• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Boys Favorites

Started by hawgfan15, March 28, 2014, 01:41:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgfan15

Who are the early top teams going to be? Who has a lot coming back and moving up? Any surprises next season like Nashville was this year?

DogsWin7

How does Nashville and Ashdown look for 2015?    How many starters return?

hawgfan15

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 28, 2014, 01:44:51 pm

Nashville returns two starters:
Jr LaMichael Pettway (6'3)
Soph Trey Hughes (6'3)

You could really say they return 3 starters if you count Freshman Darius Hopkins (5'11)who played starters minutes when he was moved up.

They also just had a kid move back at semester from Colorado who will start at the other guard next season. He will be a junior next season and his name is Deajeon Armstrong (5'10).

Soph Troy Thomas will most likely be the starting center with big shoes to fill. He is about 6'4 but still raw.

Nashville loses a lot inside with Alexander and Shamrock graduating but the Scrappers will be much improved on the perimeter. I think they will be better next year and should be a preseason top 8 team at least.

PASS

Arkansas Baptist loses Noah Patterson & Dillon Newkirk, their 2 best athletes, but return everyone else. Plus they move up a 7'0" & still growing 9th grader, who is extremely skilled for his age & height. He shoots 3 well. Will need to add weight to become dominant though. AB should have a good year, but 2016 should be their best year.

centralarkansasbasketball

I don't know who else Bauxite has to go with him, but Ben Madison will be back and he is one of the top players around.

DogsWin7

Well....Waldron I understand joins this conference.   They are under new leadership of Coach Dale Mann who had been currently at Texarkana High.   I believe it's down around that way.   

Any word on the other schools and what they return?

BHS2014

Brookland will be a contender even though they lose 4 starters. They will return 6' Forward Dillon Groves and 6'2 shooter and 6th man Reece Gramling. Other juniors also played significant minutes all season as Brookland played 9 or 10 players a game. Their biggest downfall will be losing senior point guard CJ Henry.

Eagle20

Who will be good in the 4A-4 boys?  I am a fan of Baptist and would like to know a little bit about the teams and individual players.

Basketball13

Quote from: Eagle20 on April 08, 2014, 10:43:18 am
Who will be good in the 4A-4 boys?  I am a fan of Baptist and would like to know a little bit about the teams and individual players.

Subiaco has lots of talent. They are always well coached by Tencleve look for them to possibly win the district.

HogNation

Quote from: hawgfan15 on March 28, 2014, 05:17:50 pm

Soph Trey Hughes (6'3)

You could really say they return 3 starters if you count Freshman Darius Hopkins (5'11)who played starters minutes when he was moved up.

They also just had a kid move back at semester from Colorado who will start at the other guard next season. He will be a junior next season and his name is Deajeon Armstrong (5'10).

Soph Troy Thomas will most likely be the starting center with big shoes to fill. He is about 6'4 but still raw.

Nashville loses a lot inside with Alexander and Shamrock graduating but the Scrappers will be much improved on the perimeter. I think they will be better next year and should be a preseason top 8 team at least.

That Darius kid can really play some ball. Seen him play during the playoffs and seen him play AAU. You don't see Nashville move a 9th grader up like they did him very much and they did it in football and basketball.

hawgfan15

Quote from: HogNation on April 29, 2014, 02:27:40 pm
Quote from: hawgfan15 on March 28, 2014, 05:17:50 pm

Soph Trey Hughes (6'3)

That Darius kid can really play some ball. Seen him play during the playoffs and seen him play AAU. You don't see Nashville move a 9th grader up like they did him very much and they did it in football and basketball.

He is a special talent. He will be one of the best to ever come out of Nashville if not the best.

He is playing up on a 10th grade AAU team this summer and is dominating the competition. There is no doubt football is his future though

Real deal

I know they lose some key players, but I say Brookland will be back in the mix.

Billie Blue

Monticello lost two seniors one a starter and the other a some times starter off of a state semi finals team losing to the state champion brookland so we should be back in the mix the jr high team lost only one game and was the conference champions so it will be a lot of talent coming up from the jr. high ranks also

BannerMountainMan

Well Clinton might only get second or third place this year :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)....... from the bottom

hawgball11

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 31, 2014, 05:12:27 pm
Well....Waldron I understand joins this conference.   They are under new leadership of Coach Dale Mann who had been currently at Texarkana High.   I believe it's down around that way.   

Any word on the other schools and what they return?

What happened to Joey Curtis?

DogsWin7

A friend told me today that they read in the Newspaper he resigned....apparently is headed to Berryville??   If I understood correctly.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on May 23, 2014, 12:36:37 pm
A friend told me today that they read in the Newspaper he resigned....apparently is headed to Berryville??   If I understood correctly.

He is at berryville as as jr boys coach.

Oldref

Saw Pocahontas play a couple of times in the Rib City Classic at Dexter Missouri Friday and Saturday. They are going to be in the conversation in this classification. Good overall size, rebound well,  can shoot  the three and are well coached.

BigMan15

Bauxite looks pretty good do u think they will make some noise

Eagle20

No size but great guard play and good young coach.

BigMan15

I agree there guards are pretty amazing

think

Quote from: BigMan15 on July 25, 2014, 12:11:50 pm

Have you seen them play in any team camps?

Eagle20

Madison averaged 27 ppg last year seeing junk defense all the time.  He can score with anybody.  The transfer from Bryant does a nice job holt hinges together.  Solid player.

BigMan15

Quote from: think on July 26, 2014, 09:27:59 am

ive seen them twice this year one time in ozark

arkhoops94

Quote from: BigMan15 on July 26, 2014, 04:02:27 pm
Quote from: think on July 26, 2014, 09:27:59 am

ive seen them twice this year one time in ozark
Bauxite is pretty good. but look for Ozark to shock a lot of people, they went 15-2 in summer league and the only two losses was to Bauxite by 3 and Berryville by 1. They have a good group of Juniors and Sophomores coming up.

Eagle20

Where will Ozark finish in their conference?

arkhoops94

I think they will finish 2nd or 3rd. Ark Baptist will be 1st, I don't really know what Subiaco has but they are usually a contender every year. Ark Baptist has two brothers that are 7 foot and they will be hard to handle, both play for AR Wings. Ozark lacks in size but can shoot the lights out and play tough defense, they can compete with anybody in their conference, its gonna be fun to watch this year in the 4-4A.

BigMan15

My son plays for Paris so I can tell u ozark will surprise some they play great defense but lack size...

arkhoops94

Paris is very similar to Ozark, young with a lot of potential. Paris plays Ozark this year at Paris, should be a great matchup. Paris has a great group of guards, and so does Ozark, both teams shoot the ball very well. The tallest player on Ozark is a sophomore guard that is 6'3 almost 6'4, so they do lack in size but they are a very physical group.

BigMan15

My son is the sophomore that just moved in the redhead and many people say but when he gets rolling good with them they will be pretty good and I think they will upset some folks

Ozark is good, but Bauxite did pull out their starters with 3 min left up 14...they came back and Bauxite put their starters back in when Ozark came back. Ozark will be good though.

arkhoops94

Bauxite is a very good team, the Madison kid is a incredible athlete.. I heard he was getting scouted to go play MLB straight out of high school. They also have a good guard that moved in from Bryant also.

hawgfan15

Nashville and Bauxite the early favorites in 7-4A? I would rank the conference:

1. Nashville
2. Bauxite
3. Malvern
4. Arkadelphia
5. Ashdown
6. Fountain Lake
7. Mena
8. Waldron

It will be hard to determine this conference.  Not just one team that is more dominating than anyone else.  It could go several ways.  I think Malvern will be much better this year.  Arkadelphia lost several players, but will still be athletic.  Nashville lost their two post kids, but have several other returners.  Who knows.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Eagle20 on July 30, 2014, 10:26:57 am
Where will Ozark finish in their conference?

Bottom half of their conference. Very small and not much help from LY 9th graders. 

redskinsfan

They have a lot of seniors on the team this year. Will probably start 4 seniors and 1 junior. I heard they looked good, but I heard they were missing their senior point guard during that tournament.

Quote from: Oldref on June 08, 2014, 09:43:06 am
Saw Pocahontas play a couple of times in the Rib City Classic at Dexter Missouri Friday and Saturday. They are going to be in the conversation in this classification. Good overall size, rebound well,  can shoot  the three and are well coached.

Real deal

Quote from: redskinsfan on August 02, 2014, 03:41:14 pm
They have a lot of seniors on the team this year. Will probably start 4 seniors and 1 junior. I heard they looked good, but I heard they were missing their senior point guard during that tournament.

Quote from: Oldref on June 08, 2014, 09:43:06 am

I picked Brookland to win it all last year after seeing them in the summer.  This is coach Brewington and the Redskins year at Pocahontas.  I know 4A is tough, but I'm picking the Redskins.  Have all the parts you need plus a great coach.

BigMan15

Quote from: arkhoops94 on July 30, 2014, 06:27:10 pm
Bauxite is a very good team, the Madison kid is a incredible athlete.. I heard he was getting scouted to go play MLB straight out of high school. They also have a good guard that moved in from Bryant also.
I heard that as well also there is a senior on Dover that is getting recruited from Arkansas for baseball....

Mississippi King

I know it's early but has anybody heard any rumors about who may bid on each regional and/or the state tournament in 4A this year?

Ole Legend

Quote from: arkhoops94 on July 30, 2014, 10:57:17 am
I think they will finish 2nd or 3rd. Ark Baptist will be 1st, I don't really know what Subiaco has but they are usually a contender every year. Ark Baptist has two brothers that are 7 foot and they will be hard to handle, both play for AR Wings. Ozark lacks in size but can shoot the lights out and play tough defense, they can compete with anybody in their conference, its gonna be fun to watch this year in the 4-4A.

I wasn't impressed with Ozark last year at all. They didn't really have a player that I would consider above average. Also, they played in a weaker conference last year than what they will play in this year.

basketballfan3

Favorites
Brookland - defending champ and great coach
CAC - key returners who won their conference and regional and add a few transfers that sat out last year
Ark Baptist - solid guards and two 7 footers
Dollarway and Monticello - always loaded with athletes
Nashville - finished the year strong last year the freshman PG they had last year is a good player, well coached

Surprise team - Estem -  decent athletes, good transfers, could see them making some noise

redskinsfan

Quote from: basketballfan3 on October 18, 2014, 05:46:51 pm
Favorites
Brookland - defending champ and great coach
CAC - key returners who won their conference and regional and add a few transfers that sat out last year
Ark Baptist - solid guards and two 7 footers
Dollarway and Monticello - always loaded with athletes
Nashville - finished the year strong last year the freshman PG they had last year is a good player, well coached

Surprise team - Estem -  decent athletes, good transfers, could see them making some noise

You do know that Brookland lost 4 of 5 starters and I think 2 of the first 3 off the bench from last years team. They will still be a good team, but not a favorite to win state.

NEA Razorback olfan

Dillon Groves - starter
Reece Gramling - 6th man
Tyler Hudson  7th man

Will be back for Brookland, not sure who will fill other spots

Silky Johnson

I know it was just team camp but I could tell Coach Gross was upset a majority of the games Brookland played. Not a rare occurrence because he's always looking to improve but there were a few games where even the returning players were a little lost and I thought he might jump out of his own skin.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Silky Johnson on October 19, 2014, 12:44:23 pm
I know it was just team camp but I could tell Coach Gross was upset a majority of the games Brookland played. Not a rare occurrence because he's always looking to improve but there were a few games where even the returning players were a little lost and I thought he might jump out of his own skin.

Yes , that's Coach Gross

l0l

Quote from: hawgfan15 on July 30, 2014, 11:13:11 pm
Nashville and Bauxite the early favorites in 7-4A? I would rank the conference:

1. Nashville
2. Bauxite
3. Malvern
4. Arkadelphia
5. Ashdown
6. Fountain Lake
7. Mena
8. Waldron

Bauxite returns 4/5 starters from last years team that went to state, including Madison who averaged 28 ppg. Madison stepped up huge this season in football in a leadership role. Last years problem seemed to be depth (6 maybe 7 kids stepped in a game). This year they look to be around 9-10 solid depth. First half of the season #10, Baxley will miss due to a knee and elbow injury from football. Come January team will be at full strength and looking strong for a run. Kid from Bryant shoots the ball well, as well as, some of the sophomores/freshmen that moved up.

noonerricky

Quote from: Eagle20 on July 25, 2014, 02:26:12 pm

I will say this much about Bauxite, they are well coached. They have 1 loss so far to Riverview in which Ben Madison didn't play bc he was benched for a game. Even without him they look decent but definitely needs him. They also are very young. 2 9th graders in which one starts. Should be interesting.

l0l

Quote from: noonerricky on December 08, 2014, 11:44:38 pm
Quote from: Eagle20 on July 25, 2014, 02:26:12 pm

I will say this much about Bauxite, they are well coached. They have 1 loss so far to Riverview in which Ben Madison didn't play bc he was benched for a game. Even without him they look decent but definitely needs him. They also are very young. 2 9th graders in which one starts. Should be interesting.

Not to mention they have a starter from last year still out with injury.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas