• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood

Started by RTF, November 14, 2013, 09:46:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RTF

Is there anyone in 6a that can even challenge Gwood this year.. asking because i haven't been paying attention to 6a this year because i figured its already a lock for Gwood

MDXPHD

Quote from: RTF on November 14, 2013, 09:46:56 am
Is there anyone in 6a that can even challenge Gwood this year.. asking because i haven't been paying attention to 6a this year because i figured its already a lock for Gwood

Na.  Eldo and PB probably think they can, but no. Nobody can.

AHS06

Greenwood has came in and helped the 6A being another quality team.  The 6A Champ will still have to go through the 6A South.  Greenwood proved that last year slightly getting by a tough El Dorado team and won a shootout with Pine Bluff.  Nothing has changed, Greenwood would still have to beat 3 quality 6A South teams before being crowned the Champ.  Until then they are just another opponent-The game still has to be played.

MDXPHD

Quote from: AHS06 on November 14, 2013, 10:48:56 am
Greenwood has came in and helped the 6A being another quality team.  The 6A Champ will still have to go through the 6A South.  Greenwood proved that last year slightly getting by a tough El Dorado team and won a shootout with Pine Bluff.  Nothing has changed, Greenwood would still have to beat 3 quality 6A South teams before being crowned the Champ.  Until then they are just another opponent-The game still has to be played.

The 6a is not quality.  There are 3 good teams in the entire division.  I agree, the south is the strongest. But even then, the 6A as a whole is not strong at all.

AHS06

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 14, 2013, 11:20:52 am

The 6a is not quality.  There are 3 good teams in the entire division.  I agree, the south is the strongest. But even then, the 6A as a whole is not strong at all.
Every conference has a down year.  The 6A this year overall is down.  Name one conference in Arkansas that is not top heavy....? 

MDXPHD

Quote from: AHS06 on November 14, 2013, 11:27:04 am

Every conference has a down year.  The 6A this year overall is down.  Name one conference in Arkansas that is not top heavy....?

Not just top heavy..the 6A just lacks quality teams and programs every year.  The same 3 will always be at the top.

RTF

Well thanks for the info. I didn't know if El Dorado was anything this year.. mayb they can give Gwood fits

MDXPHD

Quote from: RTF on November 14, 2013, 11:48:37 am
Well thanks for the info. I didn't know if El Dorado was anything this year.. mayb they can give Gwood fits

They're decent. They lost to the 5A south number 2 seed.  If that helps.

DogsWin7

Oh well.....life goes on.   ;)

AHS06

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 14, 2013, 11:37:06 am

Not just top heavy..the 6A just lacks quality teams and programs every year.  The same 3 will always be at the top.
Same case with any other classification.  The same teams are always on top.  This is Greenwoods second year in 6A so where are you getting the same 3 teams.  Since the 6A was started the top teams are below:

Texarkana    2 State Titles and 1 Runner-Up
Lake Hamilton  1 State Title and 1 Runner-Up
Pine Bluff      2 Runner-Up
El Dorado      3 State Titles and 1 Runner-Up
Mt. Home      1 Runner-Up
Greenwood    1 State Title

Jonesboro is coming along and Greenwood replacing West Memphis has made the conference more compeitive.

devilfan88

Greenwood will beat whoever they play in the championship by atleast 21 points.

SNWA

haha the title does not go through the 6A south this year it goes through sebastian south and your crazy if you think differenty.

The Future

The champ will have to go through the South?? How you figure that? Last year, that was the case because Eldo was the defending champ and for the most part the picked favorite to win it again. This year, Greenwood is the defending champ and the very very hands on favorite to win it this year. Also with Texarkana coming to Greenwood in the second round and Pine Bluff coming in the third, it looks like the Southern teams will have to go through the River Valley if they wanna be the champ. Eldo will then have to go through Greenwood for the title.

The road to the title goes through Rick Jones and company until someone comes in and takes it from us. Greenwood will be breaking in a new (but very experienced ) QB next season and a couple of guys on defense. Other than that, 90% of our guys are returning. Greenwood will be a title contender again. Eldo will return all of their sophomores and will be very good next year as well. Gatecrasher has already claimed the 2014 title for Eldo. Nah, Greenwood has one more in them after this year :)

Coach Venny Slocombe

I don't think it will be Eldo in the finals...I think it will be Jonesboro...

DogsWin7

zebradynasty

Quote from: The Future on November 14, 2013, 12:50:16 pm
The champ will have to go through the South?? How you figure that? Last year, that was the case because Eldo was the defending champ and for the most part the picked favorite to win it again. This year, Greenwood is the defending champ and the very very hands on favorite to win it this year. Also with Texarkana coming to Greenwood in the second round and Pine Bluff coming in the third, it looks like the Southern teams will have to go through the River Valley if they wanna be the champ. Eldo will then have to go through Greenwood for the title.

The road to the title goes through Rick Jones and company until someone comes in and takes it from us. Greenwood will be breaking in a new (but very experienced ) QB next season and a couple of guys on defense. Other than that, 90% of our guys are returning. Greenwood will be a title contender again. Eldo will return all of their sophomores and will be very good next year as well. Gatecrasher has already claimed the 2014 title for Eldo. Nah, Greenwood has one more in them after this year :)

The South will rise again next season. PB should be very solid barring injuries the 12 or sophs playing this year will get even bigger and faster we'll lose 2-3 very good linemen but the OL has been plug and play for us. Several kids could become D-1 prospects. So next season looks to be very competitive in the 6A! But there is a lot yet to be done this season.

xtremewildcat

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on November 14, 2013, 01:15:33 pm
I don't think it will be Eldo in the finals...I think it will be Jonesboro...
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 14, 2013, 01:19:59 pm
I agree.

Need I remind you that they will have to drive 5 hrs on a banana bus? They also have had a couple of key injuries. 

I know one of you is praying JB can stop us because he doesn't want me to pull up what I predicted and his "boneheaded" responce. LOL!

The other doesn't want me to remind her that she claimed GW would mercy rule us last year in their backyard.

Nevertheless, both are what I call secondary fans. Which means their true team sucks and now they are swinging on Rick.

xtremewildcat

OBTW, like I have posted for years and did a dissertation on it.
You break down all the divisions from 2A to 7A.
You have the exact same percentage of quality teams, mediocre teams, and garbage teams.

MDXPHD

Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 14, 2013, 02:04:30 pm
You have the exact same percentage of quality teams, mediocre teams, and garbage teams.

Care to share?

AHS06

Still every classification is top heavy-There is still a lot of football left to be played.  Greenwood is just another team...

xtremewildcat

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 14, 2013, 02:10:56 pm
Quote from: xtremewildcat on November 14, 2013, 02:04:30 pm

Care to share?

You gotta realize something. We, who have been on here for years have argued these positions for years. I really don't wanna do it again. I will tell you to do this.
Take a look at all of the classifications. Go through them all and list the quality programs. Divide that number by the number of teams you have in that classification. Do that for the mediocre teams and garbage teams.
Do that to all of the classifications and review your data.
You will see that every year, the classifications are eerily similar.
What I found is if you added the 6A and 7A together, your findings are almost the same as when they are split.

AHS06

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 14, 2013, 11:37:06 am

Care to Share?

This is the same in every classification...All top heavy...And the South still owns the 6A

SNWA

south may own spots 2 through 9.

Dogs78

There isn't a single person on here that truly believes there will be any other 2013 6A State Champion than the Greenwood Bulldogs. If so...they are completely delusional.  :o

Not saying you can't cross your fingers, rub your rabbits foot, put a buckeye in your pocket, pick up every penny you find on heads or pray to the higher power of your choosing before bed each night...Go ahead and do all that stuff if you choose. It's just not going to matter this year. Greenwood and CRJ are just too much for this crop of average 6A teams who will be stepping up to the challenge.

There's always next year boys  8)

ricepig

Quote from: Dogs78 on November 14, 2013, 02:36:41 pm
There isn't a single person on here that truly believes there will be any other 2013 6A State Champion than the Greenwood Bulldogs. If so...they are completely delusional.  :o

Not saying you can't cross your fingers, rub your rabbits foot, put a buckeye in your pocket, pick up every penny you find on heads or pray to the higher power of your choosing before bed each night...Go ahead and do all that stuff if you choose. It's just not going to matter this year. Greenwood and CRJ are just too much for this crop of average 6A teams who will be stepping up to the challenge.

That's what I love about the Greenwoodians, they are so humble, up and until the lose, then they sulk.

I guarantee you, there are at least three teams that think they can beat you, sorry to bust your delusional bubble.

AHS06

Are you serious LOL!!!  Do you honestly think every team is going to lay down to Greenwood?  They still have to strap up and go through 3 South teams.

Dogs78

November 14, 2013, 03:08:32 pm #26 Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 03:11:37 pm by Dogs78
And here we go..... :)

I've been bored since the SS game week 8. And my Karma points were getting to far ahead on the positive side.

Dogs78

Quote from: ricepig on November 14, 2013, 02:55:07 pm

That's what I love about the Greenwoodians, they are so humble, up and until the lose, then they sulk.

I guarantee you, there are at least three teams that think they can beat you, sorry to bust your delusional bubble.

I have no doubt that they THINK they can beat Greenwood. He ll, I think I'm going to win the lottery everytime I spend money on a ticket.

DogsWin7

Quote from: Dogs78 on November 14, 2013, 03:08:32 pm
And here we go..... :)

I've been bored since the SS game week 8. And my Karma points were getting to far ahead on the positive side.

Sorry Dogs78 that was me with positive karma....although we both know that good karma is on Greenwoods side always! ;D

It is boring.  The big boys aren't so big anymore.   What's a girl to do? Lol!!

MarionBlueDevil

Two things:

1.) The 6A is all about Greenwood. We all may get a shot next year, but this year, the 'Dogs will roll through 6A and would be a contender in 7a.

2.) Further, I'm tired of hearing people gripe about the 6A/7A split.

It's not ideal, and it's actually kind of dumb. I concede all of that.

But it's the system that we have in place right now. I'm sure that the AAA could not care less what a bunch of randos on Fearless Friday thinks about the 6A.

The AAA is going to do what they want to do. End of discussion. We can sit here and kick our feet up and down and rip on the system and conference alignments all that we want, but it isn't going to do a lick of good.

ricepig

Quote from: Dogs78 on November 14, 2013, 03:14:46 pm

I have no doubt that they THINK they can beat Greenwood. He ll, I think I'm going to win the lottery everytime I spend money on a ticket.

Depends on which game you play, some odds are as low as 3:1, in your previous ramble, I'd say you'd put it all Powerball Odds, 1:175,000,000. I'l take the field for that bet for $1, now where's your alligator mouth?

Dogs78

Quote from: ricepig on November 14, 2013, 03:22:29 pm

Depends on which game you play, some odds are as low as 3:1, in your previous ramble, I'd say you'd put it all Powerball Odds, 1:175,000,000. I'l take the field for that bet for $1, now where's your alligator mouth?

I play the lottery about as often as your team wins State Championships. I was just simply using a reference for you to relate. Guess I didn't miss the mark considering how quickly you came back with those odds of winning.

ricepig

Quote from: Dogs78 on November 14, 2013, 03:29:05 pm

I play the lottery about as often as your team wins State Championships. I was just simply using a reference for you to relate. Guess I didn't miss the mark considering how quickly you came back with those odds of winning.

Yeah, takes a lot of time to google Powerball, the internet, you should try it sometime. Actually, the school my kids attend, and have attended, have more AAA state championships than any school in Arkansas, football, not so much.

So, Mr. Overconfident, you don't feel like taking the bet? I thought it was a lead pipe cinch that GW would win this year, don't need a dollar?

DogsWin7

Ricepig.....Dogs78 is a girl.   

TSW

Quote from: ricepig on November 14, 2013, 03:36:05 pm
Quote from: Dogs78 on November 14, 2013, 03:29:05 pm

Yeah, takes a lot of time to google Powerball, the internet, you should try it sometime. Actually, the school my kids attend, and have attended, have more AAA state championships than any school in Arkansas, football, not so much.

So, Mr. Overconfident, you don't feel like taking the bet? I thought it was a lead pipe cinch that GW would win this year, don't need a dollar?

I will take a dollar bet on each game if. We're playing those odds. 

ricepig

Baitshop

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 14, 2013, 03:38:23 pm

That's not surprising....we need to have an Estrogen board around here...

Jeep71

Quote from: Baitshop on November 14, 2013, 04:34:41 pm

Bring me a napkin, I just spewed pop all over my keyboard.

Dogs78

Quote from: ricepig on November 14, 2013, 03:45:49 pm

Ok, Ms. Overconfident, then.

That would be Mrs. Overconfident? Naw, not at all. It's pretty much a no brainer.

ricepig

Quote from: Dogs78 on November 14, 2013, 07:38:16 pm

That would be Mrs. Overconfident? Naw, not at all. It's pretty much a no brainer.

Speaking of no brains.............

TigerDog

Back from Sin City?.....Need to plan some grub time.

Pr8hd

Got to love how some random poster comes in here starts a thread about Greenwood, not even really affiliated with Greenwood and it gets a feeding frenzy going in the water full of both sharks and swimmers .... ok some guppies too!

Reminds me of Jaws...

"Farewell and adieu to you, Spanish Ladies,Farewell and adieu to you, ladies of Spain"

TigerDog

Quote from: The Future on November 14, 2013, 12:50:16 pm

Not that I disagree with you  on all points, but we are returning 90% of our starters next year?

Does that mean Jabe, Hoyt, Austin, Justin Brewer, Koch, Hasley, Rhea, Jonathon, Nathon, Brett, Justin Barker, Baylee and Kyle are all coming back next year?

Pr8hd

November 14, 2013, 08:36:14 pm #43 Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 08:38:25 pm by Pr8hd
We have almost the whole O line back, most being 3 year starters. Wheeler who has a couple of starts under his belt and very capable. A host of receivers. Green and Palmer at RB.  Offensively, pretty salty. I would say.

Defensively, have to replace the defensive backfield completly, a couple of LB's and some DL's . The defensive side is where we will be hit hardest, but no credit is hardly ever given to the Greenwood defense including this year at times. It has been their strength more so this year than their offense, which has had more youth. This will be the hardest part though in my opinion.   

Backfill that in with the Freshmen/Sophomores moving up and I would say we will definitely be in the chase again next year likely.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 14, 2013, 08:36:14 pm
We have almost the whole O line back, most being 3 year starters. Wheeler who has a couple of starts under his belt and very capable. A host of receivers. Green and Palmer at RB.  Offensively, pretty salty. I would say.

Defensively, have to replace the defensive backfield completly, a couple of LB's and some DL's . The defensive side is where we will be hit hardest, but no credit is hardly ever given to the Greenwood defense including this year at times. It has been their strength more so this year than their offense, which has had more youth. This will be the hardest part though in my opinion.   

Backfill that in with the Freshmen/Sophomores moving up and I would say we will definitely be in the chase again next year likely.

With the Jones twins you boys will be in the chase for sure. A decent non con and overall stronger conference schedule will have you guys ready for a run at El Dorado and PB.

DogsWin7

Quote from: ricepig on November 14, 2013, 08:02:24 pm

Gee ricepig, it's really unlike you to be so rude.   What's the deal?   You dislike Greenwood that much? 

Lol!!!  We do.  It's called the 7A Board.   I thought maybe you wanted to change your name from the SS Rebs to perhaps the SS Sissies or Rosie Rebs.   What do you think???.......  ;)

Pr8hd

November 14, 2013, 09:34:03 pm #46 Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 09:43:20 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 14, 2013, 09:16:27 pm
Quote from: ricepig on November 14, 2013, 08:02:24 pm

Gee ricepig, it's really unlike you to be so rude.   What's the deal?   You dislike Greenwood that much? 

Lol!!!  We do.  It's called the 7A Board.   I thought maybe you wanted to change your name from the SS Rebs to perhaps the SS Sissies or Rosie Rebs.   What do you think???.......  ;)

"Can't we all just get along!!"- Rodney King

DogsWin7

I understand that ricepig is a Jonesboro fan and I realize that he must be really worried that they are going to be ones to meet Greenwood in the playoffs instead of Eldo.....is that right?  Or no?  :)

Pr8hd

November 14, 2013, 09:48:08 pm #48 Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 09:52:54 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 14, 2013, 09:41:09 pm
I understand that ricepig is a Jonesboro fan and I realize that he must be really worried that they are going to be ones to meet Greenwood in the playoffs instead of Eldo.....is that right?  Or no?  :)

I think we have a breather this week. Next, week gets tougher, so we worry about 1-0. Then, hopefully in the end we are still in it like most think we will be and get a chance against likely LH, Jonesboro or ED on the other side. First got to worry about Fair (ok maybe not ), then likely Texarkana and then provided we play well the Zebras. Greenwood has not had a really bad game this year, and football takes skill and luck. It's a game of inches. We got to fight for those inches the next 3 weeks. No one is going to give them to us and concede at this point. Unlike many, I think we will get tested by adversity and some younger skilled teams with some weapons we will have to execute well against.

Last mercy rule of year will be Friday. After that, we will be tested by whoever is left and will not steamroll thru the rest.

ricepig

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 14, 2013, 09:41:09 pm

I'm sorry, I missed reading where Greenwood received a 3 round bye.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas