• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Fairview Down To 6 HC Finalist...Here Is Your List

Started by thalilcrzydawg, April 19, 2016, 10:40:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

thalilcrzydawg

This morning on the LEADOFF MAN SHOW, heard on Fox Sports Radio 92.7, Camden Fairview athletic director Ricky Tucker announced that Camden Fairview's coaching search has been narrowed to six finalists, and also announced that the school expects to have a new coach in place Thursday night when the school board meets in a special called session on Thursday.

Tucker revealed that the school district has received approximately 25 applications since former coach Mike Cox opted to retire after 29 years of coaching. Cox, who was the head football coach at Bearden and Hamburg before coming to Camden Fairview, finished a 2-year stint with the Cardinals with a 14-9 record.

Tucker said the interview process is still going on, but that by Thursday, he and the CF administration will narrow their six finalists down to one which they will recommend to the school board for hiring. The school board will then vote on the hiring of the new coach.

Tucker said the six finalists for the Camden Fairview job include –

• Lance Parker, the grandson of legendary high school coach Jimmy "Red" Parker, and current offensive coordinator of Class 7A Bryant.
• Van Pascal, the current head coach of the Barton Bears, and former coach of the Monticello Billies. Pascal was the head coach at Monticello in 2009 when the Billies defeated the Cardinals 34-6 in the Class 5A state championship game.
• Marcus Moody, the current head coach of the McClelland Lions, who lead his team to state runner-up finish in the 5A classification. The Lions were defeated by Pulaski Academy in the title 2015 game.
• Jake Monden, the current defensive coordinator at El Dorado. The Wildcats have had an extended run of success in Class 6A over the last several years.
• Tyler Cox, the current offensive coordinator of the Camden Fairview Cardinals. Tyler is the oldest son of former Cardinal coach Mike Cox. His brother, Rob, also served as the defensive coordinator for the Cardinals until resigning last month.
• Tim Harper, the current coach at Mena, who led his team to the Class 4A state championship game in 2014

This is on facebook...fox 92.7 radio page.

Beaver Fever

thalilcrzydawg

Quote from: Beaver Fever on April 19, 2016, 10:44:54 am
Pascel, it's a no brained

Hasn't his win total win down every year for the past few years??

AirWarren

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on April 19, 2016, 11:05:23 am
Hasn't his win total win down every year for the past few years??

Barton isn't what it used to be. Plus, they have been scarce in quality depth. He had the athletes at Monticello when he was winning there.

titan33

Paschal has averaged at least 10 wins a season (other than last year which was a down year) since he's been at Barton plus taking them to the Rock in 2011, shortly after winning it all at Monticello in 09. I bet he's ready to get out at Barton and CF would be a place with a bunch of athletes that could have a lot of success.

AirWarren

Quote from: unbiased_fan on April 19, 2016, 12:31:26 pm
I'm not saying he's not a really good coach, I'm just not buying into him being the best fit.

Monden may be the best fit of the bunch just because he is a big, firey guy and I don't think he'll have trouble gaining respect in Fairview, which from what I hear was the problem under Cox.

Nick Saban is a midget if you haven't noticed by football standards. Not sure the size and how "firey" a guy may be because of his size plays a role in being a good coach.

titan33

Quote from: unbiased_fan on April 19, 2016, 12:45:55 pm
It works for Beliema.
Does it though? What has he done since he's been at Arkansas besides winning a few SEC games with an overall record of 18-20 during his time as a the head coach?

thalilcrzydawg

What's the story on Lance Parker from Bryant? What's his resume??

titan33

Quote from: unbiased_fan on April 19, 2016, 12:55:34 pm
Its called building a program.  If John L just resigned from Camden Fairview this would be a much tougher situation.  Beliema had to rebuild the program from ground up, thats what fairview needs more than a guy that can win football games, a program builder.
So who are you saying isn't a program builder? If you're referring to Paschal then you need to check his history. What was Monticello before he was there?? What was Barton a year before he got there? They were shutting the football program down and turning in the pads. Shoot you probably have no idea what he did at Brinkley but that place hasn't been good since he left, matter a fact neither has Monticello. So who are you referring to that isn't a "program builder" in your opinion?

sweets

Good looking list of coaches.  My crew worked games with several of these guys and let me just say, Coach Moody is an officials dream to call a game for.  He told us in the pre-game to let him know if anyone was disrespectful in any way and not once during the game did it happen.  And...... that was the only game that happened.

AirWarren

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on April 19, 2016, 12:59:38 pm
What's the story on Lance Parker from Bryant? What's his resume??

Heralded former Bryant Hornet QB.
Grandson of the great Jimmy Red Parker.

Not sure what else after that.

AirWarren

Quote from: unbiased_fan on April 19, 2016, 12:55:34 pm
Its called building a program.  If John L just resigned from Camden Fairview this would be a much tougher situation.  Beliema had to rebuild the program from ground up, thats what fairview needs more than a guy that can win football games, a program builder.

CF doesn't need to be "built". I promise you there are athletes out there and it takes the right coach to get in there and they are competing for a state title again.

spongebob

Quote from: AirWarren on April 19, 2016, 01:53:52 pm
CF doesn't need to be "built". I promise you there are athletes out there and it takes the right coach to get in there and they are competing for a state title again.
+1

wing

I may be wrong but didn't Moody go 0-10 his first year, 4-6 the next, then to the state finals in his third year? I don't know much about the guy but that's pretty impressive to me. And the fact that he did it at a LR public school in this day and time makes it more impressive. I don't have a favorite but I hope they let whoever is hired run the program the way he sees fit.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: wing on April 19, 2016, 02:55:44 pm
I may be wrong but didn't Moody go 0-10 his first year, 4-6 the next, then to the state finals in his third year? I don't know much about the guy but that's pretty impressive to me. And the fact that he did it at a LR public school in this day and time makes it more impressive. I don't have a favorite but I hope they let whoever is hired run the program the way he sees fit.

+1, that's what I want. Especially if he's running a winning program. And when I say winning I'm not just talking about making the playoffs. I'm talking about a program that has a realistic chance of competing for a title every year. At least conference titles. Because that's exactly where we were when the debacle started.

Youngsta71701

April 19, 2016, 03:12:28 pm #15 Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 03:16:35 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: wing on April 19, 2016, 02:55:44 pm

Like I said earlier as long as the coach is organized, knows what he's doing, and has the kids not out of position even before the play starts I'm cool with that. He has to at least look like he knows what he's doing. If that's the case I believe the talent will take care of the rest.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on April 19, 2016, 10:40:26 am
This morning on the LEADOFF MAN SHOW, heard on Fox Sports Radio 92.7, Camden Fairview athletic director Ricky Tucker announced that Camden Fairview's coaching search has been narrowed to six finalists, and also announced that the school expects to have a new coach in place Thursday night when the school board meets in a special called session on Thursday.

Tucker revealed that the school district has received approximately 25 applications since former coach Mike Cox opted to retire after 29 years of coaching. Cox, who was the head football coach at Bearden and Hamburg before coming to Camden Fairview, finished a 2-year stint with the Cardinals with a 14-9 record.

Tucker said the interview process is still going on, but that by Thursday, he and the CF administration will narrow their six finalists down to one which they will recommend to the school board for hiring. The school board will then vote on the hiring of the new coach.

Tucker said the six finalists for the Camden Fairview job include –

• Lance Parker, the grandson of legendary high school coach Jimmy "Red" Parker, and current offensive coordinator of Class 7A Bryant.
• Van Pascal, the current head coach of the Barton Bears, and former coach of the Monticello Billies. Pascal was the head coach at Monticello in 2009 when the Billies defeated the Cardinals 34-6 in the Class 5A state championship game.
• Marcus Moody, the current head coach of the McClelland Lions, who lead his team to state runner-up finish in the 5A classification. The Lions were defeated by Pulaski Academy in the title 2015 game.
• Jake Monden, the current defensive coordinator at El Dorado. The Wildcats have had an extended run of success in Class 6A over the last several years.
Tyler Cox, the current offensive coordinator of the Camden Fairview Cardinals. Tyler is the oldest son of former Cardinal coach Mike Cox. His brother, Rob, also served as the defensive coordinator for the Cardinals until resigning last month.
• Tim Harper, the current coach at Mena, who led his team to the Class 4A state championship game in 2014

This is on facebook...fox 92.7 radio page.

There's an elephant in the room. I'm going to go ahead and say what most if not all Camden Fairview fans are thinking. HOW IN THE WORLD DID HE MAKE THE FINAL 6?!

wing

And Moody seems to be a guy that can get the kids out of the halls and off the street to on the field. I would bet that a lot of last years LRM seniors were not on the field as sophomores.

spongebob

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on April 19, 2016, 03:24:09 pm
There's an elephant in the room. I'm going to go ahead and say what most if not all Camden Fairview fans are thinking. HOW IN THE WORLD DID HE MAKE THE FINAL 6?!
You're asking a question you already know the answer to. You have to interview someone on staff just for the record right? It happened when they replaced Buck. They never seriously considered hiring the 2013 DC yet allowed him to interview. Same thing here IMO

Youngsta71701

Quote from: spongebob on April 19, 2016, 03:43:16 pm
You're asking a question you already know the answer to. You have to interview someone on staff just for the record right? It happened when they replaced Buck. They never seriously considered hiring the 2013 DC yet allowed him to interview. Same thing here IMO
Oh ok, Yeah I've heard something about that rule before. Didn't know if it was really due process or somebody just talking.

spongebob

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on April 19, 2016, 04:00:14 pm
Oh ok, Yeah I've heard something about that rule before. Didn't know if it was really due process or somebody just talking.
I'm being sarcastic LOL
You don't have to interview current staff but it looks good on paper

Youngsta71701

Quote from: spongebob on April 19, 2016, 04:03:48 pm
I'm being sarcastic LOL
You don't have to interview current staff but it looks good on paper
You got me.  ;D It wouldn't surprise me if that was really a rule somewhere.

that1guy2110

What offenses and defenses do all these guys prefer to run?

Randy

Can't believe youngsta didn't make the list.
Must be too busy with baseball. How's your little league team doing?

spongebob

Quote from: Randy on April 19, 2016, 07:15:02 pm
I see you're a finalist?

Randy

spongebob

that1guy2110

Rulesman

Quote from: sweets on April 19, 2016, 01:36:52 pm
...let me just say, Coach Moody is an officials dream to call a game for.
The same Marcus Moody who spent a year or two at Blytheville? He must have mellowed.

Randy

Quote from: spongebob on April 19, 2016, 09:00:46 pm
HC job opening

You obviously dont know who I am. Probably best.
Thanks for consigning for youngsta though.  :-*

The A-Team

By looking at this list I can assume that the administration has narrowed it down to five coaches. No disrespect but the OC was not a competent coordinator so I can't phantom anyone thinking he would make a good HC. I honestly don't think he (the OC) believe he himself could be a HC. Whoever the coach that was seventh on the list should be upset.

that1guy2110

Just curious but what do you have to back any of what you just said up?

The A-Team

that1guy2110

The A-Team

For one I looked at the list of top six. For two, I watched him call plays, and for three if you saw the list then the rest is self explanatory.

that1guy2110

So what's wrong with averaging 30 a game? While changing offenses after week 4 or 5 to eliminate the 2&20 and 3&30's from the sacks and penalties to put his team in a better situation to be successful. While also putting the ball in one of your top 3 or 4 players hands every snap 6,8,1, or 7. That seems like a pretty competent guy to me. I can understand liking the other candidates better but to call the current OC incompetent is a stretch in my opinion

The A-Team

You have your opinion and I have mine. I do think he has potential but he just not ready.  JMO

spongebob

purpleswag

April 20, 2016, 07:12:39 am #38 Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 07:14:57 am by purpleswag
Paschal: 190-93 67% win %

Moody: 78-51 60% win %

Harper: 96-83-1 53% win %

Good candidates but Paschal has been doing it longer AND has a better win percentage over his career.

that1guy2110

Well the closest team to scoring with PA was LRC and they got beat 42-7 head to head sooo...

PA 51 a game
Lrc 46
Hope 42
Lakeside 41
McClelland 38
Wynne 30
Batesville 31

I guess just about everyone in the state in 5a has terrible OC's according to some of yall

spongebob

Quote from: that1guy2110 on April 20, 2016, 07:22:00 am
Well the closest team to scoring with PA was LRC and they got beat 42-7 head to head sooo...

PA 51 a game
Lrc 46
Hope 42
Lakeside 41
McClelland 38
Wynne 30
Batesville 31

I guess just about everyone in the state in 5a has terrible OC's according to some of yall
Nope not all are terrible but some are definitely better than others

Youngsta71701

Quote from: that1guy2110 on April 19, 2016, 10:14:34 pm
So what's wrong with averaging 30 a game? While changing offenses after week 4 or 5 to eliminate the 2&20 and 3&30's from the sacks and penalties to put his team in a better situation to be successful. While also putting the ball in one of your top 3 or 4 players hands every snap 6,8,1, or 7. That seems like a pretty competent guy to me. I can understand liking the other candidates better but to call the current OC incompetent is a stretch in my opinion
Coach Mike Cox  had started calling plays by then didn't he? Or at least we were running his playbook? Am I right or am I wrong? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Youngsta71701

April 20, 2016, 07:51:54 am #42 Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 07:56:03 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Randy on April 19, 2016, 07:15:02 pm
Must have the wrong guy. I don't coach youth baseball. ;) But to answer your question. The athletic directors and administration have clearly shown that they don't want a coach that's going to win championships or at least be in the running every year. Not to mention bring discipline to the program. So as soon as I turned in my app they threw it away and told me I was overqualified. ;D

Youngsta71701

Youngsta71701

Quote from: that1guy2110 on April 20, 2016, 07:22:00 am

PA 51 a game
Lrc 46
Hope 42
Lakeside 41
McClelland 38
Wynne 30
Batesville 31

Look man, the dude was just certified to be a coach, what 2 years ago. He's just not ready to be a head coach and it's just as simple as that. He might have potential but he don't have much experience at all.

Youngsta71701

April 20, 2016, 08:05:43 am #45 Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 08:07:59 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: spongebob on April 20, 2016, 07:43:19 am
Nope not all are terrible but some are definitely better than others
What some people fail to realize is that some offenses and defenses that you run can pull kids out of the hallways not to mention attract kids from other schools to transfer in to come play for you. That's what Buck James did for Camden Fairview. His system made the best athletes want to play football. Him and his staff made the football games fun to play. Now the practices on the other hand were very hard and intense but that in turn made the actual games a whole lot easier and fun to play. After practicing for him the games were like vacations.

titan33

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on April 20, 2016, 08:05:43 am
What some people fail to realize is that some offenses and defenses that you run can pull kids out of the hallways not to mention attract kids from other schools to transfer in to come play for you. That's what Buck James did for Camden Fairview. His system made the best athletes want to play football. Him and his staff made the football games fun to play. Now the practices on the other hand were very hard and intense but that in turn made the actual games a whole lot easier and fun to play. After practicing for him the games were like vacations.

Paschal's offense put Buck's offense to shame in the State Championship game and CF had more than enough athletes to win that game but instead they got out coached and out disciplined. 

kosher33

Anytime Camden played competition that was equal they lost. Reading this makes it seem like Buck won 4 or 5 state titles. If Greenwood stayed in 5a back in 2012 Camden would have 0 titles.

Youngsta71701

April 20, 2016, 08:38:23 am #48 Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 08:41:04 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: titan33 on April 20, 2016, 08:22:30 am
Paschal's offense put Buck's offense to shame in the State Championship game and CF had more than enough athletes to win that game but instead they got out coached and out disciplined.
I agree with that statement "although Monticello just had some grown men that year" but you missed the point. Kids nowadays like to play in a wide open or balanced offense and an aggressive in your face play down hill defense. And let's face it, Monticello was just flat out better than us that year.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: kosher33 on April 20, 2016, 08:37:14 am
Anytime Camden played competition that was equal they lost. Reading this makes it seem like Buck won 4 or 5 state titles. If Greenwood stayed in 5a back in 2012 Camden would have 0 titles.
You never know because Greenwood did move up didn't they? All you can do is play the team that's next on your schedule.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas