• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brookland Lady Bearcats 2014-15

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, October 06, 2014, 09:42:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

October 06, 2014, 09:42:41 pm Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 02:41:23 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
 Lady Cats

SR  Cali Millagan PG
SR  Menley Long SG
SR  Alexa Thompson SG
SR  Nichole Ross SG
SR  Hannah Topalian PF/C
JR  Bailey Lovrien SG/PF
JR  Rachel Gramling SG/PF
JR  Hayley Morgan C
SO Shelby Nettles PF
JR  Madison Loflin SG
SO Taylor Reddick SG
JR  Rachel Thompson PG
JR  Emilee Redmond PG
JR  Molly Wall G
JR  Emiley Marshall G
JR  Callie Culbreath G
JR  Hannah Gossett G

Lady Bearcats start the season off by hosting Riverside Lady Rebels Nov 13th JV/Varsity
Then Travel to Bentonville Sat Nov 15 JV/Varsity

BROOKLAND LADY BEARCAT
BASKETBALL SCHEDULE 2014-15
Day/Date Opponent Place Teams Time
Tuesday, 11/4 Dennis Manley Scrimmage Home All Teams 5:00
11/10th,11th,13th Valley View Jr. Inv. Tourn Valley View Jr TBA
Thurday, 11/13 Riverside Home Sr JV & V 6:00
Saturday, 11/15 Bentonville (Benefit Game) Away JV & V 2:00
Saturday, 11/15 7th Grade Playday Home 7th TBA
Tuesday, 11/18 Nettleton Away Jr, Sr 5:00 TBA
Monday, 11/24 Jonesboro/MacArthur Away Jr, Sr. 5:00
Tuesday, 11/25 GCT Away 7th,8th, Jr 5:00 4:00
Monday, 12/1 Rivercrest Home Jr Girls & Boys 6:00
12/4th,5th,6th Knockout Classic @ GCT GCT Sr TBA
Tuesday, 12/9 *Westside Away 7th, Jr, Sr 5:00
Friday, 12/12 *Trumann Away 7th, Jr, Sr 5:00
Tuesday, 12/16 *Harrisburg Away 7th, Jr, Sr 5:00
12/18th,19th,20th Nettleton Jr. Inv. Tourn. Nettleton Jr TBA
Monday, 12/22  VS  Little Rock Central   (Red Devil Classic @ Jacksonville) Sr. TBA
Tuesday, 12/23  VS Jacksonville (Red Devil Classic @ Jacksonville) Sr. TBA
12/27th, 29th, 30th Beebe Invititational Tourney Beebe Sr TBA
Monday, 1/5 *Highland Home 7th, Jr, Sr 5:00
Friday, 1/9 *Gosnell Away 7th, Jr, Sr 5:00
Tuesday, 1/13 *Pocahontas Away 7th, Jr, Sr 5:00
Friday, 1/16 *Cave City Away 7th, Jr, Sr 5:00
Monday, 1/19 *Westside Home 7th, Jr, Sr 5:00
Thursday, 1/22 *Trumann Home 7th, Jr, Sr 5:00
Monday, 1/26 *Harrisburg Home 7th, Jr, Sr. 5:00
Thursday,1/29 *Gosnell Home 7th, Jr, Sr. 5:00
Monday, 2/2 *Highland Away Jr, Sr JV & V 5:00
Thursday, 2/5 *Pocahontas Home Jr, Sr JV & V 5:00
Monday, 2/9 *Cave City Home Sr. JV & V 6:00
Friday, 2/13 Harding Academy Searcy Sr. 6:00
2/9th,10th,12th,14th Jr. High District Tourney Highland Jr
2/16th,17th,18th,20th Sr. High District Tourney Cave City Sr
Feb. 25th-28th Regional Tournament TBA Sr
March 4th -7th State Tournament TBA Sr
March 12th-14th State Finals TBA Sr
* Denotes conference games

chickasaw fan

Any of them girls have any college offers or looks???

NEA Razorback olfan

I talked to Cali's dad the other day and he said she was getting some looks, he said he thought a few others were getting looks also. I'll probably hear more when season rolls around.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: chickasaw fan on October 07, 2014, 12:09:49 am
Any of them girls have any college offers or looks???

Menley Long getting some looks from a college in Texas is the word I heard tonight

NEA Razorback olfan

October 21, 2014, 04:44:59 pm #4 Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 04:51:45 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Special S/O to Bailey Lovrein and Rachel Gramling 2014 4A State Tennis Champs in doubles!!

Now it's almost Basketball season!!

NEA Razorback olfan

October 25, 2014, 11:26:06 pm #5 Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 11:28:41 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Great to see all the Players, Coaches, and Fans at the Meet the Bearcats Banquet tonight , Girls are excited bout the start of the season and are ready to play! Coach is looking to improve from last year with a good non conference schedule to really push the girls.After next week we get our Vball girls and will see them scrimmage Nov 4th at Meet the Bearcats!

NEA Razorback olfan

After watching the red /White game tonight, The Lady Bearcats are going to be a lot better than Last years team.

NEA Razorback olfan

November 08, 2014, 11:16:27 pm #7 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 11:55:56 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
SR Menley Long
Sophmore highlight
:

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland over Riverside on Buzzer Beater by Menley Long 43-40.

PASS

Riverside must be legit, because I know Brookland is.

leaglebb

Quote from: PASS on November 14, 2014, 07:39:06 am

That sounds like it was a good game.  I figure a lot of teams will have the first game rust/jitters to contend with.  And, that's just girls basketball, gotta love it!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: leaglebb on November 14, 2014, 11:43:42 am
Quote from: PASS on November 14, 2014, 07:39:06 am

That sounds like it was a good game.  I figure a lot of teams will have the first game rust/jitters to contend with.  And, that's just girls basketball, gotta love it!

Riverside was 5-1 coming into the contest with a lot of good talent coming up / hit  like 6 3 pointers on the game and should do very well in their conference. I heard coach was trying different combinations with some of the sophs. Defense wasn't rotating on the press and gave up easy lay ups. Rachel Gramling led the Lady Bearcats w/ 11 pts and sit out half the game in foul trouble. We missed a ton of easy baskets around the goal. Heard our JV played a lot better than our varsity did , Madison Loflin , Opened up the game with 3 straight 3's for a 9-0 start in that game that we won 44-33. Her younger sister Ally led our Jr girls over Annie Camp (Jonesboro). 22-19 last night with 11pts.

Hogfan167

Riverside went through the Brookland press very easily. I saw the game and Brookland wasn't much better (if any) than Riverside. Sounds like some Brookland fans were making excuses neaolfan.

AT

NEA Razorback olfan, does Mike Perryman still have a coaching responsibility at Brookland. Is he a head coach?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Hogfan167 on November 15, 2014, 08:47:20 am
Riverside went through the Brookland press very easily. I saw the game and Brookland wasn't much better (if any) than Riverside. Sounds like some Brookland fans were making excuses neaolfan.

Hogfan, Ill admit was a little surprised when I heard about the game , I did hear everyone was really impressed with the Riverside Lady Rebels!! they must have played great !! I plan on going and watching them in the NEA tourney. I'll know more about Brookland after I watch them play Nettleton Tuesday.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 15, 2014, 01:51:12 pm
NEA Razorback olfan, does Mike Perryman still have a coaching responsibility at Brookland. Is he a head coach?

Not that I know of

NEA Razorback olfan

Bentonville 62
Brookland 31
Final   Max preps

Hogfan167

Bentonville just too big a school for Brookland to handle most of the time.

NEA Razorback olfan

Yep , they beat us pretty dang good, no doubt

chickasaw fan

Wow ol fan that's a beat down!! Was Bentonville that good?? Looks like  brookland teams are having trouble scoring. jr and sr. Is there that big of gap between 6/7 and 4a schools??

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: chickasaw fan on November 16, 2014, 12:17:24 pm
Wow ol fan that's a beat down!! Was Bentonville that good?? Looks like  brookland teams are having trouble scoring. jr and sr. Is there that big of gap between 6/7 and 4a schools??

Chickasaw, I really have no idea right now, I'm not going to make excuses for them, All I hear from the Parents and fans is we are not playing no where the level of ball we played last year. Right now we are not playing like a top 10 in 4A , and they way we are playing , were probably not top in our conference. Girls need to really step it up!! I knew we would miss 2 time All State Jordan Maynard running the point, but Cali ran it a lot last year very well. Not many teams out shot Brookland last year from outside. So far Brookland hasn't shot it very well at all ,which is the first things I noticed watching them warm up in the red and white game. Its early though, so there is time for improvement. Win or lose I will be there rooting for Brookland.

NEA Razorback olfan

Menley Long game winner vs Riverside 11-13-14

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas