• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-3A in 2018

Started by beach bum, December 04, 2017, 06:27:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Mansfield over Hackett 28-26 with a late TD to win... 1-3A with a 1-0 start to the year in non conference

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: gold45 on August 21, 2018, 10:32:02 pm
Reading about Charleston's "recruiting" on Fearless is about as entertaining (and accurate) as watching ABC news report on Donald Trump.... ::). Carry on

I was about to jump in here and make fun of Bville and all these folks making excuses for why Charleston wins year after year. Heck Nasty almost makes as many excuses as the Head Bearcat. Then you had to go and bring up Trump. I can't with a clear mind stand beside you now Gold...Way to go!!!! I'll just watch from here on out. 😔

RedTigerFan

August 24, 2018, 10:01:06 am #52 Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 11:27:12 pm by RedTigerFan

beach bum

August 24, 2018, 11:42:22 am #53 Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 11:45:26 am by beach bum
Quote from: RedTigerFan on August 24, 2018, 10:01:06 am
Heck of a game Brady Hester is one shifty dude. Mansfield has some defensive issues and a more dominant running game would be nice, but the passing game is there for sure.

That was a good win for Mansfield for sure. I know last year when Mansfield had success it was through big plays in their passing game. And yes the Red Tigers kryptonite seems to be the run defense. I think as long as Hackett goes on to be a decent team in the 4-2A like we expect this showed Mansfield is definitely in play for 4th or 5th in the conference with the other teams like we expect like Cedarville, Greenland, and Paris.

TRH

Quote from: RedTigerFan on August 24, 2018, 10:01:06 am
Heck of a game Brady Hester is one shifty dude. Mansfield has some defensive issues and a more dominant running game would be nice, but the passing game is there for sure.
Mansfield's offense accounted for 10 of Hackett's points. So, the Mansfield defense only gave up 16 against the speed of Hackett for an entire game. I thought that for a first game of the season it was a great effort by the players on both teams.

RedTigerFan

August 24, 2018, 02:52:11 pm #55 Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 11:27:29 pm by RedTigerFan

nastynice

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on August 24, 2018, 08:04:27 am
I was about to jump in here and make fun of Bville and all these folks making excuses for why Charleston wins year after year. Heck Nasty almost makes as many excuses as the Head Bearcat. Then you had to go and bring up Trump. I can't with a clear mind stand beside you now Gold...Way to go!!!! I'll just watch from here on out. 😔

Better be careful talking about our main man Trump that way.  The Charleston alumni will kick you off the search and welcoming committee!  MAGA!

gold45

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on August 24, 2018, 08:04:27 am

Just calling it like I see it, Chucktown.  That purple and gold education I received really helped me recognize the probability of #fakenews.  You should be glad I've added some of that DNA to the Tiger gene pool! 

macadoshis

So after the top three, does it really fall off that much ?  I've not kept up with much football these days but am ready to dive back in there. 

beach bum

Quote from: macadoshis on August 27, 2018, 08:12:46 am
So after the top three, does it really fall off that much ?  I've not kept up with much football thCharlestont am ready to dive back in there.

Paris and West Fork are pretty down.... Mansfield seems slightly above them. We will know this week if Cedarville and Greenland are even capable of being competitive with Lamar and Charleston. Greenland plays Elkins and Cedarville plays Mountainburg. If those two have decent showings it leads me to believe they may get the 4 and 5 seed. However I think the overall answer to your question is Charleston and Lamar have more talent than whoever gets the 4 seed

beach bum

Quote from: beach bum on December 04, 2017, 06:27:20 pm

Solid favorite: Booneville- What needs to be said here really. A quarterfinalist in 4A with lots of returning pieces puts them in the poll position on paper for 2018.

Congrats to Booneville.... Not always easy to live up to the preseason hype, but this senior class was special as the Booneville people don't need even being said. Enjoy another state title trophy.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas