• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Conference predictions

Started by ZestyJester, August 31, 2018, 01:42:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ZestyJester

Basketball season is still a couple months away but lets get some preseason talk going. Theres new conferences everywhere so lets try and pick the finish for each of them.

In case you dont know here are the new conferences

3a1w
Cedarville
Charleston
Elkins
Greenland
Lincoln
Mansfield
Waldron
Westfork

3a1e
Bergman
Clinton
Green forest
Marshall
Mtn view
Rose bud
Valley springs

3a3
Corning
Gosnell
Hoxie
Manila
Osceola
Piggott
Rivervrest
Truman
Walnut Ridge

3a2
Bald knob
Cave city
Cedar Ridge
Harding academy
Harrisburg
Newport
Palestine Wheatley
Riverview
Tuckerman

3a5
Baptist prep
Cac
Ecs
Glenn rose
Haskell harmony Grove
Jax lighthouse
Lisa academy
Mayflower

3a8
West Helena central
DeWitt
Dollar way
Drew central
Dumas
Lakeside lv
McGehee
Rison

3a7
Ashdown
Bismarck
Centerpoint
Fouke
Genoa central
Prescott
Smackover

3a4
Atkins
Booneville
Fountain lake
Jesseville
Lamar
Paris
Perryville
Two rivers

ZestyJester

3a1w I got

1. Charleston
2. Elkins
3. Waldron
4. Cedarville
5. West fork
6. Mansfield
7. Lincoln
8. Greenland

And 3a4 I have

1. Booneville
2. Jesseville
3. Fountain lake
4. Two Rivers
5. Lamar
6. Paris
7. Perryville
8. Atkins

ballmember

If this is boys Clinton should win 3a1e

baller334

3A-3
Osceola
Rivercrest
Manila
Trumann
Corning
Gosnell
Piggot
Hoxie
Walnut Ridge

CTEPirateFan

3a8 - Boys (I know almost nothing about the girls)

Drew Central
McGehee
Dumas
West Helena Central
Dollarway
Lakeside - LV
Rison
DeWitt

Top 4 can probably play out in any order with Dollarway and LV with the chance to surprise a team in the District Tournament depending on what team shows up to the game.

Brucewayne

LRRandy

bobcats

September 03, 2018, 07:24:28 pm #7 Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 07:27:14 pm by bobcats
3A-1E

1. Clinton
2. Bergman
3. Valley
4. Marshall
5. Mtn View
6. Green Forest
7. Rose Bud

The top 4 should be real competitive.

LeftyWorld

Can we talk about the 3a5 for a minute?? Why not just put those 3 public schools somewhere else and let all the private or whatever you want to call them battle it out in their own conference?? I mean one maybe 2 in a conference is acceptable but 5!  :o

Head Lion

Better yet, do like Tennessee and have a strictly private school division.

ZestyJester

Quote from: LeftyWorld on September 03, 2018, 08:35:53 pm
Can we talk about the 3a5 for a minute?? Why not just put those 3 public schools somewhere else and let all the private or whatever you want to call them battle it out in their own conference?? I mean one maybe 2 in a conference is acceptable but 5!  :o

I got a buddy in booneville been complaining bout that very thing. I guess their in the same region and even though they've got one of their best teams maybe ever they may not make state because of that conference. Shame.

teachers pet

Booneville is in 3A-4, no private schools.

bobcats

Quote from: teachers pet on September 04, 2018, 02:55:23 pm
Booneville is in 3A-4, no private schools.

I'm pretty sure he was referring to Booneville's region.

bobcats

I know Charleston and Elkins are expected to be the best in the 3A-1W, can anyone provide any information on what to expect from the other teams in this conference?

lostintheweeds

Who will the 3A1w play in their Regional matchup?

bobcats

ZestyJester

Quote from: bobcats on September 04, 2018, 06:50:38 pm
I'm pretty sure he was referring to Booneville's region.
Yeah Booneville will have to play baptist and ecs and them in region. Bville is a big favorite in district but that other conference looks awfuly good.

ZestyJester

Quote from: bobcats on September 04, 2018, 06:58:15 pm
I know Charleston and Elkins are expected to be the best in the 3A-1W, can anyone provide any information on what to expect from the other teams in this conference?
Waldron has one of the best scorers in the state Payton Brown. Slim pickins for the rest of the confrence though.

bobcats

Quote from: LeftyWorld on September 03, 2018, 08:35:53 pm

Just put HA with that conference and I believe all the private 3A schools would be together.  But that would make too much common sense.

bobcats

Quote from: ZestyJester on September 05, 2018, 08:56:05 am
Waldron has one of the best scorers in the state Payton Brown. Slim pickins for the rest of the confrence though.

I dont know anything about WF last year, but I can tell you with Coach Drennan they will play hard and if he has the players they will play fast.

ZestyJester

Im not as up on the girls teams round here but

In 1w I figure the defending champ's will be big faves. Elkins and Greenland maybe?

4 seems pretty stacked

1. Two Rivers
2. LamAR
3. Jesseville
4. Perryville
5. Paris
6. Atkins
7. Booneville

I don't know nothing about FL girls

BigFoot

3a7

1. Ashdown
2. Prescott
3. Fouke
4. Centerpoint
5. Genoa Central
6. Smackover
7. Bismarck

New boys coach expects to win at LEAST 15 games with the boys here at Fouke. Calls for either some easy games early, or a solid district record. Expecting the former, hoping for the latter.

RamblinRazorWreck

Lighthouse & Lisa are PUBLIC Charter schools and have nothing out of the ordinary to be afraid of (the really good basketball players Lighthouse had left for what they must have thought were greener pastures).  Episcopal has lost several really good players the last two years and I heard they are playing 8 man football because of low enrollment.  CAC has been down in boys basketball & football for a couple of years. 

Baptist Prep has one player over 6'-2", ZERO recruits, and has the enrollment and facilities of a typical small 2A school.  They won their first football game in two years last Friday night on a last second 25+ yard pass play.  Yes, they have a kid being recruited to play basketball at Kansas and has an offer from the Hogs, but he has been going to school at Baptist since Elementary school.  He is a kid worthy of all due respect and someone that folks all across Arkansas should be proud to watch play the GAME.

Why all the wailing and gnashing of teeth? 

Private and Charter school kids are just kids.  They are not Superhuman.  If anything, many Private school kids are soft and pampered.  Although, some are very hard workers with families that provide loads of support.  Why harbor animosity towards that?  Their biggest advantage is usually being in the same system for 7, 8, 9 years or so.  Again, why begrudge them for that?  A lot of small schools in Arkansas have the opportunity to develop players just like that.  Although I can also tell you that Issac McBride and Christyn Williams became the players they are with individual hard work that went WAY beyond what their respective Private School programs provided.

If you have evidence that someone is breaking the rules, report it!  They deserve to be sanctioned, if they are cheating.

The AAA selected the conferences.  Don't hold that against the individual schools and certainly not against the kids.  Tell your own Superintendant and AD to try to do something about it, if you think something is unfair. The member schools ARE the AAA.

bobcats

Wow, we have gotten off topic on this thread.

ZestyJester

Well in my opinion recruiting is a bigger problem at public schools. Theres a few schools around here I could name.....

Bergman1820

3A Region 1 East Girls
Mtn view (Lost a lot last season, but still a lot of talent)
Marshall (Those sophomores are now juniors)
Valley Springs (New head coach)
Bergman (Only 10 on the team this year. This might be to high of a ranking.)
Rose bud (New to the conference)
Green forest (Better than last year)
Clinton (A finish at the bottom this season)

Karmakid

Bearcatpride

Quote from: ZestyJester on September 05, 2018, 08:54:18 am
Yeah Booneville will have to play baptist and ecs and them in region. Bville is a big favorite in district but that other conference looks awfuly good.
Booneville's Boys do have a very strong team this season and as long as they stay level headed and play like they have been through the summer, they will be a very tough team in 3A this season.  You won't find many teams in the 3A level that has a starting lineup of 6', 6'3", 6'4.5", 6'5" and 6'9".  This team has been breaking school records in all areas since the 9th grade and will continue that through this season.  Already have Logan Bradley 6'9" C/PF SR that has 3 Offers and still talking with approx. 35 other colleges.  Blakely Cobb 6'4.5" F SR and I believe Grant Goers 6'3" G/F SR also have colleges looking at them currently.  This is definitely a Booneville Basketball team that will be remembered for quite a long time.

TheGovernor

Haven't posted in  a while, very had to predict with the conferences changing every two years! Basketball rivalries just aren't the same, regardless I'm looking forward to following some teams in 3a

PapaHog

Why are y'all ranking Fouke so high? Be realistic, please.

paramount

3A-3

Rivercrest
Osceola
Manila
Trumann
Gosnell
Corning
Walnut Ridge
Piggott
Hoxie

Missco

Manila
Osceola
Truman
Rivercrest
Gosnell
Corning
Piggott
Walnut Ridge
Hoxie

AmericanMan30

Quote from: Bearcatpride on September 08, 2018, 11:38:59 am
Booneville's Boys do have a very strong team this season and as long as they stay level headed and play like they have been through the summer, they will be a very tough team in 3A this season.  You won't find many teams in the 3A level that has a starting lineup of 6', 6'3", 6'4.5", 6'5" and 6'9".  This team has been breaking school records in all areas since the 9th grade and will continue that through this season.  Already have Logan Bradley 6'9" C/PF SR that has 3 Offers and still talking with approx. 35 other colleges.  Blakely Cobb 6'4.5" F SR and I believe Grant Goers 6'3" G/F SR also have colleges looking at them currently.  This is definitely a Booneville Basketball team that will be remembered for quite a long time.
Sometimes when records are so low, an okay team can break a ton of them. Boonville is a football school that should win it all this year. Their basketball team is huge for 3a yes, but should not make it past regionals. Sorry for the delay on this post.

501Arkansas

Osceola will be tough again this year

AmericanMan30

They seem to be tough every year.

ISU7

CoolBreeze

Tuckerman will be the odds-on favorite to win the 3A-2, but who will provide their closest competition?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 26, 2018, 12:28:12 pm
Tuckerman will be the odds-on favorite to win the 3A-2, but who will provide their closest competition?
Harding Academy may challenge Tuckerman for dominance. The Wildcats have won 4 straight after a  one-point opening loss at 4A Lonoke. Note: Harding had only finished football only 9 days earlier and Lonoke had played 3 previous games.

biglion1985

How well do you think the 3A-2 will stack up against the 3A-3 this year in regionals

Missco

3A- 3 will win 3 to 1 in first round but could be a sweep.

officialvsfan

This is only a 3 team race.
1). VS
2). Clinton
3). Bergman

Other 4 are really really weak this year.

Quote from: bobcats on September 03, 2018, 07:24:28 pm
3A-1E

1. Clinton
2. Bergman
3. Valley
4. Marshall
5. Mtn View
6. Green Forest
7. Rose Bud

The top 4 should be real competitive.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas