• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brookland vs Pocahontas Girls 4A-3 District Championship

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, February 17, 2018, 03:31:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

February 17, 2018, 03:31:56 pm Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 03:46:10 pm by NEA Razorback olfan

I believe this will be a good Game, both teams seem to match up well.
Brookland has 3 Sr. players , Ally Loflin, Hannah Lovrien , and Taylor Hammett!!
I haven't seen The Lady Redskins play much this year but I know they are very well coached.
The Lady Redskins come in with a 20-9 record and Brookland comes in with 20-6 record.
Should be a battle today!!
I really like our Freshman that got moved up after winning District championship last week, They played well vs Gosnell and will help our bench. KaNya Ford, Gracie Gramling, Hannah Boiling, wish we had Carliegh Smith but she broke her finger first game of JR District last week.
Hope Hannah Lovrien and Taylor Hammett are able to go tonight.!!
Ally Loflin, Emily Pate ,  and Kalifa Ford had good games vs Gosnell Thursday. We need similar games from them tonight.
Good luck to both teams!!

Thoughts or predictions on this matchup??

NEA Razorback olfan

Hatchet

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 17, 2018, 03:31:56 pm
I believe this will be a good Game, both teams seem to match up well.
Brookland has 3 Sr. players , Ally Loflin, Hannah Lovrien , and Taylor Hammett!!
I haven't seen The Lady Redskins play much this year but I know they are very well coached.
The Lady Redskins come in with a 20-9 record and Brookland comes in with 20-6 record.
Should be a battle today!!
I really like our Freshman that got moved up after winning District championship last week, They played well vs Gosnell and will help our bench. KaNya Ford, Gracie Gramling, Hannah Boiling, wish we had Carliegh Smith but she broke her finger first game of JR District last week.
Hope Hannah Lovrien and Taylor Hammett are able to go tonight.!!
Ally Loflin, Emily Pate ,  and Kalifa Ford had good games vs Gosnell Thursday. We need similar games from them tonight.
Good luck to both teams!!

Thoughts or predictions on this matchup??
The Ford that is a freshman isn't that good.  I mean she is probably the 5th best player off of the jr high team.

NEA Razorback olfan

February 17, 2018, 11:09:26 pm #3 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 11:11:12 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Hatchet on February 17, 2018, 09:52:35 pm
The Ford that is a freshman isn't that good.  I mean she is probably the 5th best player off of the jr high team.

Yea, you probably don't think Kalifa is very good either

J12

There's a few girls for brookland who could start for their boys team.

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: Hatchet on February 17, 2018, 09:52:35 pm

That's ridiculous, skill wise she's probably the second best player off of junior high.

87DAWG

Quote from: ArkansasSportsFan on February 17, 2018, 11:45:59 pm
That's ridiculous, skill wise she's probably the second best player off of junior high.
It's ridiculous period. She is solid PG.

NEA Razorback olfan

February 18, 2018, 01:45:31 pm #7 Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 01:59:12 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
First of all I would like to congratulate our Sr. players on a great year so far.
Taylor Hammett is extremely good From beyond the Arc , She went down in 1qtr vs Gosnell with a sprained ankle.
We missed her last night vs Pokey. Hannah Lovrien was recovering from the Flu who saw some good minutes last night. Ally Loflin who is just now getting up her speed and quickness back from having 3 ACL surgeries the past 3 years really helped breaking pokey press!!! I like all our Freshman, Sophs, and Juniors , talent is talent , regardless of grade, and Typically a coach will replace a position player with the same position player ie point guard for a point guard, as with the younger 9th Ford who was PG for our Jr team for 10th grade Shelby Lawrence our Starting varsity PG. This makes the bench deeper,. Some of other talented freshman players got some pt vs Westside and Gosnell like 5'7 Hannah Boiling and 5'11 Gracie Gramling to show what they could do at the varsity level, but to me this was all about our Seniors getting a District Championship their last year.
Regionals at Lonoke vs a very good Lady Jackrabbits team will be tough!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas