• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood @ Southside

Started by High Voltage, September 03, 2018, 08:50:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins?

Southside
23 (57.5%)
Greenwood
17 (42.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: September 10, 2018, 08:50:07 am

High Voltage

So, does SS finally do it? Does Bait get bragging rights for one whole year and can we live with him?  ;D

My prediction, Southside by 21+.

Southside- 42
GW - 14

RD™

Interested to see how Bulldogs bounce back. Talked to a few Northside alum buddies. That win was huge for them. The players had it circled all summer. I want to see what adjustments are made this week especially at QB. I don't think Holt is the answer at the QB position. With that said...who is the backup?

Some uncharacteristic things last week:
-WRs not blocking and sealing off the edges especially tunnels screens
-RBs and the Wheel Route and dropping wide open throws

I like the defense they held their own, they just ran out of gas against Northside.

Should be interesting, I'm going to see Mavs take it by 7.

CJ7

Southside will run on Greenwood and control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. SHS 31 GHS 14 

PA Dad

I'm going against the grain.  Jones will work out the problems this week.  GW will win a very close game by scoring in the last two minutes for the win.

grizz

Quote from: RD™ on September 03, 2018, 12:31:09 pm
Interested to see how Bulldogs bounce back. Talked to a few Northside alum buddies. That win was huge for them. The players had it circled all summer. I want to see what adjustments are made this week especially at QB. I don't think Holt is the answer at the QB position. With that said...who is the backup?

Some uncharacteristic things last week:
-WRs not blocking and sealing off the edges especially tunnels screens
-RBs and the Wheel Route and dropping wide open throws

I like the defense they held their own, they just ran out of gas against Northside.

Should be interesting, I'm going to see Mavs take it by 7.

Your O-line got massacred and provided almost zero protection, but you want to replace your highly mobile QB that (along with your field goal quicker) managed to keep the score respectable?

Geez, good insight, buddy.  lol

PS:  SHS is the circled game every year.  That never changes.

The Future

My team biasness tells me Greenwood can sneak another win past the Mavs.
My gut however is saying otherwise.

I'll just go with a margin of victory of less than 14.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

September 04, 2018, 09:34:48 am #6 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:47:33 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

RD™

Quote from: grizz on September 03, 2018, 09:23:23 pm
Your O-line got massacred and provided almost zero protection, but you want to replace your highly mobile QB that (along with your field goal quicker) managed to keep the score respectable?

Hey sheetforbrains...did I say Southside replaced Greenwood as THE GAME. No I said they had it circled as they really wanted this one as well. I am sure the Grizzlies have the Mavericks circled in November as well.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: grizz on September 03, 2018, 09:23:23 pm

They might not have anybody better, but Holt is not a QB.

sssuperpantherfan2

GW usually rebounds well after a loss, SS will have their hands full and if they are not as good as NS, I expect GW good get the win.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

September 04, 2018, 02:00:08 pm #10 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:47:46 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Oldbadger

Hey, would someone direct me to a Greenwood thread? Trying to find out about them but noone seems to post anything!lol

tomdawg55

Holy Molly GW has lost a game
C Jones has lost his fire
Looks like a 2/8 season
My o my
We will need to circle the wagons and decide if we hire a new coach after next week or wait it out
What a decision !!!!!!!??????!!!!
Hope it all works out 

catfish1

If SS doesn't win this year they may never win again if GW doesn't find an oline it's gonna be a long year

7AFBFAN

Quote from: catfish1 on September 05, 2018, 07:46:11 pm
If SS doesn't win this year they may never win again if GW doesn't find an oline it's gonna be a long year

So this year is the best team SS will ever have and the worst one GW will ever have? All of this based on one game? Ok carry on.

grizz

Quote from: RD™ on September 04, 2018, 09:56:44 am
Hey sheetforbrains...did I say Southside replaced Greenwood as THE GAME. No I said they had it circled as they really wanted this one as well. I am sure the Grizzlies have the Mavericks circled in November as well.

No.  What you *did* say is that Greenwood needs to replace Holt at QB.  Do you even realize that their backup looks like he is running in concrete?  Have you watched your team play this year?
Holt is highly mobile and got sacked a bunch.  But you want to replace him with a non-mobile QB behind your porous O-line.

Hope you don't coach for a living.  Your insight is really bad.

grizz

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on September 04, 2018, 09:34:48 am
Oh geez, you finally win a meaningful game and all the NS trolls come out.   

If you seriously think Coach RJ won't figure this out, then you're more of an idiot than you appear to be.  Noone in their right mind thinks that this GW team will look like this all year.  Just stay quiet and watch grasshoppa!

On a different note, I think this loss might be good for GW.  They were way over confident with their win against Fayetteville in the scrimmage the prior week.  Also, they thought that having a ring from last year meant something going into this year.  I think the loss to NS, and how they got beat, was a wake up call.  We'll see if it works.

Don't care what you look like the rest of the year.  You got spanked, sweetheart.

Hilarious to see you you still hanging on to a scrimmage "win".  Keep hanging on, bubba.

catfish1

Well we're just not used to loosing to FS Schools can't be dominate every year . But with Jones it's always interesting!!!!

7AFBFAN

Quote from: catfish1 on September 07, 2018, 04:26:35 am
Well we're just not used to loosing to FS Schools can't be dominate every year . But with Jones it's always interesting!!!!

I don't think GW is used to losing at all. Maybe last week will be the motivation they need or I know this is far fetched but just maybe NS was that good and GW still is a very good team. I personally think the latter and GW is still the team to beat in 6A. Non conference as you guys have preached over the years is meaningless for that goal. Good luck tonight!

Pr8hd

September 07, 2018, 09:16:41 am #19 Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 09:19:04 am by Pr8hd
My .02 cents. FWIW

I thought going into this year it had the potential to be a "down" year by GW standards a bit like 2014. After losing so much off what was one of GW's best teams ever basically, I figured it might be tough sledding to replace all that was lost. Plus,on top of that, losing the 3 yr starter in Barlow at receiver certainly compounded things.

Honestly, I figured we could lose to one or both of the FS schools. Both FS schools were young last year and returned dangerous QB's. GW had to move it's best playmaker to QB. Add in the fact that GW boatraced both FS teams last year by a combined 83-7, certainly gives adequate incentive for payback for both teams as well as to get the south Sebastian monkey off their backs. After all, GW still owns a series edge over both in the 2000's  (5-3 over NS and 7-1 over SS).

GW needs to right the ship with a big win this week over SS and extend the streak over them to 7 in a row, which is a little surreal. GW has only lost the opener 3 times under Jones ( 3 straight years as a 5A team from 2007-2009 to Southside and Springdale HarBer twice ). They have never lost the first 2 opening games of the season to start 0-2 under Jones, and they have only lost back to back games in a season twice in his tenure. So, they are not used to losing and have had zero losing seasons in CRJ's 14 year tenure.

Good luck to both teams tonight.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

September 07, 2018, 10:57:59 am #20 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:48:04 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Baitshop

September 07, 2018, 01:43:12 pm #21 Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 01:45:39 pm by Baitshop
Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on September 07, 2018, 10:57:59 am
Have you taken an English Comp class?  Comp is short for "COMPREHENSION".  Which you obviously have no understanding of.  Nowhere in my thread did I mention, much less allude to, "hanging on to" a scrimmage win.  You are the poster child for the need for contraception!

"On a different note, I think this loss might be good for GW.  They were way over confident with their WIN against Fayetteville in the scrimmage the prior week."

Only the self-proclaimed intellectual elite from the UofG consider the results of a scrimmage as a "win"....

Either way, your "win" over Fayetteville didn't seem to impress the Grizzlies last Friday night...

#homeyhammerhonkyhineys

BTW Charlie, enjoy you time here on the board, I am sure if your Bulldogs go down tonite that you won't be seen again until next season.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

September 07, 2018, 03:01:44 pm #22 Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 10:48:15 am by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

blueandwhite

If memory serves me correctly the last time Northside beat Greenwood week 1, Greenwood went undefeated the rest of the year and won a state championship.

CJ7

This is the first time I ever said this publicly.....but my kiddo is now a Maverick! Go Mavs! Go Mavs! Go Mavs! Go Mavs! That wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be. 

Suzuki Libation Nation

Rumor has it Holt is being moved from QB to Left tackle this week as this will keep the new qb from being sacked on his blind side as Holt is a beast on the line. In Little League he made All-State 8 years in a row at Left tackle and extra point holder. Here's my prediction with this new development:
Grindforest    38
Mouthside      21

Brian G

I'm very tempted to go with Greenwood here, but I'll go with Southside.
Greenwood 41
Southside 34

Pr8hd

Quote from: blueandwhite on September 07, 2018, 03:13:58 pm
If memory serves me correctly the last time Northside beat Greenwood week 1, Greenwood went undefeated the rest of the year and won a state championship.

GW had Josh Bell that year...one of the most exciting playmakers they have ever had IMO. They also had a pretty salty defense. Holt would be the closest thing they have to Bell on this team, but Bell was unbelievable.

It's def been done before though, no doubt. History shows that. GW's always been about execution, they do that, they always got a shot even against teams with superior size or talent.

Hornet4ever

The last drive by Greenwood looked good. Aside from the near fumble from Holt.

FBGFDRUM

September 07, 2018, 08:27:51 pm #29 Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 08:55:39 pm by FBGFDRUM
What's the point of a star player if said star player misses nearly half the game puking their guts up on the sideline?

Baitshop

I'm assuming that the Mavericks are back in the locker room reloading the gun that they keep shooting themselves in the foot with...🤨

grizz

Quote from: DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam on September 07, 2018, 10:57:59 am
Have you taken an English Comp class?  Comp is short for "COMPREHENSION".  Which you obviously have no understanding of.  Nowhere in my thread did I mention, much less allude to, "hanging on to" a scrimmage win.  You are the poster child for the need for contraception!

You were bragging about a three week old scrimmage "win" (your words - not mine) in the second week of the regular season.

So, yeah, I would say you were hanging on to it.  Any reasonable person would draw the same conclusion.

And then your team got physically manhandled and whipped.  That's where your real buthurt comes from.

grizz

Mavs get out coached again.  Good job to Greenwood and it's staff.  Southside deserves a better staff.

Hornet4ever

Completely different Greenwood this week.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: PA Dad on September 03, 2018, 08:51:07 pm
I'm going against the grain.  Jones will work out the problems this week.  GW will win a very close game by scoring in the last two minutes for the win.

Got it all correct but the close part.

FBGFDRUM

PA Dad

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 07, 2018, 10:01:19 pm
Got it all correct but the close part.

Yep.  I'm not surprised GW won but I am surprised by the margin.

CRJ is just too good a coach.  I was confident he would get the mistakes corrected.

I watched most of the game.  SS has a good team.  They just made too many mistakes.  I think they will have a good season.

I still think GW is the favorite in 6A.

Baitshop

Well, it looks like my old team still has my new teams number.

Congratulations to the players coaches and fans of the Bulldogs.

As they say, there's always next year....

Pr8hd

September 07, 2018, 10:29:28 pm #38 Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 10:39:20 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: grizz on September 07, 2018, 09:54:42 pm
You were bragging about a three week old scrimmage "win" (your words - not mine) in the second week of the regular season.

And then your team got physically manhandled and whipped.  That's where your real buthurt comes from.

Grizz, I'd say enjoy your win and move on. I can see where 1 win every 4 years or so over GW, deserves to be shouted from the mountain tops and at least you have that on SS. It was nothing like the "Deliverance" style woodshed beating the Grizzlies got the year before , remember that one ? 34-7 and that 7 was scored way late against the back ups? Now, that's a manhandling that would make Ned Beatty jealous and he's a man that knew what a colonoscopy meant.

Here's some advice, do something with your talent and go beat a Cabot, Bryant, or NLR (the defending champ) in your conference and contend for a state title. Be relevant again in football in the state of Arkansas. Pretty sure that is something NS hasn't done or been in a long, long time. 

If you don't, then you will always have the win over GW to look back on fondly. Do they make rings for that ???  Heck, I remember when a win over GW meant nothing back in the day. Now, its like shares of Amazon purchased at initial offering or something the way you are parading around. It's one game, NS played better and won. It'll mean nothing though if you don't do squat in 7A.

Pr8hd

September 07, 2018, 10:32:12 pm #39 Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 10:38:17 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: Baitshop on September 07, 2018, 10:11:11 pm
Well, it looks like my old team still has my new teams number.

Congratulations to the players coaches and fans of the Bulldogs.

As they say, there's always next year....

What happened to Savoy exactly? SS was hurting GW while he was in. He went out and SS was a different team of sorts. Hopefully, nothing serious.

New jumbotron was a nice addition. Best of luck rest of the way to the Mavs and fans.

BTW, FASDogs is open to SS kids as well.  ;D

Bigfootdogfan

Someone recently said it's hard to give up old habits, I guess that goes for the Mavs. Vs GW. Oh, but there is always next year right Bait???? Hehehe!!! Just messing with you bait. It would have been a different game if SS running back had not gone out. Hope he is ok. I think SS will still have a good season. GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!

High Voltage

Boy this didn't turn out like I thought. Southside needs conditioning in the worst way. Like I said last week, NS would beat Greenwood 9 or 10 out of 10 times. GW would beat Southside 10 outta 10 times. I have said it for years, SS kids deserve better. Prove me wrong! ;)
@bringbacklunney

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on September 07, 2018, 01:43:12 pm
"On a different note, I think this loss might be good for GW.  They were way over confident with their WIN against Fayetteville in the scrimmage the prior week."

Only the self-proclaimed intellectual elite from the UofG consider the results of a scrimmage as a "win"....

Either way, your "win" over Fayetteville didn't seem to impress the Grizzlies last Friday night...

#homeyhammerhonkyhineys

BTW Charlie, enjoy you time here on the board, I am sure if your Bulldogs go down tonite that you won't be seen again until next season.

Hmmmmm, boy what I could do here, but the loss is bad enough I guess.

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on September 07, 2018, 08:44:31 pm
I'm assuming that the Mavericks are back in the locker room reloading the gun that they keep shooting themselves in the foot with...🤨
Excuses, excuses, Greenwood had their own gun also.

PA Dad

I read the complaints about Holt last week.  I assume Holt is No. 3?  If so, I don't understand the complaints.  He looked like a controlled, polished quarterback tonight.

grizz

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 07, 2018, 10:29:28 pm
Grizz, I'd say enjoy your win and move on. I can see where 1 win every 4 years or so over GW, deserves to be shouted from the mountain tops and at least you have that on SS. It was nothing like the "Deliverance" style woodshed beating the Grizzlies got the year before , remember that one ? 34-7 ? Now, that's a manhandling that would make Ned Beatty jealous and he's a man that knew what a colonoscopy meant.

So, are you saying you are fan of gay sex?  That is pretty sick, dude, but you do you (or some other dude).  I guess?  I don't even know what to say about such a weird post.  But hey, congrats on coming out of the closet.

Here's some advice, do something with your talent and go beat a Cabot, Bryant, or NLR (the defending champ) in your conference and contend for a state title. Be relevant again in football in the state of Arkansas. Pretty sure that is something NS hasn't done or been in a long, long time. 

Hold on to your little gay cheeks.  We will do exactly that.

If you don't, then you will always have the win over GW to look back on fondly. Do they make rings for that ???  Heck, I remember when a win over GW meant nothing back in the day. Now, its like shares of Amazon purchased at initial offering or something the way you are parading around. It's one game, NS played better and won. It'll mean nothing though if you don't do squat in 7A.

It isn't really special because Greenwood is pretty terrible.  Did you guys even try to field an offensive line this year?  Peyton Holt deserves better than that.  Looking forward to watching his senior baseball season.

By the way...  From looking at both rosters this year, you are going to have the sads again this time next year.
Until then, enjoy your weak rear 6A schedule this year. 

grizz

Quote from: High Voltage on September 07, 2018, 10:36:49 pm
Boy this didn't turn out like I thought. Southside needs conditioning in the worst way. Like I said last week, NS would beat Greenwood 9 or 10 out of 10 times. GW would beat Southside 10 outta 10 times. I have said it for years, SS kids deserve better. Prove me wrong! ;)
@bringbacklunney

This is very true.  For many, many years, SHS had a huge coaching advantage with Lunney. Northside has the distinct advantage now.  It isn't even close.  Falleur is good.  Williams seems lazy.

Pr8hd

September 07, 2018, 10:59:20 pm #47 Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 11:12:16 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: grizz on September 07, 2018, 10:44:21 pm
It isn't really special because Greenwood is pretty terrible.  Did you guys even try to field an offensive line this year?  Peyton Holt deserves better than that.  Looking forward to watching his senior baseball season.

By the way...  From looking at both rosters this year, you are going to have the sads again this time next year.
Until then, enjoy your weak rear 6A schedule this year. 

The weakest thing here is your comebacks and your obvious issues with sexual identity. Keep in mind you brought up the manhandle and "buthurt" first. I just painted a clearer analogy for you without calling into terms a person's sexual preferences that will likely result in this post getting locked down. I am married to a pretty hot looking woman btw, but thanks for the suggestions. Try Tinder or Farmers Only to meet your own needs. Whatever that may be. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Until then, I guess I am in my "sads", but not saddened or anything if that is what that means? We just beat SS for the 7th time in a row. Can you all say that?? I mean I know back when my dad was at NS, those teams could, but that is a long, long time ago. A good 40-50 years ago. I know he was pretty embarrassed by what NS had become prior to his passing.

Baitshop

Quote from: High Voltage on September 07, 2018, 10:39:21 pm
Excuses, excuses, Greenwood had their own gun also.

No excuses here, you don't give up 52 points and then make excuses.

I think that tonite, for GW, was the polar opposite of last week against NS. Last week GW couldn't make big plays when they needed to and NS made lots of big plays to keep drives alive and big tackles in space to keep GW from continuing drives. This week GW made all the big plays in crucial times and SS didn't.

I was thrilled when #63 graduated last year. The last two #63's that GW has had have absolutely lived in our back field. Well, low and behold, GW's #51 is our new regular guest in our backfield. The kid played a great game and disrupted our offense continually.

I do think that losing Savoy in the 1st half was a difference maker for SS, but again, we couldn't stop #2 with a bazooka, plus GW is playing with their best WR at QB and Barlow out for the game. No excuses, we just didn't get it done PERIOD.

Again, there's alway next year....I hope.

Bigfootdogfan

Grizz, you have posted what 12 post, and each one you post makes you look more and more foolish. Take your win and go climb back under the rock you came out from under. You have nothing to add to this forum.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas