• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Girls top 10

Started by PASS, August 10, 2014, 09:20:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cardfan1

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 18, 2014, 11:22:34 pm
Quote from: leaglebb on October 18, 2014, 11:03:32 pm
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 18, 2014, 04:23:16 pm
Quote from: Easy on October 18, 2014, 04:07:43 pm
I did see Brookland lose to Beebe this summer at Brookland

Yes I heard that was a great game , Beebe won by a point I believe

Did Brookland win the PG game?

leaglebb, I didn't make that camp, maybe Cardfan1 can let us know the score ?

The game I saw Brookland defeated PG. Very competitive game. Both groups play hard, get after you defensively, and are aggressive attacking the basket.

Cardfan1

Quote from: leaglebb on October 19, 2014, 06:47:30 pm
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 19, 2014, 04:38:13 pm
Thanks for the info, Huntsville sounds pretty tough, should do great in conference play. Brookland has a pretty good group kinda like your Huntsville group, JR Conference and district champs Back to Back years. Not many loses. Looking back at last years schedule at 29-5 ,the only teams we lost to were Jonesboro , Valley View, (3times) and State runner up CAC.

Last year we  Started  1 Sr, 2 Jr, 2 sophs,.... we have a few freshman guards that can keep up with our Sr guards in Jr high. Another very athletic group coming up.

I believe Coach wanted to play some Larger schools this year so he got , Bentonville,( LR Central, and Jacksonville in Red Devil Classic)    Only way to get better is to play good competition.

Here's some of Huntsville's summer tournament wins/losses.  They were without two senior post players out with injury that will be back when the season starts.
Wins:
Pulaski Academy (5A) beat them twice during the summer
North Little Rock (7A)
Morrilton (5A)
Alma (5A)

Losses:
Lake Hamilton (7A) lost by 1 pt
Vilonia (5A) lost by 1 pt
Farmington (5A) lost by 1 pt
Star City (4A) lost by (?)

What camp did Huntsville and Farmington play at

leaglebb

Quote from: Cardfan1 on October 19, 2014, 07:04:07 pm
Thanks for the info, Huntsville sounds pretty tough, should do great in conference play. Brookland has a pretty good group kinda like your Huntsville group, JR Conference and district champs Back to Back years. Not many loses. Looking back at last years schedule at 29-5 ,the only teams we lost to were Jonesboro , Valley View, (3times) and State runner up CAC.

Last year we  Started  1 Sr, 2 Jr, 2 sophs,.... we have a few freshman guards that can keep up with our Sr guards in Jr high. Another very athletic group coming up.

I believe Coach wanted to play some Larger schools this year so he got , Bentonville,( LR Central, and Jacksonville in Red Devil Classic)    Only way to get better is to play good competition.

Here's some of Huntsville's summer tournament wins/losses.  They were without two senior post players out with injury that will be back when the season starts.
Wins:
North Little Rock (7A)
Morrilton (5A)
Alma (5A)

Losses:

Morrilton

Cardfan1

Quote from: leaglebb on October 19, 2014, 07:05:59 pm

Wins:
North Little Rock (7A)
Morrilton (5A)
Alma (5A)

Losses:

Morrilton

Don't believe Farmington went to Morrilton. Lady Cards went out to Tulsa, UA, AAO, and Harding. May have been another in there but I think it was in NWA.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Cardfan1 on October 19, 2014, 07:02:59 pm
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 18, 2014, 11:22:34 pm
Quote from: leaglebb on October 18, 2014, 11:03:32 pm
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 18, 2014, 04:23:16 pm
Quote from: Easy on October 18, 2014, 04:07:43 pm
I did see Brookland lose to Beebe this summer at Brookland

Yes I heard that was a great game , Beebe won by a point I believe

Did Brookland win the PG game?

leaglebb, I didn't make that camp, maybe Cardfan1 can let us know the score ?

The game I saw Brookland defeated PG. Very competitive game. Both groups play hard, get after you defensively, and are aggressive attacking the basket.

Thanks Cardfan1, I new it would be a very competitive game, PG has a great girls program.

NEA Razorback olfan

Cardfan1, do you know much about Bentonville?? , we head over there Nov 15th for benefit game

Cardfan1

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 19, 2014, 07:59:28 pm
Cardfan1, do you know much about Bentonville?? , we head over there Nov 15th for benefit game

They should have quite a few kids off last years squad back. They'll be physical defensively and are usually very fundamentally sound. Experienced guard play will be a strength but had some good young post/forward types traveling the AAU circuit this summer. Should be in the mix for a playoff spot in the tough 7A West.

NEA Razorback olfan

October 19, 2014, 08:40:41 pm #57 Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 08:52:23 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: Cardfan1 on October 19, 2014, 08:28:45 pm

They should have quite a few kids off last years squad back. They'll be physical defensively and are usually very fundamentally sound. Experienced guard play will be a strength but had some good young post/forward types traveling the AAU circuit this summer. Should be in the mix for a playoff spot in the tough 7A West.

Thanks for the info, sounds like a good match up .  Do they have a lot of good shooters?

NEA Razorback olfan

I believe PG and Farmington both stream their games online , I will try and catch Huntsville vs PG when they play. Do Huntsville and Farmington play this year??

chickasaw fan

old fan, at what point will brookland matchup against Huntsville?? that's the game I want to see!! Or CAC??? Last year I thought brookland was   too slow for CAC in the  state tourney. I watched some game footage the other day. Will them young athletic  freshmen be ready to move up come tourney time  this year?

leaglebb

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 19, 2014, 08:55:15 pm
I believe PG and Farmington both stream their games online , I will try and catch Huntsville vs PG when they play. Do Huntsville and Farmington play this year??

Yes, Huntsville will play Farmington in the pre-conference according to the AAA schedule posted, but I don't know if that's accurate or not.  How do you watch the stream online?  Is there a link?  I would enjoy watching other teams games instead of always having to ask someone with the team after the fact.

leaglebb

Quote from: Cardfan1 on October 19, 2014, 07:41:41 pm

Wins:
North Little Rock (7A)
Morrilton (5A)
Alma (5A)

Losses:

Morrilton

Don't believe Farmington went to Morrilton. Lady Cards went out to Tulsa, UA, AAO, and Harding. May have been another in there but I think it was in NWA.

Ok, I'll have to double check that to make sure I didn't misunderstand from the parent who told me.  That means maybe we didn't lose to them which I like even better!   :)

leaglebb

This a good description of Bentonville from what I saw of them last year when we played them.

NEA Razorback olfan

Pgtigersonline I believe is the websight.

NEA Razorback olfan

October 20, 2014, 12:15:07 pm #64 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 02:26:48 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: chickasaw fan on October 19, 2014, 11:48:17 pm
old fan, at what point will brookland match up against Huntsville?? that's the game I want to see!! Or CAC??? Last year I thought brookland was   too slow for CAC in the  state tourney. I watched some game footage the other day. Will them young athletic  freshmen be ready to move up come tourney time  this year?

CAC is in our Region this year Which will be extremely tough just to make it to State, The Huntsville match up would probably only happen at State. From what I remember at state we did look kinda slow, not real sure why , we did have OT game vs PG the night before, but CAC is really tough, can't take anything away from them , they just outplayed us , and it was a good learning experience especially for our young Sophs,it was like 20-18 half and tied in the 3rd with 3 min left, their Post player had a great 4Th qr.

Is there a web sight that streams that game?

I believe our freshman guards could help after JR Season,  sure be nice if they grew to around 5'7-5'9... By then ...Lol

leaglebb

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 20, 2014, 12:01:05 pm

Thanks NEARO!  I'll try that out.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: leaglebb on October 20, 2014, 03:22:58 pm
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on October 20, 2014, 12:01:05 pm

Thanks NEARO!  I'll try that out.

No problem, I believe PGtelco.com covers Farmington, PG, and Lincoln games

Cajun Hog

October 20, 2014, 09:48:42 pm #67 Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 09:51:13 pm by Cajun Hog
Quote from: leaglebb on October 20, 2014, 11:19:49 am

Yes, Huntsville will play Farmington in the pre-conference according to the AAA schedule posted, but I don't know if that's accurate or not.  How do you watch the stream online?  Is there a link?  I would enjoy watching other teams games instead of always having to ask someone with the team after the fact.

Farmington won't be streaming November and December games.  They should stream once they move into new gymn Janurary.

Huntsville and Farmington play December 9th @ Farmington

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Cajun Hog on October 20, 2014, 09:48:42 pm

Farmington won't be streaming November and December games.  They should stream once they move into new gymn Janurary.

Sounds good , Thx Cajun Hog

leaglebb

Quote from: leaglebb on October 20, 2014, 11:23:02 am

Wins:
North Little Rock (7A)
Morrilton (5A)
Alma (5A)

Losses:

Morrilton

Ok, I'll have to double check that to make sure I didn't misunderstand from the parent who told me.  That means maybe we didn't lose to them which I like even better!   :)

Ok, My bad.  I've confirmed that Huntsville and Farmington didn't play during the summer.  I got them and Vilonia mixed up.    They will play in the preseason at Farmington.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: leaglebb on October 23, 2014, 11:29:11 am
Quote from: leaglebb on October 20, 2014, 11:23:02 am

Wins:
North Little Rock (7A)
Morrilton (5A)
Alma (5A)

Losses:

Morrilton

Ok, My bad.  I've confirmed that Huntsville and Farmington didn't play during the summer.  I got them and Vilonia mixed up.    They will play in the preseason at Farmington.

What date ?

leaglebb

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: leaglebb on October 23, 2014, 01:21:58 pm

[/

That sounds like a good one !!! Wish I could watch that matchup !!

NEA Razorback olfan

Cardfan , since you have seen Brookland , how do you think they matchup vs Bentonville ?

leaglebb

I've seen them ranked as high as 5th in 7A in the state, so they may be pretty salty.  I can't remember what site I saw that on.

Romeo

Christyn Williams of CAC might eventually become the most highly recruited player to come out of Arkansas, boys or girls. She's already got six division I offers and she's only a freshman.

Straydog6

Quote from: Romeo on November 01, 2014, 12:21:53 pm
Christyn Williams of CAC might eventually become the most highly recruited player to come out of Arkansas, boys or girls. She's already got six division I offers and she's only a freshman.
I agree she may possibly be so...kid has game. She's legit.

NEA Razorback olfan

Wow , that's impressive, like to watch her play sometime. How tall is she?

Straydog6

Coachbanks12

I haven't seen anyone really talk about Malvern will they be any good this year? I know they had a few girls graduate do they have anyone moving up to help who was left?

PASS

After watching a few games, here is my updated top 10:

1 Ozark
2. Huntsville
3. Brookland
4. Riverview
5. Pottsville
6. CAC
7. Prairie Grove
8. Star City
9. Malvern
10. Heber Springs

Bulldog92

Quote from: PASS on December 13, 2014, 10:08:31 pm

1 Ozark
2. Huntsville
3. Brookland
4. Riverview
5. Pottsville
6. CAC
7. Prairie Grove
8. Star City
9. Malvern
10. Heber Springs
PASS what is going on at CAC?  Just a slow start, team chemistry,etc...???

PASS

Don't really know. My guess is that Miller (who is playing at Hatding Univ. now) was a bigger loss than most people expected. Plus I don't think once you get past their top 3 players, that their supporting cast is near as good as last years. Not saying they won't be, just not yet. The freshman is everything she is hyped up to be, but she is still a freshman & will be inconsistent (but I'd still take her on my team any day!!!) my honest guess after having seen them play, is that they are a quarterfinal type team this year. But there is still is plenty of time to get it going.

redskinsfan

Quote from: PASS on December 13, 2014, 10:08:31 pm

1 Ozark
2. Huntsville
3. Brookland
4. Riverview
5. Pottsville
6. CAC
7. Prairie Grove
8. Star City
9. Malvern
10. Heber Springs

I think Pocahontas may need to be in that top 10. Since I admit I am biased here is my rational: 9-1 record (lost to the Batesville Pioneers 1st game of the year at Batesville), won Williams Baptist College tourney where they defeated 3x defending champ Marmaduke and won the Lyon's College tourney where they defeated Heber Springs 65-52 (the #10 listed above). I'm definitely not saying the best in the state, however I feel their accomplishments warrant a top 10 spot. Since my opinion my be seen as biased, what would you say about the facts I have presented?

PASS

I definitely think they deserve to be. Didn't realize they were having such a good year. Keep us updated as the season progresses.

NEA Razorback olfan

1 Ozark
2 Huntsville
3 Riverview
4 Pottsville
5 CAC
6 Star City
7 Praire Grove
8 Malvern
9 Pocahontas
10 Brookland

always88

Everyone has Prairie Grove ranked in top 10. Has anyone watched them play? Starting mostly juniors,  good group of girls but will have to fight hard to win their conference, let alone be in contention for a state title unless all of 4A is significantly down this year.

GobsRule

Quote from: always88 on December 17, 2014, 10:21:19 pm
Everyone has Prairie Grove ranked in top 10. Has anyone watched them play? Starting mostly juniors,  good group of girls but will have to fight hard to win their conference, let alone be in contention for a state title unless all of 4A is significantly down this year.
They beat Huntsville.

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland 66
Jacksonville 48
Final

MDXPHD

Quote from: Straydog6 on November 01, 2014, 12:51:02 pm
Quote from: Romeo on November 01, 2014, 12:21:53 pm
I agree she may possibly be so...kid has game. She's legit.

She's pretty good.  It's gonna be hard to top Stricklen as far as girls go, top ten player (nationally) in most rankings and as high as top 5.  Malik Monk is top 10 in most ratings and top 5 in several also. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland 42
Riverview 53
Final
Beebe Tourney 1st rd

NEA Razorback olfan

After 3
Harding 18
Riverview 47
Girls

NEA Razorback olfan

Harding 20
Riverview 53
Girls final

Bulldog92

Riverview beat CAC and Brookland, school that just moved up seems to be one of the top contenders!!

the realist

Riverview has a tough matchup with 7A Bryant tonight. Should be interesting game.

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland 57
Sylvan Hills 46
Final

Riverview girls definetely a contender!!

Bulldog92

Quote from: the realist on December 30, 2014, 12:03:59 pm
Riverview has a tough matchup with 7A Bryant tonight. Should be interesting game.
What time do they play?  Let us know how it goes.

the realist

Riverview girls won by more than 15. Sorry I don't remember the score.

razorsharp94

Huntsville girls win the Lendel Thomas Classic in Harrison beat Bergman, Russellville, and FS Southside. They are now 11-3 with a wins in the Van Buren tournament, and LT classic. Also they were runners-up in the Morrilton Tournament beaten by PA. Three of their four losses were all by one point to Ozark,PA, and Prairie Grove. They have wins over Rogers, Van Buren, FS Southside, Russellville, and Pottsville to name a few. Lady Eagles are contenders for sure. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: razorsharp94 on January 01, 2015, 08:42:21 pm
Huntsville girls win the Lendel Thomas Classic in Harrison beat Bergman, Russellville, and FS Southside. They are now 11-3 with a wins in the Van Buren tournament, and LT classic. Also they were runners-up in the Morrilton Tournament beaten by PA. Three of their four losses were all by one point to Ozark,PA, and Prairie Grove. They have wins over Rogers, Van Buren, FS Southside, Russellville, and Pottsville to name a few. Lady Eagles are contenders for sure.

Agree!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas