• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A Score, Schedules and Comments

Started by OldTimeCager, November 25, 2014, 09:08:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OldTimeCager

11/24 Games

Gravette lost 40-64 at home vs. McDonald County, MO
Playing a lot of very young and inexperienced guards.  6'7" Post fouled out with 1 point
@ home tonight vs. Farmington

Huntsville defeated Rogers at home 69-51

someone reported that Shiloh lost by ~10 to Ozark - Ozark shouldn't be very good this year

Max Preps shows that Berryville has already lost to both Marshall and Elkins.  That doesn't bode well for Berryville.  Does anyone know how they did against Green Forest last night?

Upcoming Games:
Pea Ridge @ Elkins
Gravette vs. Farmington
Lincoln vs. Greenland
Shiloh @ Heritage
Prairie Grove @ Rogers (Wed)

4AWhistler

Boys- Lincoln 51 Greenland 46

Closer than it should have been due to poor shooting in the first half.

4AWhistler

November 25, 2014, 10:25:31 pm #2 Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 10:27:14 pm by 4AWhistler
Greenland girls over Lincoln by around 20.

HorseFeathers

Gonna sticky this for now....If others would like to do some Score/Schedule/Standings threads for their conferences I can sticky those as well..

OldTimeCager

Girls
Gravette 18 Farmington 63
Possibly the worst team in school history, and I've been watching Gravette basketball since the late 1960's

Boys
Gravette 41 Farmington 75
Beau took it easy on the lions.  Second five played the 2nd and 4th quarters.
Gravette is averaging 36 PPG

Ole Legend

Pea Ridge plays Greenwood tonight in the first round of the Van Buren Citizens Bank Invitational.

Ole Legend

PR beat Greenwood by about 20. Will probably play Bentonville on Thursday.

4AWhistler

Lincoln boys over Haas Hall by about 30 in the Decagur Holiday Hoops Tournament.  Will probably face Gravette Thursdsy night.  Gravette was leading Exeter at the half.

bighurt411

Does anyone know the Gentry girls are this year?

leaglebb

Huntsville Girls played in the Signature Bank Tourney in Van Buren tonight and defeated Cedarville 57-34.  They play Little Rock Christian Thursday night and this should be a good game to watch.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: leaglebb on December 02, 2014, 08:57:23 pm
Huntsville Girls played in the Signature Bank Tourney in Van Buren tonight and defeated Cedarville 57-34.  They play Little Rock Christian Thursday night and this should be a good game to watch.

Congrats on the W , good luck Thursday night ,our girls play Parargould Thursday

Cajun Hog

leaglebb

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 02, 2014, 09:26:51 pm

Congrats on the W , good luck Thursday night ,our girls play Parargould Thursday

Thanks NEA!  I don't know what Paragould has back from when we played them in the title game, but I wish Brookland a W against a good 5A program.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: leaglebb on December 02, 2014, 10:22:25 pm
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 02, 2014, 09:26:51 pm

Thanks NEA!  I don't know what Paragould has back from when we played them in the title game, but I wish Brookland a W against a good 5A program.

Thanks leaglebb, I believe they return 3 starters , we will find out Thursday

OldTimeCager

1. How did PG look against Farmington and how do you see them stacking up in the conference?

2. Gravette beat Exeter 49-14.  All subs most of the second half and running clock in the 4th.  Gravette looked better than they have in their first four games, but Exeter is bad.  They will play Lincoln in the Decatur tourney Thursday at 5:30.  I'm anxious to see that game to see how they compare.

3. Lincoln guards are undersized and very average at best.  The league is so far down this year.  Their post player does a nice job, but he is small.  Goldman didn't have to do much.  As everyone knows, he shoots the ball extremely well, but he is still playing on the perimeter for most of the game.  He can drive a little, but can't score off the dribble.  Does a nice job of drawing attention when he drives and dishing the ball for the assists.  Stop Goldman, stop Lincoln.  I think they beat Gravette with their press.

channing

Second game ive seen PG boys play this year, Too many turnovers !!!!! not much of any guard play at all. their 3 4 and 5 postion are pretty good,  The big guy (Soehner) is still rusty from football but he will get their. they appear to have no depth at all. If they can solve the guard situation they can compete with anyone. 

OldTimeCager

Lack of guard play seems to be the theme of the conference this year.  Gravette's guards are undersized and inexperienced.  Same for Lincoln's guards.  I've heard Shiloh has no guards.  Several have said the same about Prairie Grove.  Berryville can't replace Carr - their early results indicate they aren't very strong.  Gentry should be improved, but I don't think they have any great guards.  After Huntsville and Pea Ridge, it may come down to who's guards settle in first and which coach can put in a system to beat the press and exploit the other team's guards.  I'm at a loss right now predicting 3 through 8.

Ole Legend

Quote from: channing on December 03, 2014, 09:45:10 am
Second game ive seen PG boys play this year, Too many turnovers !!!!! not much of any guard play at all. their 3 4 and 5 postion are pretty good,  The big guy (Soehner) is still rusty from football but he will get their. they appear to have no depth at all. If they can solve the guard situation they can compete with anyone.

What was the score to this game?

channing

DerekOxford

Farmington boys won 58-38. Jeremy Mueller had 21 to lead the Cardinals.

channing

Look at that guy, all over that score and update!!  bet your a farmington guy. You guys do win alot of regular season games.  Been to the State Tourney lately?  2009 right ?

DerekOxford

Quote from: channing on December 03, 2014, 04:33:53 pm
Look at that guy, all over that score and update!!  bet your a farmington guy. You guys do win alot of regular season games.  Been to the State Tourney lately?  2009 right ?

Not a Farmington guy. It's pretty easy to pick up a newspaper and get the score and who the leading scorers were.

channing

OldTimeCager

Sure wish more coaches would use Max Preps and post game results.  The Democrat Gazette does such a poor job of covering anyone except the 7A.

Anyone know the results of Gentry's games against West Fork and Elkins?

Berryville vs. Green Forest and Greenland?

Lincoln and Gravette meet tonight in the Decatur Tournament.

DerekOxford

Quote from: channing on December 04, 2014, 10:21:47 am
Congrats !!!   excellent work

I just find it comical that you would assume I'm a Farmington guy because I posted that they won by 20 and who their leading scorer was, when you've made it very apparent you're a "PG guy."

If I have any allegiance to a school, it's Fayetteville. I'm an alum and have been going to their games for years. I actually live in Prairie Grove now, which makes all of this ironic.

channing

I was just going by some of your other posts, Its Ok though, do you need a hug?  I really have no dog in the fight,  But Farmington does get some undue accolades for a school (boys anyway) that hasnt won a big game (tournament wise ) in 5 or so years. They have been pretty much the biggest 4A school for several years with a large talent pool and very poor post season results.   

channing

And its ok , I have no problem for people posting about who they root for, just dont say your bias when your posting alot of info concerning your team,  I could be wrong but did you post the score and leading scorer of the District Championship games last March of Prairie Grove beating Farmington?

leaglebb

Correction:  Citizens Bank Classic (not signature bank).  Don't want to offend anyone...Lol!!!

DerekOxford

Quote from: channing on December 04, 2014, 11:15:20 am
I was just going by some of your other posts, Its Ok though, do you need a hug?  I really have no dog in the fight,  But Farmington does get some undue accolades for a school (boys anyway) that hasnt won a big game (tournament wise ) in 5 or so years. They have been pretty much the biggest 4A school for several years with a large talent pool and very poor post season results.   

What do "some of my other posts" say? Don't need a hug. You really have no dog in the fight? You're a PG homer, almost every single one of your posts mentions PG in some form or fashion. As for their postseason results, who cares? What "accolades" are they getting?

Quote from: channing on December 04, 2014, 11:18:43 am
And its ok , I have no problem for people posting about who they root for, just dont say your bias when your posting alot of info concerning your team,  I could be wrong but did you post the score and leading scorer of the District Championship games last March of Prairie Grove beating Farmington?

"just dont say your bias when your posting alot of info concerning your team" What? When did I say I was biased? My team?

channing

I do pull mostly for PG, My point was its ok for anybody to be a homer and post and support their team. It just seemed that you have a bias towards farmtown and didnt want to say it.  Just my humble opinion.

DerekOxford

Quote from: channing on December 04, 2014, 02:25:44 pm
I do pull mostly for PG, My point was its ok for anybody to be a homer and post and support their team. It just seemed that you have a bias towards farmtown and didnt want to say it.  Just my humble opinion.

No bias towards Farmington from me. I'm happy for them if they do well, but not any more so than any of the other area schools. I have friends at all of the area schools (Farmington, PG & Lincoln, and also places like Elkins, Greenland, West Fork). I like watching them in all sports.

NEA Razorback olfan

How are the Greenland girls , they are playing in the Green County Tech tourney that starts tonight vs Jonesboro.

WPWells

Greenland girls are very good. They're 3A though

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on December 04, 2014, 03:20:31 pm
Greenland girls are very good. They're 3A though

Thanks, they take on 6A Jonesboro , who has improved a lot this year, but not a powerhouse like the Jonesboro boys. We beat them a couple of weeks ago

OldTimeCager

Halftime Lincoln 27 Gravette 18
Goldman was scoreless first quarter and a half scored tied at 17. He then out scored Gravette 10 to 1 to end the half. Gravette's guard committed ~15 turnovers leading to 8 uncontested points. That's the difference in the game.

DerekOxford

Gravette pulled off comeback, won 52-50.

Cajun Hog

Hey he's a sports writer for NWA papers.

DerekOxford

Quote from: Cajun Hog on December 05, 2014, 07:34:02 am

Hey he's a sports writer for NWA papers.

Nope. I help them out when they need it as a correspondent, but I'm not a full-time sports writer for them. I do something completely different full-time for NWA Media.

channing

Looks like Gravette vs. Lincoln was competitive,  How many did Goldman score? didnt see anything in paper

DerekOxford

Quote from: channing on December 05, 2014, 12:35:26 pm
Looks like Gravette vs. Lincoln was competitive,  How many did Goldman score? didnt see anything in paper

It was in there; Goldman had 16. The Wolves were up 43-31 in the fourth, but Gravette started chipping away and pulled out the W. Greg White, who has been Brad Stamps' top assistant for the last four years at Springdale, coaches Gravette now. Outstanding coach. They'll be a tough out by the end of the year.

4AWhistler

December 05, 2014, 10:22:46 pm #40 Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 11:40:11 pm by 4AWhistler
Decatur 47 Lincoln 44

Lincoln just not in sync.  I'm impressed with the agressive play in the low post, though.

Cajun Hog

Boys: Farmington 52 - Huntsville 38 finals of Greenland Tournament and Gentry beat Greenalnd.

Leroy88

Lincoln takes on Lamar tomorrow in the semifinals of the Scranton tourney

channing

Huntsville beat Decatur 66-44;  Prairie Grove beat West Fork 67-39 in Senior Boys Green Forrest Tourney. Anybody go and have a wrap up of the games?

OldTimeCager

Ouch!  Gravette girls lose last night to Webb City, MO  73-11

OldTimeCager

Gravette boys move to 4-3 on the season with a 64-42 win over Elkins.

Other scores from last night?  How is Gentry doing - no results posted on MaxPreps?  How about Shiloh?

Berryville is not looking too good based on MaxPrep results.  Elkins is 1-5 with their only win over Berrryville.  Lincoln doesn't look too good with losses to a below average Gravette team and Decatur.

Thoughts?

4AWhistler

Lincoln boys win by more than 20 and defeat Lamar in the semifinals of the Scranton Tournament.  Will face Scranton in the finals on Saturday.

OldTimeCager

Games Friday, December 12th

Gravette @ Carthage, MO
Lincoln @ Scranton Tourney Finals - is this correct?  vs. who?
Pea Ridge vs. Southside (Batesville)
Gentry @ Haas Hall - has anyone heard ANY results from Gentry?
Berryville vs. Green Forest
Prairie Grove @ Farmington
Shiloh?
Huntsville?

leaglebb

Quote from: OldTimeCager on December 12, 2014, 11:53:13 am
Games Friday, December 12th

Gravette @ Carthage, MO
Lincoln @ Scranton Tourney Finals - is this correct?  vs. who?
Pea Ridge vs. Southside (Batesville)
Gentry @ Haas Hall - has anyone heard ANY results from Gentry?
Berryville vs. Green Forest
Prairie Grove @ Farmington
Shiloh?
Huntsville?

Huntsville girls are playing Wonderview tonight in a tournament in Morrilton.  I'm not sure what time they play.  I don't know about the boys.  If I hear any scores I'll post them.

leaglebb

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas