undefeated in the 5a south last year. (Yeah I know that conference was down.)Ranked top 10 in 5a polls this year. They can't help who they play just like Warren can't help that other than them the whole 8-4a is terrible. Not sold on SS either. Warren crushed them and didn't even play their good dudes. SS spent more time cramped up then actually playing.

and being ranked means what? A man gives his opinion and the whining and crying starts. Out of the wood work comes every expert on teams they have never even seen play. I could jump in with saying Bauxite is no good, SS couldn't beat a good 3A team, and Stuttgart fans let Hooten's convince them they had something special. But, I really don't know those three teams so I won't.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: scrapman on September 06, 2018, 11:17:48 am
Should've said WC played extremely lazy against Nashville. Up until late in 4th quarter, even though the Scrapper D played hard, they had a hard time beating 4 guys. The other 7 stood around and watched.

$aintMaximu$

This looks better-

1. Ozark JV (I know, it isn't fair but still)
2. Nashville Junior High (Even though the streak is over, they are still a solid #2)
3. Bauxite (4.2-4.3 speed at all the skill positions)
4. Rivercrest (I just like their posters, cocky and have a chip on their shoulder)
5. Pee Ridge (They should have won state the last 2 years, duh)
6. $hiloh (Good sophomore recruiting class and just installed workout facility from Rocky IV, Ivan's, not Rocky)
7. Prairie Grove (always improve after the close line fair)
8. Warren (best player in the state but they can't put 11 on the field, so sad)
9. Joe T (because they can hang with Chickendale and beat Rogers, the Elkins of the 7A or maybe even Berryville)
10.  Nashville  (because the Scrappers rhymes with Crappers)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on September 06, 2018, 01:02:36 pm
This looks better-

2. Nashville Junior High (Even though the streak is over, they are still a solid #2)
4. Rivercrest (I just like their posters, cocky and have a chip on their shoulder)
6. $hiloh (Good sophomore recruiting class and just installed workout facility from Rocky IV, Ivan's, not Rocky)
9. Joe T (because they can hang with Chickendale and beat Rogers, the Elkins of the 7A or maybe even Berryville)

with those explanations it makes perfect sense. GREAT JOB! ;D

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on September 06, 2018, 01:02:36 pm
This looks better-

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa... the Scrappers Jr high streak is over?

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 06, 2018, 02:15:16 pm
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa... the Scrappers Jr high streak is over?

Yes it is...  Go check out the JR high board...

scrapman

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on September 06, 2018, 02:16:58 pm
Yes it is...  Go check out the JR high board...
This is great. I'm from Nashville and didn't even realize there was a JR High board....or I forgot about it.

scrapman

Quote from: scrapman on September 06, 2018, 03:02:26 pm
This is great. I'm from Nashville and didn't even realize there was a JR High board....or I forgot about it.
Nevermind...looked back and I have posted on it before. Must have slipped my mind.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 06, 2018, 09:30:42 am

Haha strong right out of the gate.  Love that scene, and love that .gif.

jimbojack

1) Warren—skill players are phenomenal.  QB is athletic, experienced and is spinning it really well this year.  Most depth on defense than I can remember in the Bo era.  O-line has been a pleasant surprise for the Jack's.  Best special teams in Bo's era.  Has the chance to be Warren's best team ever, as well.
2) Joe T- starts with the d-line for me. Scary good.  O-line also appears loaded.  Well-coached and best recruiting in the state.  Also wear the cutest t-shirts.
3) Arkadelphia- what a non-conference schedule.  Don't let the record fool you.  They are still the champs.  QB is the real deal.  RB is solid. Also well coached.
4) Batesville SS- they play really hard. Good size, but they lack team speed. Really liked RB and WR(9- I think).
5) Dumas— tremendous skill guys.  Think Warren-lite. 
6)Shiloh
7) Rivercrest
8) Nashville
9)Gosnell
10) Pottsville.

STUNNA

Quote from: jimbojack on September 06, 2018, 08:48:20 pm
1) Warren—skill players are phenomenal.  QB is athletic, experienced and is spinning it really well this year.  Most depth on defense than I can remember in the Bo era.  O-line has been a pleasant surprise for the Jack's.  Best special teams in Bo's era.  Has the chance to be Warren's best team ever, as well.
2) Joe T- starts with the d-line for me. Scary good.  O-line also appears loaded.  Well-coached and best recruiting in the state.  Also wear the cutest t-shirts.
3) Arkadelphia- what a non-conference schedule.  Don't let the record fool you.  They are still the champs.  QB is the real deal.  RB is solid. Also well coached.
4) Batesville SS- they play really hard. Good size, but they lack team speed. Really liked RB and WR(9- I think).
5) Dumas— tremendous skill guys.  Think Warren-lite. 
6)Shiloh
7) Rivercrest
8) Nashville
9)Gosnell
10) Pottsville.

I think this Warren team is gonna be very very good by the end of the season. But that 2001 team will be hard to ever pass IMO.

Lizard47

1.   Warren
2.   Rivercrest
3.   Joe T. Robinson
4.   Bauxite
5.   Nashville
6.   Dardanelle
8.   Dumas
9.   Pottsville
10.   Fountain Lake

Mike, I appreciate your faith in us at # 6 but I think we have a lot of proving to do first. We have a tough one at PG tonight, an open week and then Pottsville. That will end up shedding some light on our situation. If we pass both of those tests then I think it might be ok to slip us into the top ten but there are a lot of good teams out there and I think some are being overlooked. I won't be truly satisfied until we clinch the 4 and I know Ozark will have something to say about that.

Lizard47

Wow, maybe you were more aware than I thought. We are past PG and getting healthy and ready in the open week for our conference opener with Pottsville who happens to be hosting PG this week. Lizards are off to a good start, I hope it continues.

BigGuy22

Pea Ridge dominated Farmington 42-0! I think you better reconsider that top ten list

CapnObvious

Pottsville also lost to PG who lost to Dardanelle so .... 🤔

Lizard47

We will host Pottsville next week and sort them out. They got shut out by PG at home, we scored 35 at PG and held them to 17. Pea Ridge is one of those teams I thought was missing from this top ten. They certainly made a case for that this week. It's still early but as some of these teams lose and fall away it will start to shake out a little.

Coltfan2005

Beating a team who hasn't had a winning season in 5 years means something?

Lizard47

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 15, 2018, 08:47:37 am
Beating a team who hasn't had a winning season in 5 years means something?

I stand corrected. Thought I heard Farmington was supposed to be good. Saw that PR drummed them and got the wrong idea. Also did not realize they had 2 losses.already. In lieu of this realization they are stricken from my top ten consideration. Man the 4A-1 is down this year.

prHOG13

Quote from: Lizard47 on September 15, 2018, 09:11:03 am
I stand corrected. Thought I heard Farmington was supposed to be good. Saw that PR drummed them and got the wrong idea. Also did not realize they had 2 losses.already. In lieu of this realization they are stricken from my top ten consideration. Man the 4A-1 is down this year.
Pea Ridges losses are to two good 5A teams in Harrison (title contender) and Maumelle. The offense is starting to click since the 2nd half of the Maumelle game.

nuttinbuthogs

PR, PG and Shiloh have played a pretty solid noncon season.  We will see how things go now that conference play begins.

RyanLR

I just don't know enough about Rivercrest to say whether or not they can come in from 3A and be in the top 5 off the jump.

Coltfan2005

I personally would not have started them off in the top 5 but would have had them at #6. That's because there are only 5 4A teams that really impress me.

bigchief72455

I will just have to go with until proven otherwise. They are legit champions and have very strong track record at winning big games. Just have to see how it goes for them 3-0 so far against 2 5A and 1 3A .

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Ghs21 on September 06, 2018, 10:16:34 am
they won't beat gosnell

So far, every Arkansas team they have played has beat Gosnell.

bigchief72455

SUGARTOWN

At this point it's Warren and Joe T. and nobody else is close.

SouthsideSouthernerDad

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on September 17, 2018, 07:42:28 pm
At this point it's Warren and Joe T. and nobody else is close.

Collision course.

bigchief72455

IDK I keep hearing Green Forest is in the mix.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas