• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Har Ber and Springdale

Started by spacesorlaces, October 21, 2014, 12:59:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

spacesorlaces

Both Springdale and Har Ber are down this year. Is it a talent cycle? Systemic?  Not trying to bash anyone. I'm just curious. What needs to change?

spurrr

IMO Springdale is a combination of talent and coaching. There is some talent in the school that won't play for the current coach and some that transferred out this year.

HB just doesn't have any talent and lost their great o line coach last year.

Hoggy

I watched Springdale JV the other night.  They were very small and majority Hispanics.  The majority of hispanics just can't play in the 7a west.  Just don't have the genetics

olddog79

Maclin on your girl

Walter

TigerHawg

Gus......BUS!  (credit Benchwarmers)

someone had to say it.....

Hoggy

Even Gus couldn't make Springdale good right now

spurrr

The chatter around here is HB has thrown in the towel on this year's season and playing quite a fe of their younger players.

Rob Van Winkle

Harber has a ton of talent coming up in the 9th and 8th grades. Just have a dry spell with this years senior and junior class.

Hoggy

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on October 31, 2014, 04:52:40 pm
Harber has a ton of talent coming up in the 9th and 8th grades. Just have a dry spell with this years senior and junior class.
what about their sophmore class?

Rob Van Winkle

I think the soph class is good but those next 2 classes are loaded!

FanOfTheSport

So what's going to happen at Springdale? They're about to go 0-10 what's the word they got any new plans for Springdale football?

ricepig

Quote from: FanOfTheSport on November 04, 2014, 10:29:02 am
So what's going to happen at Springdale? They're about to go 0-10 what's the word they got any new plans for Springdale football?

I've heard Woods is looking at the Mt. Home coach, or Waldron coach........

FanOfTheSport

So you're telling me that Springdale is 0-9
And they're looking at a coach from Mtn. Home where they're 0-9
And also looking at Waldrons coach where they are 0-9 as well??
Doesn't make much sense

ricepig

Quote from: FanOfTheSport on November 04, 2014, 12:22:23 pm
Doesn't make much sense

Went right over your head, didn't it? You get it, Woods, choosing the coach at Springdale again?? Now, would you choose those mentioned, or Rick Jones, Scott Reed, or any other "successful" coach? It was a joke......

FanOfTheSport

Quote from: ricepig on November 04, 2014, 12:31:49 pm
Quote from: FanOfTheSport on November 04, 2014, 12:22:23 pm
Doesn't make much sense

Went right over your head, didn't it? You get it, Woods, choosing the coach at Springdale again?? Now, would you choose those mentioned, or Rick Jones, Scott Reed, or any other "successful" coach? It was a joke......
It really did lol you got me I give credit when due well deserved haha any other day I catch the sarcasm really not sure why I didn't in the first place.

FanOfTheSport

On a serious note though does anyone think this job will come open?

FanOfTheSport

Shhhh   :-X  don't everyone tell whats going on at Springdale all at once....

Maclin on your girl

When's the last time springdale went 0-10?

Rob Van Winkle

You would have to go back at least 50 years, probably more, to find a Springdale team that didn't win a game. It's sad to see.

Hoggy

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on November 06, 2014, 05:54:30 am
You would have to go back at least 50 years, probably more, to find a Springdale team that didn't win a game. It's sad to see.
Same can be said for Dequeen.  They have something in common.  Majority hispanic

A-Good-One

I don't think Springdale High is a majority Hispanic. Close, though. Probably 40s in percent.

FanOfTheSport

Quote from: Hoggy on November 06, 2014, 08:32:14 am
Same can be said for Dequeen.  They have something in common.  Majority hispanic
Well I know DeQueen used to be a pretty solid team when Paschal was there before he left to go to Monticello and win a State Title. I haven't seen much out of DeQueen as of late at all but they were successful with that offense. Maybe that offense would fit Springdale a lot better than what they're doing now?? I mean the guy is a winner just look at his record. Just a thought.

FanOfTheSport

Quote from: FanOfTheSport on November 06, 2014, 02:30:50 pm
Well I know DeQueen used to be a pretty solid team when Paschal was there before he left to go to Monticello and win a State Title. I haven't seen much out of DeQueen as of late at all but they were successful with that offense. Maybe that offense would fit Springdale a lot better than what they're doing now?? I mean the guy is a winner just look at his record. Just a thought.
Oh yeah and you can see how bad Monticello has been ever since the guy left they're terrible....TERRIBLE..

Hoggy

Quote from: FanOfTheSport on November 06, 2014, 02:30:50 pm
they were better before Paschal and after

FanOfTheSport

His last year at Monticello he played DeQueen in the season opener and beat them by quite a bit. He would have had a chance to win state with that group of seniors at DeQueen that year as well. Not to mention he took Barton to the state title game two years after getting the job there. Just pointing out facts man. 

Hoggy

Quote from: FanOfTheSport on November 06, 2014, 03:08:57 pm
His last year at Monticello he played DeQueen in the season opener and beat them by quite a bit. He would have had a chance to win state with that group of seniors at DeQueen that year as well. Not to mention he took Barton to the state title game two years after getting the job there. Just pointing out facts man.
nope he wouldn't have had a chance to win state at Dequeen with that group, there was no talent left in senior high at DQ when he left.   His last year at Monticello he had tons of talent.  Everyone knew talent was gone at Monticello after he left. 

FanOfTheSport

Quote from: Hoggy on November 06, 2014, 04:37:14 pm
nope he wouldn't have had a chance to win state at Dequeen with that group, there was no talent left in senior high at DQ when he left.   His last year at Monticello he had tons of talent.  Everyone knew talent was gone at Monticello after he left.
Greg White who went to Mizzou with that QB they had the Ervin kid and the Dooley kid who went to SAU they had talent just from what I heard no discipline.

Hoggy

Quote from: FanOfTheSport on November 06, 2014, 07:34:32 pm
Quote from: Hoggy on November 06, 2014, 04:37:14 pm
Greg White who went to Mizzou with that QB they had the Ervin kid and the Dooley kid who went to SAU they had talent just from what I heard no discipline.
Man those guys were in 7th grade when he left.  When he left there was no talent in high school

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas