• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone going to challenge NLR in 2015

Started by Cabotred, June 18, 2014, 11:16:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Cabotred

With S-dale graduating and losing most of there players from last year, who is going to challenge NLR?

I know Bville will have Monk and company.  Any other NWA teams going to have a shot?  I don't believe that the other Central teams will be able to handle them. Cabot is going to be young, only 2 Sr on team and one of those didn't get any playing time last year. Most likely they will start 1 Sr, 3 Jrs and 1 Sophmore.  Any others Central teams have the talent to upset NLR?

mack

Quote from: Cabotred on June 18, 2014, 11:16:24 am
With S-dale graduating and losing most of there players from last year, who is going to challenge NLR?

I know Bville will have Monk and company.  Any other NWA teams going to have a shot?  I don't believe that the other Central teams will be able to handle them. Cabot is going to be young, only 2 Sr on team and one of those didn't get any playing time last year. Most likely they will start 1 Sr, 3 Jrs and 1 Sophmore.  Any others Central teams have the talent to upset NLR?

Jonesboro,,, Rice?

ricepig

Quote from: mack on June 18, 2014, 03:21:43 pm
Quote from: Cabotred on June 18, 2014, 11:16:24 am

Jonesboro,,, Rice?

I think he was talking about 7A state tournament Mack, but yeah, we'll be good again. We'll have more inside presence, and while there is no way to replace Ross, Pointer has run the PG for the Wings Elite all summer.

Cabotred

Yes I was talking about 7A. I know Jboro and NLR will be great games. There are more than just Jboro in 6A that would give NLR a good game. Parkview is going to be tough again. Benton is going to surprise a few.

mack

Quote from: Cabotred on June 18, 2014, 03:58:58 pm
Yes I was talking about 7A. I know Jboro and NLR will be great games. There are more than just Jboro in 6A that would give NLR a good game. Parkview is going to be tough again. Benton is going to surprise a few.

Ahhh, my bad.  I was thinking conference.

You don't lose a 20 point per game player, and not miss a beat.  We will be good, but just how good, who knows?  I think we'll be more balanced, but it was nice having two guys who could get you a bucket anytime you needed it.  Now it's one.

Cabotred

Is KJ Hill going to play basketball for his senior year?  Some player with football offers just concentrate on being ready for their freshman year at college.

ricepig

Quote from: Cabotred on June 18, 2014, 03:58:58 pm

Yep, PV had a couple of 9th graders that would have started most places.

rammer

They are not going to challenge NLR this year, and not sure just how good they will be this year, but I went out to the Cabot arena last night to watch some summer games (which mean nothing), and this is the most athletic Cabot team I have seen in the 10 years I have lived in Cabot. Probably more athletic than the Adam Sterrenburg team, and I believe there is only 1 senior on the team. Cabot has several players that can play above the rim, which is not the norm for them. May be a team to watch out for in the next couple of years.

centralarfan

NLR will not be nearly as good as they were when the first title was won.  However, NLR will be tough to beat as long as Allen is there. I believe another player will return to play after leaving a year ago. Depth will be the only weakness I can see with this season's team.

Cabotred

Quote from: rammer on July 16, 2014, 08:47:50 am
They are not going to challenge NLR this year, and not sure just how good they will be this year, but I went out to the Cabot arena last night to watch some summer games (which mean nothing), and this is the most athletic Cabot team I have seen in the 10 years I have lived in Cabot. Probably more athletic than the Adam Sterrenburg team, and I believe there is only 1 senior on the team. Cabot has several players that can play above the rim, which is not the norm for them. May be a team to watch out for in the next couple of years.

Come back tonight. Last of summer league games. Look for biggest man there in a red shirt and come introduce yourself. I normally sit about center court row 7 or 8.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas