• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Tech Athletics

Started by phdefense, September 09, 2014, 09:08:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

phdefense

Valleysports

I think TECH will always own the All Sports Crown - this is going to be a fun year.  However I'll give the new football coach 4 yrs, then trade him with Beleima - lol.  I've heard the freshman class enrollment is another record breaker - report should be coming out any day.  12,000?

HorseFeathers

ArkansasTechNews reported that the official enrollment is at 12,003 students....That's an increase of 183% since 1997

Valleysports

Wow!  :o

Arkansas Tech University becomes third-largest institution in state

Fall 2014 enrollment figures:
1.University of Arkansas (26,301 – no ranking change)
2.Arkansas State University (13,135 – no ranking change)
3.Arkansas Tech University (12,003 – previously No. 5)
4.University of Central Arkansas (11,698 – no ranking change)
5.University of Arkansas at Little Rock (11,681 – previously No. 3)

HorseFeathers

Won't be to long before they catch stAte...

Romeo

I wonder what the enrollment is in the professional studies program. I think that also has a lot to do with the enrollment increase.

Valleysports

September 14, 2014, 02:47:04 pm #6 Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 04:35:18 pm by Valleysports
Quote from: Romeo on September 14, 2014, 02:01:11 pm
I wonder what the enrollment is in the professional studies program. I think that also has a lot to do with the enrollment increase.

Can you explain what professional studies program is - for enrollment purposes?  I know these are students attending classes on campus.  From what I've heard Tech numbers are some of the most accurate - according to a UCA staff member I know who say's UCA's enrollment comes from all over the globe.  One thing, for sure, Tech hasn't stopped building Dorms for 10 yrs - Skyscraper going up in front of Whataburger now.

Hey HF, plans are being made for a scenic lake where the ditch is (geese hang out) next to 7.

Romeo

They started the professional studies degree about 3 years ago which was an online program designed for non-traditional students who have a certain amount of credits to be able to complete their degree. That's how I completed my degree at ATU. I had previous credits from UAM, the military and ASU Beebe and only needed about 21 credits. I assume they also count professional studies students.

Valleysports

Three years ago?

"Enrollment at ATU has increased by 183% since 1997. This fall marks the 16th consecutive year that Arkansas Tech has established a new institutional record for largest enrollment.

Growth at Arkansas Tech has included many enrollment milestones along the way. Arkansas Tech exceeded 5,000 students for the first time in 2000; 6,000 students in 2003; 7,000 students in 2006; 8,000 students in 2009; 9,000 students in 2010; 10,000 students in 2011; 11,000 students in 2013; and now 12,000 students in 2014."

Romeo

ATU

I no 5 years ago they did not have enough dorms and they were putting kids in hotels until something opened up.4 years ago kids started staying at visa apartments.

HorseFeathers

September 14, 2014, 09:37:03 pm #11 Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 09:39:20 pm by HF
Quote from: ATU on September 14, 2014, 08:45:04 pm
I no 5 years ago they did not have enough dorms and they were putting kids in hotels until something opened up.4 years ago kids started staying at visa apartments.

They bought an old Hotel out on I-40 a few years ago, used it for a year...They sold it not to long ago. In last 7ish years, they've opened Baswell, reconverted a building back to dorms(Crites Hall?), built the new dorm in between Wilson and Crites, built Baswell on to the football stadium, leased out like half of Vista Place apartments(I say half, because last info I had it was a good chunk that they actually were putting students into), and are building the new one. They did tear down a dorm in that time span, but it was only 1 or 2 floors and had been condemned by inspectors. It is crazy how much Tech has grown in the time span since I graduated high school in 07...

And that's crazy about the lake, will they just run their cross country practice/meets around the lake after it's built?

Valleysports

Maybe pond might be a better term.  Good point though, I'll make sure we don't forget the cross country team.

The_Pioneer

The_Pioneer

No idea what you're talking about.

HorseFeathers

He was referring to anothe rone of Tech's construction plans....Apparently they are planning on putting a pond out front where the geese like to congregate...

Valleysports

Quote from: Lionheart88 on February 27, 2015, 08:42:17 am
3 conference titles in one year, when you include soccer.  ATU's won the All-Sports Trophy every year since the GAC's inception*, but OBU's making a hard push to take it away this year.

*Being the biggest university but offering the fewest sports in the conference pays off, I guess.

Lionheart88, I had to google to find out if Tech took their 4th straight All-Sports (they squeezed out a 3 point victory over Harding).  But what surprised me was OBU finished 7th according to the article.  Anyway just from my perspective - Tech might've caught that gear we've been looking for, even if we do rely on our women LOL.  Volleyball is 14-0 in conference, led my two freshmen.  Girls basketball is highly ranked, one of the better teams in awhile (and that is saying a lot).  Football looks to be back.  Baseball is expecting a good year.       

Longfellow

Quote from: Valleysports on November 09, 2015, 12:58:42 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on February 27, 2015, 08:42:17 am
3 conference titles in one year, when you include soccer.  ATU's won the All-Sports Trophy every year since the GAC's inception*, but OBU's making a hard push to take it away this year.

*Being the biggest university but offering the fewest sports in the conference pays off, I guess.

Lionheart88, I had to google to find out if Tech took their 4th straight All-Sports (they squeezed out a 3 point victory over Harding).  But what surprised me was OBU finished 7th according to the article.  Anyway just from my perspective - Tech might've caught that gear we've been looking for, even if we do rely on our women LOL.  Volleyball is 14-0 in conference, led my two freshmen.  Girls basketball is highly ranked, one of the better teams in awhile (and that is saying a lot).  Football looks to be back.  Baseball is expecting a good year.     
Per my friend on the baseball team, it's all gonna come down to pitching. All-conference closer graduated among some others, but the potential is there

Legend

Tech has been the big dog every since UCA left

Valleysports

Alright TECH Volleyball finished up 15-1 tonight, with a sweep of OBU.  They'll be favorites in  the tournament, but only slightly, they are still young.  I think it could go to any one of several schools, just depends on who's has it on tournament day. 

Legend

The womens sports a Tech has alwasy been solid. How many national titles does Tech have?

Valleysports

Quote from: Legend on November 13, 2015, 05:38:23 am
The womens sports a Tech has alwasy been solid. How many national titles does Tech have?

Oh too many to count. I know Tech Girls Basketball is one of the top winning'st teams in DII History.

Legend

Thats awesome. Im waiting for ATU-Ozark to start a team and give them a run for their money lol.

Valleysports

I'm thinking more like TECH joining DI and giving Clemson a run for their money.  But we can't even get Clemson to play us in preseason now...

Legend

Why when we win everything weve played Arkansas in.

Valleysports

The Wonder Boys (8-3) will face Lone Star Conference member Eastern New Mexico (6-5) inside Bulldawg Stadium in Copperas Cove, Texas, on Dec. 5.

http://arkansastechsports.com/news/2015/11/16/FB_1116154308.aspx?path=football

The_Pioneer

I think I'd go if it was the Texarkana bowl.  Just can't see driving past Waco in early December for a game.  Go Wonderboys!

Longfellow

Tech wins!!! Wonderboys beat eastern New Mexico 51-35 in the Heart of Texas Bowl! Great job Wonderboys

Legend

Longfellow

If you're not watching Tech/Harding basketball, you are missing out. With 6:00 left in the first half, Tech leads 43-33. 30 of Harding's points have come via the 3 point shot

Longfellow

Tech and Harding combined for 19 three's in the first half. Harding, with 13, needs 9 three's to break the single game GAC record. Harding leads 54-49 at the half

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas