• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lincoln Maroon/White game

Started by Leroy88, November 07, 2014, 12:31:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Leroy88

Is anybody going to make it to the Lincoln Maroon/White game on Saturday night? I'll try to make it and see what the senior boys will have. They will have all the football players back for the game so we should be able to have at least a little outlook on what Lincoln will have this year.

4AWhistler

I'll be there, and am ready for basketball season.  Football boys have their first practice with the team this afternoon.

Leroy88

November 08, 2014, 10:21:07 pm #2 Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 05:34:45 pm by Leroy88
Quote from: 4AWhistler on November 08, 2014, 01:37:14 pm
I'll be there, and am ready for basketball season.  Football boys have their first practice with the team this afternoon.

4AWhistler what did you get out of Saturdays scrimmage? Any surprises coming from Lincoln?

4AWhistler

November 10, 2014, 07:24:18 pm #3 Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 07:26:35 pm by 4AWhistler
A fifteen minute scrimmage didn't give me a very good picture of what to expect other than I think the guard position is going to be a struggle this year.  I don't see a strong ball handler who can hold up against a lot of pressure.

Biggie has gotten more aggressive and will be asked to play inside quite a bit more this year.  There is a 6'3" junior who will see a lot of play, and that may help open up opportunities for Biggie to move outside for his 3's.  With only 2 seniors, this will be a rebuilding year, I believe.  With the talented seniors from last year dominating the amount of time played, this year's group of Juniors haven't seen much playing time since their freshman year.  They will be tested early on at Charleston this Tuesday night.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas