• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Crazy Weather

Started by DogsWin7, March 01, 2012, 08:22:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Lions84

Break out the Rain gear for this Friday  Weathermen calling for Rain in DFW and in Arkansas.

Valleysports

Oohhhhh Happy, Happy, Happy - let it rain on the Arkansas River, between Dardanelle & Morrilton.  :D

Jacketman65

Quote from: Valleysports on October 09, 2014, 01:03:33 pm
Oohhhhh Happy, Happy, Happy - let it rain on the Arkansas River, between Dardanelle & Morrilton.  :D
Sounds like you will have plenty by Mon. evening, perhaps too much.  Hopefully it won't wash your acorns away!

Valleysports

Quote from: Jacketman65 on October 11, 2014, 12:30:04 am
Quote from: Valleysports on October 09, 2014, 01:03:33 pm
Sounds like you will have plenty by Mon. evening, perhaps too much.  Hopefully it won't wash your acorns away!

Wash them Acorns right into my duck holes.  Water levels are about right - just need a little here and there until Nov 22nd...  I have tarps under every Oak Tree, in my neighborhood, catching Acorns for the deer feeders.  I'm harvesting Doe's, for management, anyway.

True Believer

Rainy, overcast, dreary, yucky, chili cooking, football watching, not getting off the sofa  unless necessary kind of day. 

DogsWin7

Rainy Sleep In kind of Monday Morning.....think I'll make some soup and cornbread for today.  :)

Hopefully it will clear out and be nice this weekend for the games!

DogsWin7

The weather has been nice....I dread winter.   The trees are starting to change colors though.

beach bum

Made the move to Colorado Springs 4 days ago... Absolutely amazing here. In the lows 40s in the morning and low 70s and sunny by afternoon. Im going to get used to running the trails at Garden of the Gods as the sun comes up... Weather is amazing

DogsWin7

Quote from: beach bum on October 22, 2014, 02:18:07 pm
Made the move to Colorado Springs 4 days ago... Absolutely amazing here. In the lows 40s in the morning and low 70s and sunny by afternoon. Im going to get used to running the trails at Garden of the Gods as the sun comes up... Weather is amazing
It sounds beautiful!   You are so lucky!!!  I'm jealous!   I ran yesterday....it's been nice weather here the past few days but I really miss the sunshine and the heat.   I'm a summer girl:)

cuckoobird

Well its going to be mid 80's this weekend

Ridge Rat

Great day for walking up around Hawksbill Crag or Whitaker Point. I don't think the leaves are peak yet, but they sure are falling. A good rain and you'll miss a lot of beauty.

Valleysports

Quote from: Ridge Rat on October 26, 2014, 07:37:27 pm
Great day for walking up around Hawksbill Crag or Whitaker Point. I don't think the leaves are peak yet, but they sure are falling. A good rain and you'll miss a lot of beauty.

I ate at the Cliff House (steak is exceptional) last night - next week might be peak on fall colors.  Supposed to have a cold snap later in the week.  Been stacking deer and firewood - fall is by far the best time of the year in Arkansas. 

Lions84

Wore shorts to football games and band contest this past weekend.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lions84 on October 27, 2014, 11:14:48 am
Wore shorts to football games and band contest this past weekend.

I didn't haha....The Mosquitoes in Hazen would have ate me alive....We haven't had any mosquitoes in my neck of the woods since the middle of summer, and they're still going strong on the prairie...

beach bum

Haha I know what you mean about the mosquitos in east Arkansas HF.... These last few days in Colorado have been bonkers. I spent the weekend biking around Denver, Boulder, and Estes with temps in the 70s... Today Im eating on my patio in Colorado Springs around 4 oclock and snow starts coming down. I love it though.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on October 27, 2014, 09:49:06 pm
Haha I know what you mean about the mosquitos in east Arkansas HF.... These last few days in Colorado have been bonkers. I spent the weekend biking around Denver, Boulder, and Estes with temps in the 70s... Today Im eating on my patio in Colorado Springs around 4 oclock and snow starts coming down. I love it though.

I hate you....there I said what everyone is thinking lol

iliveformarch

October 27, 2014, 10:04:29 pm #2417 Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 10:07:40 pm by iliveformarch

Valleysports

October 28, 2014, 07:15:23 pm #2418 Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:05:00 am by Valleysports
Good Lord - I'll be careful, not to get Doe Urine on my hand, next time I freshen a mock scrape!

Update: might've poured on too much - 4 pt & doe, standing out there looking scared. 
Sure is a gorgeous morning!   

Valleysports

Time to pull in the plants, firewood, and watch for Crazed Deer, my good friend - Mr Winter, is here!
They're coming Cuckoobird - I'm telling you its going to be a sight to see!
Freeze Watch Tonight!  ;D

True Believer

Brian G

DogsWin7

GET OUT AND VOTE EVEN THOUGH IT IS RAINING AND IF YOU DIDN"T VOTE EARLY>>>>>>>THANKS!  :)

Hurry back Summer! 

True Believer

DogsWin7

Please be careful driving.   The fog is horrible where I am.   

DogsWin7

Ready for the Artic Blast??!!!!!!!  :'(   

cuckoobird

Wimp it couldnt have come at a better time with deer season opening this weekend

Valleysports

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 07, 2014, 05:27:57 pm
Wimp it couldnt have come at a better time with deer season opening this weekend
I'm so freaking excited about this Artic Blast pushing the Mississippi Flyway - I can't hardly stand it!   ;D

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on November 07, 2014, 05:50:21 pm
I'm so freaking excited about this Artic Blast pushing the Mississippi Flyway - I can't hardly stand it!   ;D

Someone leave the refrigerator open in Alaska?

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on November 07, 2014, 06:00:56 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on November 07, 2014, 05:50:21 pm

Someone leave the refrigerator open in Alaska?

Yes!

http://www.weather.com/video/monster-storm-on-the-way-55272

True Believer

Well SHUT the front door NOW!

Now I have to turn on the heat.  Poot!

Breitontime

November 09, 2014, 06:31:03 pm #2431 Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 07:05:08 pm by Breitontime
It stays at 61° in my house. Hopefully I won't have to turn the heat on to get it there this coming week.

I hate snow, but I am looking forward to flipping on the 4WD for the first time in the new truck and having some fun.

DogsWin7

I seriously thought the 35 mph windgusts today was going to blow me away.   Wow!   Cold front is on the fast track to AR....:(  today was nice warm...glad I got outside to enjoy it and the sunshine.

Breitontime

It was mighty windy today. Took the bike for a ride to the beer store. That first real gust about blew me off the road. Took me by surprise.

Brian G

Looking forward to the chilly game Sat at DWR.

ricepig

Well, I'm looking forward to the game, I'd just as happy with mid 50's for temps.

Brian G

More clothes=More pockets

More pockets= More stuff

True Believer

I blame my stuffed up nose and cough due to turning on my heat.   I have only had it on once.   I am now wearing "Odor of la Vicks".   

Another reason I hate the cold.  But it's coming.  So I have my warm clothes all laid out. 

ricepig

Quote from: B.G. on November 10, 2014, 07:31:38 pm
More clothes=More pockets

More pockets= More stuff

More stuff to lose.

Brian G

You say "lose", I say "consume".

DogsWin7

Cold has arrived!  High around 40! 

Happy Veterans Day to All Who Have Served!   Thank you and God Bless you and your family. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on November 11, 2014, 09:43:26 am
Cold has arrived!  High around 40! 

Happy Veterans Day to All Who Have Served!   Thank you and God Bless you and your family. 

It got warmer than 40 degrees today.....it was T-shirt weather when I got off of work...not so much 45 minutes later when I got home though...

Jacketman65

DogsWin7

Hot Chocolate and Electric Blanket time.   I do think my pace got a little faster though running! lol :-X

Valleysports

Quote from: beach bum on October 27, 2014, 09:49:06 pm

You going for a run today Beach bum? ha ha ha ha

Uncle Ivan

That wind is not freaking helping.

Jacketman65

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 12, 2014, 06:05:45 pm

That wind is not freaking helping.
Cuck only hunts at night so Ivan, the wind doesn't bother him!

cuckoobird

I hvnt hunted at night in years

True Believer

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: cuckoobird on November 12, 2014, 06:37:11 pm
I hvnt hunted at night in years

Doesn't matter lately.

I sat in a stand this morning in 26 degree weather for four hours...saw one squirrel.

And a bird.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas