• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Waldron's on road to Success

Started by DogsWin7, March 02, 2012, 08:48:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How many games will Waldron win in 2013?

0 games
2 games
3 games
4 games
5 +
Will they just be improved

DogsWin7

July 27, 2012, 08:47:35 am #150 Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 08:51:34 am by DiehardFBfan
 The 2012 coaching staff includes: Chris Lipham – Offensive Coordinator; Eric Warrington – Defensive Coordinator; Jim Emberson – Offensive Line Coach; Joey Majors – Wide Receivers/Defensive Backs; and Head Coach – Shane Davis. Davis will enter his first year as the Bulldogs head coach sporting a record of 20 wins and 5 losses as a head coach.

Returning Starters

1.Dakota Wagner         Senior     5'8"     150 lbs.    QB/DB

2.Bryson Betz               Senior     6'4"     160 lbs.    WR/DB

Returning Players

1.Irvan Ledesma          Senior    5'7"    195 lbs.   OL/DL

2.Charles Luna             Senior    5'7"    210 lbs.   OL/DL

3.Dakota Crabtree       Senior    5'8"    185 lbs.   RB/LB

4.Garren Carpenter    Junior    5'10"    145 lbs.   RB/DB

5.Jonah Tull               Junior    5'10"    140 lbs.   QB/DB

6.Ber Chang               Junior     5'4"    120 lbs.    RB/DB

7.Zach Dye                 Junior    5'10"   160 lbs.    RB/LB

8. Jacob Armstrong     Junior    5'8"      140 lbs.   WR/DB

check out www.urhtsports.com for full article by Norm Betz and Waldron is previewed by Luke Matheson in ArkansasVarsity.com.  Great articles by the way!

DogsWin7

Quote from: whippersnapper on July 26, 2012, 11:47:39 pm
How's the offense coming along? Looks like Mansfield will get a taste of its own medicine this August

Haven't heard how the offense is coming.  Only a few die hards post on waldron ::)

If Waldron can manage to beat Mansfield for the season opener it could provide a huge confidence lift for them.   It looks by reading the articles that Waldron is a young team, with I think it said only 2 returning starters.   So, as they say in fb this is the re-build phase but should have a payoff in a few yrs under Coach Davis new leadership.   

None the less, the fans in waldron need to go out, pack the stands and support those kids and new coach this yr.  imo

@betz- I understand, thanks for keeping us updated on Waldron.     

bleudog

July 27, 2012, 01:17:21 pm #153 Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 01:24:01 pm by bleudog
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 27, 2012, 08:52:29 am
Quote from: bleudog on July 27, 2012, 07:23:54 am
http://calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2012/preview_view.pl?school=Waldron_(AR)

Thanks for posting. 8)

Sorry, didn't realize the link was bad.  How about this one:

Quote from: bleudog on July 27, 2012, 07:23:54 am
Calpereps won't finalize their preseason rankings until mid August, and they project Waldron to have a challenging year, but thought some of the faithful might find this of interest:  CLICK HERE

CMhawgtracks

After the loss to PC, Coach Davis was head coach in name only, he lost the kids, obviously they were a good team, they just had the wrong leader

Quote from: bleudog on March 10, 2012, 09:00:40 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 10, 2012, 07:46:01 am
I am all for books about Perspective.  I fully believe in the the bible and the Lord's word.  I support children at the upmost level that I can and in everyway that I can.  I have never said otherwise.

If you go back and look at 1 of my earlier post I said that Coach Davis was a supporter of FCA which stands for Fellowship of Christian Athletes.  It also states in his phone interview that he is a Youth Pastor.

So, I fail to see how that Waldron could of made a bad hire.  Coach Davis seems to incompass ALL the values that the school and parents could possibly want in leading their children.

bleudog, are you now trying to correct and do damage control for the post you mad earlier on who actually runs offence and defense?   Do not assume anything about anyone until they are given a chance.  He is a Coach yes, but he is also a man and none of us are perfect but we are forgiven.

You asked me if I was serious on my signature?  Yes.  It seems I have perspective and my signature states so.  Your signature bleudog list Football Championships.  Am I to interupt that as your perspective?    That would be judging would it not?  Have you ever been to Waldron and met any of the kids?   No.      Time will be judge for Waldron.

Never said he was a bad hire.  Not trying to do damage control.

Anyone familiar with the 2A-8 and Strong could tell you there was tension in the program after the loss to Parkers Chapel.  I was at the Norphlet game immediately after that loss and coaching reassignments were obvious.  Not saying they were right, not saying they were wrong.  Not saying those changes made any difference in the ultimate outcome of the rest of the season.  What did happend was Strong went undefeated after the PC loss, including getting a win over a JC team the Bulldogs had lost to earlier in the seaston, and earned a state championship the week after avenging that loss. 

Regardless of what Coach Davis accomplishes at Waldon, he will always be on record as the head coach of the team that won its last playoff game in 2011.  And as they say in the commercials, that's priceless. 

I wish Coach Davis the best at Waldron.  I will again applaud him for his gracious comments directed toward Strong when the article about his leaving was published in the local paper. 

I wish for the players at Wadron what I wish for all amateur athletes and something many kids have heard me say:  Do your best; play smart; have fun. 

And since it was you who brought up Waldron wins in your poll at the beginning of this thread, I'll help out and vote for Waldron to improve on last year's win total.

DogsWin7

July 30, 2012, 08:05:44 am #155 Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:09:46 am by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: CMhawgtracks on July 29, 2012, 08:43:41 pm
After the loss to PC, Coach Davis was head coach in name only, he lost the kids, obviously they were a good team, they just had the wrong leader

Quote from: bleudog on March 10, 2012, 09:00:40 am
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on March 10, 2012, 07:46:01 am
I am all for books about Perspective.  I fully believe in the the bible and the Lord's word.  I support children at the upmost level that I can and in everyway that I can.  I have never said otherwise.

If you go back and look at 1 of my earlier post I said that Coach Davis was a supporter of FCA which stands for Fellowship of Christian Athletes.  It also states in his phone interview that he is a Youth Pastor.

So, I fail to see how that Waldron could of made a bad hire.  Coach Davis seems to incompass ALL the values that the school and parents could possibly want in leading their children.

bleudog, are you now trying to correct and do damage control for the post you mad earlier on who actually runs offence and defense?   Do not assume anything about anyone until they are given a chance.  He is a Coach yes, but he is also a man and none of us are perfect but we are forgiven.

You asked me if I was serious on my signature?  Yes.  It seems I have perspective and my signature states so.  Your signature bleudog list Football Championships.  Am I to interupt that as your perspective?    That would be judging would it not?  Have you ever been to Waldron and met any of the kids?   No.      Time will be judge for Waldron.

Never said he was a bad hire.  Not trying to do damage control.

Anyone familiar with the 2A-8 and Strong could tell you there was tension in the program after the loss to Parkers Chapel.  I was at the Norphlet game immediately after that loss and coaching reassignments were obvious.  Not saying they were right, not saying they were wrong.  Not saying those changes made any difference in the ultimate outcome of the rest of the season.  What did happend was Strong went undefeated after the PC loss, including getting a win over a JC team the Bulldogs had lost to earlier in the seaston, and earned a state championship the week after avenging that loss. 

Regardless of what Coach Davis accomplishes at Waldon, he will always be on record as the head coach of the team that won its last playoff game in 2011.  And as they say in the commercials, that's priceless. 

I wish Coach Davis the best at Waldron.  I will again applaud him for his gracious comments directed toward Strong when the article about his leaving was published in the local paper. 

I wish for the players at Wadron what I wish for all amateur athletes and something many kids have heard me say:  Do your best; play smart; have fun. 

And since it was you who brought up Waldron wins in your poll at the beginning of this thread, I'll help out and vote for Waldron to improve on last year's win total.

Well, I have to say that your statement supports bleudogs.  I have come to know a little more about bleu and he quite frankly seems to only state things he can back up.  With that said, it should play out to be a very interesting yr for the waldron bulldogs, and lets hope that Daivs is the leader for that team. 

All indications so far by articles posted is Yes, he is.  So, I along with bleudog(he wished him well too) still wish him the best of luck and success.  Always hard coming into a new town, making new friends, with rumors going round-n-round and gaining the players support.  I predict he will be just fine. 

Waldrons record couldn't really, at this point get any worse could it?    A few yrs into Davis's leadership will tell the tale.  Let's hope it is one for the record books. ;)

DogsWin7

Like the new look on website betz! 8)

GoodBetterBetz

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 30, 2012, 12:45:35 pm
Thank you sir! Man you're good, I just did it last night and haven't even announced the changes yet. Thanks for your support it means a lot.

As for whether or not Coach Davis is control of this team, I can answer that, All of the coaches and players are behind him 100%. I've never seen unity on a team like this in the four years I've been here in Waldron and I'm pretty sure the majority don't look at or care what is written on here. We all have a past. His time is now for Waldron and we will support him in that way! We have had nothing but positive come out of the hire of Davis, now we just need to turn it into Wins! We are headed in the right direction!

DogsWin7

July 30, 2012, 06:32:18 pm #158 Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 06:25:42 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: GoodBetterBetz on July 30, 2012, 03:54:51 pm

Thank you sir! Man you're good, I just did it last night and haven't even announced the changes yet. Thanks for your support it means a lot.

As for whether or not Coach Davis is control of this team, I can answer that, All of the coaches and players are behind him 100%. I've never seen unity on a team like this in the four years I've been here in Waldron and I'm pretty sure the majority don't look at or care what is written on here. We all have a past. His time is now for Waldron and we will support him in that way! We have had nothing but positive come out of the hire of Davis, now we just need to turn it into Wins! We are headed in the right direction!

No Problem!    Hope to hear more from Davis and the bulldogs!    8) Diehardfbfan.

CMhawgtracks

I wish Coach Davis and Waldron nothing but the best

quote author=GoodBetterBetz link=topic=119875.msg2610590#msg2610590 date=1343681691]

whippersnapper

GoodBetterBetz

CMhawgtracks

Hey guys. I'm reading Hooten's, seems like the players being talked about as contributors are kinda of light in the pockets. That being said are there any/many potential players that are standing aside waiting on a new coach?

I see one of Waldrons strengths according to Hooten's is linemen, am I missing something?

DogsWin7

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on July 30, 2012, 08:46:11 pm

quote author=GoodBetterBetz link=topic=119875.msg2610590#msg2610590 date=1343681691]

This in bold is not my post it's Betz.  Don't know how he got that as me saying it but it was not.

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on July 31, 2012, 05:54:34 pm
Hey guys. I'm reading Hooten's, seems like the players being talked about as contributors are kinda of light in the pockets. That being said are there any/many potential players that are standing aside waiting on a new coach?

I see one of Waldrons strengths according to Hooten's is linemen, am I missing something?

All I know is that the numbers doubled from last year according to article.  so, the opposite of what you posted.  Kid's came out for THE NEW COACH DAVIS.

CMhawgtracks

What I'm asking is what is your O and D lines average weight be? A town your size should have some heavy weights.

[quoted author=DiehardFBfan link=topic=119875.msg2610926#msg2610926 date=1343776684]
Quote from: CMhawgtracks on July 30, 2012, 08:46:11 pm

This in bold is not my post it's Betz.  Don't know how he got that as me saying it but it was not.

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on July 31, 2012, 05:54:34 pm

All I know is that the numbers doubled from last year according to article.  so, the opposite of what you posted.  Kid's came out for THE NEW COACH DAVIS.
[/quote]

DogsWin7

Is your helmet to tight? ;D      I have no idea I am not a Waldron.   But by the Article I read and posted with the kids weight and height I posted a few days ago you can read.

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 27, 2012, 08:47:35 am
The 2012 coaching staff includes: Chris Lipham – Offensive Coordinator; Eric Warrington – Defensive Coordinator; Jim Emberson – Offensive Line Coach; Joey Majors – Wide Receivers/Defensive Backs; and Head Coach – Shane Davis. Davis will enter his first year as the Bulldogs head coach sporting a record of 20 wins and 5 losses as a head coach.

Returning Starters

1.Dakota Wagner         Senior     5’8”     150 lbs.    QB/DB

2.Bryson Betz               Senior     6’4”     160 lbs.    WR/DB

Returning Players

1.Irvan Ledesma          Senior    5’7”    195 lbs.   OL/DL

2.Charles Luna             Senior    5’7”    210 lbs.   OL/DL

3.Dakota Crabtree       Senior    5’8”    185 lbs.   RB/LB

4.Garren Carpenter    Junior    5’10”    145 lbs.   RB/DB

5.Jonah Tull               Junior    5’10”    140 lbs.   QB/DB

6.Ber Chang               Junior     5’4”    120 lbs.    RB/DB

7.Zach Dye                 Junior    5’10”   160 lbs.    RB/LB

check out www.urhtsports.com for full article by Norm Betz and Waldron is previewed by Luke Matheson in ArkansasVarsity.com.  Great articles by the way!

and i thought i needed computer skills..... ???  ;D 

DogsWin7

August 01, 2012, 12:38:19 pm #166 Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 06:55:05 pm by DiehardFBfan
FALL SPORTS MEDIA DAY to be held Saturday, August 18 @ 9am

pictures will be taken until done.  Go out and meet the New Head Football Coach Shane Davis and All of the 2012 Waldron Bulldog teams & Band! 

GO BULLDOGS!   HAVE A GREAT YEAR!

CMhawgtracks

August 01, 2012, 07:51:08 pm #167 Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 08:03:10 pm by CMhawgtracks
My bad, you come across as someone that knows everything about everything!
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 31, 2012, 07:59:55 pm
Is your helmet to tight? ;D      I have no idea I am not a Waldron.   But by the Article I read and posted with the kids weight and height I posted a few days ago you can read.

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on July 27, 2012, 08:47:35 am

Returning Starters

1.Dakota Wagner         Senior     5'8"     150 lbs.    QB/DB

2.Bryson Betz               Senior     6'4"     160 lbs.    WR/DB

Returning Players

1.Irvan Ledesma          Senior    5'7"    195 lbs.   OL/DL

2.Charles Luna             Senior    5'7"    210 lbs.   OL/DL

3.Dakota Crabtree       Senior    5'8"    185 lbs.   RB/LB

4.Garren Carpenter    Junior    5'10"    145 lbs.   RB/DB

5.Jonah Tull               Junior    5'10"    140 lbs.   QB/DB

6.Ber Chang               Junior     5'4"    120 lbs.    RB/DB

7.Zach Dye                 Junior    5'10"   160 lbs.    RB/LB

and i thought i needed computer skills..... ???  ;D

DogsWin7

No, just like to think I do. ;D   Which can get you into alot of trouble here on FF.  It can have it's place at times and can be fun....

My apologies.  Going to mellow out from this day forward.  Nothing to be gained by being a smart-alec.  Time for reflection of friends.  GLion Alum taught me that (along with a few others  ;)).  Going to be myself, and quit trying to 1 up the next FF poster.

DogsWin7

Orange & Black Scrimmage Game Aug. 16 @ 8pm Admission Detergent or Towels after meet the teacher night so go watch the game!

The Mighty Bulldogs vs Little Johns Scrimmage August 20th @ Danville @ 6pm

DogsWin7

August 06, 2012, 08:32:17 pm #170 Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:51:11 pm by DiehardFBfan
future looking bright indeed.  Way to go bullpups.

go to urhometownsports and click on bullpups

DogsWin7

For the spider guests, I thought I would let you know how the poll is turning out.

It currently stands at this time with 4 games leading at 45% of the votes. 

0 games-5 votes (12.5%)
2 games-6 votes (15%)
same as-6  votes (15%)
4 games- 18 votes (45%)
5+ games- 5 votes (12.5%)

All in all I would say, Waldron you are on your way.  The numbers for pee-wee football the foundation for the program stands at an all time high this year at 140!  The senior and junior high numbers are doubled and all the coaches are devoted 110% to the kids.  All the hard work being put in, will eventually turn into wins.    GoodBetterBetz,  thanks for posting and for the articles that allowed me to come up with the totals for the Bulldogs. 

I think I have filled my quota for posts and will stop at 2001!( for now ;D)  What a great time making new friends and being allowed to be a apart of many schools traditions.  Now it's Time to get ready for some Football!   8)

DogsWin7

Thought I better do a preemptive strike on my part and call myself out for breaking my post count 2001! :o  Oh, well! ;D 

Appears in The Waldron News there is to be a First Annual "Bark in the Park" at Waldron High.

It is to feature- The 2012 WHS Football Team and staff along with the WMS Jr. Teams and staff.

A community pep-rally is to follow-(means you better bring out your new orange and black shirts!  ;D)  It is also set to feature a scrimmage!

Go and Cheer the Bulldogs, hear the Band, and Have a Great Time!

GO BULLDOGS!     

DogsWin7

August 12, 2012, 12:11:50 pm #173 Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 08:17:36 am by DiehardFBfan

QUOTE OF THE WEEK FROM URhtsports.com
"If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome." - Michael Jordan 

Very True, Good job Betz!  Waldron WILL overcome.   I will do my part and together WE will  win.  I will.   WE will.

DogsWin7

August 13, 2012, 08:13:39 am #174 Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 07:01:55 am by DiehardFBfan
Dates to remember*

August 16th- Orange and Black Scrimmage @ 8pm after meet the teacher night (Admission detergent or towel)

August 18th- Fall Sports Media Day @ 9am until done. (Team Photos taken!)  Go and meet All the teams and Coaches

August 20th- Scrimmage @ Danville @ 6pm (1st day of school)

August th???- First annual "Bark in the Park", Community Pep-Rally, scrimmage.

DogsWin7

Really?  2 slaps for posting Dates of events for a school  ??? >:( 

DHS#1

What do you think about the Waldron and Danville scrimmage 8/20/12?

DogsWin7

August 13, 2012, 02:51:01 pm #177 Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 04:14:00 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: DHS#1 on August 13, 2012, 10:53:03 am
What do you think about the Waldron and Danville scrimmage 8/20/12?

I think if Waldron doesn't win this scrimmage it's going to be a very lonnnnng season for them!

In seriousness, it will be a good learning game probably.  Danville is a tough team, they went to the playoffs a couple of yrs ago against Magazine, and have always been pretty good, and it is usually a close game between Waldron and Danville.

Coach Davis and his team just need the experience, practice and learn to develop as team 1st and go for them there. 

DHS#1

It would be a good scrimmage to watch! and yes i do agree with you

DogsWin7

August 15, 2012, 11:03:10 am #179 Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:51:45 pm by DiehardFBfan
GO SIGN-UP & JOIN THE ATHLETIC BOOSTER CLUB!

SUPPORT YOUR WALDRON BULLDOGS TODAY!

Talk about seizing the moment!  Way to go Waldron! 

Can go to The Waldron News

DogsWin7

August 17, 2012, 07:00:20 pm #180 Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:52:05 pm by DiehardFBfan

The record in 1950 Waldron High School Bulldog Football Team, coached by L.R. Sawyer and Wilson Kell:

Waldron 25, Alma 0
Waldron 77, Ozark 0
Waldron 40, Fort Smith "B" 7
Waldron 26, Booneville 0
Waldron 25, Ark. Deaf School 12
Waldron 45, Paris 0
Waldron 7, Greenwood 7
Waldron 34, Mansfield 7
Waldron 19, Mena 0
Waldron 13, Hartford 6 (Homecoming)

DogsWin7

August 17, 2012, 08:12:49 pm #181 Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:52:36 pm by DiehardFBfan
Enough about yester-year lets read about now!

Black and White Scrimmage writeup..........

go to urhometownsports to read.......

Sorry betz, I seem to be slipping today!   ;D

x14113

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on August 17, 2012, 07:00:20 pm
The record in 1950 Waldron High School Bulldog Football Team, coached by L.R. Sawyer and Wilson Kell:

Waldron 77, Ozark 0

Yeah, that would sound about right.   ::)

Back then, the Hillbillies were much like what Dover is now--a usually sub-par program that would suddenly erupt with incredible brilliance once every several years.  It wasn't until the '70s that Ozark would have success more frequently, and it would take two more decades before success could reasonably be demanded every season.

DogsWin7

Sure would be nice to have Waldron be able to return to such a dominate team.  I am really thinking that with the Coach Davis this can be a reality once again in the future.   Will take time,  just hope some are willing to wait and give him a chance.

Can't believe Coach V. hasn't made a pick on the Waldron vs Mansfield game coming up!    I think it will prove to be a good game and allow the Bulldogs to grow as a team.  Go Waldron Beat Mansfield!

Bigredhog1971

Waldron has some work to do from what I saw tonight maybe they can get something going by the time conference play starts or it's going to be a long year for the bulldogs.

georgef22

Bigredhog1971

DogsWin7

Thanks for posting about Waldron!   Finally, I thought I was the only one alive on this thread... ;D

Like I said, the Bulldogs are learning and working to play as a team.  New aspect of Football for them, the Coaches etc.  Danville- folks is a good team this year.  They will more than likely go to the final playoff round. 

People are really going to have to back this Coach and team and give them a chance.  Davis is a hard worker and very dedicated from what I hear.   I have heard that they are more together with the basic plays, routes etc. and functioning better overall in general.  I also hear that he has brought a new sense of energy and excitement with players and has really bonded with all of them.  Like a team.   

What's that saying, Rome wasn't built in a day!   Be Patient.

Bigredhog1971

Thanks for the kind words about Danville it's going to tough for them to get that far in the playoffs in 3a if they were still in 2a they probably win it all but as far as Waldron goes I think if they stick with that coach a couple of years they will be good maybe not this year but I think by the end of the season this year they could start see a difference and some improvement.Its just going to take some time and effort.

DogsWin7

DogsWin7

August 22, 2012, 08:57:34 am #190 Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:53:36 pm by DiehardFBfan
Thank Goodness for Norm Betz.  Glad he keeps up with the Bulldogs..........

Article about the Waldron/Danville scrimmage  read writeup at urhtsports

Also found this bit of Info.----- The History of the 1929 Waldron Almamater and THE 1st FOOTBALL TEAM! (scroll dwn to Yell Ki-yi, Ki-yi!) growingupinwaldron

Here is a obit. of one of Waldron's Alums
thedailyhatch.org

DogsWin7

August 23, 2012, 08:19:56 am #191 Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 09:26:50 am by DiehardFBfan
Nay, Nay, they are starting to say,
like a lion's roar,
it can be heard ore'
Come on Waldron stand up and fight,
Let's be the one's to do what is right.
We can Teach the kid's, that they Can prevail,
Don't be the one, that keeps causing them to fail.
Let the Coach, Coach!
Let the players, Play!
For today is their day,
It's the new coaches way!
Waldron deserves the chance,
a chance to be given,
it is the kid's chance,
a chance for redemption.
Let's put the nay's away,
for it is not this day.
What a great way to start the season of play.
Waldron is a community with fan's and a vision
Don't be the one to start community division.
Waldron once was a place to behold
let's get it back with the schools mission to hold
then there they can win the championship division!
Their time is now,
Let's give them a cheer
The kid's love football, that's what we hear
So let's say Yeah, and go on are way
with hope in our hearts
to see this one's way.

I forgot..........GO WALDRON BEAT MANSFIELD!      @betz is your interview with arvarsitycom on the web?  i'd like to read it. thanks

GoodBetterBetz

Here you go diehard: The interview: http://arkansasvarsity.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1400172 (segment on Waldron starts about 12:15) Go Dawgs Beat Mansfield!

DogsWin7

August 24, 2012, 08:21:21 am #193 Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:34:56 pm by DiehardFBfan
Quote from: GoodBetterBetz on August 24, 2012, 12:01:45 am
Here you go diehard: The interview:segment on Waldron starts about 12:15) Go Dawgs Beat Mansfield!

Thanks!  GO Waldron Beat Mansfield!  Like the Podcast Luke and Nate!!!!!!

Just finished listening to the Podcast.  Have to say it is nice to listen to that while reading FF!  Betz you represented Waldron well, imo especially not to get paid.   Coach Davis and his team is a man on a mission!  Everyone Hang IN!!! 

DogsWin7

Quote from: GoodBetterBetz on August 24, 2012, 12:01:45 am
Here you go diehard: The interview: http://arkansasvarsity.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1400172 (segment on Waldron starts about 12:15) Go Dawgs Beat Mansfield!

Sure am glad Luke and Nate are going to do this interview of HC thing to cover surrounding schools once a wk on fridays if I heard right........... shows great support to the kids and liked what they had to say this week about all the teams. ;) ;D

GO WALDRON BEAT MANSFIELD X 1000000000000000000000 (does that cover it betz :))

DogsWin7

First Annual "Bark in the Park"  Tuesday!  Features The 2012 WHS Bulldogs with Community Pep-Rally!

GO WALDRON BEAT MANSFIELD!!!!

DogsWin7

August 26, 2012, 05:52:00 pm #196 Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:36:55 pm by DiehardFBfan
Is Waldron any better at covering the pass?   sounded like that is something they have struggled with for a few yrs and this scrimmage against Danville.

Interview said Mansfield has 2 240 pnd lineman, a good running bck and are a underated team.   

Concerning.......but Coach needs time and I would even say maybe another Coach he could bring in to help out considering Waldron is a 4A school would even be better possibly. 

Should add that Waldrons Stats (yes stats) for the Scrimmage looked very good as opposed to yrs past which I would predict is do to Davis's new leadership.  Positive's keep happening!!!! 

DogsWin7

August 27, 2012, 01:21:23 pm #197 Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:46:58 pm by DiehardFBfan
Waldron, Davis Want to Find Winning Ways.  That is the title of an article ran in yesterdays Special edition of Football Preview 2012 in the Times Record by Bobby Swofford. ( It featured all area schools as well)   

Wish it was online so I could share it or if I knew how to scan and post like some other person I know ::) it would be even better! ;D  But I don't so here is one of many positive comments from Coach Davis and how he is seeing things being turned around for The Waldron Bulldogs.  Davis spoke highly of the Bulldogs.  Waldron's youth is on their side and they have lots of upcoming potential.

"The big thing that has encouraged me the most is how hard they have worked," Davis said.  We are going to share the football," Davis said.

"We are bringing back the triple option attack so you ned plenty of guys back there".  Carpenter,Igle he noted as the fastest along with Brumbelow who runs the ball really hard at full back position.  He stated that Dakota Wagnor (D-Wag) will lead the offense at qb. Davis noted several sophmores who will see action on the defensive side as well, along with Johnston who won out the job of center in the spring.   Sr. Bryson Betz was also mentioned to be the big play threat for the Bulldogs' offense.

DogsWin7

August 27, 2012, 01:42:36 pm #198 Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:58:21 pm by DiehardFBfan
Waldron was also featured along with all area schools in a 4-4A Capsule in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette yesterday, by Lane Kramer.  It was featured as Northwest Arkansas Football.  NWAONLINE.COM   Section K.   fyi. ;)

Still don't know how to post actual articles but here is what Davis said.

Quoting Coach Davis: "When you've been beat down as long as Waldron has, you've got a mind-set you've got to overcome that you can't win.  As much as we'd like to go undefeated, we'll be happy with four or five wins, just something to show improvement and that we're turning things around."

whippersnapper

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas