• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Hope break the 0-21 streak this year ?

Started by Hoghead2, July 31, 2018, 07:26:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoghead2

Hope hasn't won a game since beating Blytheville in the 2015 State Playoffs. New Coach Phillip Turner has a huge task in getting the Bobcats back up to speed. Is 0-31 on the horizon ?

Maynard G Krebs

Ouch.  Surely they will win a game this year

Lumberjackfan1978

I think they get in the win column this year

JessieP

I hope they do but if they don't than all the respect in the world to them. They practice all summer and after school. They miss out on social activities just like the kids who go 11-1 do. They sacrifice and work hard for the love of the game. They realise it's just high school football, it's supposed to be fun. If you live and die for wins only than you have seriously messed up priorities. The kids at Hope love playing football and I myself love them for that. At the end of the day if they finish 2018 riding a 31 game losing streak, it really doesn't matter. It's just high school football.

Hoghead2

I surely hope the Bobcats can end this streak. Let's kick it off !!!!

Str8thug

August 01, 2018, 07:49:02 pm #5 Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 07:50:48 pm by Str8thug
Hope looking a lot better, probably not a Playoff contender, but I can see possibly 2 conference wins

Hogman2018

I think they win a couple of games this year I seen them in a team camp earlier!

HeberFan

Quote from: Hoghead2 on July 31, 2018, 07:26:06 pm
Hope hasn't won a game since beating Blytheville in the 2015 State Playoffs. New Coach Phillip Turner has a huge task in getting the Bobcats back up to speed. Is 0-31 on the horizon ?

The Bobcats will scratch out several wins. See what I did there????

Neckred

Quote from: Str8thug on August 01, 2018, 07:49:02 pm
Hope looking a lot better, probably not a Playoff contender, but I can see possibly 2 conference wins
Who could they possibly beat?

Hogman2018

razorbackufo

they might win 1 maybe 2 , but doubtful,   coach turner haS  COACHED THE BOBCATS BEFORE, they have too many 2 way players, something has happened to this high school program, but im not going to say.   look at the turnout for overall total players, for the last 3 years-- terrible, some are going to springhill.  like i said they have way to many players playing both ways,  from about 60 to 25 players plus

Hoghead2

Quote from: razorbackufo on August 31, 2018, 10:42:00 pm
they might win 1 maybe 2 , but doubtful,   coach turner haS  COACHED THE BOBCATS BEFORE, they have too many 2 way players, something has happened to this high school program, but im not going to say.   look at the turnout for overall total players, for the last 3 years-- terrible, some are going to springhill.  like i said they have way to many players playing both ways,  from about 60 to 25 players plus

Coach Phillip Turner played at Hope. He's never been the head coach. His Uncle Johnny Turner was the Head Coach at Hope.
0-22 is here. Let's beat Ashdown  !!!!

scrapman

Just a bad situation over there right now. I love our rivalry but not sure how much longer we should continue to play. Over the last three years we have outscored them 184-40. This year was probably the worse game I have seen in a long time as far as one team overmatching another. I hope Coach Turner gets it going and they can become competitive again.

razorbackufo

u are right hog head 2,       forgot the 2 turners,    hey, maybee these bobcats can beat ashdown,,  go bobcats

Hoghead2

Quote from: razorbackufo on September 01, 2018, 06:19:23 pm
u are right hog head 2,       forgot the 2 turners,    hey, maybee these bobcats can beat ashdown,,  go bobcats
Actually 3 Turners. Coach Johnny Turner's son Jonathan is on the HHS Staff too with his cousin Phillip.

HeberFan

Hoghead2

Ashdown  48
Hope 14
0-23 is in the books. Doesn't  Waldron or Winslow have the record for most consecutive losses ? I think Waldron lost 47 in a row.  Anyway Hope heads to Prescott Friday.  Go Cats !!!!!

Bobcat0011

Hope will easily not win a football game for 2 more years after this one. 0-51 at least

HeberFan

Quote from: Bobcat0011 on September 09, 2018, 07:44:56 am
Hope will easily not win a football game for 2 more years after this one. 0-51 at least

You sound like a disgruntled, ex player.

Neckred

HeberFan

Neckred

Quote from: HeberFan on September 11, 2018, 10:04:57 am
Or a pessimist.
It's like thinking the Hogs are gonna win 4 games this season.  Not gonna happen

Hoghead2

0-24 is in the books. DeQueen is up next. Let's go Cats  !!!!

HeberFan

Neckred

Bobcat0011

Hope loses to fall to 0-25. To a team that's only win will come against the Cats. Sad

Bobcat0011

Next week they play Hot Springs, which is their only game remaining on the schedule they will be able to keep under 30 points

Hoghead2

Hope vs Hot Springs. ...  is 0-26 on the horizon  ? Go Cats !!!

Brian G

Quote from: Hoghead2 on September 22, 2018, 03:56:51 pm
Hope vs Hot Springs. ...  is 0-26 on the horizon  ? Go Cats !!!
They had a chance last night Hoghead.  Maybe this week.  :)

RD™

Sports Guru

I got a feeling Hope breaks the 25 game losing streak against Hot Springs.

Hope 26-14

HeberFan

Hoghead2

Quote from: Crossett Eagle on September 23, 2018, 12:56:12 am
I got a feeling Hope breaks the 25 game losing streak against Hot Springs.

Hope 26-14
I  HOPE so.... Go Cats

Maynard G Krebs

HeberFan

Gotta respect players who keep coming to practice, keep fighting in games, and keep doing the off-season grind --- even when the wins don't come. That takes character.

Neckred

Quote from: HeberFan on September 27, 2018, 09:16:28 am

Gotta respect players who keep coming to practice, keep fighting in games, and keep doing the off-season grind --- even when the wins don't come. That takes character.
Would be very tough to do

HeberFan

Lumberjackfan1978

HeberFan

Lots of history and tradition at Hope.  Ignore the haters. Wins will come in time. And even during this stretch of losses, the players and coaches are winning respect for continuing the grind.

PA Dad

Maynard G Krebs

Hoghead2

Bobcats win, Bobcats win, Bobcats Win !!!
26-20 over Hot Springs

fnu lnu

September 28, 2018, 10:10:20 pm #42 Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 10:14:58 pm by fnu lnu
Congrats to Hope.  Continue to work hard young men.  We are proud of your efforts. 

RamFan06

Yellowcake

HeberFan

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hoghead2 on September 28, 2018, 10:04:21 pm
Bobcats win, Bobcats win, Bobcats Win !!!
26-20 over Hot Springs
Finally! The streak is over! No more Cleveland Brown comparisons! Yay!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas