• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne offense

Started by oldjacketman, September 23, 2017, 03:42:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldjacketman

After watching 4 games, it appears that the wynne defense is picking up where it left off last year. Whole new scheme, same players with same results. But the offense...nowhere close to as effective as a year ago. I keep hearing about all the new that's been brought, but if new = turnovers and inability to score, that doesn't seem like a good change. Thoughts??

Chief_Osceola™

#7 needs the ball 25-30 times a game.

titan33

Quote from: oldjacketman on September 23, 2017, 03:42:13 pm
After watching 4 games, it appears that the wynne defense is picking up where it left off last year. Whole new scheme, same players with same results. But the offense...nowhere close to as effective as a year ago. I keep hearing about all the new that's been brought, but if new = turnovers and inability to score, that doesn't seem like a good change. Thoughts??
4-0

Jackets3

IMO defense is better than last year particularly in the secondary. Had two very talented defensive backs that graduated and are now playing college ball butt secondary was exploited last year due to not being taught to play the ball but instead run down the field and never look for the ball. They are being taught to play the ball and be more aggressive and as a result have played very well so far this year. Offense to me is slower paced due to huddle and plays being run in from sideline. Even if 7 gets more touches he can do much with 3 defenders in his face as soon as he touches the ball. QB has to be more consistent when we do throw. Also as a team we need to block better (slots, backs, and receivers too) and see a bunch of players graze their first target and just stop and watch the play.

JessieP

Wynne will still win the east this year. Don't underestimate the affect of new coaches, there will be a learning curve. Number 7 is a stud but they seem to be missing the one-two punch of last year. I would caution about using him too much. Running backs take a beating, even the great ones. Using any high school rb 25-30 a game will show serious wear and tear late in the year. Trust me on this one, even a Wynne offense missing last years numbers is far more then Nettlton can handle.

Chief_Osceola™

The fullback is a big, strong, physical kid. I think he can handle the load of 25-30 carries a game. Against us, they were predictable on offense, but it didn't matter because our DL wasn't getting any push.

tmycjy

in my oppenion I think we are doing fine but thing I like is that we are like a piece of iron we bend but we don't break we get the job done take a look at what happen in 1986 we had game where we won in close game here are some of the games that we won back then

earle 21-3 w
Rivercrest 7-0 w
Stuttgart 28-8 w but its was like 7-0 at half I think
cabot 12-10 w
Sheriden 13-8 W
Harrison 18-0 w

PA Dad

I'm not sure what to think of Wynne this year.  They don't seem as dominant as they were last year.  I know it's a ways off, but I'll be very interested in the game with Nettleton assuming both keep winning until then, as it appears they will.

tmycjy

Quote from: PA Dad on September 23, 2017, 11:30:53 pm
I'm not sure what to think of Wynne this year.  They don't seem as dominant as they were last year.  I know it's a ways off, but I'll be very interested in the game with Nettleton assuming both keep winning until then, as it appears they will.

My point is this is this year

Jacketfan16

September 24, 2017, 06:23:50 pm #9 Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 06:33:09 pm by Jacketfan16
What happened to the Burnett kid for wynne from 2016 #25 ? He was the leading tackler at weak side middle linebacker but he also relieved hicks when he needed a break. When he got more than 3 or 4 touches a game he really had a couple of great games. At Batesville he had 160 and Blytheville 150 yards rushing. He would really pound the ball. I have only made it to the two home games. I asked a couple of people at the game one said he graduated, but I know he was just a junior, another said his mom put pressure on him to move back home. If so where is home ? I was told this would be the place to find out.

WTD

Offensively they are just as good if not better than they were last year. The only thing missing is the Pounds kids. Hard to replace him, he had another gear than everyone else. Defensively they switched schemes from a 3-4 to a 4-3, thought they were better defensively last year.

Deltaswarm3

Quote from: Jacketfan16 on September 24, 2017, 06:23:50 pm
What happened to the Burnett kid for wynne from 2016 #25 ? He was the leading tackler at weak side middle linebacker but he also relieved hicks when he needed a break. When he got more than 3 or 4 touches a game he really had a couple of great games. At Batesville he had 160 and Blytheville 150 yards rushing. He would really pound the ball. I have only made it to the two home games. I asked a couple of people at the game one said he graduated, but I know he was just a junior, another said his mom put pressure on him to move back home. If so where is home ? I was told this would be the place to find out.
He is from Valley View, he came to Wynne his junior year and went back to Valley View back in the spring, he's very good on defense.

the voice

No knock on pascal , any coach coming in has to get settled with players and vice versa. I think it'd be easier to come in when a program wasn't as successful than when they are. Hill left morrilton after a loss in the championship game. A close game with greenwood. The following year with like 18 starters returning including to D1 players morrilton struggled. Never seemed to get in the groove offensively that most were used to. Of course hill is one of the best offensive coaches around and that's a factor too.

wynnefootballfan

Like a lot of folks, I don't think we have the same quick hit offense as last year. However they have proven they can put up over 30 and control the clock. If they stay healthy they will be playing late in the year. "I think/hope..lol.

Rick Swines

Yeah their scores are baffling with the amount of talent coming back.  Defense looks to be keeping scores low.

titan33

Quote from: the voice on September 25, 2017, 05:38:26 am
No knock on pascal , any coach coming in has to get settled with players and vice versa. I think it'd be easier to come in when a program wasn't as successful than when they are. Hill left morrilton after a loss in the championship game. A close game with greenwood. The following year with like 18 starters returning including to D1 players morrilton struggled. Never seemed to get in the groove offensively that most were used to. Of course hill is one of the best offensive coaches around and that's a factor too.

One of the best offensive coaches around only put up 16 points in the biggest game of the season last year also...

kwwolves2012

Quote from: titan33 on September 25, 2017, 02:14:01 pm
One of the best offensive coaches around only put up 16 points in the biggest game of the season last year also...

It wasn't Hill's fault our players fumbled the ball approximately 46 times. Also, Chapman missed a wide open #7 Hicks on a crucial 4th down in the end zone. Hill is an incredible asset on offense and within a couple years of running the Flexbone, we were hard to stop. People need not overlook the incredible change in philosophy over just a couple seasons. Pascal's offense isn't anywhere close to Hill's from last year. It's just a fact; our last game was downright UGLY.

MDXPHD

Quote from: kwwolves2012 on September 25, 2017, 06:15:16 pm
It wasn't Hill's fault our players fumbled the ball approximately 46 times. Also, Chapman missed a wide open #7 Hicks on a crucial 4th down in the end zone. Hill is an incredible asset on offense and within a couple years of running the Flexbone, we were hard to stop. People need not overlook the incredible change in philosophy over just a couple seasons. Pascal's offense isn't anywhere close to Hill's from last year. It's just a fact; our last game was downright UGLY.

I've never seen so many disappointed fans over a team that is coming off a state runner up, is undefeated, and is playing some solid defense and putting some points on the board. It's really embarrassing

titan33

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 25, 2017, 07:02:17 pm
I've never seen so many disappointed fans over a team that is coming off a state runner up, is undefeated, and is playing some solid defense and putting some points on the board. It's really embarrassing
Pretty sorry to say the least

way2go

Not the most supportive crowd you ever saw.  ???

incogneto

I don't take these guys as negative.  They are just passionate football fans. 

ricericebaby

Quote from: WTD on September 24, 2017, 06:46:52 pm
Offensively they are just as good if not better than they were last year. The only thing missing is the Pounds kids. Hard to replace him, he had another gear than everyone else. Defensively they switched schemes from a 3-4 to a 4-3, thought they were better defensively last year.

Comparing the two teams is unfair to this years team until the season is over.  Here are the facts, per Lindell Skaggs, the Voice of the Yellow Jackets, last years team rushed for 6000+ yards which is the 2nd most in Arkansas high school history.  They are second only to a Pine Bluff team back in the 1920's. Even with only 16 points in the state championship game, they still averaged over 49 points a game.  Comparing the two teams is unfair to this years team until the season is over. This years players need to be given a chance and the support from the stands and by the way, they are undefeated. 

Overdahill

the voice

September 25, 2017, 10:00:29 pm #23 Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 03:23:50 pm by the voice
Quote from: titan33 on September 25, 2017, 02:14:01 pm
Obviously a coach pascal supporter, I take nothing away from him. It's pretty much known hill was a great play caller. Look at what he did at several schools. And like another poster said to completely change philosophy like he did. Give credit where it's due. Looking back through the past posts I knew you from somewhere, everytime there was a job opening pascal wanted you showed up. The NLR job was the one I remember, you were sure pascal would get it. Hill was offered the job and turned it down to stay at Wynne.

As for this years Wynne team they are doing what's expected, which is sometimes unfair to the players. They are undefeated and top team.

oldjacketman

It's pretty obvious that last year's offense was just a better offense than this year's. I believe some of that is discipline on top of play calling. Pretty well known that the new regime isn't as disciplined as the old one.

MDXPHD

Quote from: oldjacketman on September 25, 2017, 11:22:19 pm
It's pretty obvious that last year's offense was just a better offense than this year's. I believe some of that is discipline on top of play calling. Pretty well known that the new regime isn't as disciplined as the old one.

So why don't you just support your undefeated team instead of look for things to criticize?

JacketFan

Quote from: oldjacketman on September 25, 2017, 11:22:19 pm
Could not have said it better myself!  You are absolutely correct...Zero discipline, and horrendous play calling, and I hope it isn't there downfall.  Which is sad considering the talent on the team.  I hope the ship gets righted in the next few weeks, or it will be a long season for sure.  Wynne, please prove me wrong.

Pwil11

Guys  WE ARE 4-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im very proud of our team and what the boys have done.  We dont have to blow everyone out.  All we have to do is WIN.  I dont care if its by 2 points or 50.  The same result is a win..  Stop worrying about the offense and just support our boys and the coaches.

MDXPHD

Quote from: JacketFan on September 26, 2017, 10:11:42 am
Could not have said it better myself!  You are absolutely correct...Zero discipline, and horrendous play calling, and I hope it isn't there downfall.  Which is sad considering the talent on the team.  I hope the ship gets righted in the next few weeks, or it will be a long season for sure.  Wynne, please prove me wrong.

Fans like you really ruin the game. 4-0 and you want the ship to go a different direction? Long season?

JacketFan

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 26, 2017, 11:57:45 am
Fans like you really ruin the game. 4-0 and you want the ship to go a different direction? Long season?
Sorry that my statement was misconstrued, I was just stating my opinion on the last 4 weeks of observing there gameplay.  They have not been tested by a good team, and I do hope they will win out when faced with tougher competition.  Only time will tell.

Deltaswarm3

Y'all need to calm down a little bit, the jackets are doing well. I don't know where y'all were at during the Searcy scrimmage but we could have beat them if the starters hadn't gotten pulled out...Searcy is dominate this year, and we beat a very good Marion team this year at Marion which we haven't done in 13 years...and you will see Blytheville is better than what most think...our offense is not going to score as many points as last year because the coach has slowed it down, running plays from the side line and not snapping the ball until 2 or 3 seconds left is smoking the clock, on the other hand out defense is much better than last season, these kids are playing good ball, I bet there are some teams that would trade places with us right now!

Jacketfan16

Quote from: Deltaswarm3 on September 26, 2017, 03:49:52 pm
Y'all need to calm down a little bit, the jackets are doing well. I don't know where y'all were at during the Searcy scrimmage but we could have beat them if the starters hadn't gotten pulled out...Searcy is dominate this year, and we beat a very good Marion team this year at Marion which we haven't done in 13 years...and you will see Blytheville is better than what most think...our offense is not going to score as many points as last year because the coach has slowed it down, running plays from the side line and not snapping the ball until 2 or 3 seconds left is smoking the clock, on the other hand out defense is much better than last season, these kids are playing good ball, I bet there are some teams that would trade places with us right now!
At the Searcy scrimmage both teams had their starters in through 3 quarters and it was 21-20. But just so you know that was Searcys back up quarter back the starter was suspended for the scrimmage. I watched him in week 3 play Morrilton and he is the real deal. Sad to say but he would have schredded our secondary. Irrelevant for the season but thought you would like to know since you were talking about the scrimmage.

Deltaswarm3

Quote from: Jacketfan16 on September 26, 2017, 09:15:32 pm
At the Searcy scrimmage both teams had their starters in through 3 quarters and it was 21-20. But just so you know that was Searcys back up quarter back the starter was suspended for the scrimmage. I watched him in week 3 play Morrilton and he is the real deal. Sad to say but he would have schredded our secondary. Irrelevant for the season but thought you would like to know since you were talking about the scrimmage.
Well just so you know we were ahead going into the 4th qtr, we pulled our starters and they didn't until they scored on our 2nd and 3rd team guys. And just so you know we had some key players out on both sides of the ball....besides if you aren't happy with the way they are playing, just stay home!

Jacketfan16

Quote from: Deltaswarm3 on September 26, 2017, 09:51:41 pm
Well just so you know we were ahead going into the 4th qtr, we pulled our starters and they didn't until they scored on our 2nd and 3rd team guys. And just so you know we had some key players out on both sides of the ball....besides if you aren't happy with the way they are playing, just stay home!
Where you came up with that rant I have no idea ! Think they are playing great !
You were the one that brought searcy up, a scrimmage game(really?).Only player we had out was Big E, another fact ! And since you have no clue about jacket football we beat Marion bad LAST year ! Had not beat them at home in 13 years ! And I go where ever I please ! Don't take things so personal. Just trying to help the guy who wanted to talk about a scrimmage game. LOL

Deltaswarm3

Quote from: Jacketfan16 on September 26, 2017, 10:11:13 pm
Where you came up with that rant I have no idea ! Think they are playing great !
You were the one that brought searcy up, a scrimmage game(really?).Only player we had out was Big E, another fact ! And since you have no clue about jacket football we beat Marion bad LAST year ! Had not beat them at home in 13 years ! And I go where ever I please ! Don't take things so personal. Just trying to help the guy who wanted to talk about a scrimmage game. LOL
If you will go back and read my post doofus...it says we beat Marion in Marion which we haven't done in 13 years....geez!

stinger1

WE ARE 4-0 what more can you ask from for a group of high school kids with a whole new coaching staff. i think any REAL FAN would be HAPPY.

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: stinger1 on September 27, 2017, 08:40:37 am
WE ARE 4-0 what more can you ask from for a group of high school kids with a whole new coaching staff. i think any REAL FAN would be HAPPY.

Im tickled pink....

JessieP

September 27, 2017, 12:10:04 pm #37 Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 08:28:24 pm by JessieP
I don't think any Wynne fan was speaking negatively about this year's team but rather wondering if they had advanced enough to challenge PA. The sad reality for all of us in the 5A is that PA has widened the gap. Going into the season Wynne was probably the only team that anyone gave a chance to knock off PA. That would have required a major improvement in their defense and some improvement on offense. I got the impression that people questioning this years team are only seeing the defense picking up where it left off and the offense just a small step behind last years team. 4-0 is awesome and they may still be the 2nd best in the 5A, LRCA seems to lay claim to #2, but after last year's championship game, standing pat and a slight step less are not enough to challenge PA, not by a long shot.

STBruin

Love reading anything that deals with Wynne or Batesville...its almost like a good Jerry Springer episode...PEOPLE its only week 2 of conference, A TON of football left to play...teams peak at different times...the football Gods frown on others...stuff happens...Wynne you are 4-0...a win is a win

Overdahill

Quote from: JessieP on September 27, 2017, 12:10:04 pm
I don't think any Wynne fan was speaking negatively about this year's team but rather wondering if they had advanced enough to challenge PA. The sad reality for all of us in the 5A is that PA has widened the gap. Going into the season Wynne was probably the only team that anyone gave a chance to knock off PA. That would have required a major improvement in their defense and some improvement on offense. I got the impression that people questioning this years team are only seeing the defense picking up where it left off and the offense just a small step behind last years team. 4-0 is awesome and they may still be the 2nd best in the 5A, LRCA seems to lay claim to #2, but after last year's championship game standing pat and a slight step less are not enough to challenge PA, not by a long shot.

I hope the teams are not looking that far ahead but taking it one week at a time. Each week where you can play and compete on Friday night is a precious jewel and should be cherished

Jackets3

.   With so many expert coaches in our stands we should have just scrapped the coaching search and hired one of these gurus from the stands!🤔

way2go

Quote from: Jackets3 on September 27, 2017, 02:56:42 pm
.   With so many expert coaches in our stands we should have just scrapped the coaching search and hired one of these gurus from the stands!🤔

I think that's the fantasy.  ::) ::) ::)

MDXPHD

Quote from: JessieP on September 27, 2017, 12:10:04 pm
I don't think any Wynne fan was speaking negatively about this year's team but rather wondering if they had advanced enough to challenge PA. The sad reality for all of us in the 5A is that PA has widened the gap. Going into the season Wynne was probably the only team that anyone gave a chance to knock off PA. That would have required a major improvement in their defense and some improvement on offense. I got the impression that people questioning this years team are only seeing the defense picking up where it left off and the offense just a small step behind last years team. 4-0 is awesome and they may still be the 2nd best in the 5A, LRCA seems to lay claim to #2, but after last year's championship game standing pat and a slight step less are not enough to challenge PA, not by a long shot.

I disagree. I think the Wynne team this year would have a better chance. Hill scores a lot of points, but he runs an up tempo offense that hurts against a team like PA. Van slows the entire game down and gives his defense plenty of time to rest. Snaps the ball at 3-5 seconds and really drains that clock. That's why you see the scores are a little different this year. Monticello in 09 was similar. Barely beat dequeen, barely beat white hall, beat PA 34-20....He's done it before. Many of his games were 30s and 40s in points, not the 50s and 60s Wynne fans want. I think people are forgetting how good a coach he is.

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 27, 2017, 04:33:18 pm
I disagree. I think the Wynne team this year would have a better chance. Hill scores a lot of points, but he runs an up tempo offense that hurts against a team like PA. Van slows the entire game down and gives his defense plenty of time to rest. Snaps the ball at 3-5 seconds and really drains that clock. That's why you see the scores are a little different this year. Monticello in 09 was similar. Barely beat dequeen, barely beat white hall, beat PA 34-20....He's done it before. Many of his games were 30s and 40s in points, not the 50s and 60s Wynne fans want. I think people are forgetting how good a coach he is.

I believe Monti went undefeated that year

MDXPHD

Quote from: Overdahill on September 27, 2017, 04:40:00 pm
I believe Monti went undefeated that year

They did. And when Van was there, they played solid defense and won games scoring 30 points or so, not necessarily scoring 50s and 60s like Wynne wants. I would be excited if I was a Wynne fan.

wynnefootballfan

Quote from: MDXPHD on September 27, 2017, 04:42:55 pm
They did. And when Van was there, they played solid defense and won games scoring 30 points or so, not necessarily scoring 50s and 60s like Wynne wants. I would be excited if I was a Wynne fan.

I like it. A big factor in beating PA or like teams is cutting there number of snaps in half or as much a possible anyway. Its tough to beat someone when you dont have the ball.

JacketDad

Deltaswarm3, Jacketfan16, Jacketfan and Jackets3 are all VERY new posters.  It is already obvious that they want to really mix things up.  Almost seems like they are not really Wynne fans just trying to rile up us Jacket fans.

Deltaswarm3

Quote from: JacketDad on September 27, 2017, 04:58:47 pm
Deltaswarm3, Jacketfan16, Jacketfan and Jackets3 are all VERY new posters.  It is already obvious that they want to really mix things up.  Almost seems like they are not really Wynne fans just trying to rile up us Jacket fans.
Dude you need to go back and read my post, everything that I've said about the TEAM has all been positive, I'm satisfied with the way things are going and I'm very proud of the team, I think Paschal is an excellent coach and he's doing great with the kids!

way2go

Their posts were pretty positive. I think oldjacketman and the voice win the negativity prizes.

Jackets3

I've been on here for 3 years and I don't say anything negative about Wynne, I just don't have a high post count because I feel like we have enough douchey posters from Wynne on here as it is. I like Coach Hill and I also like Coach Paschal as they have both treated my kid great. It just pisses me off how all you Wynne "fans" have it figured out and know what the coaches and kids shoulda, woulda, coulda done. Bottom line this is a game and not life or death and these are a great group of kids that put in work day in and day out and don't deserve criticism from hasbeens, period. I sit on the top row at the 50 yard line every Friday so feel free to come drop your superior knowledge to me. Eddy Chapman

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas