• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JC's Jones

Started by POWERCAT PRIDE, January 28, 2019, 06:26:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dragondad

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on January 31, 2019, 06:23:06 pm
Hopefully losing Jones won't hurt too much and they can continue on with their success.

They'll be fine, wont miss a beat.  Coach Smith and crew will have them lined out and ready to eat.

POWERCAT PRIDE

Quote from: dragondad on January 31, 2019, 09:23:39 pm
They'll be fine, wont miss a beat.  Coach Smith and crew will have them lined out and ready to eat.

Even though my team is Eldo, I know Brad well. Brad's a good guy. Heck of a football IQ. Strategist. He knows the culture. He will be fine.

Wilson

Quote from: POWERCAT PRIDE on January 31, 2019, 08:17:34 am
If EHS had hired Eldridge or Bolding or the Ruston Coach, would that have been admitting they were better than Eldo? Maybe EHS just saw potential and wanted to give the little guy his shot. He's still got to produce on the field. That comes with time. Now stop stirring up the pond.... ;D ;D. Now ya'll have to cheer for the Cats, if we're not successful then that proves JC is just a small school anomaly and ya'll would be wrong. If he wins, then we'll all be happy. Now stop stirring up the pond.... ;D ;D.

wow I didn't know Coach Baugh from Ruston applied for it. . .The fact they passed on him blows my mind somewhat. . .He is HIGHLY thought of down here in the Louisiana coaching circles. . .as well in East Texas. . .coached under both Collins and King at Longview and Brad Laird in Ruston before taking over for him as head coach at RHS. . . .that's eye opening

boogercat

Quote from: gatecrasher on January 31, 2019, 07:42:45 pm
Anyone thinking Jones can't succeed at El Dorado because of the jump in class doesn't know anything about football.

At the end of the day, it's still 11 on 11, and it's still about your X's being better than their O's.

And Jones' football IQ is off the charts.

You will have a different opinion in two to three years. I'm going to save this post and prove you wrong.

Rida4Life

Quote from: boogercat on February 04, 2019, 09:24:32 am

You will have a different opinion in two to three years. I'm going to save this post and prove you wrong.

Dude you've got problems.
Does Vaughn know about this man crush you have?

boogercat

Quote from: Rida4Life on February 04, 2019, 09:29:42 am
Dude you've got problems.
Does Vaughn know about this man crush you have?

What I stated has nothing to do with Vaughn. People know how I feel now, so I'm not sure why you are putting words in my mouth when I didn't say anything about Vaughn in my recent post.

dragondad

Quote from: boogercat on February 04, 2019, 02:17:01 pm

What I stated has nothing to do with Vaughn. People know how I feel now, so I'm not sure why you are putting words in my mouth when I didn't say anything about Vaughn in my recent post.

You've said plenty..... go make him a sammich

Lumberjackfan1978

Jones is probably a good hire

boogercat

When he finish 3-7 when will see if it's still a good hire or not.

bleudog

Quote from: boogercat on February 06, 2019, 10:21:06 am
When he finish 3-7 when will see if it's still a good hire or not.

3-7 might make the playoffs in 6A.   ;D

And it's not like Jones has been given the keys to the Porsche.  Reed had one winning season in the last four (if FF is accurate).

2015     5-6
2016     6-6
2017     9-2
2018     5-6

Time will tell.

i40traveler

Quote from: bleudog on February 06, 2019, 10:41:58 am
3-7 might make the playoffs in 6A.   ;D

And it's not like Jones has been given the keys to the Porsche.  Reed had one winning season in the last four (if FF is accurate).

2015     5-6
2016     6-6
2017     9-2
2018     5-6

Time will tell.

but but tradition

gatecrasher

They were 6-6 in 2015.

dragondad

I still predict they'll be in the top 16 and make the playoffs every year.

bleudog

Quote from: dragondad on February 06, 2019, 08:08:34 pm
I still predict they'll be in the top 16 and make the playoffs every year.

They do make four teams head to the hardwood.

boogercat

3-7 might make the playoffs in 6A. But being 3-7 I would be disappointed to make it if I was 3-7.  Playoffs should be earned and not let everyone in. Too many Left-Wingers are running the show for AAA

bleudog

Quote from: boogercat on February 07, 2019, 02:45:37 pm
3-7 might make the playoffs in 6A. But being 3-7 I would be disappointed to make it if I was 3-7.  Playoffs should be earned and not let everyone in. Too many Left-Wingers are running the show for AAA

Sounds like there's something we agree on. 

The creation of the 16 team 7A (at the lobbying of 16 team 6A so they wouldn't have to play the "big" schools) was political gerrymandering at its worse.

dragondad

Quote from: bleudog on February 06, 2019, 08:28:30 pm

They do make four teams head to the hardwood.

That's true,  I'll amend my prediction to "most years"

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas