• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkadelphia @ Pea Ridge - SEMIFINALS

Started by POTUS, November 24, 2017, 09:17:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

POTUS

Sorry Ashdown bros, but barring any miracle comeback, this is going to be the match up. Thoughts?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: POTUS on November 24, 2017, 09:17:51 pm
Sorry Ashdown bros, but barring any miracle comeback, this is going to be the match up. Thoughts?

Arkadelphia by quite a few.

POTUS

I gotta feeling this is going to be a last years Nashville style game, where we show out, and get back to the Rock.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: POTUS on November 24, 2017, 09:21:37 pm
I gotta feeling this is going to be a last years Nashville style game, where we show out, and get back to the Rock.

Nashville had no defense though. Badgers have arguably the best or 2nd best defense in 4A.

Sports Guru

fourpeat

I was there tonight.  Ashdown's only offense was on one play in the second quarter.  A 90+ yard TD pass.  The rest of the game, Arkadelphia stuffed them!!!  Zero offense!!!  We'll see what Pea Ridge has.  I'm sure it's super good!!!  Can't wait for this one:)

POTUS

Quote from: fourpeat on November 24, 2017, 09:24:21 pm
I was there tonight.  Ashdown's only offense was on one play in the second quarter.  A 90+ yard TD pass.  The rest of the game, Arkadelphia stuffed them!!!  Zero offense!!!  We'll see what Pea Ridge has.  I'm sure it's super good!!!  Can't wait for this one:)

If that's the case, I'm sure our offense is better than Ashdown.

mossflyer

It is...just don't know if it's 52 points better.

Bigbossman

Arkadelphia wins, and then losses to Warren in the state game.

Rugman15

fourpeat

November 24, 2017, 09:53:59 pm #10 Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 10:11:01 pm by fourpeat
Be careful!  I've been around for decades and have seen some crazy turnarounds.  Scores vs Scores don't mean anything in the playoffs. 
However, scores of significance:
Pea Ridge 50 Hamburg 30 (in early season)
Pea Ridge 37 Hamburg 7 (in playoffs)
Pea Ridge 29 Booneville 19 (early season)
Pea Ridge 22 Booneville 19 (in playoffs)
Ashdown 56 Hamburg 10 (in early season)
Nashville 35 Ashdown 28 (mid-season)
Booneville 24 Nashville 21 (playoffs)
Arkadelphia 34 Nashville 24 (mid-season)
Arkadelphia 44 Ashdown 26 (late-season)
Arkadelphia 59 Ashdown 7 (playoffs)

beach bum

Arkadelphia defense looks smothering at this point.... Badgers 42 Pea Ridge 14

beach bum

Quote from: POTUS on November 24, 2017, 09:21:37 pm

Except that this Badger team has a real defense...

RyanLR

I'm telling you, I've been saying all season that Arkadelphia has one of the most ferocious defenses I've ever seen. They are super disciplined, fly to the football, and they force a LOT of turnovers.

elmerfudd

If Booneville had won tonight, I would've been dreading Arkadelphia because of their defense. Booneville held Pea Ridge under 30 points twice this season, causing lots of turnovers along the way, and I know our defense doesn't even compare to Arkadelphia's.

I typically want to see the team that knocks us out go on to win it all....but I don't see how that's likely this year.

Rugman15

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 24, 2017, 10:47:54 pm
If Booneville had won tonight, I would've been dreading Arkadelphia because of their defense. Booneville held Pea Ridge under 30 points twice this season, causing lots of turnovers along the way, and I know our defense doesn't even compare to Arkadelphia's.

I typically want to see the team that knocks us out go on to win it all....but I don't see how that's likely this year.

Yeah pea ridge has a 0% chance of winning this game.  No way at all...

prHOG13

This one is going to be very tough for Pea Ridge. Arky is playing at an extremely high level and will be fresh coming off a bye week in round 1 of the playoffs due to the unfortunate accident for HWH, and two blowouts the next two rounds. That defense is something else, and it will take a perfect game from Pea Ridge. Can't turn it over like we did tonight (3 in the first quarter) and have to create some turnovers on defense. It's getting late in the season and we're pretty banged up, but these boys will still fight with anyone.

Pea Ridge is in the semifinals for the 3rd consecutive season, and this group of Seniors has 36 wins which is the most in Pea Ridge history. They've put up some great numbers in their careers with Drew Winn over 4k rushing yards and over 70 TD's, Sainsbury over 5k passing yards and 60 TD's, and Holtgrewe over 1k receiving yards and 10+ TD's in three consecutive seasons. All 3 have offers to multiple in-state schools.

bigchief72455

What does PR have after these 3 graduate?

Spurfan

Yes fourpeat. im sure yall offense will be better. asbdow  was just hit to hard with the injury  bug. losing hill and bishop was to much to overcome. losing division one talent is sometimes hard to overcome. good luck to all teams in semis. all are deserving and good teams

prHOG13

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 25, 2017, 02:48:08 am
What does PR have after these 3 graduate?
There will be a drop off for sure. Just too much talent and experience to replace. I think we will still be battling for 2nd/3rd in the 1-4A but it'll be Shiloh's conference for two years until we likely move up to 5A in 2020.

bigchief72455

I was wondering. Those are the players most talked about. Wasn't sure if there were some others right behind them.

prHOG13

Quote from: bigchief72455 on November 25, 2017, 01:51:30 pm
I was wondering. Those are the players most talked about. Wasn't sure if there were some others right behind them.
Most of the defense is Jr's and Soph's outside of 2 or 3 players, but the playmakers on offense all move on and there isn't much experience behind them at QB, WR, or RB. It'll be an interesting transition next year

Jabali

beach bum

Quote from: Rugman15 on November 25, 2017, 12:32:19 am
Yeah pea ridge has a 0% chance of winning this game.  No way at all...

Precisely....

Bearcatdad

prHOG13

Like moths to a flame, the Booneville folks and beach bum run to a PR thread to point out that PR stands no chance.

Adorable. Congrats to Arky on the extra fans.

elmerfudd

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 25, 2017, 09:32:12 pm
Like moths to a flame, the Booneville folks and beach bum run to a PR thread to point out that PR stands no chance.

Adorable. Congrats to Arky on the extra fans.

You know Pea Ridge is classless when they drive others to side with a 4A-7 team! Go Arky!

Bearcatdad

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 25, 2017, 09:39:52 pm
You know Pea Ridge is classless when they drive others to side with a 4A-7 team! Go Arky!
+1

KASH dba The Lumberjack

There's still an 8 4a team you can cheer for too...

prHOG13

Arky fans may not appreciate you rooting for them against PR considering the results of your rooting interests. If that helps you cope, though... then do what you need to do.

Jabali

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 25, 2017, 09:52:58 pm
Arky fans may not appreciate you rooting for them against PR considering the results of your rooting interests. If that helps you cope, though... then do what you need to do.

Again with the whining! Its not a very good look.

elmerfudd

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 25, 2017, 09:52:58 pm

I'm sure they'll appreciate my "rooting interests" having three state titles. That's three better than your's 😘

elmerfudd

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 25, 2017, 09:51:56 pm
There's still an 8 4a team you can cheer for too...

If Warren plays Pea Ridge, you have my support! Until then.....😁

prHOG13

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 25, 2017, 09:57:21 pm
I'm sure they'll appreciate my "rooting interests" having three state titles. That's three better than your's 😘
Hopefully those will bring you comfort when you think about losing 3 straight to those classless morons from Pea Ridge.

Rugman15

Quote from: Jabali on November 25, 2017, 09:56:27 pm
Again with the whining! Its not a very good look.

The only people whining here are Booneville posters and beach bum...

elmerfudd

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 25, 2017, 10:09:49 pm
Hopefully those will bring you comfort when you think about losing 3 straight to those classless morons from Pea Ridge.

The fact that my little 3A team made Pea Ridge sweat their jockstraps in the quarterfinals is enough. Enjoy your last week of bragging while it lasts!

Rugman15

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 25, 2017, 10:15:20 pm
The fact that my little 3A team made Pea Ridge sweat their jockstraps in the quarterfinals is enough. Enjoy your last week of bragging while it lasts!

Such a crybaby do you need a tissue 😭😢😞

prHOG13

November 25, 2017, 10:22:49 pm #37 Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 10:24:38 pm by prHOG13
Quote from: elmerfudd on November 25, 2017, 10:15:20 pm
We go commando FYI

Can't afford underwear. Spent it all on fancy replay systems

Rugman15

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 25, 2017, 10:22:49 pm
We go commando FYI

Hahahahahahahaha 😂😂😂😂👍👍👍👍👏👏👏

elmerfudd

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 25, 2017, 10:22:49 pm
We go commando FYI

You should probably get your money back for those replay systems, since no one seems to know how to use them. Then maybe you could spend that money on a portable scoreboard for all your post game photo ops.

Rugman15

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 25, 2017, 10:29:29 pm
You should probably get your money back for those replay systems, since no one seems to know how to use them. Then maybe you could spend that money on a portable scoreboard for all your post game photo ops.

Horrible comeback...you lose this banter fight: game, match 😄! 

prHOG13

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 25, 2017, 10:29:29 pm
2.5/10

Hit the showers, come back tomorrow ready to go and bring the effort level up. We'll be here waiting for you.

Rugman15

Quote from: prHOG13 on November 25, 2017, 10:44:35 pm
2.5/10

Hit the showers, come back tomorrow ready to go and bring the effort level up. We'll be here waiting for you.

+1

Nacho

Well...I think Arkadelphia is going to win. 17-10.

FootBallar21

Arkadelphia ROLLS!

Arkadelphia 28
Pea Ridge 7

beach bum

dukes424

Pea Ridge 31  Arky 24  It sure is great making 3 straight semi final appearances.  The four best teams are left who's gonna win it all? I got my Hawks baby bring it on. Beach Bum and all the crybaby Booneville guys come sit and cheer for the Hawks we need a big crowd and since you guys are sitting at home doing nothing you may as well come on down to the game! ;D

Rugman15

Pea Ridge 14
Arky 13

Defensive battle.  The pea ridge defense is back and the offense does just enough to get the win.  It's reallg not as crazy as it sounds.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Rugman15 on November 26, 2017, 11:51:13 am
Pea Ridge 14
Arky 13

Defensive battle.  The pea ridge defense is back and the offense does just enough to get the win.  It's reallg not as crazy as it sounds.

Yeah, that sounds pretty crazy.

mharris31696

Badger defense is no joke. Southside with less than 100 yards and Ashdown with 144 yards and 73 of that came on one play. Badgers take it 35-10

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas