• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Razorback football camp

Started by Gray lizard, April 24, 2018, 12:58:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

I notice the new coaching staff is holding a two day padded football camp this year.  It is for boys entering the 9th to 12th grade.    I took my son to one last year Sam Houston State which was a week long camp.  I am taking him to a camp at Forest Lake Collage, IL this year.  I may try to send him to the Arkansas camp as well but it is the week prior to the other camp.
It is like getting a week of three a days with full contact.  A good measure of how they stand against other players. Anyone planning on taking their son.

Superjack45

Yes my son will be there with McKnight,and my be a couple of more Lumberjacks.

BigGuy22

A couple of Pea Ridge kids will be going

Gray lizard

I decided to send my boy to this camp.  He is going into the 9th grade and still a little light, but this camp and the one in Chicago should keep him in good football condition.  If they do this camp like the one my son went to last year expect a lot of full contact.

Also I noticed they have 4 team camps in June and July.

Gray lizard

Anyone know the times for this camp(June 11th-12th)?  It does not list times on the site.  They do not answer emails or return phone calls.  How the heck does a guy know when to drop his kid off. Wonder what kind of turn out they will have if they have not figured out they forgot to list times of the camp by now.

prHOG13

I've gone every year for the past 5 seasons, of course that was with the previous staff. Always enjoy going to these. Great chance to get some top tier coaching techniques, drills, etc and also get time to visit with the staff and players who work the camps.

Gray lizard

Well I find out today the person over the camp information is no longer employed by the UofA.  Apparently they forgot to assign someone else.  No one can answer any questions.  With less than three weeks till the camp I have to wonder what the heck is going on up there. I don't know the times or rooming arrangements. That information wood be good to know when making plans for hotel.

Gray lizard

For any others check in is on the 11th from 12 pm - 2 pm.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Gray lizard on May 23, 2018, 11:21:48 am
Well I find out today the person over the camp information is no longer employed by the UofA.  Apparently they forgot to assign someone else.  No one can answer any questions.  With less than three weeks till the camp I have to wonder what the heck is going on up there. I don't know the times or rooming arrangements. That information wood be good to know when making plans for hotel.
Sorry, I assumed you were male.

Gray lizard

Quote from: Oldman on May 23, 2018, 01:49:03 pm
Sorry, I assumed you were male.

Well even a guy needs to plan when you have a 2 hour drive.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Gray lizard on May 23, 2018, 02:30:36 pm
Well even a guy needs to plan when you have a 2 hour drive.
Lol I agree

Gray lizard

Wow! A change has occurred on the hill in Arkansas.  My son is at the camp right now.  When coach Morris said he was going to get in the left lane and put it to the floor he an't kidding.  I feel sorry for the boys that are not in great shape.  Thank God my son is not one of them.  They do everything in hyper mode.  Unlike the prior staff with coach Belema making an quick showing.  The staff including coach Morris is very involved.  Coach Morris is running the drills right along with the boys while coaching them.  Kids are going to want to play for this guy.  He will build that wall around Arkansas again and recruit Texas well. That has proven successful for Arkansas in the past.

AirWarren

Quote from: Gray lizard on June 12, 2018, 08:37:43 am
Wow! A change has occurred on the hill in Arkansas.  My son is at the camp right now.  When coach Morris said he was going to get in the left lane and put it to the floor he an't kidding.  I feel sorry for the boys that are not in great shape.  Thank God my son is not one of them.  They do everything in hyper mode.  Unlike the prior staff with coach Belema making an quick showing.  The staff including coach Morris is very involved.  Coach Morris is running the drills right along with the boys while coaching them.  Kids are going to want to play for this guy.  He will build that wall around Arkansas again and recruit Texas well. That has proven successful for Arkansas in the past.

Thanks for the update.

Coach B was laid back. Too laid back. Flip flops, reggae music and came across as lazy.

But this guy, when kids see your boss out there giving it 110%, they will too. I'm hoping coach Morris is very successful here.

Gray lizard

Just found out 6 kids had to get IV's yesterday.  Man they are working those boys out.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas