• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NLR vs. Bentonville

Started by NLR4Eva, March 08, 2014, 10:36:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NLR4Eva

centralarfan

I believe NLR will prevail. NLR is a good squad. However, not nearly as strong as last season. It will be difficult for the one man show to defeat NLR. It will be a great game to watch.

Hobosguts32

Bentonville is just too young to hang with NLR....15 point game when it's all over.

voiceofthepanthers

I hate that it's early afternoon. Someone keep us updated please.

GB5Hoops

Tbh, I was at both the NLR vs West Memphis game and the Bentonville vs Cabot game and Bentonville impressed me the most! They play together extremely well and Monk has tons of help! #0 killed the glass, dude got EVERY rebound and #1 is really good with the ball in his hand and he has a good looking shot!

Don't count Bentonville out just yet!

Brian G

BHS has brought up a 9th grader that didn't play with them all year.  Not that common a move for large schools.  He got minutes vs. Cabot.  I expect they are needing his ball handling vs. NLR

TheMercenary

Quote from: B.G. on March 09, 2014, 02:42:09 pm
BHS has brought up a 9th grader that didn't play with them all year.  Not that common a move for large schools.  He got minutes vs. Cabot.  I expect they are needing his ball handling vs. NLR

Northside also brought up a Freshman, T. Brewer, not sure how many min. he's getting- haven't seen them in this tournament yet.

Brian G

Hobosguts32

That game was the first time they have played like a team in about a month. The losses vs Springdale and Fayetteville last week must have straightened them out, because before the game vs Cabot, it was the Malik Monk and Jake Caudle show. Nobody else did anything. Glad to see them playing as a team again.

Brian G

Early on, I saw Dixon take more shots than he had been.

Cabotred

Yes we did move a 9th grader up, Jarod BArnes. He is a very gifted athlete. He plays both FB and BB. Most likely will be starting QB next year. He was able to play in a couple of JV and Varsity games then the two playoff games we had.and did very well He is a true point guard which we didn't have all season. This summer Jarod will be playing for the Wings.  A good portion of second half vs Bville there was 1 freshman, 3 sophmore, and 1 jr. the jr was Jake Fergerson, I think he will be signing a football LOI  soon for FB, don't know if he will be back. Jarod's older brother will be on BB team next year also.  If the younger guys can come together we will be tough in a couple of years.

Bville played more as a cosehsive unit than what I expected. Dixon had a good game as well as their bigs. If they play like that they will be hard to beat. We were able to hold Monk to 33% from field but could not keep him off foul line  where he was 80% or greater. If a team can keep him from getting to rim they have good chance against them.

ballmember

Will the Conway gym be full since it is on a Monday?  How many will it seat?  thanks.

DerekOxford

NLR by 20.

Something like 68-48.

businesstron

Quote from: TheMercenary on March 09, 2014, 02:56:37 pm

Northside also brought up a Freshman, T. Brewer, not sure how many min. he's getting- haven't seen them in this tournament yet.

BHS's 9th grader was on the floor alot.  He didn't handle the ball much but he was decent on the defensive end.....well good for a freshman.   Northside's 9th grader made a big impact imho.  He handle the ball some and atleast took one jump shot off his own dribble.   He also got to the foul line and made atleast 4 free throws with one of them coming at a pivitol time in the game.   

I was impressed with Cabot's freshman as well.  I think they'll be way better next year.  It's crazy though I don't think I've seen that many freshman suit up like that before.

ricepig

Quote from: businesstron on March 10, 2014, 09:06:14 am

BHS's 9th grader was on the floor alot.  He didn't handle the ball much but he was decent on the defensive end.....well good for a freshman.   Northside's 9th grader made a big impact imho.  He handle the ball some and atleast took one jump shot off his own dribble.   He also got to the foul line and made atleast 4 free throws with one of them coming at a pivitol time in the game.   

I was impressed with Cabot's freshman as well.  I think they'll be way better next year.  It's crazy though I don't think I've seen that many freshman suit up like that before.

Well, the haven't allowed freshman to play in 7A for too long. In the 6A, El Dorado had a guard and a 6'7" postman get some time against Jonesboro. They also had a 6'10" sophomore on the bench.

think

Bryant started 2 9th graders off and on throughout the year. They both started in the state tournament game against West Memphis. They started 2 FR, 1 So, 2 Sr.

zebradynasty

Quote from: ricepig on March 10, 2014, 09:19:07 am

Well, the haven't allowed freshman to play in 7A for too long. In the 6A, El Dorado had a guard and a 6'7" postman get some time against Jonesboro. They also had a 6'10" sophomore on the bench.

Last year PB had 4 Freshman play quite a bit late in the season and in the state tournament.

Cabotred

March 10, 2014, 11:15:27 am #17 Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 11:17:00 am by Cabotred
Quote from: ricepig on March 10, 2014, 09:19:07 am

Did the 6'10" kid play at all?

He is very raw. He has the potential  to be very good. At this time he is good on defensive end altering shots and rebounding. He cannot play away from the basket but why would you want to take him out of lane. Very unsure on the offensive end. At this time he is out of shape and need to work on strength, quickness and footwork. Once he get his confidence up he will be a force.  He spending his weekends and summer in LR working in his game. I know the people working with him and I am sure they will make a player out of him.

mrscoach

mrscoach

56-44 NLR at the end of 3.  All the star players are having good games.

mrscoach

NLR wins 77-64.  Monk had 31 and Beard and Allen had 28 each.

bball1

Conway seats 2,800. People were standing 2 to 3 deep all the way around. Tournament officials locked the doors at halftime and left around 300 standing in line outside. Unbelievable atmosphere for a 2:30 tipoff! No telling how many would have shown up given a better time slot and bigger arena.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas