• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chris Hill to VILONIA

Started by ViloniaEaglestoWMS, December 05, 2015, 07:36:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

InYoGrill

Quote from: ProudMary on December 13, 2015, 01:17:26 pm
Lots of fans attend Vilonia fb games just to watch the band perform!!

A LOT Yes! After halftime show its obvious.

way2go

Quote from: ProudMary on December 13, 2015, 01:17:26 pm
Lots of fans attend Vilonia fb games just to watch the band perform!!

Band parent (or member), right? This kind of statement is so disrespectful to the football team, which by the way is the reason the lights are turned on every Friday night. Take away the football team and you don't have a halftime during which to perform. Take away the football team and the only people who show up are band relatives. Stop competing with the team. You have your own competitions.

Lionheart88

Is it disrespectful if it's true?  If people actually go to see their kid in the band, why would it be disrespectful to say so?  I'd better there are also a few folks in the stands who wouldn't be there if they didn't have a kid on the cheer/dance squad.

VHSCoach2

That happens quite often; not just at football games, either, and I'd venture to say it happens at numerous schools around the state (country?). 

I've been to numerous schools where you see parents get up and leave after halftime once the band performs, plus you've got basketball where I guarantee you'll have parents there just to watch their child cheer during the breaks.

And, honestly, who cares if people are there just to watch the band?  They still pay the same price as the people who are there watching the football game.  I run the ticket booth; I would know.

tmycjy

Well when u put money up for that u can have good  show

way2go

Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 14, 2015, 09:11:49 am
Is it disrespectful if it's true?  If people actually go to see their kid in the band, why would it be disrespectful to say so?  I'd better there are also a few folks in the stands who wouldn't be there if they didn't have a kid on the cheer/dance squad.

It's one thing for parents to come to see their child, but saying you came only to see the band is a backhanded insult to the football team. The game provides a venue for the band, not the other way around.

Lionheart88

Your skin should never be so thin that you're insulted by the truth.

minerjack

Yeah, man. Happens all the time.

Baitshop

December 14, 2015, 10:19:44 pm #58 Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 10:26:07 pm by Baitshop
Quote from: way2go on December 14, 2015, 09:31:35 pm

It's one thing for parents to come to see their child, but saying you came only to see the band is a backhanded insult to the football team. The game provides a venue for the band, not the other way around.

Good lord...."backhanded insult to the team"..?? Dude, surely you are kidding....??

The band, cheerleaders, drill team etc. are all important parts of the game experience on Friday nites...people come to watch what interests or has value to them or their children...

You need to loosen up your jock strap, my friend, and pull open the curtains on your cave...there is a whole other world out there that doesn't revolve around a ball...

My son was a two sport, 3 year starter at Fort Smith Southside...he then started every baseball game that he played until injured, in college....he was also an All-State Tenor in choir...ain't nobody being "disrespected" when they don't worship the "ball" gods...

smh

purpleswag

Quote from: Baitshop on December 14, 2015, 10:19:44 pm

Good lord...."backhanded insult to the team"..?? Dude, surely you are kidding....??

The band, cheerleaders, drill team etc. are all important parts of the game experience on Friday nites...people come to watch what interests or has value to them or their children...

You need to loosen up your jock strap, my friend, and pull open the curtains on your cave...there is a whole other world out there that doesn't revolve around a ball...

My son was a two sport, 3 year starter at Fort Smith Southside...he then started every baseball game that he played until injured, in college....he was also an All-State Tenor in choir...ain't nobody being "disrespected" when they don't worship the "ball" gods...

smh

I can see what way 2 go is trying to say even though he isn't saying it very well. The way the original post about the band was typed it made it seem like nobody cared about the team and only cared about the band.

way2go

[/quote]

I can see what way 2 go is trying to say even though he isn't saying it very well. The way the original post about the band was typed it made it seem like nobody cared about the team and only cared about the band.
[/quote]

Exactly. I get that band-only parents are there to see the band, but don't say things that sound like you're competing with the football team. You're supposed to be on the same side.

Baitshop

So, if everybody is supposed to be on the same side, why aren't you busting the balls of the players parents who leave the stands at halftime when the band, cheerleader, drill teams are performing..??

Again, folks come to football games for various reasons. It is and has been that way  for 50 years....

Maybe I just misinterpreted your use of the word "disrespectful"..??

VHSCoach2

This thread has seriously derailed off course...

How about we return it to the intended purpose: discussing (predicting) the next head coach of the Vilonia High School football team...

MDXPHD

Seems like the band provides a venue for the football team now.. lol

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on December 15, 2015, 08:36:25 am
This thread has seriously derailed off course...

How about we return it to the intended purpose: discussing (predicting) the next head coach of the Vilonia High School football team...

Yes, let's get it back on purpose. Hill to Vilonia?

Baitshop

Bolding... you heard it here first.

way2go

December 15, 2015, 09:13:32 am #65 Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 09:18:41 am by way2go
Quote from: Baitshop on December 15, 2015, 08:31:40 am
So, if everybody is supposed to be on the same side, why aren't you busting the balls of the players parents who leave the stands at halftime when the band, cheerleader, drill teams are performing..??

Again, folks come to football games for various reasons. It is and has been that way  for 50 years....

Maybe I just misinterpreted your use of the word "disrespectful"..??

People come and go during games for various reasons. No problem with that. Just go about your business and do what you need to do. To be clear, I was a band, cheerleader, and football parent for many years. The team parents just came to watch their sons play. The cheerleader parents came to watch their children support the team.

I don't know what their problem was, but every time the team slipped a little, the band students and parents were right there making rude comments. One parent told me (as I was minding my own business) that my son needed to get his butt (she didn't say butt) off the field when he signaled to his coach that he couldn't hear over the band blaring right in front of the play. In college, the band made a bunch of t-shirts that said "I'm here for the band" and there was a huge backlash. There are many stories.

Now this person gets on here and makes this same comment as Vilonia is in transition. If you don't understand what's disrespectful, I can't explain it to you but as they say, I know it when I hear it.

I'm done. Back on topic.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Baitshop on December 15, 2015, 09:06:36 am
That would put him closer to family, if nothing else.  His dad still lives in the Conway area, right?

OlGuyWicker

December 15, 2015, 11:27:26 am #67 Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 11:34:30 am by OlGuyWicker
Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 15, 2015, 09:21:49 am
That would put him closer to family, if nothing else.  His dad still lives in the Conway area, right?
Quote from: way2go on December 15, 2015, 09:13:32 am

Surely not.  He would bring way to much baggage.

way2go

Quote from: OlGuyWicker on December 15, 2015, 11:27:26 am

^^^ This isn't my quote. I don't even have an opinion.

OlGuyWicker

Quote from: way2go on December 15, 2015, 01:09:19 pm

^^^ This isn't my quote. I don't even have an opinion.
My Quote,  sorry for any misunderstanding. 

Lionheart88

You know there's more than one Coach Bolding, right?

MDXPHD

Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 15, 2015, 03:15:10 pm
You know there's more than one Coach Bolding, right?

Think I fixed y'alls quote problem.

Intelligentsia

December 15, 2015, 04:26:39 pm #72 Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 06:59:27 am by Intelligentsia
Does the Vilonia band director have a coaching certificate? 

Baitshop

sevenof400

Just who is Chris Hill and why would he even be interested in this job? 

OB11

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 16, 2015, 11:47:06 am

If there is a coaching vacancy, his name has to come up at some point according to the unwritten rules of Fearless.

MDXPHD

He's been at Wynne far too long.

ricefarmer

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 16, 2015, 12:09:19 pm

He's been at Wynne far too long.
He also comes with a lot of baggage.  I'm hearing Wynne has the U-haul ready.

Beardad

They keep the U-haul ready....

You know...I seriously think Hill is still at Wynne just in an attempt to silence the Fearless critics and erase the unwritten rule to announce his application at every in state job opening.

If we don't talk about him next year, he'll dip out

the voice

He's letting his daughter graduate from there , if they truly had a uhaul ready he would've already left. Promise you that

Chip

ricefarmer only comments about my brother Chris, he must really have a huge man-crush on him!  I think Wynne is happy with him, I believe they've won 50 games in 5 years?  A lot of schools would be estatic with those results.  Go troll somewhere else ricefarmer or go talk to Chris, he would love to meet you.

the voice

Quote from: Chip on December 17, 2015, 08:39:31 am
ricefarmer only comments about my brother Chris, he must really have a huge man-crush on him!  I think Wynne is happy with him, I believe they've won 50 games in 5 years?  A lot of schools would be estatic with those results.  Go troll somewhere else ricefarmer or go talk to Chris, he would love to meet you.

Agreed!

MDXPHD

They haven't quite won 50, but close. And yes, most teams would like to have him, he's a good coach. The only problem is that he built up his reputation for leaving soon after he started at any school, so that's why people always do this.

#1jacketfan

He is a great Coach, I can assure you the City of Wynne is very happy with him!
It will be a sad day for most when he leaves!

InYoGrill

7 or VHS 2, you guys hearing anything at the school yet???

Inquiring minds want to know. I do have Sellers cell # LOL! But I'm not calling for that question. Chicken YES!   ;D

VHSCoach2

Quote from: InYoGrill on December 21, 2015, 04:42:15 pm

Inquiring minds want to know. I do have Sellers cell # LOL! But I'm not calling for that question. Chicken YES!   ;D

I have heard rumblings. Check your PMs.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on December 21, 2015, 08:31:34 pm

BOO! Boo this man!! We want to know! Rumors are even better!

J/k. But seriously, any hints?

Jimmymack

Jon Gruden was seen at Kieth's Texaco just a few minutes ago!!

MDXPHD

Quote from: Jimmymack on December 22, 2015, 07:28:26 am

Did he have a red tie on?

sevenof400

Quote from: Jimmymack on December 22, 2015, 07:28:26 am

I think Kieth is planning something big for his grand reopening.
Big, I tell you!

purpleswag

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on December 21, 2015, 08:31:34 pm

LAME!!

beaverfan007

Vteagle

Houston Nutt?  We would like improvement here in Vtown ;D

PA Dad

Quote from: Vteagle on December 22, 2015, 12:38:48 pm
Houston Nutt?  We would like improvement here in Vtown ;D

I like that!

FD4

Two Things, #1, you cant twirl fire batons on artificial turf, and #2, Chris Hill doesn't go looking for another school.

Fire Batons are for grass fields only, and other schools come looking for Chris Hill, got it? OK, Blerb on brothers. 

sevenof400

Quote from: FD4 on December 22, 2015, 01:56:47 pm
Two Things, #1, you cant twirl fire batons on artificial turf, and #2, Chris Hill doesn't go looking for another school.

Fire Batons are for grass fields only, and other schools come looking for Chris Hill, got it? OK, Blerb on brothers.

You've clearly not seen many grass fields come later Oct / early Nov.

FD4

My sister twirled fire, stadium lights out too, she never dropped it. But as a firefighter I see what you mean brother.

Birdsflyhigh

Vtown it is time to get off pot by now you know if you want change or not .

Tigerdad2

Will Hill ever try to get a 7a west job in NWA?

MDXPHD

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on December 31, 2015, 09:03:20 am
Will Hill ever try to get a 7a west job in NWA?

Well duh. He will try to get a job in all areas of the state at all levels eventually. He has plenty of time if he coaches a year or two at each one.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas