• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Fairview @ Hot Springs

Started by Youngsta71701, October 27, 2014, 09:56:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

Camden Fairview is finally getting back healthy and it showed this past Friday night. The first complete game we've played this year.

Camden 27
Hot Springs 17

RamFan06

Could the wheels be coming off of Cinderella's train? They seemed unbeatable but dealing with adversity has not been easy for this team in the last few years. Fairview should take this one.

Fairview 35
Hot Springs 21

that1guy2110

CF-28
HS-14

I said in another thread I thought HS could lose 3 in a row and it started last week. This will set up a fairview chapel conference championship game next week

wing

I know I sound like Captain Obvious here but this game will be all about turnovers. If CF doesn't turn it over they win by 3 TD's. Maybe more. If CF protects the ball, they will be hard to beat.

CF

If CF plays the way they did against Hope, Hot springs is in serious trouble!  The defense was attacking and finding the ball last Friday.  Offensively if we just continue to throw the ball down field to open up the running game it could get ugly.  CF 35 HS 17

Lionheart88

I'd like to see Hot springs win this one, for reasons that should be obvious.  Good luck Coach Vereen!

GuvHog

The Trojans will be hacked off after that loss to White Hall and the game is at Hot Springs. CF may win but IMHO it'll be a very close game.

Absolut

Talk about a game that could go either. I saw CF play WH and Camden made plenty of mistakes even though they pulled the game out. HS is huge up front and runs that flexbone offense very well with limited mistakes. I think the injury report is key in this game. Any major injuries on either team?

spongebob

Quote from: Absolut on October 28, 2014, 06:03:54 pm
Talk about a game that could go either. I saw CF play WH and Camden made plenty of mistakes even though they pulled the game out. HS is huge up front and runs that flexbone offense very well with limited mistakes. I think the injury report is key in this game. Any major injuries on either team?
just nicks, scratches, and bumps for CF
might actually be the first game they play with a full team

AT

It's crazy how all these conference leaders in the South have to win their week 9 games so they aren't risking being out of the playoffs in week 10.

RamFan06

This has been a fun season in the south. STRESSFUL, but fun.

wing

Got bored last night and did a little ciphering (Jethro Bodine math). A lot of scenarios can play out in the 5A South. For CF, if they win out they get the #1 seed. Lose either to HS or WC they get a #2 seed.   Lose both, they drop to a #4 seed. I don't know all the rules and tie breakers but Jethro said 0 X 0 = 0 so I got to be right.

stayreddie

Quote from: wing on October 29, 2014, 06:11:43 am
Got bored last night and did a little ciphering (Jethro Bodine math). A lot of scenarios can play out in the 5A South. For CF, if they win out they get the #1 seed. Lose either to HS or WC they get a #2 seed.   Lose both, they drop to a #4 seed. I don't know all the rules and tie breakers but Jethro said 0 X 0 = 0 so I got to be right.

Unless the AAA decides to take action on CF and vacate the wins they got while using an uncertified OC during their first 2 conference wins. Probably would've happened already, but why does this not get more attention? Are they held to a different standard? Rules are rules and all programs should adhere or be held to the fire. If this were to happen then their only chance would be to play spoiler in weeks 9 and 10. However, lots of great football to be played. This matchup could reveal a lot about both programs. Is HS for real? Has Camden re-established themselves as the 5a front runners? We shall find out Friday. GL to all..

RamFan06

Quote from: stayreddie on October 29, 2014, 08:36:32 am

Unless the AAA decides to take action on CF and vacate the wins they got while using an uncertified OC during their first 2 conference wins. Probably would've happened already, but why does this not get more attention? Are they held to a different standard? Rules are rules and all programs should adhere or be held to the fire. If this were to happen then their only chance would be to play spoiler in weeks 9 and 10. However, lots of great football to be played. This matchup could reveal a lot about both programs. Is HS for real? Has Camden re-established themselves as the 5a front runners? We shall find out Friday. GL to all..

What is this about. Have I missed something, haven't heard about this.

spongebob

October 29, 2014, 09:59:06 am #14 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:07:46 am by spongebob

I'm curious why you signed up to post on FF considering that's one of your first posts. Could it be to make things up?

FBFan92

I was wondering when someone was going say something about this. I heard the same thing about a month ago.

Lionheart88

If they lose both, they could be out completely.  It's unlikely, but it could happen.  If WH and Lakeside win out and CF loses out, that will leave WC, HS, WH, and Lakeside with 2 losses and CF with 3.

RamFan06

Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 29, 2014, 11:14:06 am
If they lose both, they could be out completely.  It's unlikely, but it could happen.  If WH and Lakeside win out and CF loses out, that will leave WC, HS, WH, and Lakeside with 2 losses and CF with 3.

Could you imagine. A playoff year with no CF but with both HS and LS! I am loving the competition in the south this year.

spongebob

LS gonna have to beat HS to get in

stayreddie

Quote from: spongebob on October 29, 2014, 09:59:06 am

I'm curious why you signed up to post on FF considering that's one of your first posts. Could it be to make things up?

Negative. Just a fan of the game and good programs. Story I got was that the HC's son called plays for the first 5 games before being told he would not be able to continue, since he was not a certified employee. Coincidence that the following week was a 29-0 loss to Magnolia?? I saw that game and it was clear that the offense was out of sync and that the play calling wasn't up to standard. Just curious if any of y'all had any more information than I do. I would love to hear more.

spongebob

October 29, 2014, 01:41:58 pm #20 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 01:45:29 pm by spongebob
Quote from: stayreddie on October 29, 2014, 01:29:30 pm

Negative. Just a fan of the game and good programs. Story I got was that the HC's son called plays for the first 5 games before being told he would not be able to continue, since he was not a certified employee. Coincidence that the following week was a 29-0 loss to Magnolia?? I saw that game and it was clear that the offense was out of sync and that the play calling wasn't up to standard. Just curious if any of y'all had any more information than I do. I would love to hear more.

I'm sure you would. Sounds like your ears are already working overtime. Instead of saying "I heard", maybe make sure of all the facts before you put something out here that may or may not be true. JS

stayreddie

Quote from: spongebob on October 29, 2014, 01:41:58 pm

I'm sure you would. Sounds like your ears are already working overtime. Instead of saying "I heard", maybe make sure of all the facts before you put something out here that may or may not be true. JS

Will the truth come to the light? Will CF end up just playing for pride? Only time will tell for them...

wing

Quote from: stayreddie on October 30, 2014, 06:41:36 am

Will the truth come to the light? Will CF end up just playing for pride? Only time will tell for them...

CF will play with/for pride regardless of the out come. That's just what good programs do.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: stayreddie on October 30, 2014, 06:41:36 am

Nothing from nothing= Nothing

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

To stayreddie's credit, I've heard similar info, but didn't really have any details.  The thing is, even if the OC wasn't a paid, certified assistant, does it matter?  I know a lot of programs that have unpaid volunteers helping out.  Does it really matter who calls the plays?  I don't see how there is anything illegal about this.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Chief_Osceolaâ„¢ on October 30, 2014, 11:40:23 am
To stayreddie's credit, I've heard similar info, but didn't really have any details.  The thing is, even if the OC wasn't a paid, certified assistant, does it matter?  I know a lot of programs that have unpaid volunteers helping out.  Does it really matter who calls the plays?  I don't see how there is anything illegal about this.
I know of at least one program who was made to forfeit a game because a non-certified person was on the sidelines helping coach.  Maybe it doesn't matter if they're only at practice or in the booth on a headset, but it does if they're on the sidelines.

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 30, 2014, 11:49:22 am
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 30, 2014, 11:40:23 am
I know of at least one program who was made to forfeit a game because a non-certified person was on the sidelines helping coach.  Maybe it doesn't matter if they're only at practice or in the booth on a headset, but it does if they're on the sidelines.

Oh, ok.  I didn't know the full extent of the rule, or that there even was a rule to address that.  Thanks for the info. 

RamFan06

A volunteer coach is prohibited from performing any coaching duties during an interscholastic contest in the sports of football, basketball and track. Per AAA handbook Article II, Section 2, Rule 3A. 

Lionheart88

Quote from: RamFan06 on October 30, 2014, 12:05:55 pm
A volunteer coach is prohibited from performing any coaching duties during an interscholastic contest in the sports of football, basketball and track. Per AAA handbook Article II, Section 2, Rule 3A. 
Right, but what are "coaching duties"?  I think we've all heard stories of dads at a basketball games sitting right behind the bench and giving instructions to players.  I know that in soccer, it's in the rulebook that coaches are allowed to communicate with anyone during the game.  A friend up in the stands (who's not in any way certified) could call him up on the cell phone and give him advice during the game and that's perfectly legal.  Isn't an uncertified guy up in the press box petty much the same deal?

Note that I'm just speaking for the sake of argument here.  I certainly wouldn't advise any such course of action, but I can see how folks might argue the point.

stayreddie

Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 30, 2014, 01:44:17 pm
Right, but what are "coaching duties"?  I think we've all heard stories of dads at a basketball games sitting right behind the bench and giving instructions to players.  I know that in soccer, it's in the rulebook that coaches are allowed to communicate with anyone during the game.  A friend up in the stands (who's not in any way certified) could call him up on the cell phone and give him advice during the game and that's perfectly legal.  Isn't an uncertified guy up in the press box petty much the same deal?

Note that I'm just speaking for the sake of argument here.  I certainly wouldn't advise any such course of action, but I can see how folks might argue the point.

Arkansas School Laws Annotated 2005-2006, 6-22-107 (b) states that the Registered Volunteer Program Act does not apply to the sports of football, basketball and track. Therefore this issue is definitely illegal and beyond even AAA sanctions. Not to throw salt on soccer, but the relevance of the sports is null and void.

RamFan06

Just confirmed this afternoon that this issue is dead. It is being considered a paperwork filing mistake and it has been rectified.

that1guy2110

Maybe now we can get back to talking about the game instead of trying to back door CF out of wins and looking to stir something up

Lionheart88

Quote from: stayreddie on October 30, 2014, 02:04:41 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 30, 2014, 01:44:17 pm

Arkansas School Laws Annotated 2005-2006, 6-22-107 (b) states that the Registered Volunteer Program Act does not apply to the sports of football, basketball and track. Therefore this issue is definitely illegal and beyond even AAA sanctions. Not to throw salt on soccer, but the relevance of the sports is null and void.
Even in other sports, if someone isn't registered, they can't coach.  Except that at least one sport says in the NFHS rulebook that coaches can talk to absolutely anybody on an electronic device during the game.  I don't have a copy of the NFHS football rulebook, but if it contains a similar provision, then it muddies the waters.  That's what I'm saying.

Chughes11

We need this W tonight Hot Springs!!

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: that1guy2110 on October 30, 2014, 02:29:40 pm
Maybe now we can get back to talking about the game instead of trying to back door CF out of wins and looking to stir something up

So is this non-certified coach calling the plays tonight?

wing

No its certified! Butt whipping. Hate it, but that's what it is.

Chughes11

Chughes11

Looks like Ran fan was wrong. Hot springs won't lose its next 2 and miss playoffs. More like win next 2, and win the south!  8) ;D  :-X

Chughes11

hst

38-20 Hot Sprrings over Camden! Final!

that1guy2110

Great game HS y'all's kids played hard. Proud of CF kids for continuing to play hard. Lets get this W next week against chapel

spongebob

Quote from: wing on October 31, 2014, 09:18:47 pm
No its certified! Butt whipping. Hate it, but that's what it is.
.....been taking way too many of those this year....

Redbird88

CF

Is it just me or did CF get away from everything they have been doing.   Play calling tonite I will never understand.  We have sum great receivers but for some reason CF decides to run the ball every play.    I'll say it again throwing the ball down the field (like CF usually does) opens up the run!   Congrats to the Trojans their program is turning around and they have one heck of a offensive line and running game.

Youngsta71701

November 01, 2014, 06:30:01 am #44 Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 08:11:11 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: CF on October 31, 2014, 11:51:52 pm
Is it just me or did CF get away from everything they have been doing.   Play calling tonite I will never understand.  We have sum great receivers but for some reason CF decides to run the ball every play.    I'll say it again throwing the ball down the field (like CF usually does) opens up the run!   Congrats to the Trojans their program is turning around and they have one heck of a offensive line and running game.

+1, and how many times did we attack the middle with the run or the pass? Not to mention our DC made no adjustments to stop the running game at all. I would have pressed the line of scrimmage with my outside linebackers to set the edge and put 10 in the box if I had to. They only threw 2 passes all night.

CF

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 01, 2014, 06:30:01 am

+1, and how many times did we attack the middle with the run or the pass? Not to mention our DC made no adjustments to stop the running game at all. I would have pressed the line of scrimmage with my outside linebackers to set the edge and put 10 in the box if I had to. They only threw 2 passes all night.

Kept waiting for the defensive to adjust in first half. Never happened.  Shoulda loaded everybody in there make them throw the ball.  O well can't wait till next Friday to see our play calling.  Seems to change every game. 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: CF on November 01, 2014, 08:37:30 am

Kept waiting for the defensive to adjust in first half. Never happened.  Shoulda loaded everybody in there make them throw the ball.  O well can't wait till next Friday to see our play calling.  Seems to change every game.

lol, +1

wildboy44

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 01, 2014, 09:04:57 am

lol, +1
This is and will be the norm around CFV.

FBFan92

Hot Springs dominated Camden from start to finish.

wing

Quote from: wildboy44 on November 03, 2014, 07:13:25 am
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 01, 2014, 09:04:57 am

lol, +1
This is and will be the norm around CFV.

Hopefully not. We all knew that this was sort of a rebuilding year then our best player jumps ship. A lot of new faces. Not just coaches but players as well. I do think we may have gotten away from what we normally do Friday night. Maybe the coaches saw something on film. Wasn't at the game, but it sounded like it. Easy for us to say after the game. I have faith in this staff and the kids. Just been a crazy year for CF and the south. Need to get re-focused and be ready for a good WC team.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas