• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

benton panthers football

Started by beaverfan007, October 27, 2014, 01:04:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beaverfan007

Does benton have what it takes to win the 6a state championship? Will the tie with Bryant hurt them at the end of the season

Oldbadger

Quote from: beaverfan007 on October 27, 2014, 01:04:52 pm
Does benton have what it takes to win the 6a state championship? Will the tie with Bryant hurt them at the end of the season
Yes, and No.

ricepig

No one knows, and no, no effect.

Majique™

October 31, 2014, 03:53:27 pm #3 Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 03:55:02 pm by Majique™
Defensively, yes.  As a team as a whole, probably so.  However, who they play when and how they play them may be the critical components (isn't it always)?  As for the last part of your question...I'm assuming you're talking about the tie with Bryant being a factor in any way regarding Benton's playoff seeding.  That being said, no, the tie won't have any impact at all.  There are a couple senarios that will decide where Benton gets seeded in the playoffs; two of which Benton can control - beat El Dorado and beat Pine Bluff and they're the #1 seed.  Beat El Dorado and lose to Pine Bluff and they're likely the #2 seed.  OR they could lose to El Dorado and beat Pine Bluff and be the #1 seed, etc, etc, etc.  The results of tonight's games will provide a much clearer picture of who gets what seed.  I'll go on record now and predict final conference results:

7-0 Pine Bluff
6-1 Benton
5-2 Lake Hamilton
4-3 El Dorado
3-4 Texarkana
2-5 Parkview
1-6 Sheridan
0-7 Hall

I realize there are folks who hope I'm wrong on some of these....me included!!!

IAFLAR7

Basically Benton has secured a home playoff game, beat El Dorado & secure two home playoff games and beat Pine Bluff would get them a home semi-final game - of course, assuming they would keep winning......

Majique™

Quote from: IAFLAR7 on October 31, 2014, 09:00:12 pm
Basically Benton has secured a home playoff game, beat El Dorado & secure two home playoff games and beat Pine Bluff would get them a home semi-final game - of course, assuming they would keep winning......
Benton's win tonight guarantees them a first round by and no less than a #2 seed which means home game in round 2.  Win that one and they're home for round 3.  Win that one and they're off to WMS!

Pr8hd

Quote from: Majique™ on October 31, 2014, 10:55:55 pm
Benton's win tonight guarantees them a first round by and no less than a #2 seed which means home game in round 2.  Win that one and they're home for round 3.  Win that one and they're off to WMS!

If they finish #2 in the South and #1 Jonesboro wins Round 2 as well, pretty sure they go to the higher seed in Round 3 (semi's) which would likely be Jonesboro.

Majique™

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 31, 2014, 11:44:33 pm

If they finish #2 in the South and #1 Jonesboro wins Round 2 as well, pretty sure they go to the higher seed in Round 3 (semi's) which would likely be Jonesboro.
You are correct on one and likely the other. I'd like to see a Jonesboro - Lake Hamilton matchup.

Pr8hd

Quote from: Majique™ on November 01, 2014, 12:25:24 am

You are correct on one and likely the other. I'd like to see a Jonesboro - Lake Hamilton matchup.

Great win tonight for the Panthers btw!

IAFLAR7

1st and 2nd round the top of each bracket would be the home team - 3rd round and finals the home team is the higher seed. So if Benton is the #2 seed and advances to the semis, the only way they are home team is if they are the higher seed.

ricepig

Quote from: Majique™ on November 01, 2014, 12:25:24 am

Not that we wouldn't mind ending their season for the third straight year, I was hoping for someone new this year, change of pace.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas