• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-1

Started by Interestingcall, March 01, 2018, 02:20:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Interestingcall

So does the 4A-1 look the same next year or does someone else maybe make the jump into the #2 spot maybe Gravette or Shiloh? I figure Pea Ridge will stay at the top.

Redlinebacker32

What about Prairie Grove?

beach bum

I think I'll give the nod to Shiloh....

BigGuy22

Only way Pea Ridge gets 1st is if they're defense plays as good as it should.. they are returning a lot of talented defense of players. It's their offense that wil be the problem for sure

bilboswaggins

I'm just glad that Prairie Grove can field a team this coming year.

Lion Lettermen

Quote from: JAC08 on March 01, 2018, 02:20:06 pm
So does the 4A-1 look the same next year or does someone else maybe make the jump into the #2 spot maybe Gravette or Shiloh? I figure Pea Ridge will stay at the top.

Pea Ridge loses Sainsbury, Winn, Witcher, Holtgrewe, Pickthall, and more. They are well coached and have had a lot of talent coming through lately but I think it will be tough to say they are the favorite. They are graduating "once in a generation" type of kids.

Prairie Grove has seemingly "reloaded" for the better part of the last decade so it will be interesting to see what they have in 2018.

Shiloh Christian, right now, seems to be the team that has the best shot to win the conference. They had a pretty stout defense in 2017 and return several key players overall.

Gravette graduates Austin O'Brien who had 2000+ rushing yards and was one of the best defensive players in the conference. You can't replace a player like him. Also lose three year starters Brandon Ballard and Bailey Soule (signed with Henderson). Tajae White returns after having a really solid year at QB. I know there are some freshmen moving up Coach Harrelson is excited about so 2018 could be interesting for the Lions.

I think Gentry could be really improved this Fall as well. Should be an exciting year in the conference.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: Lion Lettermen on March 02, 2018, 12:00:40 pm
Pea Ridge loses Sainsbury, Winn, Witcher, Holtgrewe, Pickthall, and more. They are well coached and have had a lot of talent coming through lately but I think it will be tough to say they are the favorite. They are graduating "once in a generation" type of kids.

Prairie Grove has seemingly "reloaded" for the better part of the last decade so it will be interesting to see what they have in 2018.

Shiloh Christian, right now, seems to be the team that has the best shot to win the conference. They had a pretty stout defense in 2017 and return several key players overall.

Gravette graduates Austin O'Brien who had 2000+ rushing yards and was one of the best defensive players in the conference. You can't replace a player like him. Also lose three year starters Brandon Ballard and Bailey Soule (signed with Henderson). Tajae White returns after having a really solid year at QB. I know there are some freshmen moving up Coach Harrelson is excited about so 2018 could be interesting for the Lions.

I think Gentry could be really improved this Fall as well. Should be an exciting year in the conference.
Glad to have you posting on here, Seth.  I hope you can make it a habit during the season.

Dart@1090

Shiloh- will always be Shiloh totally expect them every year to be in the mix. Good program all around very consistent.
PG-  love what there coach has built.  this is a team I always expect to battle it out. 
PR-  They could be a 1 or a 4 wouldn't see them any less.  Going to miss the RB, an WR, but i think the QB in waiting may surprise some people.  Much more Athletic than the last one.  But, overall team speed will take a step back, an finding that go to receiver should be interesting. 
Gravette- is a team that shocks me every year.  Seems to have great athletes just stumbles at the wrong time.  Plus overall team number of players went down really have no answer for it.  Replacing there RB will be a tall task he was a do it all guy.
Really do not have a good enough feel for the rest of the teams to make a opinion on them.

bilboswaggins

Quote from: Lion Lettermen on March 02, 2018, 12:00:40 pm

When can we expect a way too early preseason podcast on these teams? You are entertaining to listen to no lie.

RZback

Gentry without Fortenbury? will be better?

Tigerdad2

PG
Shiloh
PR
Gravette
Gentry
Lincoln
GF
Berryville

beach bum

Quote from: bilboswaggins on March 02, 2018, 09:24:40 am
I'm just glad that Prairie Grove can field a team this coming year.

I think this may be the year they slide back some as a program.... although the last time I said that going into a season they made the state finals in that loss to Nashville a few years ago. They could easily prove us wrong again. This season definitely has the most mystery and unsuredness in a long time for the entire 1-4A

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on March 04, 2018, 04:10:07 pm
PG
Shiloh
PR
Gravette
Gentry
Lincoln
GF
Berryville

This looks very possible.  GF I don't think will be a threat but I think Berryville may improve a little. Those two could shift most likely based on their game with each other.  Top 4 look to be the same tope4, bottom is still the bottom.  This is the year the highly regarded 7th grade group of a few years back will become sophomores, we will see how they respond to playing high school ball. 

RZback

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on March 05, 2018, 02:41:03 pm
This looks very possible.  GF I don't think will be a threat but I think Berryville may improve a little. Those two could shift most likely based on their game with each other.  Top 4 look to be the same tope4, bottom is still the bottom.  This is the year the highly regarded 7th grade group of a few years back will become sophomores, we will see how they respond to playing high school ball.

Didn't that group go 5-5 the past two seasons?

bilboswaggins

Quote from: beach bum on March 04, 2018, 09:03:35 pm
I think this may be the year they slide back some as a program.... although the last time I said that going into a season they made the state finals in that loss to Nashville a few years ago. They could easily prove us wrong again. This season definitely has the most mystery and unsuredness in a long time for the entire 1-4A

Every year it seems Prairie Grove reloads. What we will see is another underestimated team that goes out and has a very stout defense and solid offensive play.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: RZback on March 06, 2018, 12:30:42 am
Didn't that group go 5-5 the past two seasons?
Yes, 9-1 as 7th grade.
5-5 as JR High. Not looking good for that group

RZback

I wonder how many of those 9th graders will be expected to start and make an impact next season? Anybody have eyes on whats up at Lincoln?

BigGuy22

I don't know that Pea Ridge had much of a Junior High to come up and make a difference. There may be one or two kids to help on the offensive side of the ball but defensively Pea Ridge will be fine. The QB I think will actually surprise some people. He is pretty tall and athletic and has a good deep ball, another surprise will be the TE. Didn't get to shine last year because Sainsbury had Withcher, Holtgrewe, and Winn to throw too but the kid has great hands and blocked incredible. Hopefully the offense can get put together quick because that will decide if Pea Ridge gets the 1 seed or the 4 seed

nuttinbuthogs

Junior high QB may play and let Lloyd go back to RB.  That might help.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on March 06, 2018, 11:57:44 am
That would help a bunch, but I think they're set on Lloyd being a spread QB

RZback

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on March 06, 2018, 11:57:44 am

Lloyd's a natural RB, they have been talking about how good the freshman is, it makes sense to get best guys on the field at their best position.  They also have the Morphis kid if he is still playing. They need to plan for the games they can win and how they can win em.  Reasonable shot at 5 wins with the schedule they have.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: RZback on March 07, 2018, 08:28:19 pm
Lloyd's a natural RB, they have been talking about how good the freshman is, it makes sense to get best guys on the field at their best position.  They also have the Morphis kid if he is still playing. They need to plan for the games they can win and how they can win em.  Reasonable shot at 5 wins with the schedule they have.

I don't know the exact schedule, if its the same pre-conference or not but they should win at least 6 next year.  westville, Keys, Mansfield, Berryville, Greenforest, and Gentry.  I see those as almost for sure if they are still on the schedule.  Conference is going to be down a bit and the kids have been in the same system for the fourth year, should be best year so far under Harrison. 

whippersnapper

Non conf is Westville, @ Keys, @ Subiaco.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: whippersnapper on March 08, 2018, 01:26:55 pm
Non conf is Westville, @ Keys, @ Subiaco.
2-1 is very possible

Baller91

Quote from: RZback on March 04, 2018, 02:15:49 pm
Gentry without Fortenbury? will be better?
Faulkenberry ... and I'll be really surprised if they are better without him.

RZback

March 09, 2018, 01:28:57 pm #25 Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 02:16:28 pm by RZback
Quote from: Tigerdad2 on March 08, 2018, 02:32:37 pm
2-1 is very possible

I'd say that's a 3-0 slam dunk.  If they can win the 3 down side conference games (all of which will be down by quite a bit, Gentry no Faulkenberry, BV struggling to maintain where it is, GF well), which NNBH seems to believe, then they are 6-4 and in the playoffs.  It's a lock.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: RZback on March 09, 2018, 01:28:57 pm
I'd say that's a 3-0 slam dunk.  If they can win the 3 down side conference games (all of which will be down by quite a bit, Gentry no Faulkenberry, BV struggling to maintain where it is, GF well), which nnq seems to believe, then they are 6-4 and in the playoffs.  It's a lock.

I didn't say for sure wins but I do think we should win 6, of course anything can happen during the next year.  I do think this should be the best year under Harrison for sure.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: RZback on March 09, 2018, 01:28:57 pm
I'd say that's a 3-0 slam dunk.  If they can win the 3 down side conference games (all of which will be down by quite a bit, Gentry no Faulkenberry, BV struggling to maintain where it is, GF well), which NNBH seems to believe, then they are 6-4 and in the playoffs.  It's a lock.
Not saying they can't go 3-0 but they had a slam dunk 3-0 schedule last year and lost to Keys and Mansfield . Could go 3-7 to 6-4 this year

bilboswaggins

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on March 09, 2018, 06:40:16 pm
Not saying they can't go 3-0 but they had a slam dunk 3-0 schedule last year and lost to Keys and Mansfield . Could go 3-7 to 6-4 this year

Accurate...I wish them the best on making the playoffs.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on March 09, 2018, 06:40:16 pm

There are several reasons Lincoln should go at least 6-4.  1.  The biggest reason, the conference will not be as strong as it has been over the past 5-10 years.  The traditional top 4 schools will not be anywhere near as strong as they have been.  PG, PR, Gravette and Shiloh are not going to be as strong as they usually are.  The top of the conference is most likely Shiloh with other 3 fighting for the 2 slot.
2. The loss of Huntsville and addition of GreenForest, GF is not very strong right now and this should be a for sure win for the Wolves.
3.  Pre conference opponents are going to be easier wins for the Wolves. Westville, won one game last year; Keys, supposed to be down somewhat loosing a lot of seniors.  4. The bottom of the conference will not get stronger, Gentry lost its best player at QB, GF is not as good as Huntsville, Berryville is struggling to get better and doesn't seem to be a football strong community. 5.  Harrison has had these kids now for the past 3 years and they know his system.  6.  The sophomores next fall will be the best group to come along in years and the coach has been very high on them.

RZback

Shiloh should win the conference, they have the most returning players.
PG and PR will fight for second if they can make up for graduation.
Gravette will have a good shot to upset PG and PR but they need to replace a key part of their offense.
Lincoln should be #5 by default.
Gentry may make a run at 5 but will likely come down to Gentry vs Lincoln.
Berryville if they can beat Green Forest.
Green Forest.
Wild card is how good can the new BV coach make them.  He has had a full year to make improvements, they played a little better defense last season but offense was dismal. 
So a race for the top of the bottom again in 4A-1.  Satisfaction in mediocrity.

beach bum

Quote from: RZback on March 21, 2018, 11:17:42 am
Shiloh should win the conference, they have the most returning players.
PG and PR will fight for second if they can make up for graduation.
Gravette will have a good shot to upset PG and PR but they need to replace a key part of their offense.
Lincoln should be #5 by default.
Gentry may make a run at 5 but will likely come down to Gentry vs Lincoln.
Berryville if they can beat Green Forest.
Green Forest.
Wild card is how good can the new BV coach make them.  He has had a full year to make improvements, they played a little better defense last season but offense was dismal. 
So a race for the top of the bottom again in 4A-1.  Satisfaction in mediocrity.

If Prairie Grove had virtually no speed and Pea Ridge had their fastest and by far most loaded team ever and PG still was marching for a TD in the final minute and coughed it up or would have won 28-21 instead of the 26-21 loss at Pea Ridge, what makes anyone think PG won't beat Pea Ridge by a minimum of at least 2 TD's this coming season when the talent will be similar or slightly in PG's favor?? The conference crown will come down to PG and Shiloh. I'll give Shiloh the slightest favor in that.

nuttinbuthogs

Don't know you said anything new except your opinion on talent levels from last year.  I think both PG and PR are going to see problems on offense due to graduation.  I would disagree that PG had no speed last year.  I saw them play  a couple of times and they did a pretty good job of running away from defenders at times.  I don't know how many 20+ yard gains they had but I bet its more than a few and that's a pretty good indicator of reasonably good speed in comparison to who they play, which is what is important. 
I think Shiloh is the hands down favorite to win conference and make an impact in the playoffs.  Either PG or PR could win but much tougher and the burden on both teams is scoring points. But, I already said that. 

beach bum

PG did not have the speed last year at all that it had the previous half decade or so.... The RB they had last year would not have had to throw so many stiff arms had he been faster or he would have been breaking away on more runs had he had more speed. They were very lucky they had his physicality last year or they would have had a very bad offense. He kept a lot of drives going picking up tough yardage.

nuttinbuthogs

Yes he was physical, but I think he had good speed, maybe not great but good.  I also am not sure that the PG or the PR offense will be that good and that's why I think RZ may be right that Gravette could take 2nd.  Its also possible that Lincoln could move into the top 4 if the tenth graders prove to be as good as they are thought to be. Lincoln gave PR a pretty good game last year and several junior high games could have been wins with just a play or two difference.

RZback

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on March 21, 2018, 04:35:09 pm
Yes he was physical, but I think he had good speed, maybe not great but good.  I also am not sure that the PG or the PR offense will be that good and that's why I think RZ may be right that Gravette could take 2nd.  Its also possible that Lincoln could move into the top 4 if the tenth graders prove to be as good as they are thought to be. Lincoln gave PR a pretty good game last year and several junior high games could have been wins with just a play or two difference.

Bring me some cool-aid.

bilboswaggins

Quote from: JAC08 on March 01, 2018, 02:20:06 pm

So I guess Prairie Grove and Lincoln battle for the 4th spot this year. One thing about these kids from Prairie Grove is they are used to being underestimated in their own conference. This senior class has no D1 talent but will face it in the playoffs and somehow manage to beat it. Somehow the PG defense will allow under 20 points a game on average and magically manage to score 35 per game.

BigGuy22

That Lincoln game was bad for Pea Ridge. They were missing 5 or 6 starting Defensive players that game.

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: BigGuy22 on March 26, 2018, 01:18:02 pm
That Lincoln game was bad for Pea Ridge. They were missing 5 or 6 starting Defensive players that game.

nuttinbuthogs

Lincoln had a good night against Pea Ridge, probably the best game Loyd had all year.  On another note, looks like they have a lot of materials out on the football field and are working on the track finally.  Anybody know when its going to be finished.

RZback

If its like most things not related to basketball, I'd say give it another 5 years. 

beach bum

New up to date analysis of how the 1-4A will finish in the fall of 2018.... Take it to the bank.

1.Prairie Grove
2.Shiloh Christian
3.Pea Ridge
4.Gravette
5.Lincoln
6.Gentry
7.Berryville
8.Green Forest

Lumberjackfan1978

Prairie Grove will be in the mix no doubt about it 1 or 2

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: beach bum on April 04, 2018, 10:59:00 pm
New up to date analysis of how the 1-4A will finish in the fall of 2018.... Take it to the bank.

1.Prairie Grove
2.Shiloh Christian
3.Pea Ridge
4.Gravette
5.Lincoln
6.Gentry
7.Berryville
8.Green Forest

The top 3 will have new QB's this year, correct?

beach bum

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on April 05, 2018, 07:54:58 am
The top 3 will have new QB's this year, correct?

All the PG quarterback does is hand the ball off though  ;D .... So it won't impact PG as much.

RZback

Quote from: beach bum on April 04, 2018, 10:59:00 pm

1.Prairie Grove
2.Shiloh Christian
3.Pea Ridge
4.Gravette
5.Lincoln
6.Gentry
7.Berryville
8.Green Forest

That's a weak bottom half.  Throw them all in and shake them all out.  Except for Green Forest I don't see a lot of difference.  A break here or there and it could turn upside down for sure.

tmycjy

April 07, 2018, 08:10:00 pm #46 Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 08:13:24 pm by tmycjy
just went threw the numbers this is what my computer is say as of right now. Now Reamber these number can change at any time do to how u play if player get hurt no tell how this will go

1. Shiloh Christian
2. Gravette
3. Pea Ridge
4. Prairie Grove
5. Lincoln
6. Green Forest
7. Gentry
8. Berryville

bilboswaggins

Quote from: tmycjy on April 07, 2018, 08:10:00 pm
just went threw the numbers this is what my computer is say as of right now. Now Reamber these number can change at any time do to how u play if player get hurt no tell how this will go

1. Shiloh Christian
2. Gravette
3. Pea Ridge
4. Prairie Grove
5. Lincoln
6. Green Forest
7. Gentry
8. Berryville

What?

tmycjy

Quote from: bilboswaggins on April 08, 2018, 09:03:07 am
What?

I don't understand what u mean by what please explain

bilboswaggins

April 09, 2018, 08:45:50 am #49 Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 08:47:24 am by bilboswaggins
Quote from: tmycjy on April 08, 2018, 10:50:55 am
I don't understand what u mean by what please explain
Green Forest 6th,
Prairie Grove 4th.....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas