• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 4-3A @ Smackover

Started by 3 Dollar, May 01, 2016, 03:18:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Dollar

Host school along with Harmony Grove-Camden, Horatio and Genoa Central.

CoachSB00

Don't count out the Cossatot River Lady Eagles.  Played a tough, hard Schedule last week with 5 games in 3 days and counting the 13 inning game Monday against Horatio, which they won, that is like 6 games in 3 days.  Came out with a 3-2 record but they where some tired ladies at the end of Wednesday nights game against Genoa so they have had some rest and I expect them to be ready to go, come game time Thursday.  Go Lady Eagles. 

ea cat

1 Horatio vs 4 McGehee
1 Smackover vs 4 Centerpoint
2 Genoa vs 3 Fordyce
2 Harmony Grove vs 3 Cossatot

CHGHornets

Quote from: CoachSB00 on May 02, 2016, 11:09:19 am
Don't count out the Cossatot River Lady Eagles.  Played a tough, hard Schedule last week with 5 games in 3 days and counting the 13 inning game Monday against Horatio, which they won, that is like 6 games in 3 days.  Came out with a 3-2 record but they where some tired ladies at the end of Wednesday nights game against Genoa so they have had some rest and I expect them to be ready to go, come game time Thursday.  Go Lady Eagles.

Regardless of record or having rest, the more talented team is going to win. 3 Dollar has it right in the 4 going to state. I just hate we lost that first time to Smackover or we could be playing Centerpoint instead of Cossatot River. But I fully expect for us and Smackover to be in the regional championship just like last year! Good Luck to everybody and safe travel

baseball2012

I have no idea what to expect from the 3-A 7.  This conference must be pretty close to equal because they have beaten up on one another lately.  I thought Horatio was the dominant team but they have lost three straight.  If Genoa beat Parkers Chapel then they are definetly solid.

XFalkonz

Quote from: CHGHornets on May 04, 2016, 10:18:42 am
Regardless of record or having rest, the more talented team is going to win. 3 Dollar has it right in the 4 going to state. I just hate we lost that first time to Smackover or we could be playing Centerpoint instead of Cossatot River. But I fully expect for us and Smackover to be in the regional championship just like last year! Good Luck to everybody and safe travel
If Cossatot River has their CF back and they are pitching the freshman....they will give CHG all they want and more. If CHG gets to looking to the championship game and overlooks CR and especially Horatio....it will be a bad time for them

CHGHornets

Quote from: XFalkonz on May 04, 2016, 12:37:23 pm
If Cossatot River has their CF back and they are pitching the freshman....they will give CHG all they want and more. If CHG gets to looking to the championship game and overlooks CR and especially Horatio....it will be a bad time for them

Ok a common opponent we have is fouke. We beat them 21-2 and They barely won 5-3. I'm not saying it won't be a good game. I am just saying the more talented team will win!

Proud Buckaroo

I'm hoping for a better championship this year. Lol. With Smackover winning!

HawgBall06

Horatio into the semis with a 13-3 win over McGehee 

XFalkonz

Any update on the CHG vs CR game...last I heard it was 0-0 in the 5th

Proud Buckaroo

XFalkonz

May 05, 2016, 02:32:21 pm #12 Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 02:51:26 pm by XFalkonz
Did I just hear correctly that Cossatot River won 2-0?
Edit: maxpreps is showing Cossatot River winning 2-0. Hmmmm

Proud Buckaroo

You read right, man. It was 2-0 in 9 innings.

Proud Buckaroo

Back to back double for the lady buckaroos. Lexi Gilbert scores.  Runner on 3rd. One out. Bottom of the 2nd.

CoachSB00

Quote from: CHGHornets on May 05, 2016, 09:14:56 am
Ok a common opponent we have is fouke. We beat them 21-2 and They barely won 5-3. I'm not saying it won't be a good game. I am just saying the more talented team will win!
XFalkonz, yes you heard right Cossatot River wins 2-0 in 9 innings. It was a good pitchers duel with good defense. Thats why we play the game no matter what the record is or the scores against other teams. GO LADY EAGLES!!! 

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover still leads 1-0 in the bottom of the 6th.

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover won 5-0 over Centerpoint.

XFalkonz

HawgBall06

Not so fast my friend.  Counting your regional championship appearances before you clear the 1st round is dangerous.  Congrats to the Lady Eagles in their 2 wins so far and good luck against whoever they face (Genoa Central or Smackover) in the regional finals tomorrow. 

Proud Buckaroo

Smackover leads 3-1 over Genoa central in the 3rd. Two outs. Runners on 2nd and 3rd.

fastpitchcoach0104

Genoa wins 5-4 over Smackover in 8 innings. Play Cossatot River tomorrow

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: fastpitchcoach0104 on May 06, 2016, 04:56:21 pm
Genoa wins 5-4 over Smackover in 8 innings. Play Cossatot River tomorrow

How did this happen?

fastpitchcoach0104

Genoa finally strung some hits together to score. I ITB Genoa was able to score and held them scoreless.

fastpitchcoach0104

Genoa finally strung some hits together to score. I ITB Genoa was able to score and held them scoreless.

mustanglion73

Proud Buckaroo

Last score I have for the Smackover game was 11-9 bottom of the 7th. Smackover losing. I don't have a final.

HawgBall06

#3 Horatio over #4 Smackover 11 - 9 

#1 Genoa Central over #2 Cossatot River 5 - 1

CoachSB00

Well the first inning got us this time but that's why we play the game. Timely dinkers in the first killed us, but VERY PROUD of the COSSATOT RIVER LADY EAGLES!!!!!  2nd place runner up in regionals not to shabby for a team that wasn't predicted to make it past the FIRST ROUND and not to bad for a team that some other people said didn't have talent, well apprently they do and they proved it and are going on to play in STATE as a #2 seed. Win or lose I'm super proud of all these young ladies and the hard work they have put in. Now lets go and work harder in state. You can do this!!!!  GO LADY EAGLES!!!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas