• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A Top 5

Started by HorseFeathers, October 14, 2014, 06:10:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tiger34

Will still be good, but losing 20+ ppg and all the assists he had each game will be hard to replace.

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: tiger34 on October 29, 2014, 02:11:09 pm
Will still be good, but losing 20+ ppg and all the assists he had each game will be hard to replace.
They've still got some good threats, but Perry did everything on that team...They don't really have anyone now that can penetrate as well as Perry did, but they will still be a Top 10 team in the state

cdelaney

Quote from: think on October 29, 2014, 12:49:34 pm
Will Mayflower be as good without Perry?
I would think not as good. He was a very strong scorer, could take it to the hoop, draw the foul and make the shot. Not a great jump shot but seemed to improve as the season went on.
I am not sure though that team chemistry might improve? In the finals of regionals it seemed like he tried to do too much and didn't involve the other two main scorers they have. But seemed like in State they were playing well, hung with Charleston for most of the game.

jr17

The won't be AS good. But still a top 5 team imo. We still have guys that will be able to pick up the 20+ppg they just won't be as prolific about it like perry can be. I'm sorta ready for some basketball season guys.!

RTF

Not sure how putting Charleston 4th overall in the state in preseason is a sleight 12th man but whatever.... I guess that ego is just to big?

DogsWin7

Quote from: RTF on October 30, 2014, 08:27:32 am
Not sure how putting Charleston 4th overall in the state in preseason is a sleight 12th man but whatever.... I guess that ego is just to big?
You need to use the quote feature more so people will know to answer or reply to your posts. 

WPWells

Oh he was talking to me. I guess it's just obvious when you put us below a team that we beat last year by 20

RTF

DieHard my Reply will not work for some reason, it boots me out instead of posting... 12thman I think West fork will be better this year and Charleston will be a little worse but still good, that is all... nothing more to it... again its just a preseason assumption but I like how you get worked up about my opinions 12thman =)

DogsWin7

Quote from: RTF on October 30, 2014, 09:39:59 am
DieHard my Reply will not work for some reason, it boots me out instead of posting...
You might need to ask and PM Doug why that is happening....he could help.  :)

BigCatMan

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 30, 2014, 09:33:03 am
Oh he was talking to me. I guess it's just obvious when you put us below a team that we beat last year by 20

Regional Finals 3/5/14 WF vs Charleston

1. WF-16 CT-7
2. WF-26 CT-22
3. CT-41 WF-29
Final:
Charleston wins 55-45

IMO, this does not appear to have been a blowout. Great game but Charleston was the better team, but not by 20.

neds

Quote from: jr17 on October 29, 2014, 08:13:06 pm
The won't be AS good. But still a top 5 team imo. We still have guys that will be able to pick up the 20+ppg they just won't be as prolific about it like perry can be. I'm sorta ready for some basketball season guys.!

I doubt the top 5 piece. Could have some new players that would be a surprise, but last years cast less Perry is -15 in almost every game they play. When he went to the bench with foul trouble last year ECS immediately stretched their leads to +10 or more. I too can't wait, ECS will start very late this year due to football.

jr17

As will mayflower.. possible semi matchup between episcopal and mayflower in football brackets this year.

stevenmcdonald

How can you not include the Marianna Trojans, we always have a good basketball program.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: stevenmcdonald on November 07, 2014, 10:22:52 pm
How can you not include the Marianna Trojans, we always have a good basketball program.

whats the word on Marianna jr girls this year? they are in same JR Valley View tourney as us

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas